- Strong work experience as an DevOps (AWS)Consultant and Engineer, Build and Release Engineer and Linux/Unix/Windows Administrator and engineer.
- Experience and in - depth Knowledge in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Lambda, Terraform, SNS, Dynamo DB.
- Migration of existing systems to AWS and using the snapshot method for the EBS volumes.
- Having experienced in Agile Methodologies, Scrum stories and sprints experience in a Python based environment, along with data analytics, data wrangling and Excel data extracts and used Python scripting to solve repetitive admin tasks.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS, DB services, DynamoDB tables and EBS volumes.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and lifecycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Provisioning of EC2 instances, built via puppet, and integrated into local area offices in 5 time zones. Amazon RDS, VPC construction, Security Group policies, IAM, Route 53, CloudFormation, S3, Glacier, OpsWorks.
- Management of build farm environment and workflow management and administration using Jenkins, GIT, Artifactory, Stash, Jira, and various target build environments Windows, Linux
- Developed API for using AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS and Gitflowmethodology.
- Amazon IAM was used to maintain the user credentials and involved in creating custom IAM policies to various groups defined within the organization.
- Working Experience with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, AWS (OPS Work), OpenStack and Cloud Enablement Team by implementing Redhat Cloud forms.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet and wrote ansible scripts to maintain servers and improve reliability and performance
- Performed numerous server migrations on both Linux/Unix and Windows servers. Migrations include moving all clients and their data, configuration settings, testing and verifying everything is correct with zero downtime.
- Experienced in Monitoring tools using Splunk and New Relic.
- Published build & release for daily in QA environment. Maintained QA and solved issue of QA and maintain DB version according releases. Also published code and DB on production and staging as per business requirement.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts and extensively worked with Oracle 10g/9i, PL/SQL, SQL Server & DB2.
- Extensive experience in all monitoring service with tools of Nagios, AppDynamics, New Replica and Splunk.
Cloud: AWS (EC2, AMAZON EMR, Lambda, S3, ELB, AutoScaling, Elastic Search, Kinesis, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic File System, RDS, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, IAM, ELK,SNS, Redshift), Azure, OpenStack
Virtualization: VMware Client3.5, VSphere Client4.0
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux 4/5/6/7, Ubuntu, Solaris8/9/10, Unix, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7
Software Development Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Jenkins,Ansible
Web/Application Server: Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat Server, LDAP, JBOSS, IIS, Soap, Angular, Java
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP
DBMS /RDBMS/DW: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2012/2008, MySQL, Teradata, IBM Netezza, Cassandra.
Monitoring tools: New relic and Splunk
Version Control: SVN, CVS, Git (GitHub, GitFlow, Bit Bucket), TFS.
Languages: Terraform, XML, SHELL, PHP, RUBY, PERL, PYTHON, BASH
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, DOT net XSD, XSL, XPATH, NodeJS
- Provide oversight, standardization and validation of system and application architecture.
- Designing, implementing, and support of containerized applications, running on highly available, cloud and physical based node.
- Assisting in the integration of the Systems and Development teams into Early Warning's ongoing evolution improvement, through tighter integration and collaboration
- Designing, creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation of best practices for all implemented system configurations
- Develop the Terraform modules, machine images, system configuration, and software that hosts Terraform Enterprise in customer environments.
- Collaborating in daily stand-ups, ensuring that best practices and consistent methodologies are considered while solving high priority enterprise level IT issues.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and operating system infrastructure including patches, users, file systems and kernel parameters
- Acting as escalation point to troubleshoot application and operating system problems and suggest possible performance tuning
- Operations tools (e.g. Splunk, ELK stack, New Relic, App Dynamics, Data Dog)
- Working with database and application teams to gather requirements for new projects and expansion to existing applications
- Created multiple terraform module to create configurations,application,services automate installation process for web services.
