- Over 7 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Cloud/DevOps , Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline), Build and Deployment Automation, Release management, Source Code Repository, Environment Management, Linux/Windows administration and support.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private/hybrid cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Elastic Beanstalk (EBS ), S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, EMR, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch , Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS , Route 53 and RedShift.
- Cloud migration, Configuration and installation of various services provided by AWS.
- Experience with log aggregation tools like ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana) configuration and administration for monitoring AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience in configuring AWS IAM Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Experienced with creating AWS AMI and launching instances using customized AMI's.
- Experience in creating and managing AWS S3 buckets to store and retrieve data. And Managed user access by assigning bucket policies, user policies and ACL.
- Good Understanding on usage of EC2 Spot Instances, On-Demand and Reserved Instances.
- Develop/capture/document architectural best practices for building systems on AWS.
- Deployed various WAR applications in Domain and Clustered environments on Apache Tomcat server.
- Experience in creating environments, deploying and managing applications using AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Installed and Setup Ansible for infrastructure automation, automated installing the Linux packages and administering Linux service using Ansible, and automating product installation configuration.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, and Traffic Manager.
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like DockerEngine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, DockerRegistry, Docker container snapshots and DockerSwarm. Used Docker for local Application Deployment and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Used Ansible and AnsibleTower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Strong hands-on expertise on configuring and integrating the servers with different environment and creating new machines using configuration management/provisioning tools like CHEF (Knife, recipe, cookbook),ANSIBLE (Playbook, inventory).
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins using Maven to get the Quality Analysis for all the Projects pre-deployment. Discussed the report with Developers so as to explain the SonarQube Report and to help improve code Quality.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Datadog, Artifactory, Cloud watch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Perforce and TFS on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Proficient with Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, YAML, Groovy, PHP, Java, Ruby & Perl scripting languages for automation, monitoring and passionate about learning new scripting languages on demand.
- Experience in Configuration management tools like Ansible and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms along with knowledge in Chef .
- Developed Chef Recipes in ruby to configure, deploy and maintain software components of existing and cloud infrastructure and bootstrapped chef client nodes.
- Expertise in ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, the source code.
- Adept in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5/6/7, CentOS 5/6/7, Debian, Ubuntu, Solaris, Mac OSx.
- Extensively worked on Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, system Performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Strong working experience in Relational databases like Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Developer and MYSQL and also NoSQL database- MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, SLES 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN, Mac OSx
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Storage: EMC Clariion CX series, NetApp.
Backup Management: Veritas NetBackup 4.x/5.x/6.x, Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, Tivoli, Symantec Netbackup 7.x
Cloud Environments: AWS, AZURE, Openstack, PCF, CloudFormation, Terraform
SCM Tools: Git, Subversion SVN, TFS, CVS, BitBucket, Perforce
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, Anthill Pro, uDeploy, Maven, ANT, Gradle
Automation& container Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Kickstart, Jumpstart
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Newrelic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), JIRA
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper: V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen, KVM
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, PHP, Bourne, Korn and Bash Shell scripting, Powershell
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created and managed EC2 instances utilizing various AWS services like auto-scaling groups, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), S3 and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments and infrastructure servers for Ansible.
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS CLI for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Implementing and setting up Route 53 for AWS Web Instances & ELB & Cloud Front on AWS Environment.
- Built AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used S3 for highly durable and available data, versioning and lifecycle policies.
- Used AWS Cloud Front (content delivery network) to deliver content from AWS edge locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB and S3.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Configured and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes and cookbooks to manage system configuration with in AWS environment.
- Experienced with various scripts Shell and Python for automation of various tasks.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs
- Incorporated NPM and Grunt build steps in the Jenkins workflows and removed the generated artifacts from git to ensure at build time all artifacts were being generated from the grunt builds.
- Built Automation and Build Pipe Line Development using Jenkins and Maven. Set up build pipelines in Jenkins by using various plugins like Maven plugin, EC2 plugin etc.
- Build the maven artifacts using Jenkins and Deploying into Amazon Cloud Environment by adding Monitoring Metrics to Cloud Watch and the respective Alarms.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and Yaml for resource declaration.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for various applications.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, WebLogic servers using Chef and Jenkins.
- Defined dependencies and plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Knowledge on Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios.
- Knowledge on monitoring and logging tool, SPLUNK.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with Ansible automation.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for groovy projects.
- Configure Nexus for repository management of artifacts.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
Environment: AWS, JAVA, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, ECS, Python, Maven, Ant, Jira, Confluence, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, MySQL, MSSQL, RedHat Linux, Docker, Powershell, Bash, shell, Python, Oracle DB, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic Filesystem, Relational Database Service, Dynamo DB, DMS, Virtual Private Cloud, Direct Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Identity and Access Management(IAM).
- Created and managed cloud VM's (EC2 instances) and configured monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, MongoDB SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Wrote Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior and created virtual networks to connect Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker weave .
- Experience in different migration services like AWS Server Migration Service (SMS) to migrate on-premises workloads to AWS in easier and faster way using Rehost "lift and shift" methodology and AWSDatabase Migration Service (DMS), AWS Snowball to transfer large amounts of data and Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration.
- Used AWS API Gateway to Make REST API Call to Dynamo DB.
- Implemented migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK import tools.
- Developed scripts using rally to automate and unify multi-node OpenStack deployment, cloud verification, benchmarking, and profiling.
