- Over 8+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer - SDET, extensively worked on Manual, Automation, DevOps Testing of Web Client Server, Cloud(AWS), Mobile, API,Webservices applications
- Excellent knowledge and implementation skills in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Hands on experience in developing Appium scripts using Java for mobile applications and Used Perfecto mobile.
- Experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script, Postman and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts for Regression testing using POM framework with Java, SeleniumWebDriver and TESTNG.
- Used Appium tool to test automation test scripts on both IOS and Android platforms for native and mobile websites on mobile devices.
- Proficient in the Web Debugging Tools like Firebug,Fire path and Xpath to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, NUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in doing performance testing of service using qaeter, HP Load Runner.
- Developed an automated scripts and frame works using Java, C#, Groovy Script, VB Script.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like HP ALM/Quality Center, Taiga, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Expertise in performing Android Emulators & IOS Simulators for Mobile Automation Testing using Appium for Native, Hybrid and Web Based mobile applications.
- Experienced in Data Migration using Apex Data Loader, and Third Party ETL tools like MS-SSIS, Informatic.
- Exposure to Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, and Bamboo.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Defect Tracking Tools like Quality Center, Bug Zilla and JIRA.
- Experienced in developing VB scripts in Quick Test Pro (QTP/UFT) to perform Functional, Regression, System and end-to-end testing.
- Developed function libraries, shared repository, Descriptive programming, Recovery scenarios using QTP.
- Worked in building automation scripts and frameworks using Selenium Web driver with Java.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Comfortable in building and configuring maven and Jenkins.
- Experienced in Mobile Automation Testing on IOS platforms using Iphone&Ipad Devices with Automation tools with Keep It Functional KIF and Appium.
- Experience in the development of TestNG framework in Selenium.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with MySQL, SQuirrel SQL, Postgres, and Oracle.
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS, Git and Bitbucket.
- Experienced in using Selenium automation frameworks like Hybrid, Data-driven, Keyword frameworks and POM.
- Experience in unit testing, functional testing, Regression Testing, user acceptance testing(UAT), integration testing, system testing, performance testing, White Box Testing, Black Box testing, sanity testing, exception testing, API Testing, Cross browser testing, compatibility testing & security testing.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases , Test Scenarios , and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development),TDD (Test Driven Development ) using Cucumber.
- Conversant using Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, QTP, JMeter, HP load Runner, SOAP, Gatling, Postman, Protractor, Manual Testing, Appium (Android & iOS Testing).
Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, ATDD, BDD, Hybrid Testing, Cucumber, Jasmine, Gherkin, TestNG, Junit, NUnit, log4j.
Build &Integration tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson.
Programming Languages: Java, C#, .Net.
Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, PhantomJS.
Operating System: Windows Variants, Unix, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android.
Database tools: MySQL, SQuirrel SQL, Postgres, Oracle.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, Jira, Confluence, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, JSON, Xpath, XCode, XSD, XSL, XSLT, JSP, AJAX, CSS
MS Office Tools: MS Project, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Word
Other Utilities: Eclipse, Webstrom, Notepad++, Microsoft Visual Studio, IntelliJ, SQL, GIT, SVN, Bitbucket, TFS, Sauce Labs.
Types of testing: Manual Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Functional Testing, Performance, Smoke, Sanity, API and Unit testing.
Confidential, New York
Sr.SDET Engineer/ QA Engineer
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation, collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven.
- Automated web services using REST API and Java.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using SeleniumWebDriver, TestNG,Maven and Java.
- Using Jasmine and karma test runner extensively for unit testing for end-to-end testing
- Proficient in handling SOAP and REST calls using Java.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS.
- Developed automation framework from scratch using Java, TestNG, Maven and POM.
- Automating the Test Scripts are planned, prepared and upgraded using HP Quality Center.
- Maintained the Selenium and JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like Git over the time for improvements and new features.
- Extensive experience in using Jmeter for web services performance testing in AWS cloud environment.
- Verified the data in database through SQL statements and executed stored procedures and triggers.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job .
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and Developers.
- Created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven, Key-word Driven framework.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include SOAP and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files.
- Tested on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Performed Data-driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in testing of services using SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script.
- Developed BDD Automation Framework using Cucumber tool and developed Feature files which includes Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Performed and executed test suite automation scripts using Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Automated Mobile application by using Appium
- Logged the errors, reported defects, and tracked the defects using JIRA until resolution
- Logged and managed defects using HP ALM Quality Center defect management tool.
- Responsible for implementing LoadRunner, Performance center, JMeter based infrastructure including Architecting the load testing infrastructure, hardware & software integration with LoadRunner.
- Wrote automated scripts for angular JS application using Selenium web driver and Java.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to run automation script in stable condition.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, white box testing, Integration, System, Regression tests based on analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Grid, SQL Server, Git, Oracle, SOA testing, JAVA, Gherkin, Agile, Groovy Scripting, DOM, Cucumber, JMeter, HP ALM Quality Center, BDD, Appium, End to End Testing, Protractor, HP Load Runner, Jenkins, UAT, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Regression Testing, Maven, Apache POI, Eclipse, XCode, TestNG.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. SDET Engineer/Mobile Test Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of Testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodologies.
- Used Cucumber , Appium , Xcode for Native Mobile Application automation testing for iOS and Android platform.
- Used JIRA as a bug tracking, issue tracking and project management software.
