- 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and Cloud implementation.
- Experience in AWS services such as IAM, EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, EC2 Container Service, S3, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EMR, Elastic File System, Storage Gateway.
- Experience in GCP Services such as GKE, Google App Engine, Compute Engine, VPC Network, Interconnect, Cloud Routers, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN.
- Experience in Azure infrastructure management, Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Management templates, Virtual Networks, Storage, Virtual Machines, and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways Auto-Scaling.
- Experience working in Agile, Scrum SDLC, Waterfall methodologies with respect to Resource Planning, Functional and Technical Specifications, delivering Operations, Development, Testing, and Maintenance.
- Experienced on DevOps tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vagrant, Open shift, Gradle.
- Designed and maintained AWS infrastructure highly available, scalable, secured, monitored and alerting network infrastructure.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Experienced in creating multiple VPC's and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Experience in routing Production traffic for High availability multi-site using Route 53 using Failover and Weighted Routing Policies.
- Integrated Third-Party SAML Solution Providers with AWS and Created SAML Identity Providers.
- Experienced in triggering CloudWatch alarms and specified thresholds with metrics and notified by creating subscribers by using SNS.
- Experience in Installing, configuring Cloud Foundry Ops Manager,App Manager, Etc. Configuring LDAP, for authorization, configuring loggregator for logs in PCF (ELK/Splunk)
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch.
- Extensively used containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Responsible for architect and delivered all migration activities relate Legacy Apps to Google Cloud Platform.
- Participate in and implement SDLC practices for developing, deploying, running and maintaining applications on the Google cloud platform.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline for database using Bamboo and uDeploy. Helped developers in creating uDeploy snapshots, adding version to the snapshot during production installs.
- Experience with OpenStack Services such as Compute, Network, Storage, Horizon, Glance, Identity, Monitoring and Orchestration Service.
- Strong experience in DevOps Environment by enhancing Continuous Delivery and infrastructure change by using Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes and Docker to deploy code with GIT, Jenkins.
- Bootstrapped and managed multi-tier AWS infrastructure by using custom JSON CloudFormation Templates.
- Build infrastructure with custom Terraform templates and maintained them as a part of Disaster Recovery.
- Hands on experience with Amazon different EC2 instance families spanning across Test, Dev and production and Cloud Automation through DevOps tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficient in scripting AWS AMIs deployment, bootstrapping and pre-baking AMIs with Packer
- Optimized Infrastructure by making using resources effectively and decreased cost of maintenance by Docker.
- Virtualized servers in Docker as per test environments and Dev-environments requirements and configured automation using Docker containers.
- Experience in Building/Maintaining Docker container-based clusters managed by Kubernetes using OpenShift container management platform, and Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Experience using Kubernetes for container management that runs Docker containerized applications in a cluster of EC2 instances in Linux Environment.
- Deployment and management of many servers via script, Udeploy and chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct substrate for implementation.
- Setting up the automation environment for Application team if necessary and help them through the process of build and release automation and automated deployments across all environments using Udeploy and Bamboo.
- Experience in writing Chef Cookbooks, Recipes in Ruby for Provisioning Dev, Test, Pre-prod, Production environments consisting of DB installations, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, Windows IIS.
- Experienced working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source, Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases.
- Done Orchestration and Configuration Management of middleware and applications deployment by writing Ansible Playbooks and pushing them into Environments
- Experience in all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing and scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis, Performance issues, Analytics and Test Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Worked in several areas of Jenkins like master/slave administrations, access controls, report generations, parameterized/triggered build setups etc.
- Experienced in Scaling Amazon RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Instances Vertically and Horizontally for High Availability.
- Bootstrapped and managed Ubuntu, RHEL, Centos and Windows virtual servers on AMAZON EC2 and VMware.
- Strong Scripting skills in Bash, PowerShell, Perl, YAML, JSON, Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments and for environmental changes.
- Experience on GIT and SVN to help manage and document all the changes to Application code and Configuration Management Code and having strong experience on source control concepts like Branches, Masters, Merges and Tags.
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using, SVN(Subversion), GIT, Bit bucket and TFS (Team foundation Server) for Windows Environment.
- Managed and distributed builds generated by Maven and ANT by using binary repos like Nexus and Artifactory.
- Used MAVEN and ANT as build tools on PHP and Java applications for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experience in deploying the code through Application, Static and Dynamic on servers Apache Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, Windows IIS, Web Sphere, Web Logic.
- Experience using Splunk Cloud and Enterprise for analyzing and visualize the data, automate log search and analysis.