- Working closely with other technical team members and departments to recommend solutions and resolve priority issues in timely manner
- Interacting with multiple internal customers and external vendors and partners to provide quality customer service
- Infrastructure buildout, maintenance, & automation: Collaborated with infrastructure and product engineers to maintainservers using Terraform for provisioning
- Providing mentoring, training, guidance and escalation assistance for junior level staff
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Experienced with private and public cloud environments (especially AWS), AWS services like Route 53, ELB, ADX, VPC, ElastiCache, RDS, S3 etc and AWS APIs.
- Excellent Unix/Linux server administration skills, including package management, bare metal installations, and virtualization.
- Experienced with continuous integration and version control systems - Bamboo, Jenkins, git, etc.
- Supporting always-available cloud-based applications and corporate web presence.
- Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Git version Control, Kubernetes, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS,ELK, Kinesis, GitFlow, Splunk, IAM, SQL, No SQL, ELB, JSON, Node JS, terraform, Cloud watch, Elastic Search, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, Bit Bucket, Bamboo, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, PowerShell scripting, RedHat
Confidential - Dallas,TX
- Involved in development and implementation of complicated and vast on-premises Hadoop data centre data migration project to Amazon Web Services (AWS Cloud).
- Also conducted weekly status meetings with IBM Team and Clients. Global Delivery - Leveraged across organizations, competencies and Geographies required supporting account deliverables.
- Administration, build and maintenance of the available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure by using the configuration tool Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Built a distributed data pipeline for Hadoop datacentre onto AWS using Kinesis, Lambda.
- Worked on setting up and configuring AWS’s AMAZON EMR Clusters.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Thor for versioning, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS’s Lambda, Kinesis and Elastic Search which invokes python and PowerShell scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in AMAZON EMR clusters.
- Created build and deployment plans and schedule per requirement. Attend and update risks to Chan& release
- Managed users and groups using the AWS's Identity and Access Management (IAM) and monitored Teams within the Global Delivery Center using the Global Delivery Framework methodology.
- Involved in deployment process across mobile, server, and web teams using Gitflow and CI/CD pipeline.
- Performed application server builds in EC2 environment and monitoring them using Cloud Watch.
- Creating VPC and bringing instances within based on the requirement.
- Creating public and private subnets within the VPC and attaching them to the EC2 instances based on the requirement.
- Implemented Puppet Master, Puppet Console and Puppet Agents, Create Puppet modules and Classes.
- Done scripting using Python and embedded with JSON and XML to produce HTTP GET request, parsing HTML data from websites.
- Assisted in Cloudforms for AWS/EC2 instance monitoring.
- Configured replication and high availability for Postgres and MongoDB instances.
- Built DNS system in AWS/EC2 and managed all the DNS related tasks.
- Creating snapshots and AWS Machine Images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Created, maintained and developed Jenkins and Bit bucket accounts and teams.
- Wrote Ruby methods to provision services such as SaaS, PaaS from CloudForms to OpenStack.
- Utilized EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Created Docker images from scratch and customized and modified base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repo for development teams.
- Developed RESTful Web services client to consume JSON messages using Spring JMS configuration. Developed the message listener code
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet. Familiar with build server orchestration.
- Worked on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience in working with Modules, Classes, and Manifests in Puppet and used AWS Cloud Front (content delivery network) to deliver content from AWS edge locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Deployed Docker images on Kubernetesand configured AWS enterprise maintaining the security standards.
- Executed Python scripts to parse JSON documents and load the data in database.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Git version Control, Kubernetes, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, Kinesis, ELK,GitFlow, New Relic, Splunk,IAM, SQL, No SQL, ELB, JSON, Node JS, Cloud watch, Elastic Search, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, Bit Bucket, Bamboo, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, IBM Global Delivery, PowerShell scripting, Cucumber, RedHat.
Confidential - Phoenix, AZ
- As member of DevOps group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS, Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Deployment management skills for deployment and environment management architecture and process creation. Use Devops tool Chef, Puppet and Ansible in provisioning AWS machines.
