- Proficient 10+ years of experience on Devops essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ant, Maven,GIT.
- Expertise in writing Shell and Python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Experience in setup and build AWS infrastructure using EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS, EBS.
- Working with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) stack to analyze log data obtained from Microsoft Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 in setting up instances, worked closely with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot problems, complex issues and setting up security groups.
- Experience in creating life cycle policies in AWS S3 for backups to Glacier .
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience with Build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle for writing build.xmls, pom.xmls and build. gradles on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Efficient in Maven for the build process and Bamboo as continuous integration build tool and Worked on build failures on trouble shooting.
- Expertise on version control tools like Subversion, Git and utilized source code administration customer apparatuses like GitHub, Git GUI .
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion ( SVN ) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef-Recipes , Chef-Node convergence in Chef-SCM .
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef Server from workstation to manage and configure Chef-Nodes .
- Experience in setting up Puppet master, Puppet agents for managing enterprise policies, configurations.
- Expertise on creation of Puppet manifest files to install Tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Written the Ansible YAML scripts to configure the remote servers.
- Experience with Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Experience working on Docker hub , creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Knowledge on Designing and implementing container orchestration systems with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience to manage local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Extensively involved in maintaining large amounts of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data across multiple data centers and the cloud using Cassandra .
- Integrated Jenkins with various Devops tools such as Nexus .
- Have good experience in implementing JIRA and HP Quality center as bug tracking and ticketing tool.
- Experience on search and analytic tools like Splunk and developing Splunk queries, dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity.
- Expertise in Configuring, Managing and Scheduling Crontabs for App Accounts and Backup management on a regular basis.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Gradle, Vagrant, Maven, Kubernetes.
Database: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL Server.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Terraform, BAMBOO, Code Deploy.
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Nix, JBOSS, WebSphere.
Languages/Scripts: C, C#, Java, HTML, Shell, Bash, Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl, and Power shell.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum.
Web Technologies.: HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON.
Bug Tracking & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Junit, Redmine
Operating S ystems: Linux, Windows, Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS.
Monitoring tools: DataDog, Nagios, Pager duty, Slack.
Confidential - Weston, FL
DevOps AWS Engineer
- Worked as release engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple software releases
- Developed Shell/Ruby scripts for automation purpose
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning OpenStack cloud, integrating with Chef and Puppet
- Responsible for designing and deploying SCM processes and procedures
- Designed and implements fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment technologies like chef
- Worked with software developing and operating team to debug software and system problems
- Created scripts in python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations
- Deployed puppet, puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Used puppet to automate configuration management
- Used puppet to manage Web Applications, Conf Files, Data base, commands, user mount points and packages
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity and code conflict resolution
- Installed and configured Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines
- Coordinated developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment into Tomcat application server
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable
- Involved in research of the project application architecture to support and resolve build, compile, ad test issues/problems
Environment: ANT, Chef, Puppet, Linux, AWS, OpenStack, Shell Scripts, Python, Ruby, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat.DevOps .
Build and Release engineer/ Devops Engineer
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, Security Groups, S3, Auto scaling, ELB, RDS, Route53, IAM, etc.
- Used high degree of automation using DevOps tools for zero down time of servers.
- Installed workstation, bootstrapped nodes, wrote Chef-Recipes authored them by using Ruby & uploaded them to the Chef serverby Knife to manage configurations, applications, packages, services and automate installation process for webservers and AWS instances.
- Experience in writing wrapper cookbooks by creating Roles.
- Responsible in interacting with the nodes, required for performing a bootstrap operation andused Scalar to launch AWS instances.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux machines and configuredmaster and slaves to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Used SonarQube for code quality and maintained Bit Bucket for Artifacts repository manager
- Used Sause labs for UI test and Lint for alignment of source code.
- Used UDeploy for Integration of Automated Build Pipelineto pick up the Build artifacts from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Worked with the ALM tool TFS like project collections, build definitions, work items and reporting.
- Deployed JAVA applications through Tomcat/ Web Sphere/ Web Logic.
- Worked with Dockers and vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing code.
- Worked on building Docker Images and configuring Docker clusters leveraging Docker Swarm as an orchestration tool.
- Developed Shell and Python scripts as part of automation of build and release process.
- Used Nagios for Log management and Service Now for incident, change, and request management.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on servers using RPM & YUM.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Managed local Deployments in Kubernetes using Open shift platform, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Used Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Involved when migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before performing code roll-out.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment. work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Involved with development, testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies and documented work done, skills required and mitigated for future projects.
- Used Confluence for documenting, skills required and mitigated for future projects.
