- Experienced SDET - Software Development Engineer in Test with 8 years of experience in all the phases of SDLC, reviewing Business/Functional requirements, preparing Test plans, TestStrategy, TestScripting, creating TestScenarios, analyzing and preparing result summary report and Develop detail documentation of test cases for both manual and automation tests using selenium Suite to deliver the quality products in the domains of Telecom, Banking and E-Commerce etc.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments.
- Gained experience in testing Web applications, API Testing, Mobile Testing, BDD using testing tools like Selenium with Java, Cucumber, SoapUI, TestNG and Appium.
- Experience in Web page Automation Testing using Selenium Suite (WebDriver, RC, IDE, Grid), UFT/QTP.
- Experience in writing Test Scripts using TestNG which involves in-depth understanding of OOPS and HTML Knowledge.
- Hands on experience in core Java Object Oriented programming.
- Expertise in using Defect tracking and project management tools such as Jira, Rally, Bugzilla, ALM, and HP Quality Centre.
- Designed and Implemented different automation frameworks like Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework, and Hybrid Framework and POM (Page Object Model) for different projects.
- Experienced in using build automation tools such as Maven (to manage framework dependency jar files, build) and Ant for automating software build processes by configuring build dependencies in POM. Xml.
- Developed test scripts to implement Features, Test Scenarios and features for BDD and ATDD using Cucumber in Gherkin format.
- Used Version control tools like Git, SVN for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Working knowledge with functional testing, Cross Browser Testing using Selenium &TestNG to check that the web application works as expected in different browsers.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to locate Element and validate html IDs, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS Locators and DOM to identify web elements.
- Handled Ajax Requests and synchronization in Selenium using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Experience in handling Pop-ups with Selenium and AutoIt.
- Experience in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe.
- Used Selenium Utility Methods provided by Selenium APIs to Capture Screen shots of failed Test Cases.
- Experience in Handling Keyboard and Mouse events using Actions and Action classes.
- Experience in using Firefox Profile and Desired Capabilities for dealing browser Versions and Certificate errors in Selenium.
- Involved in functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL APIs using SOAPUI Tool. Validated Request and Response in XML, JSON Formats
- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications
- Responsible for planning Test Objective, Test strategies, Test Scenarios, Test procedures, Test Schedules, Tasks, Test Matrices, Test summary reports, documents for both automated and manual testing as per User requirements, System requirements and Functional requirements.
- Experience in White Box and Black Box testing for functionality and structural flow of an application.
- Strong working experience on Functional testing, GUI testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Positive testing, Negative testing, Boundary Value testing, Backend testing, End to End testing.
- Experience in writing Test cases and Test scripts for Functional performance testing.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries for data validation.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SVN, GIT, Appium, Appium Desktop, Protractor, SoapUI, Postman.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, SDLC, STLC.
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Server, Android Studio, Visual Studio .
Test Framework: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug.
Build Tool: Ant, Maven.
SDLC, STLC, Agile: Scrum, Waterfall.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center.
Test build,Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins.
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB.
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8,10),UNIX, Linux, Mac.
MS Office tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Actively participated in interaction with Business analyst and developers in order to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Developed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data, Test Procedure and Test Reports.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verifying the results with expected results, which should complain with the predefined requirements.
- Worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Java, Selenium WebDriver in TestNG.
- Good knowledge on JAVA OOPS Concepts , Exceptional Handling, I/O system, Java Reflection, Collections Framework, JDBC .
- Used JDBC to save and retrieve the pdf files using the database.
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Developed test scripts by identifying the web Elements through locators using FireBug and FirePathplugins.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing using TestNG on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox to simulate production environment.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing tests scripts.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG, XSLT Reports, Cucumber JVM and created the error screenshots.
- Maintained user documentation with Selenium output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Achieved synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Designed Selenium scripts to find, verify, select, edit and perform various operations on web elements.
- Developed Selenium scripts to get the data from the webpage by using the methods like getUrl, getTitle, getAttribute.
- Developed scripts to navigate to various iframes and to handle multiple windows and performed operations on the web elements.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API. Created automation scripts using Page Object Model(POM) and Data-driven development framework. Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the Git source control repository tool.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Continuous test integration and automatic build was maintained using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Served as coordinator for all testing activities on the project.
- Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on web page.
- Developed Test plans and Test Scripts, defined Test Scenarios, analyzed bugs and also, involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs are reported and closed
- Prepared Test Cases and involved in Test Data creation.
- Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios for functional modules.
- Involved in planning and assisted for quality assurance schedules and assignments. Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data.
- Implemented Page Factory model in to the data driven framework.
- Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using Jira.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Executed some test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites and groups.
- Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Used Selenium Grid to reduce the load of executing test cases on one machine and distributed to multiple nodes.