- Responsible in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- In-depth knowledge of Jenkins/Hudson Continuous Integration Server, Installation, Configuration, Design & Administration, Expertise in Automation, Release Management & Dashboard Configuration.
- Expertise in Team Foundation Server (TFS) … & 2008 Administration Included Project Administration, Users, Groups, Permissions and Security management, Notification and Trigger, Data Tier, Proxy.
- Worked on weekly merges for different branches and resolving the conflicts as part of release activities
- Assist developers in integrating their code with the main stream installed CloudForms to command and control virtual servers.
- Used Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Experience on Devops tools such as GIT, SVN, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant, and virtual box.
- Proficient in computerization utilizing Python, Ruby and UNIX Shell/bash scripting.
- Experienced in working on Devops /Agile operation process (Code review, unit test automation, Build& Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management) including various tools.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like Subversion, GIT, clear case to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Familiar with Atlassian tool stack such as Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket and confluence.
- Strong experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading Patches, Configuration,
- Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Worked with GIT and Subversion to manage source code.
- Maintained the various project repositories using the GitHub and GIT.
- Shell scripting for building and deploying java application to target environments
- Coordinated with different teams before and after the production deployments
- 24/7 on call supports for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests
Environment: Java/J2EE Ant, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven,Python, RedHat,AWS, GitFlow, Angular JS, JBoss, Subversion, PowerShell, JIRA, Chef, Ant, Maven, Splunk, Shell, Bash, Unix, Rally, HP QC Connector.
- Configured NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, and disk space management on Linux/Unix servers.
- Installing and configuring Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX using kick start, Jumpstart, Ignite and NIM.
- Worked on Datacenter Migration Project. Migrated Linux/Unix Servers from one data center to other data center with minimal downtime.
- Bringing new servers into the centralized System.
- Involved in installation, configuration and administration of Apache Web server, BEA Web Logic and IBM Web sphere and Samba Server in UNIX, Linux and Windows environment.
- Experienced in installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Linux.
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery(CI/CD) product in an open source environment using Chef and Jenkins.
- Extensive use of volume management tool using Logical Volume Manager to create disk groups.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of High Availability using RedHat cluster and Veritas Cluster Servers for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Worked on a project for the Linux system using CloudForms to allow developers to spin up instances for development without giving them too much control.
- Setting up and introducing Continuous Deployment processes and advising on best practice.
- Manage Devops and Infrastructure Teams supporting tools and infrastructure for 100+ developers on 3-5 concurrent releases.
- Manage implementation of the company's first repeatable, traceable, documented, and packaged product ensuring quality upon delivery.
- Implement the first release tracking and reporting providing full visibility into software releases.
- Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins, and Puppet.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Tied together disparate pieces to build a fully automated bare-metal to production server build system.
- Verify successful completion of daily incremental and database backups, following developed procedures.
- Installation, maintenance, administration and troubleshooting of Sun Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux.
- Set up Linux servers for iSCSI LUN boot instead of using local hard disk.
- Configured Sun servers M4000 and M5000 for operational readiness upon OS installation.
- Set up Linux servers for LAMP implementations and readiness.
- Created file systems from local storage as well as NFS partitions for application portability.
- Architected Sun servers into different domains based on application demands.
- Applied patches and packages on Linux servers using RPM Red Hat Package Manager and YUM tools.
- Ensured automatic startup of different services by using chkconfig.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache, MySQL and PHP products on the Linux servers.
Environment: RHEL4,5,6, Solaris 8,9,10, HP-UX 11.x, AIX 5.2, PowerShell, Windows 2000,2008, Sun Enterprise E /420 R/250, M4K, M5K,M9K, T2K,T5K servers, HP Proliant-DL 360 G7, DL 380 G6, DL 380 G7, DL 580, IBM RS/6000, IBM Power 570, p5 505 Express servers, Python, UNIX, Etc.