- IT Professional with 8+ years of experience in IT industry as DevOps/AWS cloud Engineer, Cloud automation and Build release management. Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Agile environment and server side deployment in application, middleware and integration layer.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services ( EC2, ELB, VPC, S3, CloudFront, IAM, RDS, Route 53, CloudWatch, SNS,).
- Good experience in CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), strong background in Build and Release Management and Cloud Implementation all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture.
- Installed and Setup Web Servers ( Apache and Tomcat ), DB Server ( MySQL).
- Experience in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU) servers and Windows 2010/2012 along with Amazon Web Services.
- Branching/Labelling/Merging and other SCM work on various Centralized (SVN, Perforce) and Distributed VCS.
- Experience with automated implementation/deployment of cloud based infrastructure (Web apps, Application Service Environments, Firewalls, Load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, AD, DNS etc.).
- Experience with DevOps tools e.g. Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef, Sumologic, TFS, Release Management, Octopus Deploy, Power shell .
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, Implementation & Post - Production analysis of the project
- Expertise in Continuous Delivery tools like Chef, RunDeck and puppet.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and GIT on UNIX and windows environment
- Good Knowledge in bash (Shell) and exposure to Jython, Python scripting.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins, Docker, Team City and Build Forge for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- A collection of examples, tips and tricks and snippets of scripting for the Jenkins Pipeline plugin
- Knowledge on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository
- If used in a local binding, an admin user will have rights to view any resource in the project and modify any resource in the project except for role creation and quota open shift .
- When used out-of-the-box, Sonar is a code quality radiator accessible by everyone at anytime.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSHas the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Openstack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Deploying the code through web app servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/Amazon cloud server.
- Code repository management, code merge and quality checks with various tools, especially GIT, NEXUS, etc.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool .
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, iCinga for Resource Monitoring/ Network Monitoring/ Log Trace Monitoring.
- Exposure on DNS and Load Balancing experience on Nginx and knowledge on HA Proxy.
- Knowledge in administering VMware Infrastructure Client 3.5 and VSphere 4.0,Orcale virtual box.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Http, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SQUID, Postfix, FTP, send mail, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
- Worked closely with Project Manager, Development, Testing & Production teams to align Project deliverables, dates & report issues/concerns.
- Provided 24/7 technical supports to Production and development environments.
Operating Systems: Linux,Debian,Ubuntu,Linuxmint,RedHat,RHEL,Fedora,Centos,Gentoo,chromeos.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios,Monit,ELK,Consul.io,jenkins,docker
Cloud Technologies: Vcloud,VSphere,AWS,Azure
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra,, SQL server
Web and application servers: Apache Tomcat, IIS, HIS, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla
Build Tools: Bitbucket,Ant,Maven,Jenkins,chef source code management: Subversion, GIT, SVN, RTC, Source Tree.
Web Technologies/Programming Languages: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++,, Python, Shell scripting. Scripting/Programming core Java,Go,Python scripting and shell, Bash
Confidential, Austin, Texas
Sr AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Working on DevOps Platform and have gained experience in specialized areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Build expertise in Workflow for Amazon Web services including Security Groups, IAM, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, Policy, VPC, Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, Chef, Jenkins, Vagrant, Apache, Tomcat, Git and GitHub.
- Classified and identify the configurations Items such as documents, Source Items, Support Items and Archive items Created Repository structure in the Subversion
- Installing Subversion, Apache Tomcat Application servers on Unix Servers.
- Developed End to End solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Designing and deploying a multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and autoscaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS CloudFormation, Code Deploy, EBS and Ops Works.
- Created Apache Directory Server for local network and Integrating RHEL instance with Active Directory in AWS VPC
- Assisted customer in implementing DevOps strategies using Jenkins for automated deployment of builds to different environments and Build Forge as the automated engine.
- Designed and Developed Java Objects based on Java Patterns and UML Specifications.
- Built Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery environment in Jenkins.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Installed and managed kubernetes applications using helm.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Docker in a cloud based service during production and Set up.
- Involved in setting up the architecture of proposed environments with all the CI/CD tools.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash script
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Installed and Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection and openstack to provision new machines for clients.
- Used Jenkins to automate everyday builds, testing and deployed in artifactory and tomcat servers.
- Working experience on LDAP,NIS,DHCP,TCP/IP, DNS
- Extensive experience on Open stack, knowledge in Dynamite, AutoSys, JFrog, App dynamics, Zabbix monitoring Tool, Bitbucket, NoSQL like Redis.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Knowledge on Scripting Languages like Ruby, Pearl, Bash, Python, Shell, PHP & Java.
- Responsible for merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT(Github/Gitlab), SVN (subversion) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensive working experience in working on with agile environment and have a Full understanding of SDLC and process
- Experience in automation of configuration of hosting environments including database administration and scaling an application and support load changes by using ansible and chef.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, Ansible, Lambda, AWS EC2, AWS S3 and RDS, Beanstalk, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS CloudWatch and Route53, ANT, MAVEN, Shell (bash), Nagios, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Docker.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven in Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes.
- Implemented project migration and portfolio migration tasks.
- Installed WebLogic applications and spearheaded deployment activities.
- Installed, configured, and maintained QA and production systems.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Run deck.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Installed Urban Code Deploy server, agents and doing deployments in various environments.
- Testing of cookbooks with Chef spec.
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installation, configuration, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Analyze Cassandra database and compare it with other open-source NoSQL database to find which of them better suites the current requirement.
- Stood up Cassandra clusters in the Amazon Web Services Cloud and migrated data between environments.
- Assisted customer in implementing DevOps strategies using Build Forge as the automated engine.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in deployment environments of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Worked with different bug tools like JIRA, Rally, and IBM Clear Quest.
- Developing Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code build promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson and GitHub.