- Developed feature files and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber. Created the Features and Step Definition files to execute features, scenarios in Cucumber.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Used Jasmine and Protractor for End-to-End Testing of Angular2 application.
- Involved in performing mobile testing using tools like Appium on both IOS and Android applications functionality along with testing on various browsers using emulators.
- Used Appium Inspector to inspect Mobile Apps.
- Followed Agile Methodology, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum Meeting, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and Retrospective Review.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Created automation framework using Hybrid model framework and Data Driven framework to test web application. Thorough understanding of POM using page factory.
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Use Firepath and Firebug plugins for identifying all the web elements.
- Performed Back-End Testing to maintain Data Consistency, Integrity and Accuracy SQL Server and Sybase Server using EMBARCADERO.
- Sent daily status report (DSR) to the product manager and other stakeholders by configuring Jenkins.
- Maintaining the Selenium and Java automation code and resources in the SVN source control.
- Experience in developing BDD and TDD script with Cucumber and written step definition for Gherkn based features.
- Identified the Elements using Appium Inspector. Configuring the Appium for the Mobile IOS using Appium Test Scripts.
- Configured Appium for the Mobile Android Native App using Mobile Framework .
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screen shots and also used action class to perform mouse movement.
- Involved in Defect Management meeting and conflict management meetings on daily basis.
- Configured Jenkins built job for continues integration and also for regression testing.
- Analyzed the Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Design documents to ensure that the system met all of the technical and business requirements.
- Prepared detailed Test plan documents based on software requirements specifications and get it reviewed and signoff by the product owner
- Involved in testing process (Software testing life cycle), designing and developing validation plans and test plan document.
- Involved in Test Design i.e. prepared Functional, Smoke, Regression, E2E, Integration, System test cases and get it reviewed & signoff by the business to make sure that all the requirement has been captured in the test cases and nothing got missed.
- Designed Requirement Traceability Metrics (RTM) against each FR to confirm the test coverage.
- Executed Smoke, Functional, System, E2E, Regression test cases in every release and tracked the defect accordingly.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, Development team and Product owner in various phases of software lifecycle participated walkthrough meetings.
- Written Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and ATDD (Acceptance-Test Driven Development).
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium , Java and Selenium for Android applications using UI Automation viewer in Android Studio.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Protractor web drivers.
- Participated in Release planning, Demo, Daily standup, Walk-through, peer Reviews and Defect Report meetings periodically.
- Used Quality Center (QC), MKS Integrity, APPM project management tool for test case development, test cases execution and Defect logging.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Jenkins, SoapUI, Postman, HTML, XML, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, TestNG, Agile, Oracle.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr Agile Automation Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed TestScripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and implemented Regression Test to verify the existing functionality is affected and to check the configuration settings of the code.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing &System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Executed test scripts in headless browsers like Html Unitdriver and PhatomJS etc.
- Used AutoIt, Robot API tools in automation for Mouse movements, Keystrokes, Window control manipulations and print pop-ups which is not possible using selenium WebDriver.
- Have the ability to perform switch over to elements in iframes using WebDriver.
- Proficient in handling the SSL certificate error using Desired capabilities in all the web Browsers.
- Ability to perform Compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari and with different operating systems like Windows, Android, Mac OS.
- Ability to connect with the Database to execute SQL statements for validating data in the data table (Database testing). Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG and XPath.
- Performed acceptance testing using Cucumber.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Utilized role in mobile testing using Appium Mobile for testing client's mobile apps on the Android/IOS platforms.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using Rally as tracking tool
- Used Firebug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Customized Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Involved in developing feature files using Cucumber in JUnit.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like SVN, Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases. Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Experience in doing manual testing for Mobile application.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operation's team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: C#, ASP.Net, Java, XML, XSLT, Sybase Database, IIS, Manual Testing, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Soap UI, Cucumber, APPM (Project Management Tool), QC (Quality Center)
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Implementation of QA approach to ensure quality of a product and was involved in project planning and coordination.
- Implemented Complex Test case scenarios using regression tests, wrote the enhanced code for the corresponding test case and modified using QTP.
- Configured HP Quality Center in Agile environment , generated Test Sets & executed and documented the test results using HP Quality Centre.
- Used HP Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, Defect tracking and reporting.
- Created test coverage matrix for Regression and Smoke testing of the product.
- Controlled logging and tracking of defects; analyzed and maintained comprehensive defects reports using HP Quality Centre.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Handled issues in System testing and UAT
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database.
- Developed Cucumber suite for Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Test and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
- Dealt with Accessing Linksand Tables using Selenium WebDriver.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test execution & Results Reports .
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, JIRA, SVN, Maven, Jenkins.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls at different levels from QA, Developers and Clients.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
Environment:: Java, Windows, Quality Center, MS Office, SQL Server, HTML, XML.