- Around 7+ years of extensive experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying instances on cloud environments and Data Centers and mostly involved in the areas of Linux/Windows Administration, Build and Release Management, AWS/Azure, CI/CD pipeline.
- Worked on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies with a thorough knowledge of each phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Expertise in server infrastructure development and running web - scale services on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Open Stack.
- Proficient in strategy and practical implementation of AWS cloud-specific services which include EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, VPC, ELB, EMR, ECS, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudFront, CloudFormation, ElastiCache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, DynamoDB and managing security groups on AWS.
- Experience with installation of AWS CLI (command line interface) to control various AWS services through SHELL scripting.
- Experienced in creating AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Experience in Azure Cloud Services (IaaS& PaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online(VSO), Cognitive Services(LUIS) and SQL Azure.
- Experience in designing Azure Cloud Models for establishing secure and cross-premise connectivity with Azure VPN gateway and Content Delivery Network.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise-grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Good knowledge on GCP where setting up the firewall rules to allow and deny traffic to and from VM’S instances.
- Expertise in deep development/enhancement of Open Stack components Cinder, Swift, Image, Horizon & Identity and Billing (Ceilometer).
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating f images and handling multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm, Weave and compose for various applications and Micro Services.
- Implemented a Docker delivery pipeline allowing for CI/CD of Java tomcat web service containers.
- Good knowledge in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Experience in using Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes and used knife commands for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Responsible for building application full automation pipeline for deployment into AWS using Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef and Terraform.
- Experience in installing and configuring the Ansible management node to deploy configuration to the end user nodes.
- Experience in writing playbooks using YAML scripts on Ansible and used it for configuration management and orchestration of IT environments and used Ansible for deploying or updating the web application servers code data.
- Experience in setting up CRON jobs on production servers by using Jenkins.
- Created an automated application-testing framework for the CD pipeline leveraging Robot Framework integrated with Jenkins & Selenium that increased testing cycles.
- Experienced in writing Puppet modules for installation and configuration of various deployments on third-party applications and knowledge on Vagrant.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Expert in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT and used source code management client tools like Git Bash, Git Hub, BitBucket and other command line applications etc.
- Mastered in installing, configuring and managed monitoring tools like Splunk, Nagios, Dynatrace, Data dog, App dynamics, ELK for resource monitoring, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Good Knowledge in managing Sonatype Nexus/Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Working Knowledge with Version Control tools such as Subversion/Git Branching, Merging Strategies, migrating projects from Subversion repositories to GitHub Enterprise repositories through Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Sound knowledge in using bug tracking and ticketing tools like JIRA, Remedy, Bugzilla and IBM Clear Quest.
- Hands on experience on Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, My SQL, NO SQL (Cassandra and SQL server).
- Worked on Red Hat Open Shift to improve application security by putting admin consoles on different Docker containers accessible only from unusual port numbers.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mixed environment of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS) servers and Windows along with Amazon Web Services.
- Great exposure to build object-oriented applications using C, Java, XML and proficient in writing build related scripts like Shell, Perl, Ruby, and Python on Linux to automate deployments.
- Experienced in Configuring Servers to provide Networking Services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SSH, DNS, and LDAP.
- Hands on experience in configuring and maintaining the Web servers like Apache Tomcat and App servers like Web Logic, Web Sphere, and JBoss.
- Worked on various Virtualization technologies like VMware ESXi 5.5, Hyper-V & Oracle Virtual Box.
- Good communication skills, Excellent Customer handling capabilities and a very good team player.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Cloud Environments: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Open Stack
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, BIT Bucket, TFS
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Sumo Logic, Grafana
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Power shell, Bash
Web Servers: Web Sphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, Mac, Debian
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, Mongo DB, Postgre SQL
Networking: HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SNMP, SFTP
Testing Tools: Junit, Selenium
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
Sr. DevOps AWS Engineer
- Involved in Infrastructure Development and Operations using AWS Cloud platforms EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation and template, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS, and SQS.
- Experience in launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 instances and launch the new instances with the same configuration by using AMI (Amazon Machine Images).
- Created functions in AWS Lambda in different scripting languages like Python, C#, JSON, Node.JS, JAVA, and used java to perform event-driven processing.
- Implemented data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift, worked on various projects to migrate data from the database to AWS Redshift, RDS and used S3 to store the backups.
- Written S3 bucket policies in JSON format and assign the policies so that who can access the files for long-term storage and archive files.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Worked on Blue/green deployment strategy by using CloudFormation templates & Route53 weighted record sets to redirect traffic from the old environment to the new environment via DNS.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS, Aurora DB cluster .
- Managed and created the AWS AMI's by using HashiCorp Packer.
- Set up Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana for multiple clusters, helping other teams quickly access new job logs.
- Wrote Python scripts with Cloud Formation templates to automate installation of auto scaling, EC2, VPC and other Service.