- Performed deployment, ongoing maintenance & configuration of systems for maximum availability, security, performance, and documentation in a Linux based production environment.
- Installed & maintained XEN & VMWare servers with multiple VM’s running a multi VLAN Physical & VM environment.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop Eco System.
- Migrating an on-premises application to AWS.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Evaluated Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with the help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Succesfully migrated the Django database from SQLite to MySQL to PostgreSQL with complete data integrity.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 to SQL Azure.
- Optimization/ Cost Reduction of Amazon AWS services (EC2, S3, EBS, Route53, VPC, SES).
- Able to create scripts for systems administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Coordinating with different Project teams on Build & Release planning and efforts.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Responsible for changes for Release and environment configuration.
- Design and Implement WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure. This layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
- Create Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for administrative tasks and management of the server infrastructure.
- Configured TFS to run continuous integration of builds and execute unit test on all check-ins for ASP .NET Web Applications.
- Automating build process using Subversion (SVN) and ANT.
- Used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx to achieve Continuous Delivery.
- Resolved ADC Mailbox queries related to TFS/Build issues.
- Adding the New Co-Admin and Managing the Co-Admins for all the Subscriptions in the Windows Azure Platform.
- Worked directly with Azure Product team in tracking and resolving defects in the beta Azure IaaS offering.
- Responsible for configuring management to different application layer modules.
- Responsible for database build, release, and configuration.
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Worked with different team members for automation and Release components.
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge etc
ENVIRONMENT : AWS Cloud, Azure, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Jira, RHEL 6.X, Shell, Python, AWS EC2, Tomcat, Oracle HTTP Server.
Build and Release Engineer.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Trained developers in the use of Tortoise SVN and Web SVN as GUI clients for Subversion.
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and QALC (Quality Assurance Life Cycle).
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, Perforce, and GIT.
- Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using PERL.
- Setup the build and deployment scripts for J2EE and Java applications using Web logic Application Server and ALSB.
- Worked in creating Web Sphere/Web Logic Application Server Clustered Environments and Handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production.
- Extensively used Ant, Maven, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using Anthill and SVN Tools.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on Web Sphere, Tomcat, Web Logic application servers.
- Demonstrated expertise in installing, configuring JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.1 and Apache 2.2
- Modified build, Junit and reporting plugin in Maven POM Configurations according to project's need.
- Configured and Maintained Apache web servers for Release Management Team's internal use.
- Provided assistance to developers in resolving problems.
- Establish and implement Deployment Standards and Best Practices.
- Execute Refreshes, Configuration and Rebuilds of Development, Test, UAT and Release Environments
- Documented and published complete migration process of Subversion (SVN admin dumps) to UCM Clear Case (VOBS).
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell and Perl scripts
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes
Environment: CVS, Clear Case (SCM, UCM), Apache ANT, XML, Perl Script, bash Shell Scripting, Sed.,SVN, ANT, Maven, Puppet, Tomcat, Shell, Nexus, and JIRA.
Build Release Engineer
- Classified and identify the configurations Items such as documents, Source Items, Support Items and Archive items Created Repository structure in the Subversion. And Installing Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Application servers on Unix Servers.
- Established the change control in response to approved issues and maintained the revision management, base lining.
- Maintained the Tags, Branching and merging the code in the parallel development of two phases and applied the vendor patches to the Trunk and All branches in Subversion Repository.
- Administering the UNIX, SVN Repository. Migrated the code from other Version Control to Subversion.
- Involved in Installing and configuring GIT distributed version control tool .
- Written pre-commit, post-commit, post-receive hooks in GIT .
- Responsible for merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT.
- Stay current with the latest features/capabilities of the AWS platform.
- Experience in writingwith Java, Perl, Python, Ruby and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache/Tomcat/MySQL/PHP, LDAP, XAMP web service environment.
- Monitoring the hosts and networks using Iostat, VMstat, MPstat and Other Tools.
- Written pre-commit, post-commit, post-receive hooks in GIT
- Implemented Chef to spawn new servers with right configuration.
- Good knowledge working with different monitoring tool like Nagios.
- Used SQL to perform basic database administration.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
- Experienced in Trouble shooting, Backup and Recovery
Environment: UNIX, SVN, GIT, JIRA, Python, SQL Code Development, AWS, MySQL/PHP, LDAP, XAMP, Nagios, Java.
Systems Engineer - Linux
- Detailed Understanding on existing build system, Tools related for information of various products and releases and test results information.
- Worked in improving Telecom services and Node installation and network management
- Worked with support teams and resolved operational & performance issues
- Prepared use-case diagrams, class diagrams and sequence diagrams as part of requirement specification documentation
- Involved in designing the test plans, and performing the integration testing and Closely worked with the QA team to resolve the defects
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin managing Maven repositories
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects
- Involved in Sprint meetings and followed agile software development methodologies
- Used MS VISIO for developing Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams in the design phase
- Designed and developed framework components, involved in designing MVC pattern using Struts and Spring framework
- Managed Users and Groups in SVN and involved in troubleshooting client spec issues and user issues.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce process is by creating the scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST)
- Used JSP for the GUI and Java Servlets to handle requests and responses
- Prepared Functional Specifications for MOM and prepared resource plan for the activities of Change Requests and New Objects in pipeline
- Worked on improving the existing code and also reducing the redundancy and performing Low Level Design Document reviews
- Organized Knowledge Sharing Sessions within the team and provided timely estimations for the project for various releases
- Involved in releasing LSV, EP baselines and also in staging baselines for Applications and PRA activities
- Performed and planned various test activities like System Regressions, Performance and Function tests
- Prepared test plan, test cases and test scripts in the TCI tool
- Performed various activities like Defect Tracking, Bug Reporting and Designing solution for Bugs reported by the support team