- Over 6+ Years of experience as DevOps /Build and Release Engineer in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting development, Deployment operations in different environments.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Experienced in shell scripting using ksh, bash, Perl, Ruby and Python to automate system administration jobs.
- Hands on experience on Chef Enterprise, installed workstation, bootstrapped nodes, wrote recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to chef server.
- Expertise in Implementing and Integrating continuous delivery pipelines for releases and deployments in Jenkins.
- Experience in Continuous Integration process such as perform software build, run shell scripts, archive the build results, Cron jobs Procmail jobs, monitors execution steps using Jenkins and Apache Maven.
- Working knowledge of Puppet, Chef and Ansible automation tools for system - wide configuration and management of Linux servers.
- Good understanding of Ansible for configuring and managing computers, combining multi-node software deployment, adhoc task execution, and configuration management.
- Extensive working experience with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search and Cloud Watch.
- Familiar with designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker.
- Experience working on Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Experience with Micro Services using Docker Linux Containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift, deploying applications in multiple public and private clouds in AWS.
- Experience in created branches and managed the source code for various applications in SVN, GIT, Bit Buket, TFS and SonarQube.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM WebSphere.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile Environments for weekly releases.
- Installing, configuring and managing the RDBMS and NoSQL tools like MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience in all stages of Software Development Life-Cycle including architecture, designing, implementation, and unit testing.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
Programming/ Scripting: Python, Java, Shell, Ruby, UNIX Shell Scripts (Ksh, Bash), Power Shell
BackEnd: ElasticSearch, MySQL, Postgres SQL
Infrastructure/ Environments: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Ansible, AWS
Project Management / Monitoring Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ant, Nagios, Logstash, Crontab, Sonarqube, JIRA.
Application/Web Servers: WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, JBoss
Source Control/Versioning: Git, SVN, Bit Bucket
Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Red Hat, AIX, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
Confidential, San Antonio, TX.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Created Maven shell scripts for build and release activities in QA, Staging, and Production environments.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin, AWS Code Deploy, AWS S3 and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Worked on creation of Multiple Servers in Linux machines using Chef on AWS.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Chef.
- Worked on various scripting language like Bash, Shell, Ruby, Perl and Python.
- Working with build Servers using AWS: Importing volumes, Launching EC2, creating security groups, load balancers.
- Building the AWS Infrastructure using VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, JSON, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Ansible.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Used Kubernetes during debugging. Leading up to production when multiple application build must be tested for stability.
- Implemented Docker containers to create images of the applications and dynamically provision slaves to Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
- Worked on core AWS services such as setting up new server (EC2) instances in AWS, configuring security groups, and setting up Elastic IP, auto-scaling config, and cloud migration.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups for EC2 Servers. Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Used GIT to manage Configuration Items (CI's)
- Created Bitbucket repositories including merging and building feature branches.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
Environment: Ubuntu, Suse, AIX, Git, Bit Bukket, SVN, AWS, Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Sonarqube, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Shell, Docker, kubernetes, LINUX.
Confidential, Plano, TX.
- Collaborated with Development and Support teams to setup a Continuous Delivery environment with the use of Docker and Wercker, continuous build and delivery tools.
- Conducted business impact analysis & risk assessments of business functions. Accordingly, designed, developed, documented and implemented Disaster Recovery infrastructure for mission critical servers.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Puppet.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Automated centralized configuration using Puppet.
- Worked on migration from Datacenter to AWS.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for Cloud Automation.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Puppet and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Worked with RESTful API’s of Elastic Search to analyse, search and visualize real-time data.
- Scripting & automating tasks using Python for backup, monitoring and file processing.
- Upgrading Production Environment servers for Stability and Security.
- Installed and configured Puppet and BIND for internal infrastructure within the company.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical servers.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN and GIT.
- Worked on network based services including DNS, Syslog, NTP, SSH. Utilized Netstat, Dig, TraceRoute, Nmap, iPerf and Rsync.
- Provide stable build environments for product development.
- Accumulated application and system logs into LogStash for centralized monitoring, querying and reporting.
- Continuously updating documentation for internal knowledge base of support team and IT team.
Environment: ElasticSearch, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Maven, GIT, AWS, Docker, Wercker, Apache, Nagios, MySQL, Logstash, BIND, Python.
Confidential, Brea, CA.
- Administrated and configured Jenkins to aid in build and deployment process. Also automated jobs with Shell and Python scripts inside the Jenkins CI framework.
- Created, expanded, and configured automation in Maven/Ant to automatically build, package, and deploy Java applications to multiple development and testing environments.
- Worked on administration, maintenance and support of Ubuntu servers.
- Deployed code to production environments using Vagrant to ensure zero down time and provided production support during live releases.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Chef, Jenkins, and multiple AWS tools.
- Created release notes based on the contents of builds and publish build artifacts to the stakeholders.
- Manage, configure and maintain Ec2 instances, ELB, RDS, ElasticCache, SNS etc.
- Designed the Infrastructure, and implemented on AWS cloud.
- Continuous Integration: implemented and promoted use of Jenkins within the developer community. Validated Jenkins along with Bamboo.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also ANT as a build tool.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Worked with several Java development teams to identify and meet their needs for automation and branching strategies. This often involved analyzing portions of their code and suggesting changes for standardization.
- Maintained, merged and created branches as needed on version control repositories of SVN and Git for several cross-functional teams across different countries.
Environment: Ubuntu, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Vagrant, Java, XML, SVN, Python, Perl, agile, AWS, Tomcat and GIT.
Build- Release Engineer
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the Design Phase and developed Use Case Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC Process, being the owner of Post Development Environments.
- Carried out Deployments and Builds on various Environments using the Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Developed and Implemented the Software Release Management for the Release of Web Applications.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the Build Process.
- Used Shell/Perl Scripts to automate the Deployment Process.
- Designed a Customized Status Reporting Tool, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and Websphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.
- Overhauling the source code in SVN, adding static code analysis tests like coverity, findbugs, pmd etc. and configuring unit tests to run as part of builds.
- Setting up commit builds to check for compilation failures of checked-in source code by the developers to accelerate CI.
- Integrated SVN and Maven with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Establish CI / CD for trunk and branches to support parallel development.
- Co-coordinated Instance Refreshes and Environment Re-base Lining.
- Interdependencies and planning Release.
- Planning, Scheduling and Documenting Releases at Code Freeze Periods.
- Worked with many Teams of strength more than 30 and managed 2 Release/Build Engineers.
- Implemented & Maintained the Branching and Build/Release Strategies utilizing Subversion.
Environment: SVN, ClearCase, WebSphere, Tomcat,, ANT, Jenkins, TFS, Python, ClearQuest, Shell Scripting.