- Ability to implement and deploy Azure offerings including both the IAAS and PAAS offering.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN) optimization and intrusion detections.
- Configured Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for Azure Resources and worked in setting up Hybrid connections between Azure web pass and on-premise SQL databases.
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins.
- Provisioned and configured AWS EC2 instances for TEST & QA environments on-demand and experienced with spin-off instances via AWS Management console and Jenkins EC2 Plug-in.
- Used Docker to be containerized Microservices in the cloud and managed clusters using kubernetes.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, creating Docker Images, primarily for middleware installations and domain Configurations.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes.
- Working on Docker-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts using kubernetes.
- Used Ansible Tower for scheduling playbooks and used GIT repository to store our playbooks.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes.
- Developed and support the continuous deployment jobs to deploy the Java applications to different environments like Dev/Int/QA/Beta/Prod by writing scripts in tools like Ansible, Terraform, Redeploy and other similar deployment tools.
- Created CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Bamboo to deploy containerized applications using Docker in the AWS cloud for dynamic scaling.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plug-in management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Managing and administering multiple instances of Bitbucket, including the build server infrastructure and operating environment for Linux.
- Developed server-side scripts to customize Bitbucket and to tie in with other tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Maven, and Bamboo.
- Managed artifacts generated by Jenkins & configured jobs with the Maven for various deployments of JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications in the agile environment.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins & Build Forge.
- Worked with Build force and Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Apache Tomcat Server.
- Managed AWS Code Commit source control service for hosting private GIT Repositories using GIT Bash.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Subversion administration for taking the builds using Chef Management.
- Created Snippets using Atlassian Bitbucket that allows developers to share code segments.
- Created and wrote shell scripts Bash, Ruby, Python and Power Shell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes in Red Hat, Linux platforms.
- Created SonarQube reporting dashboard to run the analysis for every project.
- Getting the list of issues from the components (project, module, file etc.) with the help of SonarQube .
- Maintained the Team Foundation Server (TFS2015) source code repository.
- Develop and lead the engineer of a log analysis platform consisting of Splunk and Elastic Search, Log Stash, Kibana (ELK) stack to process a large amount of data.
- Deploying the code on web application servers like Web Sphere, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS and Built micro-services using API gateway.
- Developed RESTful/SOAP web services in Mule ESB based on SOA architecture.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring successful completion of tasks in a sprint.
- Worked with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring, and administering VMware ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.5 environments.
Environment: AWS, Azure, Docker, Docker Hub, Docker Swam, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, Scripting, Red Hat Linux, GIT, GIT HUB, SonarQube, Splunk, Web Servers, JIRA.
Confidential, Austin, Texas
- Building and configuring of EC2 instance on AWS cloud platform, Configuration of Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) for traffic control for the EC2 and S3 instances.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with java, PHP, node.js, python, ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Monitoring resources and Applications using AWS Cloud Watch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS , EC2 , ELB , RDS , S3 and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Utilized Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also, managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure and created a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Virtual Machines instances using Puppet Configuration Management. Used puppet DSL for creating puppet manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Managed the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers and used the Chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring.
- Developed Chef Recipes using Ruby Script through Knife command-line tool to create Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration. Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/security fix on Chef Server.
- Configured Splunk Searching and Reporting modules, Knowledge Objects, Administration, Regex, Dashboards, Clustering and Forwarder Management.
- Configured Splunk and Integrated Splunk with Active Directory and LDAP authentication.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of an automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Built Docker images, created build and deployment configurations to deploy applications on Open Shift.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to do an automated recovery process upon the failure of Open Shift Master.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments.
- Automated most of the build related tasks using Jenkins. Build scripts in Groovy for setting up the CI/CD Pipeline. continuously evaluated and recommended improvement to CI/CD processes.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build.
- Built large environments using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet.
- Converted build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Maven.
- Used MAVEN dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release Artifactory to Nexus to share Artifactory across projects and environments.
- Build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and automated the process using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and used GIT as Source code repository.
- Involved in working with Maven as a build tool to build the WAR, JAR, EAR package, deploy them into the application server, production and QA servers.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in the shell for Maven builds.
- Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation, terraform templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker setup in Vagrant, AWS and Amazon VPCs.
- Writing JSON templates for Cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GITHUB (subversion control).
- Installed, configured, modified, tested & deployed applications on Apache Web server & Tomcat, JBoss app servers.
- Worked on installation and Configuration of Red Hat Linux OS, CentOS, Ubuntu.
Environment: AWS, AZURE, Chef, Chef Cookbooks, Splunk, Nagios, Open Shift, Knife command line, Ruby/Bash Scripts, Puppet, Maven, CI/CD Pipeline, Vagrant, GIT HUB, Web Servers, OS.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Developed Open Stack infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud-hosted applications and used Ansible for continuous integrations.
