- Experience in developing Android applications with Fragments, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, Loaders, RESTful Web Services, and Notifications.
- Have thorough understanding of Mobile development design patterns (MVC/MVP/MMVM).
- Hands on experience with SQLite, Google Maps, Social Media integration (Facebook/Twitter).
- Experience in building cross platform compatible applications with JQuery Mobile for Android and iOS using Phone Gap.
- Experienced with common Android Framework API’s (Location, Camera, Notifications, Animations, Map, Data Storage, Multimedia and Connectivity) and 3rd party libraries like Butter Knife, Dagger, RX - Java and RX-Android.
- Experienced using project management tools like GIT and SVN.
- Hands on experience with Android Unit testing and tools like JUnit and Mockito.
- Hands on experience on the validation of various features like Telephony, Messaging, Multimedia, Connectivity, Performance and Power consumption.
- Basic knowledge of Android development, PhoneGap/Cordova, MongoDB, Node.js.
- Experienced with Android debugging tools such as Debugger (DDMS), Device Manager (AVD) and Logcat.
- Proficient knowledge and profound programming Experience using Objective-C and Swift.
- Experience in using bug tracking tools like Mantis, Jira, and Bugzilla.
- Experienced in Agile and Waterfall development environment.
- Experience in implementing native libraries in application by using Android NDK.
- Have knowledge on Google Glass, Android Watch and iOS App development using XCode (Swift).
Mobile Technologies: Android, iOS, Phone Gap, jQuery Mobile
Programming Language: Core Java
Operating System: Linux (Ubuntu), Mac OS X, Windows (XP, Vista, 7)
Databases: SQLite, MySQL
IDE: Eclipse, Android Studio, XCode
Build tool: Apache Ant, Make
Bug tracking tools: Mantis, Jira, Bugzilla
Flashing/Debugging tools: QXDM, QPST, ADB, DDMS, Logcat
Version Control System: SVN, Git
Configuration/Testing tools: Jenkins, JUnit
Confidential, Holland, MI
Sr. Android Developer
- Involving in entire software development process for Android applications development.
- Gathering client requirements and involved in design and developing application UI.
- Design screens using MVP/ MVVM pattern and implemented the requirements of GCM Push Notification, Geo location to nearby merchants, Rate Me feature, Fingerprint feature on Marshmallow API 23(Android 6.0).
- Working on Linear layouts, Relative layouts, Frame layouts, Recycle view adaptors and Fragments
- Using Butter Knife library to binding the field and method for Android views.
- Implementing My Cards using a Scroll view with custom Views and when the user clicks in one of the Cards, a detail view is presented using the Navigation Controller.
- Using Animations on the cards when user flip to view the card details.
- Using Gson library to convert Java Objects to JSON and vice-versa.
- Working on Recycler view to displaying merchant list in List View and Integrated Google Maps V2 to display the merchant locations with markers in Map View.
- Working on adding permission to contacts, storage and other features on Marshmallow API 23 (Android 6.0).
- Using RX-Java and RX-Android to accomplish background service tasks and Restful interactions.
- Creating functionality for storing payment details and billing preferences which will useful for user in future use.
- Integrating the QR Code scanning library in to the application for the scanning and as well reader API to reading payment card data.
- Implementing overriding the talk back with content description for ADA (Americans with Disability Act).
- Validating Unit Test cases using JUnit.
- Involving in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen resolutions.
- Working with Instruments tools extensively at the end of development cycle to minimize memory leaks, optimize performance and assure overall application stability.
- Working on bug fixing, troubleshooting the production issues and tracking using JIRA & Splunk.
- Using Android Studio for development, debugging and deployment of the applications.
- Using Git for version control of the source code/modules.
- Following Agile and Scrum methodologies in the project implementation.
- Involving in code reviews and meetings during the change request.
- Documenting Release notes and release app to QA team for validation.
Environment: Android 6.0, Android 5.1, Android Studio 1.5, XML, Java, Google-Map, GCM, Subversion, JUnit, Gson, Butter Knife, RX-Java, Git, JIRA and Jenkins.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Senior Mobile Developer
- Gathered client requirements and involved in design and developing hybrid application UI.