- Involved in automating Android and iOS mobile app testing using Appium.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android ) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts using Appium.
- Tested application using different iOS and Android mobile devices and Android Virtual Device installations.
- Used Appium Emulators and Simulators for testing the application in Mobiles.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Expert in creating, maintaining and executing automated test scripts using Selenium IDE , Web driver and Selenium Grid on cross browsers.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Cucumber (BDD/ATDD.)
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive testing, Integration testing , testing manually on the first release of the application.
- Experienced with web services testing using SOAPUI tool. Testing the API's as well as validate the data returned thru web services responses.
- Knowledge of XML, Schema, WSDL, XPATH, Groovy scripting.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture using SoapUI Pro tool to test web services.
- Automated UI test cases by using Selenium, XPath , integrated with Java.
- Analyze business requirements, Software requirement specifications to create test plan and test cases for manual and automation testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the Scripts on different browsers.
- Implemented Selenium Grid to run Regression Tests on multiple nodes and browsers.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java.
- Experience in using the Test management and Defect Tracking tools like HP Quality center , Application Lifecycle Management , Rally, Jira.
- Worked on Database/Backend testing and validated the data by writing SQL Queries and experience in working on Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Designing and developing test strategy, test plan, test cases and generating test reports and defect reports.
- Extensive experience in using JUnit framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, and worked with Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration .
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Validated the XML files by using Altona XML spy and against XSDs which are posted in the JMS topic.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Core Java and Object-Oriented Programming(OOP).
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using HP ALM and followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment : Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, Maven, Grid, Mysql, Cucumber, Webservices, JSON, JAVA, J2EE, Gherkin, Groovy Scripting, DOM, Test Plans, Git, HP ALM Quality Center, Protractor, JMeter, Jenkins, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Shell Scripting, XCode, Agile Methodology, iOS, Windows, Linux, Unix.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver , Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and Junit framework.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Perform testing of complex policy rating algorithms , batch jobs and business rules.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Utilized various test tools for automation of test cases Generate test reports and performed extensive Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Performed Back-End Testing , database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
Environments: Selenium WebDriver, Java, SOAP UI, JMeter, Ant, Junit, Quality Center, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, agile, GIT, SQL, Android, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia.
Automation Tester .
- Analyzed the business requirements, functional specifications and designed appropriate use cases, test plans and test strategy.
- Configured maven for Selenium automation projects and developed project object model.
- Used hub and node concept of Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms and browser combinations in parallel.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium RC and IDE.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium RC in Modular Framework model.
- Implemented JUnit framework with Selenium for parallel execution, code maintainability, and generated reports.
- Developed Selenium script for taking Screenshot and used action class to perform mouse movement.
- Have developed test scripts for complex functionalities accessing the UI elements like date time pickers, links, frames, and tables.
- Extensively executed SQL queries on SQL Server and Oracle database to validate the data.
- Used Continuous Integration tool Travis for scheduling Jobs and for Regression testing.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java automation code and resources in source controls SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Generated Allure test report using allure Plugins and reported to development team and higher management.
- Worked extensively on JIRA modules- test plan, defects, and reports and created defects using JIRA.
- Participated in daily scrum meeting and got used to agile development methodology.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, JUnit, Selenium Grid, Maven, Sauce Labs, Travis, JIRA, SVN.
Confidential, Jefferson City, MO
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewed Technical Specification System Requirement Specification, and functional design documents to accomplish a better understanding of the project.
- Did a thorough walkthrough of business requirements and prototypes with Business Analysts, Code reviews with development team and got a good grasp of requirements, functionality of the airline system.
- Developed Test plans by coordinating with other team members on the road map.
- Developed test cases by reviewing the requirement documents
- Configured Shared object repository and per action in Selenium WebDriver.
- Have automated the web application using Java and TestNG in Selenium WebDriver.
- Run the tests with Selenium Remote Control with multiple browsers & platforms.
- Analyse business requirements, Software requirement specifications to create test plan and test cases for manual and automation testing using Selenium Web Driver, Junit.
- Create frame work using Junit and Selenium Web driver.
- Mapped the test scripts to the functional requirements in Quality Centre 10.0
- Identified Test Data by querying and created Test scripts for SIT, Regression and UAT
- Conducted the Functional, System, Integration, Regression, performance, UAT and Smoke Tests for various phases of this application
- Execution of Manual Test scripts and responsible to track and log the defects using QC
- Created test cases as well as modified and reviewed test cases developed by other testers.
- Performed extensive manual testing on different modules.
- Responsible for data analysis, report validation and functional testing
- Automation test with QTP record and playback, data driven the scripts.
- Worked closely with Technical Project Managers and Development Team in defect tracking, retesting and validation
- Verified bug fixes and tested all impacted modules in application.
- Coordinating with other team members and providing status to project manager.
- Created UAT documentation to be used by users
- Ensure Requirements Coverage with Traceability Matrices.
- Designed the efficient manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirements, Functional Specs, Technical design documents, Use Cases, Supporting documents.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Interacted with developers to follow up on Opened Bugs and involved in complete QA Life Cycles.
- Used MS Excel and Rational Clear Quest to maintain test cases and test scripts.
- Developed and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure all conditions are covered.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration& Regression Testing.
- Creation of Status reports and Sending the status to the upper management as required.
- Developed various reports to communicate testing issues the project manager.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
Environment: Manual Testing, Clear Quest, MS Visio, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, Windows, UNIX.