- Configure and build Open Stack Havana, Icehouse using Ansible and Puppet Scripts.
- Developed new Modules and Manifests files for installation of OS and custom wrote software packages using puppet and leveraged HI era to create various re-usable puppet modules.
- Chef and Puppet pilot project was implemented initially for operations delivery on open source projects with Apache and JBoss.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring the collection of metrics and monitoring.
- Puppet manifests are tested initially before puppet agent using Puppet apply and testing using beaker.
- Installed and Configured foreman with a puppet, Salt Stack for auto-provisioning the Linux machines in and VM ware environment.
- Chef Recipes were developed using Ruby Script through Knife command-line tool to create Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Installed Chef-Server enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation, bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife and worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise.
- Setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node and converging in Chef.
- Managed and configured Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure and application deployments - checking out code from SVN and use ant/maven to build war/ear artifacts.
- Automated Maven and ANT build by integrating them with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Installed and administrated GIT Source code tools and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the Branching strategies for GIT. Experienced in GIT forks, tagging, handling merge requests and notifications.
- Performed code repository management, code merge and quality checks with various tools, especially git, GitHub.
- Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduled jobs using Ansible tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Create Python script to automatically parse data from logs and PCAP to be feed into ELK.
- Initiated the process of deployment for automation to Web Sphere servers by developing Python scripts.
- Configuring and monitoring all servers using Nagios, Splunk monitor tool.
- Extracted the data from MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server using Sqoop and loaded data into Cassandra.
- Python scripts were written for pushing data from Dynamo DB to MySQL Database.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, ISCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, H/W and S/W RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools like Nagios.
Environment: Open Stack, Puppet, Apache, JBoss, Chef, ANT/MAVEN, GIT, SVN, Python, Jenkins, Nagios, Splunk, Ruby, Python Scripting.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked in creating Web Sphere Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT, and Production.
- Used Maven Nexus Repository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build.
- Used Maven to perform daily and weekly Software build.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release.
- Used Oracle to connect to various databases and to check for the invalid objects after and before each release.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, and Waterfall models.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views and the access control strategies for different parallel development teams.
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins and Hudson for Continuous Integration, and also documented the process.
- Designed and developed build Korn shell and Perl scripts.
- Written Perl/Shell scripts for deployments to Web Sphere and Web Logic application servers.
- Developed Perl and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Documented the SCM process and policies of the company and recommended some process changes.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Deploying Java Enterprise applications to Apache Web Server, JBoss Application server.
Environment: ANT/MAVEN, Nexus, SDLC, Oracle, Jenkins, Hudson, CVS, Perl/Shell, Power Shell, Java/J2EE.
- The configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals, and devices carried out.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Send mail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Installed and Configured Send Mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVM’s on SAN using Linux utilities.
- Experienced in internetworking using TCP/IP and resolving network connectivity using tools like dig, nslookup, ping.
- Responsible for installation (using Kickstart), the configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x at other data center over the network.
- Administered and maintained Red Hat 4.x/5.x, troubleshoot hardware, operating system, applications & network problems, and performance issues.
- Scripting done in administrative and management tasks using the shell, Bash, Python for automated administrative jobs and experience on Bourne, Ruby, Perl, and C-shell.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Tomcat and Oracle Web logic 10.3 application servers including installation, configuration, and management and troubleshooting.
- Strong experience in VM environments like XEN, KVM, Oracle Virtual Box and VM Ware 5.0.
Environment: Linux, Unix, SAN, TCP/IP, Web Logic, HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Ruby Perl, JBoss, Oracle, Red Hat.
- Experience with installation, configuration, upgrade and administration of IBM Pseries and Power5/Power6 servers on various levels of AIX operating system utilizing environment.
- Systems Administrator responsible for centralized Administration / Maintenance of Linux servers.
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.x and SUSE 10.x. Managing and securing user account, files, directory using associated commands.
- Implementing TCP/IP core networking services using Windows Server 2008, DHCP, and DNS.
- Created and maintain build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, written scripts for environment changes in Bash and Perl for WebSphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- These scripts provided the following functionality application startup and shutdown, monitoring systems and applications health, and website management Installation, Management, Configuration of LAN/WAN systems utilizing Cisco switches and routers.
- Implemented network technologies such as installation and configuration of routed protocols viz. IP and routing protocols namely EIGRP, OSPF and WAN technologies like Leased Line on CISCO routers.
- Supported development team to resolve build failures related to environments, tools, and scripts.
- Experiences updating Java JDK in all Linux, Solaris and Windows machines.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment. Worked with Apache and developed several UNIX scripts to automate web tasks.
- Worked with IT operational readiness team to design and implement build and release scripts using UNIX.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python.
Environment Tools: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Red Hat Server, WSUS, JAVA, JDK, UNIX, Python, Web Sphere.