- Worked on Detail level UI design documents for android and work on building the required product suites.
- Designed the User Interface with Tabs for multiple views, custom list views and expandable list views.
- Developed the UI using jQuery, jQuery mobile, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Created handset specific UI targeting screens sizes like small, normal, large & extra-large Developed iOS and Android mobile app using Phone Gap framework.
- Used Location APIs for Search.
- Integrated REST web services, JSON in the app.
- Implemented favorite’s options to save the refined search data.
- Worked on local data storage using SQLite.
- Used SVN for version control of the source code/modules.
- Worked on bug fixing and troubleshooting the production issues and tracking using Mantis tool.
- Performed Unit and integration testing.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen resolutions.
- Documented app feature upgrades for use in promotional material.
- Created Release notes and Change requests for UAT and production deployments.
- Worked on deploying the application in development, QA and testing environments.
- Wrote technical specifications and maintained all reports pertaining to application development process.
Environment: Phone Gap (Cordova), HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, JSON, iOS, Backbone, Android KitKat, Eclipse, Mantis, SVN, Android SDK.
- Designed and developed mobile application for Android mobile devices with extensive user interface development.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Used multi-threading to implement parallel processing
- Work on large complex existing codebase in latest Android SDK, Android Studio and APIs using TDD, MVP and dependency injection design concepts
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Synchronizing the server for getting the credit and due balances of the customers.
- Integrating Cordova into the project to make it run as a mobile application
- Followed agile methodology for implementing the Application.
- Refactoring application using dagger.
- Used GIT for version control.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Worked on debugging the application using Log cat, ADB.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
Environment: Android, SQLite, Kotlin, GPS service,Bluetooth, Log cat, ADB Linux, TDD, Media framework, Restful Web Service, media player, J unit, RPC Frameworks.
Senior Mobile Developer
- Worked on the technical documentation for various modules like navigation to Google map, Search, Settings and Gallery in the application.
- Constructed Activities and Fragments.
- Utilized a Navigation Drawer to easily switch between application activities and fragments.
- Participated in developing the UI of the app using Google Map APIs.
- Integrated with Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Social Media for posting the details.
- Designed custom animations for transitions between application activities.
- Integrating REST web services, JSON in the app.
- Designed SQLite database schema for implementing persistent data storage.
- Worked on Eclipse for app development, debugging and testing.
- Supported multiple screen resolutions to provide proper resizing across multiple devices.
- Involved in unit testing for multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Worked on implementing multi-language support.
- Worked on deploying the application in development and QA environments.
- Followed agile methodology to implement the project.
- Tracked issues reports with the Bugzilla open source platform.
- Worked on debugging the application using Log cat and DDMS.
- Utilized Git version control tool as source control management system.
- Prepared technical specifications and maintained all reports pertaining to application development process
Environment: Android KitKat (4.4), Eclipse, Android Animations, SQLite, Fragments, Activities, Intents, JSON, Bugzilla, Linux, Git.
- Implemented Fragments on the main screen, On Click of each fragment takes to another tab.
- Implemented List View, so as to show the different shipments and maps as a form of list.
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Developed the application using Java, XML and Eclipse IDE
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in Android SDK and NDK, Application Stack and Android Architecture. Focused on synchronous and asynchronous concurrency models, background processing with AsyncTasks and Services, IPC, AIDL, Storage and retrieval of structured data.
- Worked closely with the testing team.
- Worked in an Agile based environment.
- Collaborated with web services team to implement the backend support.
- Designed the web services to communicate with the Android application by using Restful web services with the Spring 3 API, and JSON Parsing for the received responses
- Designed and developed the request and response data to and from database.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML5 data.
- Created test cases and test data for testing the application using J Unit Extensions.
- Performed Unit testing on the various modules/functions to ensure that the output is as expected
- Used JIRA to track issues.
Environment: Android SDK, Google Maps, XML and SQL Databases, J Unit, GPS Services, Phone gap.