- AWS professional with 8 years of experience in the field of IT, focused on Linux Administration, Build and Release Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Continuous Deployment and Cloud.
- Experience in AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, ElastiCache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Beanstalk, EMR, AWS Workspaces.
- Worked on migrating traditional on-premises infrastructure to AWS cloud services which now hosts 20+ AWS services.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience in writing playbooks and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Worked on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS.
- Good understanding of principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and SDLC.
- Launched EC2 Cloud Instances using AWS (Linux) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Independent contributor for DevOps with various cloud technologies in AWS.
- Hands on experience in using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Knowledge in Virtual servers including Docker, Vagrant environments.
- Worked on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS.
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters
- Experience creating pods and clusters in Kubernetes and deploy those using Open Shift.
- Proficient knowledge in working on version control tools like GIT. Experience in implementing and maintaining the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT on AWS.
- Experience in Software analysis, design, development and integration using J2EE technologies like Java, Web services, ANT, Maven, Nexus, JSON and XML technologies.
- Worked with multiple teams in heterogeneous environments in implementing integration projects.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills, Good documentation skills.
- Good Command in Basic Linux administration.
- Provided day-to- day operational support to related infrastructures. knowledge on Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS and selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Experience with configuration and monitoring distributed and multi-platform servers using Chef in AWS Cloud Environment.
- Experience in using ticketing tools like JIRA, Service now, Remedy and Open ALM.
- Experience managing data migration from data centers to AWS Cloud using Amazon DMS.
- Experience in troubleshooting ay issues generated while building, deploying and when in production.
- Hands on experience (Knowledge) on performance monitoring tools like App-Dynamics, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation and Services Related to AWS.
- Have been part of a huge team that consisted of developers, analysts and support technicians, so can effectively communicate amongst teams and save time and prioritize projects
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, UNIX, Windows
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GITHUB, TFS, CVS and IBM Rational Clear Case.
Web/ Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and Jboss.
Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Build Forge and Bamboo.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant and MS Build.
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, DB2, MS Access and SQL Server
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
Scripting: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python.
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VM Virtual Box and VMware.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk.
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud Formation AWS
Config and S3
Languages: Scripting Language ANT, NANT, Shell, Bash and Python Programming
Languages C/C++, Java, C#.Net, VB.Net, PHP and PL/SQL.
Sr. AWS & Devops Engineer
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Supported developers and QA team engineers on release process and to make various builds in particular environment.
- Setup required infrastructure in AWS and created pipelines in DEV, TEST, STAGING and PRODUCTION
- Migrated Infrastructure to AWS Cloud and transferred on-premises data to AWS RDS with DATA EXPORT IMPORT (DEI job)
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them
- Extensively used JIRA to create sprints, bug tracking, issue tracking, project management functions, releases
- Used Confluence for documentation of plans, implementation of new services, issues resolved
- Experience in designing and deploying application in AWS stack including EC2, Route53, S3, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM and auto-scaling in AWS cloud Formation
- Experience in using Puppet to maintain the configuration.
- Developed Python scripts to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch
- Wrote Terraform scripts to improve the infrastructure in AWS
- Expertise in configuring Jenkins job to spin up infrastructure using Terraform scripts and modules
- Used Groovy scripting to automate Jenkins jobs. Configured Jenkins jobs as a code with Groovy DSL.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Created a feature branch in Bit Bucket and forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Developed scripts to pull and push from Bit Bucket
- Created Custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with a required application on dependencies and packages
- Deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and X-Ray
- Responsible to designing and deploying new ELK clusters
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- Configured Apache web server in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Wrote Jenkins file core pipeline and push to the source code management to create three stage continuous delivery pipeline
- Wrote custom groovy scripts to automate CI/CD process in Jenkins.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins
- Maintained Jenkins server to deploy into testing and pre-production environments
- Managed JFrog Artifactory on AWS, single copy of any binary is ever stored on this file system
- Used SonarQube for continuous inspection of code quality and to perform automatic reviews of code to detect bugs
- Experience in using ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, and Kibana) stack for network and server monitoring, storing the logs and visualizing them using Nginx
- Performed general Linux/DevOps cloud tasks as required
- Developed and implement an automated Linux infrastructure using Chef
- Installation and configuration of ELK stack (Log Management tool) in both legacy and Docker swarm mode
- Integrated Elastic Search (ELK) with AWS deployment using Ansible to collect data from all database server
- Written Chef Cookbooks and Recipes for Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle.