- Experienced in Virtualization technologies VMWare, Virtual box, Vagrant for creating virtual machines and provisioning environments.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Log Trace Monitoring.
- Deployed Zabbix to monitor and alert the health of Nova, Neutron, Keystone and other Open Stack services.
- Experience working with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) stack to analyze and monitor log data.
- Configured dashboards in Elastic LogStash, Kibana (ELK). Used ELK to setup real time logging and analytics for Continuous delivery pipelines &, applications.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of Apache Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID , Postfix, Sendmail, FTP , Remote Access, Security Management Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS .
- Experience in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues and partially administered JIRA for issue management.
Sr Cloud DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Experience in GCP services such as App Engine, Compute Engine, Kubernetes Engine, VM Instance, Security scans, Firewall rules, Memcache, Snapshots, Metadata, Instance Templates, Healthchecks, Clusters, Storage, Workloads, Monitoring, VPC Network, Logging.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to Build, Test, Deploy.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers and Accessing the Prometheus Dashboard.
- Enable Auditing for Kubernetes Cluster and Monitoring the logs locally, depends on the namespaces required through metadata level.
- Container management using Docker by writing Dockerfiles and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- GCP Firewalls created through GCP console and REST API and defined at the VPC network with default and implied rules for sensitive information to restrict the access for data storage on virtual machines in VPC.
- Experience in implementing the tunnel between AWS and GCP Clouds for data transfer.
- Used Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to build, test and deploy applications on Google's very adaptable and solid framework for web, portable, and backend arrangements.
- Implemented GCP HTTP(S) load balancing with Google cloud storage buckets and added a cloud storage bucket to your load balancer.
- Monitored and managed the cloud infrastructure within AWS and Google cloud infrastructure. Configured the AWS DNS to route the traffic between AWS and GCP configured each tenant on the platform.
- Installed and monitor the Horizon and Swift Infrastructure using Prometheus Node Exporter and Configured Prometheus for Alerting for server monitoring and few other Application monitoring based on the requirements.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model
- Configured Jenkins Jobs to work with Udeploy for post-build kick-offs, configured app deployment process to Udeploy, which includes defining application/components, application processes, component template, resource mappings and Agent installation with assistance from WAS Admin/ DevOps Systems Team.
- Experience in working with several Docker components like Docker Engine, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in creating DockerContainers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Created and deployed Kubernetes pod definitions, tags, labels, multi-pod container replication. Managed multiple Kubernetes pod containers scaling, and auto-scaling.
- Automating Server Builds using Chef. Installed and configured Splunk on Linux servers for log analysis, Installed Altiris agent for patching on Windows servers.
- Deployed and configured Elastic search, Fluentd and Kibana (EFK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and X-Ray.
- Configured the logs using Prometheus locally and Forwarding the logs to Splunk using Fluentd.
- Worked on Atlassian Tools - Confluence, Jira, and ticketing tool Service-Now.
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Experience in designing and deploying a large application utilizing almost all of the AWS Services like IAM, S3, glacier, EC2, VPC, Route53, Cloud Front, CloudWatch, RDS, ELB, EBS, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail.
- Created snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMI) of the instances for backup and creating clone instance
- Hands on experience in serverless applications (Lambda functions) in python, node.js to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups
- Maintained DNS records using Route53 to Improve Fault Tolerant Connections and using Load balancer, Security groups and NACL's.
- Developed Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Developed Dev, Test and Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Ruby/Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS, etc., with Chef Cookbooks and recipes.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF, Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by Pivotal Cloud Foundry PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 Cloud using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Worked on Hashi Corp Packer by creating the packer files for updating the packages, patching work for the AWS AMI’s with the new versions which resolves the compatibility issues when refactoring the applications onto the AWS cloud.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (IAM,) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Implemented highly responsive Microservice applications for multi-channel enhanced customer experience, with Spring Microservices deployed on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) for highly scalable and agile backend infrastructure.
- Used Pivotal Web Services (PWS), which provides Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as a web service, which is mainly deployed on top of Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline integrating various tools with Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS.
- Configured Docker file with different artifacts to make an image and using Ansible Playbooks deployed those Docker images to different servers for running the applications on containers.
- Created and managed Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Worked on Docker cloud, Docker UCP (Universal control plane), Docker compose, Docker Swarm and all Docker images were stored in custom built Docker DTR.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps, deployments.
- Worked with Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments and developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Coordinated and assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git source control.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA project and maintained Jenkins with Continuous integration and Deployment.