Environment: : AWS Services,Scalar, Chef, Ruby, Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube, Sause labs, UFT, Lint, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, WebLogic, Shell, Python script, Docker, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, Vagrant, ServiceNow, TFS, Confluence,Coverity.
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland.
Build and Release engineer /Devops Engineer
- Implemented new process and policies for build process and involved in auditing.
- Worked in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Shell scripts.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Puppet, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Worked on setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins.
- Worked on Multi project jobs in Jenkins and used pipeline plugin to manage them.
- Worked and involved in migration (Implementation and Delivery) of existing websites to AEM6.
- Implemented automated application deployment and written deployment scripts and automation scripts.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Lead Automation deployment team and worked with Puppet, written puppet modules for application deployment.
- Worked with Python, Flask, Jenkins, Terraform and incorporating those three services for infrastructure automation project.
- Worked with various AWS, EC2 and S3 Command Line Interface (CLI) tools.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups. Optimized volumes, AWS Kinesis, SQS and EC2 instances
- Patched different software using RedHat Package Manager and YUM.
- Automate infrastructure creation, deployment and recovery using Ansible, Docker, Terraform & Jenkins
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and life-cycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Create proof of concepts of technologies to evaluate: Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Bamboo, Jenkins, Splunk, and Terraform.
- Worked on M-Collective framework for building server orchestration and parallel job-execution systems.
- Planning and implementing VPCs with multiple availability zones and multiple subnets to meet the dynamic IP requirements as part of installation of AEM 6.0 author & publish instances on to Development, Integration.
- Part of installation of AEM 6.0 author & publish instances on to Development, Integration.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Centos) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Management of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Installed and Configured AEM Authoring & Publishing Instance.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Used Elastic search through JSON and Java API.
- Wrote deployment recipes for infrastructure management (Terraform)
- Worked on Oracle Databases there by connecting different environments to these databases in lower and production environments.
- Build new Jenkins Jobs for the new AEM instances.
- System Cloning, System Copy, and Data Refresh as agreed to by the business stakeholders.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using DevOps technologies like Puppet.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
Environment: AWS, SQS, Ansible, CICD (Jenkins), Docker, Maven, Linux, Splunk, Terraform, Red Hat ELK, GIT, Cloud Watch, Python, AEM 6.1, Shell Scripting, JSON, AEM 6.0, WebSphere, Tomcat.
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts.
Build and Release engineer /Devops Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects and monitoring.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Chef.
- Managed Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Working with Devops practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Formation.
- Working on designing, development and implementation of Decommissioning & re-provisioning process and Virtual Machine using bash and Python Flask as framework.
- Developing scripts (recipes in chef) for automatic deployment of servers and managing configuration files through chef.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Experience in managing Micro Services for development testing and deployment of restful web services by using Docker and OpenShift .
- Involved in creating different applications like K afka , Zookeeper , Solar and used to expose any route to the external traffic around Openshift .
- Involved in autoscaling the pods and containers during the peak times to handle heavy traffic.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services AWS platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes , Chef Templates , Chef Recipes and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries.
- Manage the configurations of all the servers using Chef configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery. Automated web server content deployments via shell scripts.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2.
- Integrate and implement a complete cloud services framework (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) and cloud deployment model (private, public, and hybrid).
- Expert in performance monitoring tools like IaaS, AWS Cloud Watch and stack driver.
- Configured S3 versioning and life-cycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups for different AWS Accounts.
- Configured S3 versioning and life-cycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirement and implement the solutions using build and deployment automation tool Urbancode deploy.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autoscaling groups
- Experience in monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloudwatch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer Latency etc.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool
- Integrated JIRA with CI/CD Pipeline as defect tracking system and configured workflows to automate deployment and issue tracking.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud from on-premises.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef Automation, openshift, Kubernetes, Chef, Cookbooks, Load Balancers, IAM, Nagios, CloudWatch, UNIX and Linux .
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy , checking policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check ins , defining backup and archival plans.
- Coordinated with resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Experience on resolving issues to support application.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins .
- Responsible for analyzing the requirement and implement the solutions using build and deployment automation tools like uDeploy / Urbancode deploy.
- Create build configurations in TeamCity and integrate with rest of the other tools like SonarQube , CheckmarxArtifactory and uDeploy.
- Worked on IBM Continuous Delivery tools like AnthillPro and Udeploy , for continuous automated deployments from Development environment to Production environment successfully.
- Developed MSBuild scripts for .Net web applications and setting up in IIS6/7 and deploy using MSDeploy.
