- Over 7 years of experience in Mobile & Web application Manual and Automation Testing.
- Experience in Manual and automation testing on IOS, Android, Kindle devices, setup boxes and game consoles.
- Extensive experience in QA Planning for the 2 weeks Sprint cycle, prioritizing and distributing the tickets among the onshore/ offshore teams.
- Extensive experience in Mobile app automation testing using Calabash and Appium (both on Android and iOS). Over 5 years of experience in Android Application Testing
- Hands on Experience with Omniture - Charles, Fiddler, Bloodhound and Wireshark. Experience in Performance Testing and Load Testing of Device and Web Applications.
- Experience in Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) focused on testability, robustness, and performance and creation of designs for production software.
- Experience in developing test plans and in web automation using standard testing frameworks and agile methodology, using Selenium RC, QTP and TestNG.
- Experience managing and training the off-shore QA team on different mobile application platforms namely Android, iOS, RIM, BB, Midp, Brew.
- Experience in writing understanding the turbo tax applications and write-automated tests for both IOS and Android for various OS and resolutions.
- Performed UI testing of Angular Web Applications using Java Script Frameworks like Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, and Karma.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, JUnit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in device lab setup with the help of IT team to facilitate the offshore team accessibility to the mobile devices and running the automation suite for the Port Certification of devices. Hands on Experience in DB testing using My SQL, SQL Developer.
- In depth knowledge of Use Case Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Effort Estimation, Test Plan, Test Case Creation, Test Execution, Bug Analysis, Bug Reports Creation, and Defect Causal Analysis. Excellent understanding of software concepts like OOPS, data structures, algorithms.
- Tested Client/Server, Web Based Applications, Waterfall and Agile Development Processes.
- Experience in Claims system of P&C insurance with a focus to Coverage and Financial transaction processing. Work exposure to Data Warehousing concepts and Business intelligence projects.
- Extensive experience in different types of testing methods like System testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, Positive and Negative testing, End to End Regression testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke testing and Sanity testing.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: iOS, Android, Windows family, XP, UNIX, MAC, Mainframes
DATABASEs: SQL, MS Access, MS Excel (VBA), SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle, PL/SQL
TOOLS: Oracle SQL Developer, DB Visualizer, MS Visio, Eclipse, HP Quality Center ALM, MS-Project, Emulators, CSmartCloud, Perfecto Cloud lab, soapUI, Citrix, VM ware, Toad, Oracle SQL Plus, SQL Server, Jira, WinSCP, TCoE tools, QTP, Rx connect, UltraEdit Text editor, Putty, Datastage
SCRIPTING: UNIX Shell Scripting, XML
C, VB, SQL, PL/SQL, NS: DK, NCL, Manual Testing, Mobile Application Testing, HP Quick Test Pro, MS-Project, web services testing
MS: Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes
Content Management: VSS, CVS, PVCS, Microsoft SharePoint
Mobile Environments & Browsers: iPhones, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung, GoogleNexus7, iPads, Amazon Kindle Fire HD, other Android Tablets, Safari, Firefox, Google Mobile Browsers, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome, Safari web browsers
Confidential, Eagan, Minnesota
Mobile Test Lead
- Responsible for designing and executing manual and automated test cases for Mobile based application.
- Performed Functional and Regression Testing
- Participated in Daily Scrum Meetings
- Defect Management using ALM/HP Quality Center tool.
- Defect Management using bug tracking tool like JIRA, ALM/HP Quality Center (QC).
- Adept in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Test Management and defect reporting tools like Quality Center/ALM, JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Developed automation scripts, executed and analyzed test results using a Hybrid Framework in Selenium.
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script - free Keyword + Data - Driven framework for over 45% Test cases using Selenium WebDriver + TestNG.
- Used Appium tool to develop automation test scripts on Android platforms for native applications on mobile devices.
- Wrote and executed Test Cases for front-end and back-end users, Cucumber format
- Analyze and understand the Test automation framework using XCUI, Android studio
- Making builds from Xcui and Android Studio to run on device, Stimulators and emulators.
- Involved in writing the test scenarios, developed feature files using Cucumber annotations.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium Web Driver using behavior data driven approach like Cucumber. Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Written Step Definitions and test scripts using Cucumber.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications on iOS and Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, and Cucumber.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Experience in setting up test environment for automated script execution using Java, Appium and TestNG.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG .
- Used GitHub as version control tool.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Tested webservices using SoapUI/Ready API tool and creating SoapUI Automation Mock services.
- Worked on Postgres SQL application for advertisement industry to provide a platform to manage different customers and to integrate it with existing software systems.