- Experience in managing Jenkins for Build, Test and Deploy Chain, with Dev/Test, prod Branching Model for Weekly releases. Automated the deployments using Jenkins and its respective dependency Plugins.
- Responsible for Building Deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using Jenkins
- Built scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds, Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment, Implementing and managing Jenkins DSL job to automate the new job creation.
- Automation of new job creation by implementing and managing Jenkins DSL. Setup Jenkins master/slave architecture to use Jenkins as pipeline as service.
- Integrated ANT/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Implemented monitoring and logging of different application logs using ELK and Nagios.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log Facilitated Scrum ceremonies like Sprint planning, retrospectives, Daily stand-ups, etc. Stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2/ Elastic Load balancer (ELB) for Elastic search.
- Used JIRA as a ticketing tool to track the issues related to Dockerization of legacy apps and implement strategies to reduce common problems faced.
- Installed, monitored and configured applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues.
- Networking communication knowledge and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH.
- Created local repository to connect Linux server to RHEL site for downloading packages and patches.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Bash, Python etc.
- Worked on Group/User administration, Startup & Shutdown Scripts, Crontabs, File System Maintenance, Backup Scripts and Automation, Package management.
Environment: AWS (IAM, EC2, S3, Lambda, Glacier, VPC, EBS, RDS, ELB, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, CloudWatch), ELK, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Nagios, Python, ShellScripts, Udeploy, Bash, Ruby Unix/Linux environment.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Experience in Windows Azure Microsoft's cloud-based application platform for developing, managing, and hosting applications off-site.
- Experience in Azure Development, Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, and Notification hub.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, CloudServices, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure Express Route for Single and Multi-Subscription.
- Experience on implementing Azure Application Insights and OMS for monitoring applications and servers, Azure Application Insights to store user activities, error logging and Solution development for OMS Alerting and Remediation.
- Knowledge on Azure Active Directory, AD connect and syncing users from On-premises to cloud and Deployed Azure ADFS, Azure Active Directory integration and Single Sign On (SSO) for several enterprises using SAML 2.0 (Integrated many applications like Ariba sourcing, Ariba procurement, ADP, Mercer, Box, zScaler etc.,)
- Involved on Azure Table Storage and Blob on Azure Sql, created stored procedures, nested queries and triggers of the application and responsible of web application deployments over cloud services (web and worker roles) on Azure using VS and PowerShell.
- Worked on Azure Fabric, Micro services & Docker Containers in Azure. Ability to create scripts using Azure Powershell during automation and built-in process, used cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) with Microsoft Azure and expertise to orchestrate the jobs to and from Azure Automation.
- Hands-on AZURE, Migration of all servers from on-premises to Kubernetes containers & writing the scripts in Perl and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Experience in Git , Maven , Jenkins , Chef and Jira as tools for day to day build & release cycles.
- Collaborated with development and support team to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes. Worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to Schedule the builds.
- Used Python scripting for automation, highly scalable, build promotions for staging to production.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , Maven in multiple environments.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, DataBags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus), and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum).
- Remote administration and system configuration through scripting, Linux CLI (Bash, Perl, Python), SaltStack (Puppet), and Rackspace (OpenStack) console.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on WebSphere, Tomcat, WebLogic application servers Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process
Environment: AWS (IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Route 53, AMI, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CLI, CDN), Docker, Chef, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, AutoScaling, WebSphere, Route53, DNS, Bamboo Nagios, Udeploy, RHEL 5.11/6. x.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Auto scaling, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container service (Docker containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic file system, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM.
- Involved in designing and deploying a large application utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
- Configured a VPC and provisioned EC2 instances, EBS in different availability zones.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto Scaling launch configurations.
- Used micro service architecture, with Spring Boot-based services interacting through a combination of REST and leveraging to build, test and deploy Identity micro services.
- Backing up the instances by taking snapshots of the required servers regularly.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53 Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications in the agile process.
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using, SVN(Subversion), GIT, Bit bucket and TFS (Team foundation Server) for Windows Environment.
- Worked in GIT(GitHub/Gitlab) implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Initially used Puppet as a Configuration management tool and later started using the CHEF.
- Installed and Configured Chef Server, Workstation, Client servers and nodes. Written several recipes, cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, DataBags, Knife, Chef Server, Admin/Organizations.
- Designed, wrote and implemented Python script for taking automatic EBS snapshots of EC2 instances. Installed/Configured/Managed Chef Master/Agent.