- Worked on using Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning VMs created in Openstack and AWS cloud through Chef recipes.
- Involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and installation of WebLogic domain and JDK installations.
- Implemented systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform usingChefConfiguration management tools.
- Work on Docker to containerize the Application and all its dependencies by writing Docker-Compose files, Docker container snapshots, managing Docker volumes, and deployed DockerSwarm using Chef .
- Build applications around microservice architecture, defined through Docker Compose file and setup Docker Swarm to self-manage and deploy the Containerized applications
- Installed and configured Docker and created images of SOA environment and orchestrated the domains in a Docker container and Used Docker API to deploy and manage environments.
- Involved in building and maintaining Docker and Vagrant infrastructure in agile environment .
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Maintained Chef and Ansible servers and management application that can use ServiceNow data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines using Ruby and Python scripts.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash and configured as an ELK stack(Elasticsearch, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS ColudWatch, VPC Flow Logs, CloudTrail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Managing and optimize the Continuous Integration using Jenkins and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Configured and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web logic and UNIX servers. Analyzed the Maven Build projects for conversion.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, Powershell, Python, JSON and Perl.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Formation, Vagrant, Bamboo, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Nginx, Nagios, Docker, Mesos, Maven/ANT, PowerShell, VMWare, ServiceNow, uDeploy, Shell, Bash, GIT/ SVN, Splunk, ELK, Linux/RHEL, Windows, Python, PHP.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Site Reliability Engineer
- Launched and configured Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu/RHEL) for development, test and production environments. Responsible for the development and maintenance of Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancers.
- Launched DNS, Route 53 and AWS Elastic Load balancer (ELB) and assigned AWS SSL Certificates to Servers.
- Written Chef Recipes in Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef.
- Good understanding of Knife, unattended Node Bootstrapping process, Roles, Environments, Data Bags and their encryption using Vault etc.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Used Jenkins pipeline to provide API access to a private repo and deploy the artifact to EC2 instance. Integrated matrix Authorization Strategy plugin with Jenkins to specific permissions to Jenkins jobs.
- Created Jenkins builds and deployed to application server using udeploy for java, and .NET applications.
- Configured Jenkins master with necessary plugins and slaves to support scalability and agility and configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log to include daily changes.
- Wrote Shell and Python scripts to automate admin jobs such as monitoring the servers for resource consumption, processes running, file handling such as moving, copying and renaming files, reading data from the files etc.
- Wrote Crontab for scheduling of automatic repetitive jobs, and executing shell scripts.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Experience in successfully troubleshooting various production related outages.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Perform upgrades, patch updates to hardware, operating systems, and applications.
Environment: LINUX, Unix, Platform, AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, EC2, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, Route53, DHCP, Maven, Python, Shell.
- Installed, Configured and maintained RHEL 6.x/5.x/4, Sun Solaris, SUSE 11.x/10.x, Cent OS, Ubuntu, IBM AIX and Windows Servers.
- Involved in upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 9/10 on Sun Servers using Jumpstart and Red Hat Linux 5.x Servers using Kickstart.
- Administrated DHCP, Sendmail, SMTP, DNS, NFS, NIS and Samba network services in Linux and Configured and maintained common Linux application servers such as Apache, JBoss, WebLogic .
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Log Trace Monitoring.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments.
- Administered Bamboo servers and Jenkins which includes install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance
- Configured Bitbucket with Jenkins and scheduled jobs. Also analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for BitBucket.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Hudson/Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Managed merging, branch creation and tagging for BitBucket based code repository.
- Monitored and Linux scripts regularly, performed troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and file system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS and SMTP in the servers.
- Enabled notifications via emails and text messages for reporting the status of applications in production environment using Splunk.
- Integrated JIRA with Bitbucket and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts ; used JIRA to track issues.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR/WAR files and developed automated deployment scripts using Maven and Python to deploy war files, properties file.
- Performed Patching and upgrades (release), across Linux and Solaris servers.
- Worked on Grub, BIOS, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration .
Environment: Linux/RHEL, Ruby, Puppet, Nagios, JIRA, BitBucket, PowerShell, Bash, TFS, Python, Maven, Jenkins, Ant, YAML, Active Directory, Nagios, Perl, PHP, JBoss, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Solaris.
Linux System Administrator
- Configured, tested and troubleshoot newly built linux servers with nic card configurations, and applications that ran off TCP/IP stack.
- Expertise with IP sub-netting, VLAN s, Load Balancing, and High Availability (HA) architectures
- Worked on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Installed and configured Disk and file system management using Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ) for LINUX systems.
- Experience with Red Hat Global File System.
- Orchestrated and performed upgrade of Linux servers from 32-bit RHEL4 to 64-bit Centos
- Experience in Installation of ssl certificates , keystore certificates for websphere application and web logic application servers Firewall configuration using ip tables and worked with selinux configuration.
- Experienced in Installation of Oracle and MySQL , all facets of HP-UX/Linux Systems Administration in a large SAP/Oracle.
- Configured firewall using iptables and selinux reducing security breaches and strengthening company policies
- Good Knowledge on shell scripting languages like Bourne shell, Korn-shell and Perl.
- Monitor Red Hat Linux Systems using real-time, traffic tracking and trend analysis supporting the BFT network by using Linux System tools
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on RedHat Linux.
Environment: RedHat Linux, UNIX, selinux, VERITAS Volume Manager, SUSE Linux, MySQL, Oracle, TCP/IP stack, Perl, websphere