- 4+ years of IT experience as a DevOps engineer and Build and release Engineer in designing and building DevOps solution in both AWS cloud and on - premise environment.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with the principles and practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, also experienced in Agile Testing Methodologies & Validations to ensure Quality Assurance Control.
- Experience with CI & CD methodologies using Jenkins and build tools such as Apache ANT, Maven.
- Worked with the version control tools such as GIT, Subversion(SVN) wherein experienced with tagging, branching on platforms like Linux and Windows.
- Experience working on AWS cloud such as creating IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, EBS, auto scaling etc.
- Experience in App Containerization technology Docker, creating Docker images, Containers, Docker Registry to store images, cloud-based registry Docker Hub, Docker Swarm to manage containers.
- Experience in running web scale services on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experienced in SCM -GIT, Wed/Application server - apache and Tomcat
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, docker.
- Experience in Custom integration, plugins dev for different tools around CI/CD like Jenkins, Artifactory using API and other techniques.
- Worked closely with Development, QA teams to solve complex build and deployment process through all the phases of the development.
Operating System: UNIX, LINUX, Windows, Ubuntu, Centos.
Version controls: Git, GitHub, Subversion(SVN).
Web App Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
Configuration Management Tools:: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Programming Languages:: C, C++, Java, Python, PowerShell.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla.
Build and Deployment: ANT, Maven, Jenkins.
Cloud Environment: AWS (Amazon Web Services).
Confidential, Morgan hills, CA
- Configured, monitored and automated Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Maintained GIT source code repository and local mirrors, perform branching, tagging, merging and maintenance tasks for windows host. Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins & GIT to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Used Docker for containerization. Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, swarm, creating Docker Images, Compose, Docker Registry.
- Configured the users accounts for continuous integration and created Upstream and Downstream jobs using build Pipeline in Jenkins. Configured SVN with Jenkins and scheduled periodic builds.
- Experience in Continuous Delivery framework in Linux environment using Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and WebLogic application server. Supported developers for Java based Web Applications.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Ant/Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml. Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and executed CI process on the Java code generated.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, maven, GIT, SVN, Chef, Nexus, Python.
AWS DevOps Engineer intern
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Complete knowledge of AWS service.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Worked on writing Ansible playbooks for automating and deploying various packages into servers.
- Developed Ansible playbooks for managing the application/OS configuration files in GitHub, integrating with Jenkins, and Verifying with Jenkins plugins, deploying the application into the Linux environment.
- Developing build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Examine and clear conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Ant and written Maven pom.xml build script.
- Used ANT build tool for scripts deployment and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and done C.I process on the java code generated.
Environment: CI/CD, ANT, MAVEN, AWS, GIT, Ansible, Linux, Jenkins.
Build and release Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Developing build using MAVEN as build tool and using Jenkins to kick off the builds to move from one environment to other environments
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects. Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins (Continuous Integration Tool) on Linux/Windows machines along with adding/updating plugins such as Build Pipeline, SVN, SSH Agent, GIT Hub, Maven, ANT, SonarQube, Thin Backup, and Junit etc.
- Experience with build tools ANT and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml files respectively.
- Used SVN as source code repository and experienced in cloning, pulling, pushing the code.
Environment: GIT, Maven, ANT, Tomcat, Jenkins, Windows, Linux, SVN, JIRA, SCRUM, GITHUB.
Junior DevOps Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installation and Configuration of the APACHE web Server on Linux, platforms, troubleshoot and access log files for errors and web access traffic.
- Performed installation, patching, and upgrading software and hardware packages including its dependencies using YUM, UP2DATE, and DEBIAN.
- Supporting Linux Oracle Database Servers.
- Configured and managed Apache HTTP Server on Linux for web-based applications using REST/SOAP, Apache and WebSphere.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of system performance and networking.
- Installation, configuration and hardening of Linux servers, working with security team on future patching.
- Verify and troubleshoot failed maven builds on Jenkins.
- Collaborate with business partners to perform software enhancing testing.
- Performed Administrative and Management tasks using shell Scripts written in Bash, Python, C-Shell in Linux to automate the tasks.
- Troubleshoot, document and communicate failed builds to the Dev team.
Environment: APACHE, Linux, HTTP, Jenkins, Python