- Wrote python scripts using Boto3 to automatically spin up the instances in AWS EC2 and OPS
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management and managing the infrastructure environment with Puppet.
- Creating puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Managed and deployed the software configurations using Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Managed Servers and Reports using Puppet through host groups and puppet modules and manifests.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Wrote puppet manifests from scratch for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and ElastiCache to perform basic database administration.
Environment: Shell Scripting, Puppet, Chef, Bit Bucket, Jira, Python, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Jenkins, Ruby, Chef, maven, GIT, Ubuntu, Centos, AWS, Elastic load balancer, S3, Cloud Watch, IAM, RDS, Storage Gateway.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential , Boston, MA
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Efficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multicomponent environment.
- Active member in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like DEV, QA, UAT and Production.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, Scrum Models.
- Worked on the configuration management tool Puppet for deploying the codes between different environments.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from Puppet-forge upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Migrated configuration management from Puppet to Chef.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java/J2EE Web applications using SVN repository.
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVN sync servers, changed rev properties for SVN sync.
- Automated the regular tasks in Subversion and Streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Built source code and created Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users using Maven scripts.
- Configured Jenkins with SVN for appropriate release builds. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Subversion.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using Ant Scripts and Jenkins.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build with Jenkins, chef.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT to schedule the builds.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary Plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed Shell/Bash/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Deployed the applications to Web Sphere Application Server 5.0/Jboss 4.x.
- Deployed code on WebSphere Application Servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit.
- Used Remedy ticketing system to interact with the team and to solve issues.
Environment: Linux, SVN, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Shell, Jboss, Tomcat, Puppet, Chef, WebSphere, Remedy, Python.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like DEV, QA, UAT and Production.
- Provide support for building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other LVM for other flavors of UNIX.
- Coordinate Environment Provisioning with various stakeholders.
- Implementing process to gather the metrics. Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues and outages
- Deployed the applications on multiple Web logic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities.
- Install and manage Tomcat, Apache Web servers.
- Worked with KVM Hypervisor to install, configure and maintain Red Hat Linux Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Created and scheduled Cron Jobs such as for Backup, System Monitoring and removed unnecessary files.
- Installation of patches and other software packages using RPM and YUM in Linux, pkgadd, pkginfo, pkgrm, patchadd in Solaris and swinstall, swremove, swlist in HP-UX.
- Worked with DBA's to install RDBMS database, restore and generate logs.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of NFS, FTP and Samba for file sharing.
- Built Linux servers using VMWare ESX and VMWare ESXi.
- Provided system support for 1000+ servers of SUSE Linux and Redhat Linux including routine maintenance, patching, and system backups and restores, and software and hardware upgrades.
- Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (vmstat, nfsstat, iostat etc) and tuned I/O, memory etc.
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, DNS, IMAP, POP, SSH, SQL, Shell scripts, Veritas NetBackup, Veritas Volume Manager, Samba, NFS, LVM.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER PYTHON
- Working in collaboration with project managers and higher management in cross-functional teams within Sales and Account Management, to understand business requirements and develop efficient, elegant approaches to their implementation.
- Involved in all aspects of the development process from product inception to scaling in production.
- Extensive use of version controlling systems like GIT and SVN.
- Wrote REST APIs, as part of developing web-based applications for insurance premium calculations, using Django's REST framework.
- Heavily leveraged Python's graphics APIs for creating graphics and serialization libraries for encoding data in XML/JSON formats.
- Also involved in writing REST APIs using Django framework for data exchange and business logic implementation.
- Design and implemented custom Bash scripts for controlling the data flow from the PostgreSQL database.
- Assisted the development team in sending the correct data via query strings using PostgreSQL as the back-end for storing data.
- Used Django configuration to manage URLs and application parameters.
- Responsible for configuring NoSQL databases like Apache Cassandra and MongoDB to for increasing compatibility with Django.
- Designed and created backend data access modules using PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Wrote SQL Queries and implemented stored procedures, functions, packages, tables, views, cursors, triggers.
- Responsible for debugging the project monitored on JIRA.
- Performed troubleshooting, fixed and deployed many bug fixes for applications that were a main source of data for both customers and internal customer service team.
- Risk analysis for potential points of failure (database, communication points and file system errors).
- Actively worked as a part of team with managers and other staff to meet the goals of the project in the stipulated time.
- Developed and executed User Acceptance Testing portion of test plan.
- Generated Django forms to record data of online users and used PyTest for writing test cases.
Environment: Python, Django, MySQL, SVN, Unit Test