- Around 6 years of Experience in AWS Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Build and Release Engineer.
- Experience on AWS cloud platform and its features including EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Autoscaling, CloudFront, IAM, AMI, S3, SES, SQS, SNS, Glacier, SMS, Ops Works and Route53.
- Expertise in creating IAM roles to delegate access to users or services to certain AWS resources.
- Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2 and created detailed AWS Security groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instance for backup and creating clone instances.
- Deploying Applications in Elastic Beanstalk and Orchestration of numerous services using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Good knowledge in implementing PaaS Environment (Using Elastic Bean stalk) and Infra structure as a Code Service using Cloud Formation.
- Created and configured the CI/CD pipeline for deploying Micro - Services and Lambda functions using Jenkins.
- Used Nexus to set up several Docker registries, using local, remote and virtual Docker repositories.
- Created Micro services using AWS Lambda and API Gateway using REST API
- Involved in writing Docker files to build the micro-service applications. Integrated Docker with AWS ECS instance based servers.
- Expertise in using Jenkins in AWS to automate build, testing and integration of source code.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Experience with deploying applications to the cloud using technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Nginx and Docker.
- Deployed and Monitored Scalable Infrastructure on AWS using Configuration Management Ansible.
- Experience in Scripting languages like Shell Scripts, Python for automating tasks.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN).
- Expertise in deploying applications on to Application servers such as Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere.
- Used FTP and SFTP to transfer files from one system to another.
- Experienced in working on various methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile) of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) process which includes analysis, design, development, implementation, integration, debugging, testing, deploying in production and maintenance.
- Actively involved in Production support as a team member and good Interaction with the End Users.
- High development skills and ability to meet project delivery deadlines.
Cloud Platform:: Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Operating System:: Linux, Windows.
Web Technologies:: HTML5, XHTML, DHTML, CSS3
Versioning Tools:: GIT, Subversion (SVN).
Web/App Server:: Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, Nginx.
Repository Management:: Nexus, Artifactory, GitHub.
CI & CD Tools:: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
Virtualization Tool:: VMware.
Methodology: : Agile and Waterfall.
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Expertise in IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Configure AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling, and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Understanding of secure cloud configuration, (Cloud Trail, AWS Configuration), cloud-security Technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Created alarms and trigger points in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Configuration/tuning/upgrading and managing Web servers Apache, IBM HTTP, Nginx in heterogeneous environments.
- Utilized AWS cloud watch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Managed On-Site Applications, Services, Packages & EC2, S3, ELB in AWS by writing Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Responsible for maintaining Jenkins CI/CD pipelines on AWS.
- Managing the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Experience with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, EBS, RDS, ELB, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling), Ansible, Chef, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Kubernetes, Shell scripting.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Implemented & Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Used Ant and Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build Artifacts on the source code.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet Modules.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard & Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented & maintained branching & build/release strategies utilizing SVN/GIT and given project support
- Create, Manage and Configure EC2 instances, AMIs and Elastic Bean template
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Scheduled the Linux Cron jobs and Jenkins jobs for build automation.
- Spinning up AWS resources by using terraform.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Deployed the java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Experience in writing Maven pom.xml and Ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups.
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Prepared Junit test cases and executed server configurations.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
- Experience on monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk.
- Debugging Puppet manifests and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Documented all the touch points to user facing system (Automation, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, AWS) and defined testing and release processes for each.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Puppet, Nexus, AWS, EC2, Jira, Python, Nagios, Splunk.
Build and Release Engineer
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Designing a process for pro-automation using Jenkins in all the application environments, and making sure it follows all the standard procedures of the Application SECDM or SDLC.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Responsible for installing and configuring Jenkins master and slave nodes for windows and Linux.
- Used Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins. various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Configured SVN and Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option
- Worked on version control system Subversion(SVN) by using source code management client tools such as Tortoise SVN and other command line applications
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand the code/configuration release scope and to confirm that a release was successful.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and GIT.
- Deployed Chef Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Chef and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Web sphere, creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
- Coordinate with Oracle DBA to tune performance of DB instances.
- Monitoring applications health through dashboard. Maintained Nexus administration tasks.
- Monitored System performance using Nagios.
- Deployed the applications to WebLogic Application Server and static content to Apache Web servers
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, Ant, SCM, SVN, GIT, Linux, Apache web server, Chef, Ruby, Centos, Nagios, Shell Script.
AWS Cloud Administrator
- Designed and deployed applications utilizing EC2, Route 53, S3, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS etc.
- Increased EBS backed volume storage capacity when the root volume is full using AWS EBS volume feature
- Created AWS Route 53 to route traffic between different regions
- Worked with GitHub private repositories
- Created S3 backups using versioning enable and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose
- Used Chef for configuration management
- Used GZIP with AWS Cloudfront to forward compressed files to destination node/instances.
- Created users and groups using IAM and assigned individual policies to each group.
- Created SNS notifications and assigned ARN to S3 for object loss notifications.
- Configured Security group for EC2 window and Linux instances.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Cloud Watch.
- Used Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using python.
- Good Understanding of ELB, security groups, NAT, firewall and Route 53.
Environment: AWS EC2, VMWare, Windows, Oracle, Cloud Watch, Cloud formation, GIT, CHEF, Linux, Jenkins, Data Center Migration AWS