- Created automated system in handling orders, product uploads, batch processing using Postgres SQL.
- Implemented BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions.
- Involved in Regression Testing using Selenium webdriver. Implemented Page Objects automation framework using selenium Webdriver, Java, Junit, Maven.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) with CI tool (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
Sr. Mobile QA
- Execute and update test case for System test, report and verify issues.
- Perform Regression testing and Deliver system test issues.
- Tests scope to include application modules, integration layer and full end -to-end testing incorporating various devices.
- Used Appium for native, hybrid Mobile Application Testing for IOS and Android platforms.
- Used Appium for test Automation Framework, Cross platform test Automation.
- Manually Testing the Confidential app on different platform like IOS, Android, Kindle devices, setup boxes and game consoles.
- Analyzed and worked on porting existing applications from Postgres database to Oracle database.
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber and Selenium Web Driver.
- Strong understanding and use Network traffic debugging tools like Fiddler, Charles, or Wireshark.
- Working on mobile analytics using Charles proxy for checking Networks calls generated while app and Https calls requested by 3rd party Clients.
- Familiar with streaming media workflow - VOD, DAI, Live event, Live TV channel, transcoding, PPV and playback Restart content.
- Performing Smoke Test scripts run for automation using Appium.
- Good Experience in Testing the Setup Box (STB), Remote and mDVR while using the app.
- Engaged in framework enhancements and worked with Dev team for setting integrating tests with Jenkins on different device.
- Creation of wiki pages for all users to identify the service and how to use mock services.
- Closing working with offshore team- Daily meeting and helping in test suite run for every Sprint.
- Good Experience in working in Agile Team - participating Scrum and standup meetings.
- Used JIRA bug tracking tool to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
- Planned and performed functional testing of all digital advertising campaigns on web and mobile platforms.
- Coordinated with Business Users and Development for setting up Test Environment, Test Data and Backend Interfaces.
- Actively trained Business Users involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and helped them understand UAT procedure.
- Interacted with developing team to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults.
Confidential, Westlake Village, CA
Sr. Mobile QA
- Attend story-card sessions conducted for Guidewire configuration and gather requirements
- Gather business requirements through interviews, JAD sessions and observations and created the Business Requirements documentation for building UI for viewing data through Guidewire Policy Cent er.
- Be part of Scrum meetings and ‘Sprint Planning’ and ‘Sprint Review’ meetings to understandthe extent of story cards being handled per sprint and to assess the impact on the project thereof.
- Responsible for drafting requirements based on the impact identifie d
- Responsible for preparing Technical Documentation for code and design changes, completing Claims Center configuration changes and Unit Testing the changes
- Experience on Guidewire's UI testing in Policy Center and Billing Center Screens for Personal lines business Defined the page layouts, reports templates and dashboard layouts for reservation monitoring and for gathering usage statistics
- Gathered requirements for the Guidewire Worker's Compensation, Personal Auto and Commercial property in Claims Center.
- Attend mapping sessions and extend support on functional knowledge of Coverage handling
- Prepared requirements document for Commercial Auto, Crime, Worker's Compensation, Umbrella, Business Owners Policy, and Commercial Property Package.
- Work with SME to define the solution approach, and elaborate the requirements and solution aligning with agile timelines of Guidewire ClaimsCenter implementation project
- Be part of Sprint demo sessions to understand the extent of changes handled in each sprint, and identify gaps for the requirements if any
Environment: SDLC, Manual, Automation, Agile, Ecilipse IDE, Wireshark, Selenium Web Driver, Jira, Selenium IDE, ANT, Appium, Android SDK, Java, TestNg, Charles Proxy, HP Quality Center, MS-Office, PLSQL.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Mobile Automation Engineer
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle AngularJS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Validated Credit card application pages (Business, personal, BDD based requirements) webdriver BDD, SVN, with application built using TDD, ATDD) & sending out Automated smoke test reports. Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed cross-device testing. Tested application on several devices with different versions of Android OS. Ran the application on two types of Android Emulators as Android SDK and Genymotion to conduct cross-device testing.
- Deployed the latest build of the App on iOS and Android using xCode and Android SDK
- Created and added Automated smoke, regression test cases for capital one (BDD)
- Worked as an SDET to create initial test plan, test cases, test documentation and test validation requirements for BI reports
- Used tools to observe and capture web server requests, such as Charles Proxy, and browser extensions such as Ghostery
- Debugged issues using Android Studio, Xcode, Logcat, Wireshark, Charles debugging programs order to capture and provide device logs to engineering teams for investigation within the code.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junitprior to agile release.
