- Certified AWS SysOps Administrator with 7 + years’ experience as DevOps/ Build and Release Engineering in managing between Operations & Development and automating, building, deploying & delivering code to customers
- Deft at Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes & best practices with Configuration Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Release Management & Cloud Implementations using;
- Linux knowledge with exposure in Bash, Perl, Python scripting on Linux to automate tasks such as Jenkins
- Configuration Management Tools like Puppet/ Chef with Cloud Platforms like OpenStack & AWS
- Continuous Integration (CI) concepts implantation using Hudson, Bamboo, Jenkins & AnthillPro
- Implement Docker based Continues Integration and Continues Deployment framework
- AWS Cloud Platform & Features like EC2 AMI, VPC, EBS Cloud watch, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto - scaling, CloudFront, IAM, AWS S3, and R53
- Build Automation tools like Maven, ANT, Gradle & Build Utilities like ANT to build MS Build Makefile, jar, war & ear files; configure & maintain build & deployments for continuous integration and end-to-end automation
- Develop Puppet Modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters
- Write Chef Recipes to automate build/deployment; Chef server & workstation to manage & configure nodes
- Database Technology such as SQL, PLSQL, MySQL including NoSQL databases
- Source Control tools like GIT, Perforce on UNIX & Windows environments
- Versioning tools like Subversion & Git for migration on SVN repositories to GIT & integrated Eclipse IDE
- Bug Tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla & Remedy
- Virtualization Technologies like VMware, Vagrant, Virtual box
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, Implementing along with the post-production analysis of the projects
- Implemented Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups
- Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Set-up Baselines, Branching, Merging & Automation using Shell & Batch Scripts and write configuration specs
- Monitor System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Production issues
- Created alarms & triggers in CloudWatch on thresholds; monitored server performance, and CPU & disk usage
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation AWS Config, S3, Autoscaling, Cloud Trail, Lambda, VMWare, Virtualization (VM Management), Virtual Box, Docker
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, Perforce, RTC, GIT, Source Tree
Languages: C, Java, XML, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle DB2
Application Servers: Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, NGNIX, JBoss
Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, OpenStack Build Forge, Nagios, Docker, Splunk
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Ubuntu, UNIX, Windows AIX
Network Protocols: FTP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct
- Automated the Cloud deployments using Chef, Python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud formation templates
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chefserver
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef & AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks; written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds, and handled overall process improvement to any manual processes
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Nginx as a web server.
- Worked on Build Management tools like Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls
- Developed the user interfaces with JSP, HTML, CSS, JQuery and resolved page rendering performance issues
- Worked with Cloud-based services and virtualization technologies like Rackspace Web Services & OpenStack; worked on guidelines for development & implementation into Cloud compute VMs (OpenStack)
- Implemented web application using spring (IOC, AOP & spring templates) frameworks
- Integrated automated build with deployment pipeline; installed Chef Server & clients to pick up Build from Jenkins repository and utilized WAR & JAR files to deploy enterprise apps on to QA, UAT and Production environments
- Worked with Cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC with CloudSigma (EU) & GFS storage
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers; re-used & modified Chef Recipes to create deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal; written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Virtualized servers using Docker for test & dev-environments; configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Build artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances and were integrated using the Perl & Shell scripts.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of source code for disaster recovery using Bitbucket & Git
- Prepared JUnit test cases & executed server configurations; used Anthill pro as Continuous Integration server
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management
Environment : Docker, Chef, AWS, S3, Auto scaling, EBS, RDS, Cloud sigma, SVN, ANT, Jenkins, LAMP, Anthill Pro, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Perl, Nexus, AWS, Ec2, Junit, Python.
- Configured Puppet to perform automated deployments, and User Management & Plugin Management for Puppet.
- Installed & configured an automated tool Puppet that included installation & configuration of Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Developed & maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Created new elements in VOB's. modified ANT scripts to build JAR's, Class files, WAR & EAR files from VOB's.
- Worked with cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC with Cloud Sigma (EU) and GFS storage
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch.
- Designed & created deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development.
- Written shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python & PowerShell to setup baselines, branching, merging, & automation across environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash & TFS on Linux and windows platforms
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing
- Integrated user facing elements with server side logic using Node JS and implemented RESTful service using Express JS with Node JS
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI to configure auto scaling groups and implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDb, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups
- Carried deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool
- Supported HA services and administrated MySQL, Amazon EC2.
- Provided assistance for interaction with backend and NoSQL databases.
- Installed Build Forge and performed troubleshooting during installation.
- Worked for Puppet and AWS automation. Created puppet manifests & modules to automate system operations.
- Responsible for User Management and Group Management in Build Forge.
Environment: Clear Case, ANT, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Build Forge, Jenkins, Bash, Puppet, AWS, MySQL, NoSQL
Build & Release Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- Participated in release cycle of product which involves environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Involved in the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of .com project.
- Performed biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Used Ant Scripts to automate the build process and used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment process.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed. Implemented Cloud Services AWS.
- Deployed application modules to WAS based clusters via ND admin console.
- Created deployment request tickets in Bugzilla for the deploying the code to Production.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Evaluated system performance & validated NoSQL solutions and suggested upgrades & technologies for the same
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Coordinated with Developers, Business Analyst & Managers to ensure code is deployed in production environment
Environment: ANT, WebSphere, Perl/Shell Scripts, Oracle, UNIX, Bugzilla, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, AWS, NoSQL
System Admin / SCM / Build and Release Engineer
- Installed, configured & administered BEA WebLogic Application Server on SUN Solaris and Windows environment.
- Maintained BEA WebLogic Application Server on different UNIX platforms and have setup development, testing, staging and production environments for the ongoing application development.
- Installed Weblogic servers, configured domains for deploying retail applications.
- Worked on Daily Builds using Shell Script & Ant Script to extract code from Version Control.
- Deployed applications (Service Center) on multiple Weblogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
- Created the connection pools, various data sources, JMS connection Factories, Queues and topics.
- Configured Execute Threads, Connection Pools & JMS Bridges for different components of retailed applications.
- Configured BEA Weblogic 9.2 on a single Server and cluster environment.
- Managed and Monitored JVM performance by Web logic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- Deployed WARs, EARs using WebLogic Admin Console as well as running scripts.
- Provided WLST (Jython script) and configuring various WebLogic components/services via Jython script.
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING Builds and Releases.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar); developed build and deployment scripts using ANT & MAVEN in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Enforced automation in build and deployment procedures, executed code builds and deployment activities.
- Deployed built artifacts to Websphere application server using maven and python scripts
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) Repositories.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Tortoise SVN.
Environment: Weblogic 9.2, JBOSS, iPlanet4.1, Sun One6.1, Sun Solaris, Windows (95, 98, NT, 2000, XP), Wily Interscope, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i, Subversion, Oracle Weblogic, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Perl Script, Bash Shell Scripting