- A dynamic and a result oriented SDET/QA Automation Tester with 8 years of experience in the IT Industry.
- Experience in working on different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in Creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, writing and executing Test Cases, Task Scheduling, Manual Testing and Automated Testing, Defect Tracking, Test Coverage and Test Summary Reports and well versed in different management scenarios like Quality Assurance and Change control.
- Experienced in attending Sprint Planning Meetings, Requirements Grooming Sessions, Scrum Meetings, Sprint Review Meetings, Sprint Retrospective Meetings and worked very closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters in Agile Projects.
- Solid knowledge in Java and OOPS concepts (Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism), Object, Method, Interface, Abstract Class, Keywords and Variables required for Selenium frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in working with open source automation testing tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid), Web Services SoapUI, Unit testing Frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG, BDD Framework such as Cucumber tool, Bug tracking tool JIRA and IDE tool Eclipse.
- Experienced in setting up full CICD Process right from creating the Jenkin jobs for various test suites and setting up pipeline dependencies and automated scheduling.
- Implemented different automation frameworks like Data - Driven Framework, Keyword-Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, Behavior Driven Development Framework/Acceptance Test-Driven Development Framework (BDD/ATDD), Page Object Model Framework, using Selenium WebDriver for many projects.
- Worked extensively in writing and executing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in Java for cross browsing testing.
- Hands on experience in developing BDD Framework using Cucumber API in building Feature Files which contains Feature and Scenarios with Given, When, And, Then steps, Step definitions for writing the test scripts and Test Runner for test execution along with Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in using different Spying tools like Firebug and Firepath element as a Firefox add-on for addressing web elements using locator’s ID, Class name, CSS Selector, Xpath etc.
- Experience in Java programming language using IDE tool Eclipse and unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG unit testing frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites and HTML reports.
- Hands on experience in using project building tools like MAVEN in adding dependencies by maintaining in pom.xml file and on version control tools like SVN, GIT.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as HP Quality Center (QC)/Application Life Cycle Management (ALM), Rally, JIRA and Bugzilla bug reporting tools to track test progress, test execution and deliverables.
- Generated test logs using Log4 j for various log levels.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Solid knowledge and expertise in Black Box Testing Techniques such as Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Comparison Testing and Error Guessing.
- Participated in Requirement review meetings, analyzed requirements, developing test plan and test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Management, Reporting and Tracking.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries and performing Database Testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Worked with Cross functional testing teams and developers for closing defects.
- Proficient in performing different kinds of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Functional, GUI, Backend, White Box, Parallel Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing & UAT.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
- A keen communicator with honed interpersonal, problem solving and analytical abilities. Working with the local leads in managing the project deadlines and allocating the workload to the resources.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and compliance of quality assurance testing strategies, policies, procedures, standards, templates and governance.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
Software Testing: Functional, Database, Security, Performance, Desktop Applications and Web based UI Testing, Windows and Web Services.
Testing tools: Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), Cloud Testing, Protractor, Jasmine, Cucumber, Geb, Spock, TestNG, JUnit, Sauce Labs, UFT/QTP, APPIUM, SOAPUI and Gherkin
Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Tortoise, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity, Hudson, Bamboo and TFS.
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
Modular, DataDriven, Keyword: Driven, Hybrid, Test Modularity, Business Process Testing (BPT), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Page Object Model.
Other tools: Jira, Rally, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Auto IT, Eclipse, FireBug and Fire Path.
Automation tools: Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Calabash
Web services: SOAP and REST full web services testing
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS, Linux, OS Yosemite
Confidential, Des Plaines, IL
Software Development Engineer In Test - SDET
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation. Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Involved in complex test cases dealing with Business rules, under writing issues and validations.
- Involved in test cases related to quote screens and rating behavior.
- Tested the behavioral changes in modifiers according to question sets response.
- Studied and analyzed the Functional Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
- Created automation test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run sanity and regression testing.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Used Linux/Unix commands for using GitHub through cmd.
- Involved in developing BDD Frame work from Scratch.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and also using functions like contains and not contains.
- Executed test cases in real device for both mobile app and mobile website.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation tools Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST with POSTMAN.
- Automated webservices using Java library Rest Assured
- Worked with AWS cloud machines to setup selenium GRID and also Jenkins server on HUB machine.
- Used cucumber to automate services using Rest API.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and also used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, health check and regression.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services and RESTAPI.
- Used the Groovy language to verify Webservices through SOAP UI. Used the Groovy language to verify Webservices through SOAP UI.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers.
Automation Test Engineer (SDET)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Involved in Agile methodology reviewed the Product Backlogs, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and Technical design specifications document.
- Interacted with the Project Manager, Business Analysts and Developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Developed Test plan, Test Scenario Design, Test cases, Test scripts from the data mapping documents, Functional Specification documents and mapped the test cases with the requirements for generating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used Selenium WebDriver to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Implemented Hybrid automation test framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG and Database as source of Test Data.