- Analyzed metrics captured through Charles Proxy and developer’s tools to validate and QA the siteData loaded on webpages
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, &Web Services testing.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven. Conducted manual testing on software on a continuous development cycle
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Support defects by providing logs using Android SDK tools as well and adb logcat command
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium. Used SeleniumWebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation using Rally and JIRA
- Cucumber was used for the entire regression testing and functional testing with Selenium as primary tool to the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired. Used Wireshark for network packet analysis.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium, Jira, TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, wireshark, CSS, TDD, Android, Android SDK, SQL, Charles Proxy, Oracle and Windows, JMeter
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
Sr. QA Test Engineer
- Extensively worked with Group of the organization on Agile software development methodologies. Leaded the integration testing process.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to deal with constant changes in SDLC with exceptional team building, leadership, test management, excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Participated in SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them
- Well versed with Testing like Functionality problems, Cosmetic & GUI related problems, Performance related problems, Database related problems, Browser compatibility problems
- Testing GUI related issue like links & buttons, Login functionality, Navigation related issue, Data Integrity & to validate whether data is stored correctly at back end.
- Involved in Functional testing, Regression testing, Smoke & Sanity testing, Positive & Negative testing, Security testing, Ad hoc testing, compatibility testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Manage defect tracking and defect maintenance and perform defect root cause analysis.
- Continuously asking questions of both developers and business users to ensure the test suite is comprehensive. Mobile device testing using Charles Proxy.
- Extensively work on SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Joins, Triggers, and Cursors to retrieve data. Write test case based on business requirement
- Automated script for performance tuning using LoadRunner.
- Well versed in verifying data loaded in tables by ETL process.
- Worked with processing data available in Flat Files and Relational Databases with Transformation rules.
- Extracting data from tables, formatting and dumping in files for validation.
- Analyzed video games for a variety of types of defects (bugs) and entered into tracking database.
- Tested new versions of games for bugs in previous releases to ensure fix and/or removal
- Identified shortcomings in QA Processes, Web testing, Selenium Automation. Suggested & implemented improvements.
- Created processes to ensure the data quality of the information collected.
- Analyzed, Reviewed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications of the application.
- Interaction with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues so as to meet the requirement for a better-quality software product.
Environment: SDLC, Manual, Automation, Agile, Ecilipse IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Jira, Selenium IDE, ANT, Appium, Android SDK, Java, TestNg, HP Quality Center, MS-Office, PLSQL.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
Sr. Mobile QA Engineer
- Installed Mobile Applications into the different Mobile testing devices and environments
- Preparation and peer review of Test Cases and Test data to validate functionalities
- Defined QA Strategy, Estimates and future roadmaps with the Onsite and Offshore teams
- As an Experienced Application and Technical Subject Matter Expert on Mobile apps, gathered the Project Requirements and suggested innovative improvements and ideas for the growth of business related to the UI & Business teams
- Executing test cases and Reporting Defects in Quality Centre
- Assisting in execution of QA CoE roadmap to meet organizational goals
- Preparing the Test execution plan, Test Execution Summary report, Test Plan, UAT Test sheets, Production Charter documents and Project Analysis Presentations
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG. Prepared the Daily, Weekly, Project Status reports for the customer
- Proficient in devising all the artefacts of testing such as Test Scenario's, Test cases Defect Reports and Test Summary Reports
- Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
- Used Selenium Grid, NUnit test scripts to run automated test cases in parallel on 5 environments. Responsible for the Mobile Onsite & Offshore Deliverables to the Client
- Performed cross Browser compatibility testing on different Operating Systems using Selenium WebDriver. Coordinated UAT and setup the changes to be implemented
- Developed, executed and maintained Selenium automation scripts for UI web application.
- Scripting the test cases for regression using Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Conducted the Defects Triage calls to bridge the Testing, Development, Business, Customer teams to evaluate the progress, performance of the applications and Defects
- Distributing work to the Offshore team and getting the status and validating Execution and providing Metrics to the QA Director and Project Management on a daily and weekly basis
- Regression Testing, SIT, detecting bugs & classifying them based on the severity.
- Participated in scheduled meetings with offshore team to review progress, and discuss issues
- End to End Testing - the Entire Mobile App functionalities across all devices
Environment: DB2, SQL, Windows OS family, Perfecto, Selenium, Android, iOS, Citrix, soapUI, HP Quality Center, Web Services, HP Quick Test Pro, Lotus Notes, MS-Project, UNIX, MAC, Mainframes, Perfecto Cloud lab, VM ware, Toad, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio 2005, WinSCP, Emulators, Level3, PVCS