- Configured IBM Urban Code Deploy and PowerShell scripts to automate the deploy process
- Have exposure and good hands on experience with Puppet and chef.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, Assembly, Deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Leading, planning, and managing documentation projects for product releases. Creating Jira Projects, Confluence spaces .
- Setting up commit builds to check for compilation failures of checked-in source code by the developers to accelerate CI .
- Deployed and working on JAVA and .Net applications and Managing Nodes using Puppet.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day CVS / Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Creation of branches in CVS and Subversion for parallel development process.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Involved in managing other version control tools like GIT .
- Written cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Merging release branches back to trunk after the production release and resolving of conflicts during merging in both CVS and Subversion. Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Configured Build Controller in our Project to perform light weight tasks.
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Jenkins.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications or services by encapsulating them in containers.
- Configured the Docker containers and creating docker files for different environments. Created docker containers for Linux instances.
- Deployed an OpenStack server under Linux. Deployed OpenStack environments through automated tools like Ansible/custom pipeline production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef and Puppet
- Implemented multi Node OpenStack KILO Architecture on KVM Using Latest Release of Ubuntu with Services like Horizon, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder, Keystone & Swift
- Configured Jenkins with the windows, Linux and Solaris slaves to automate the build for various languages like Java, Tibco, .NET using the build tools like Maven, ANT and shell scripts.
- Used MS Build to automate the build of .NET applications
- Worked closely with development team and QA team for product releases.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
Environment: SVN, CVS, Git, Jenkins, Tomcat, Shell and JIRA, confluence, puppet and Chef, uDeploy.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- Installed Operating System and configured kernel parameters for Linux / Unixservers .
- Worked on creating, maintaining and troubleshooting Disk partitioning, LVM and file management.
- Managed day-to-day ticket resolution of Ubuntu Linux issues.
- Worked on configuring TCP/IP , network interface, assigning static routes and hostnames.
- Created shell scripts for automating the daily maintenance and update processes in the production environment.
- Archive management for files and directories employing the TAR tool and compression of files using the gzip and bzip2 .
- Administered local and remote servers using SSH (secure shell) tool on daily basis.
- Supported data management through on-site & off-site storage and retrieval service.
- Installed, updated, and configured the necessary packages using the RPM and YUM software/package management.
- Monitored user and group administration, password management, file accessing and advanced file permission privileges.
- Automated some jobs by deploying the CRON tool for job scheduling processes.
- Deployed and installed new servers and their appropriate services for various applications in Linux.
- Day to day ticket resolving & submit CRQ based on user requirement
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities.
- Resolved operation issues which comes in the form of tickets and assisted the users in solving their issues.
- Worked in setting up LDAP, DNS, DHCP Server along with effective group and System Level policies and roaming profile features by using NFSserver.
- Ensured the health and security of the Linux boxes which were in use.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, EMC Servers, OTRS, BASH shell, LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
- Performed Installation and Administration of BEA Weblogic 8.1.
- Installation, Configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the Weblogic 8.1
- Managed Apache HTTP 1.3 Web Server, Microsoft IIS Web Server and Sun Java System Web Server (iPlanet 4.1)
- Analyze Performance Tuning - Thread Dump Analysis, Core Dump Analysis when Server crashed unevenly.
- Configured Cluster Configuration - Single Cluster, Multiple Clusters and Deployment over clusters.
- Experience in migration of Web Logic Server from Windows to Linux environment.
- Composed JMS Server, Connection Factory, Foreign JMS server, Message Bridge, Topic/Queue, Distributed destinations
- Deployed the application on Tomcat Application server.
- Configured and maintained the Weblogic Load Balancing Clusters
- Created security roles, group policy, user authentication, auditing and authorization.
- Worked on Web Security tools- LDAP Server, SSL Certificates.
- Developed scripts to monitor JDBC Connection Pool Status JVM Heap Size JMS Messages in the Destination queues in the production environment.
- Configuring database connectivity using JDBC and Configured WebLogic Virtual hosts.
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by WebLogic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- Used ANT to run build scripts developed UNIX shell scripts and auto deployment processes.
- Installed Apache HTTP server as a front end of WebLogic server.
- Developed scripts for automatic startup and shutdown of Admin Server and Managed Servers.
- Monitored the cluster for performance issues in respect to JVM Heap Size.
- Configuration and Integration of iPlanet LDAP Server with WebLogic server.
- Involved in 24/7 support for production environments.
Environment: BEA WebLogic 7.x/8.x, Tomcat 4.x, Java 1.4, Linux, Unix, EJB 2.0, JSP, JMS, JDBC, SQL Server 2000, CVS, Windows NT/2000, LDAP.