- Redesigned the existing hybrid framework into BDD using Cucumber.
- Wrote automated scripts for production environment executing through AWS.
- Served as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project and wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
- Performed Compatibility Testing & Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Used Firebug and Firepath for element identification while creating Page Object Repository .
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known as bug fixing.
- Found Defects, analyzed, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect Tracking, and reviewed the defects using HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) bug tracking tool.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
- Performed testing on the Web Services API’s using protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP and WSDL using SoapUI tool related with various interfaces.
- Performed Backend testing to validate and retrieve the data from the database and used SQL Server to execute SQL queries.
- Coordinated with Business Analyst during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and assist the user to ensure that application was user friendly and functioning according to desired requirements.
- Interacted with developers, business & management teams and end users in case of issues over defects/ requirements.
- Generated weekly Status Reports to the team manager and participated in daily standup meetings, weekly Status Meetings and Scrum meetings with Team members, Team managers, Business analysts and Technical team and end-clients.
Environment: Java, AWS, Selenium, Eclipse, Java, TestNG, HP ALM/Quality Center 10, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, XML, SOAP, HTML, SOAP UI, Windows 8.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging. SADF
- Wrote automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Preparation of Test scripts using Selenium Web driver (Automation tool) with java for Functional Test cases.
- Automating the regression & project cases using Selenium.
- Designed Hybrid framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performing Failure Analysis for the regression failed cases using Selenium.
- Organize weekly meetings with Client leads & Onsite manager regarding the Automation status.
- Point of contact for Process related activities like Metrics reporting & Operation clarity.
- Review - Defect prevention plan and Software configuration management plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery (Test Design, Test execution and Test summary report) and management (Test metrics and Risk analysis) to client partners, offshore manager and Onsite manager.
- Organize weekly meetings with offshore managers, Onsite Coordinator & Onsite manager to discuss the Project goals and report the health of the overall project status.
- Used Appium Emulators and Simulators for testing the application in Mobiles.
- Updating the application down time in Environment Tracker during test execution phase.
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts using Appium.
- Established a network system and user configuration for local and hybrid Xeon Phi Coprocessor projects.
- Involved in Development of automation framework for Appium and integrated with continuous
- Artefact reviews (specification, code, test cases, test procedures and data)
- Design and implement full-stack embedded software for STB and "Internet of Things" devices.
- Tested application using different iOS and Android mobile devices and Android Virtual Device installations
- Proven ability to work with Appium tool integrated with complex architecture to automate Mobile Applications and executing test cases for validating GUI and system functionality on desktops and mobile devices including Android and IOS.
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS using Appium Tool.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform Mobile Testing.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App of Client, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Performed Integration Testing in Vendor Development environment and System Testing in SIT environment and User Acceptance Testing in Pre-Production Environment.
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and
Environment: Quality Center, BDD, Windows, Java, SQL, Oracle, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, Grid), TestNG, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
Automation Test Engineer (SDET)
- Provided end to end testing services for the Ecommerce web application.
- Involved and implemented the daily tasks like Test Strategy and Test planning.
- Involved in QA Docs (Test Plan, Scenarios, RTM, Test Case Design), Peer Reviews, Test.
- Designed & Implemented a Hybrid Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed GUI functional testing manually for the application.
- Expertise in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test Case Review, Test Case Execution, Writing Test scripts, testing tools Usage, Defect management, and Prepare Test reports.
- Developed user defined functions for different selenium locator types.
- Designed and reviewed the test scenarios and scripts for given functional requirements and automated test cases in Selenium.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Used Several TestNG Annotations to take advantage of test lifecycle.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to next quarter release.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using Restful.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test Suites using XML / SOAP using Soap UI and Postman tool.
- Designed data-driven testing in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Actively involved in STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, SOAP UI.
- Setup /Installed and Configured Selenium IDE.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests. Record and plays back test in Firefox using Selenium IDE for UI automation testing. Created test scripts and automated them by using Selenium IDE.
- Performed browser compatibility testing of application under various cross browsers (Safari, Firefox, IE, Chrome) using HTML IDs and XPATH in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementing logging and tracking using Jira.
Environment: Java, JIRA, Jenkins, ALM, SOA Tester, Eclipse, Junit, Cucumber, HTML5, CSS, Oracle, Maven, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Windows 7/XP/Vista.
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java coding.
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Involved in the front-end coding using Struts concepts like Action classes, Tiles framework, DynaActionForm Beans.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Struts Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Created XML files to enable users to access the system.
- Created the stored procedures for inserting and updating the data in the database.
- Developed and implemented the business logic component in middle tier using JDBC and EJB framework including stateless session classes and Entity bean classes.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Server.
- Involved in the performance tuning sessions and suggested few performance improvement techniques such as caching.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
Environment: Java, JDK, Struts, Eclipse, Web Logic, Junit, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows, HTML.