- Designed and developed Chef Cookbooks for automation deployment and upgrades of Commissions and Central Login System
- Hands on experience with Chef Automate to migrate the workloads with complete control and monitor the compliance barriers blocking cloud migration
- Extensive working experience in working on with agile environment and have a Full understanding of SDLC and process.
- Installed Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
Environment: AWS-VPC, EC2, Lambda, Minikube, Ansible, ELK Stack, Kubernetes, JFrog, Python, Maven, Puppet, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Cloud Watch, Packer, Jenkins, Linux, Jira, SonarQube, New Relic, Nagi
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
- Worked with an end to end development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Ansible and Jenkins
- Configured and managed source code using Git & GitHub and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automation the build processes. Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven.
- Support a high-level AWS hosting group using Jenkins in the DevOps environment to manage the integration of various scripts for continuous deployment.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Performed SVN to GIT migration and Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Creating scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Automation of the build and deployment using Jenkins.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible and AWS CloudFormation templates.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build Docker images used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Combined Ansible and AWS CloudFormation to automate the deployment using JSON framework.
- Created and maintained Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic web application servers.
- Created Amazon S3 buckets to keep the web app files and the CloudFormation templates.
- Used Jenkins to create a build job that spawns the Cloud Formation stack using Jenkins-CloudFormation-plugin.
- Written custom scripts for backing up data for more than 2 weeks into S3 bucket and for longer period the data was moved to Redshift.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Involved in developing Docker based infrastructure Kubernetes.
- Worked on testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of MongoDB and Cassandra NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
- Writing JSON templates for cloud formation and Ruby scripts for Ansible automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub (sub version control)
- Involved in Building the Docker containers and deploy them into AWS container as service
- Used Docker and Open Shift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Working with Aws Security Groups to create components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB.
- Manage Amazon redshift clusters such as launching cluster and specifying node type as well.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch and for App using Nagios.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail, Route 53, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling), Linux, Ansible, Git, GitHub, Ant, Maven, Nagios, Subversion, JIRA, Jenkins, Groovy, Shell scripting, Ansible, JBOSS, Kubernetes, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kurbernetes.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure in various resources VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud formation JSON templates.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Involved in architecting and deploying of fault tolerant, highly available, cost effective and secure servers in AWS. Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Designed and maintained the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Implemented and Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Installed Chef Server on the workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife, and involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process.
- Involved in integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework, and worked with various custom resources, created roles & environments, and using chef handlers for different auto Kickoff Requirement Jobs.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks automated cook books CI and CD system.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Created Pre-commit hooks in Python/shell/bash for authentication with JIRA-Pattern Id while committing codes in SVN, limiting file size code and file type and restricting development team to check-in while code commit.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Deployed and configured JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
Environment: Git, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, JBoss, Splunk, Nagios, EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, Shell, JIRA, Python, Nginx, Apache, Tomcat
DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and 3rd party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Worked on creating new EC2 instances on AWS (Amazon web services).
- Implemented continuous integration using UDeploy.
- Have Experience on Ruby with chef Automation tools.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Installed SVN, GIT, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Puppet Manifests to provision complex multi-node applications composed of Ruby on Rails, Node, Apache, Nginx Passenger, Unicorn, Elastic Search, Hadoop, and MySQL.
- Worked in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using Nagios and GRAPHITE.
Environment: Git, Chef, AWS, Windows Solaris, UNIX, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, CVS, Subversion.
Confidential - Marlborough, MA
- Responsible for maintaining Linux servers (RHEL, Ubuntu and Amazon) as well as ensuring the health and stability of the server. This included trouble shooting possible package/library conflicts using various OS, server, and application logs to pinpoint the problem in order for it to be corrected.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Creating Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Developed build and deployment script using Python and Shell scripting.
- Supported 50+ AWS Cloud instance's and also familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management.
- Experience Installing and setting up Oracle Products on Linux for the development team using Chef Cookbooks.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Implemented continuous integration and build tools using Ant, Jenkins, chef full automation.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Provided 24x7 on-call production support for Applications with critical SLAs by following proper escalation procedures.
Environment: Linux, AWS, Chef, Python, Bash, Ant, Jenkins, Git, Ngnix, Team city, Jira, Run scope, Status page, Pager duty