- Around 6 years of IT professional experience which includes Cloud/DevOps Engineering, Build/Release Management, Linux administration and Cloud Management in all phases of SDLC and worked for various domains including Financial, Communications, Healthcare and understanding the business needs of the applications.
- I am an AWS Certified Developer with experience in solution architecting applications and running them in the Cloud and experience in network and security design for applications in the cloud. Also done extensive automation using cloud APIs and cloud SDK’s to create infrastructure programmatically in the Cloud.
- Proficient in an Industry Standard Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software testing life cycle (STLC).
- Excellent understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in installing, configuring, maintaining and admin various version control systems like Subversion, CVS, GIT, TFS, Clear case on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Good experience with compute nodes on UNIX platforms such as Linux, CentOS, Solaris, Ubuntu in automated operating system installations using AWS console, Kickstart, Jumpstart.
- Heavily worked on Bash scripting also on Perl, Python to automate the tasks by using scheduling.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python and Shell scripts with focus on CI/CD, AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, PowerShell, python.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers like Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Experience with Db's like MongoDB (NoSQL), Radis, MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL Server DB Tasks.
- Strong Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, KMS, Config, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier, ELB, AMI, ELK, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale, monitor applications in Data Centers and in AWS Cloud.
- Managed storage in AWS using Elastic Block Storage, S3, created Volumes and configured Snapshots.
- Experience in creating S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Experience in using ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, and Kibana) stack for network and server monitoring, storing the logs and visualizing them using Nginx.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elastic search ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK Stack.
- Proficient level of experience on DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Subversion(SVN), GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
- Experience with Source Control Management tools like SVN, GitHub, Bitbucket in adds, commits, deletes of codes.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile development in Git, Subversion.
- Managed the source code control of multiple development efforts using Clear Case, Subversion, TFS, Git, Github and CVS version control tools.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Developed CHEF cook books, recipes, Roles, attributes in Ruby to maintain, update configurations and deploy.
- Worked on Various Configuration Management tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet and Vagrant. Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, GIT, Perforce and Artifactory.
- Knowledge and experience in creating Jenkins Pipeline. Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Sonar, Make, CMAKE, Maven, ANT and experienced with build automation tools like Ant and Maven.
- Experienced with Docker container service and Docker applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Built CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins on kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build test and deploy on DEV and PROD environments.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts. Worked closely with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization and Docker build containers.
- Experience working with Docker (Engine, Compose, Swarm, Networks, Storage, Images, etc.) and Docker Management Utilities (Docker UCP, Rancher, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining version across environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms and used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code.
- Experience working with Network monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk. Maintenance of Splunk Environment with multiple indexes and configuring the index settings.
- Experience in Splunk GUI development creating Splunk apps, searches, Data models, dashboards and Reports using the Splunk query language.
- Experience on Splunk Enterprise Deployments and enabled continuous integration on as part of configuration management using Ansible.
- High exposure to JIRA tracking tools for tracking defects for Change management.
- Configured JIRA so that developers in their development environment would not have to log into JIRA to record their work, rather triggers from inside the code base will record events in JIRA.
- Strong knowledge on JIRA administration and JIRA workflow design and JIRA service desk.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Strengths include excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to provide solutions from a functional and technical perspective, meet deadlines, quickly build client rapport and be a team player.
Languages/Scripting: C, HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl.
Operating Systems: LINUX (RedHat, Centos), Unix, RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, make file, Hudson, Jenkins, BAMBOO, Code Deploy.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Gradle, Splunk, Ops Work.
Source/Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Code Commit.
Database: MS Access, SQL Server, MYSQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB.
Web Servers: Web logic, JBoss, IBM Web sphere, Apache tomcat5.5, IIS
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH.
Cloud Platform: AWS, Open stack and Microsoft Azure.
Issue Tracking Tools: ATLASSIAN JIRA, BUGZILLA, Mantis.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum.
Confidential, Brenham, TX
Sr. AWS Cloud & DevOps Engineer
- Maintained physical and Cloud infrastructure running Redhat/CentOS/Ubuntu/Solaris on AWS Cloud and x86, SPARC hardware.
- Managed LDAP to add, modify, delete user accounts, group accounts, net groups and service accounts across the regions globally.
- Test and apply operating systems, security patches and upgrades - Linux, Windows.
- Configured VMware and installed several Linux and Windows Operating Systems according to the client needs. Also involved in maintenance and Troubleshooting of VMware.
- Installs and manages HTTPD/HTTPS services on Linux production servers.
- Configures Linux network services like DNS, FTP, SFTP, SCP.
- Evaluating performance of EC2 instances their CPU, Memory Usage, IOPS, Network Usages and suggest appropriate instance type for the same.
- Working on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability and experience in working on cloud EC2, S3, RDS, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Designed highly available systems using multiple EC2 instances, AutoScaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Created custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Integrated ElasticSearch(ELK) with AWS deployment using Ansible to collect data from all database server.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elastic search ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK Stack.
- Deployed multi-tier Drupal applications on AWS using Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles, group variables and inventory files and copy and remove files on remote systems using file module.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Developed many roles and playbooks in Ansible and automated to build and deploy infrastructure using Ansible.
- Wrote ANSIBLE Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Worked with Apache Tomcat for deploying and starting application.
- Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Used Terraform to implement auto scaling, cloud watch in Jenkins.
- C onfigured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Used Jenkins to build jobs with Git repository and Maven for Continuous integration and automated Regression Test environment.
- Worked on creating repositories, Plugin management, snapshots, and deployment automation in Maven.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience in Installing Jenkins Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven Repository and Deployment of apps using custom modules through Ansible as a CI/CD Process.
- Experience on all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Managed Sonatype Nexus repositories to download the artifacts (jar, war & ear) during the build.
- Experience in testing/development/automation in a DevOps role on an Agile/iterative project team for the API Gateway.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Git Stash Repositories, views and the access. Used automated code check-outs in Git and created branches.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbook.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging and merge requests.
- GIT administration like providing access for branches and GIT repositories.
- Used GIT as source code repository and Involved in migrating from GIT to Bitbucket.
- Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration and Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, deployments.
- Pulled the relevant Docker images from the hub and created containers and deployed into Kubernetes Cluster.
- Deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using AWS, Docker Containers, Kubernetes and Ansible.
- Configured Kubernetes Plugin for Jenkins agents to be dynamically provisioned on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GKE utilizing Kubernetes helm and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Worked on the installation of Docker using Docker toolbox and setting up the automated build on Docker Hub.
- Worked on the creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and Dockers consoles for managing the application of life cycle.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST and PROD environments.
- Deploy Open shift Enterprise v3.x on Red Hat 7 environment and integration with Private Docker Registry.
- Used Jira 6.2 as our bug tacking tool and worked with the present administrator to make updates and consult on plugins.
- Used JIRA tool to create and update stories and for tracking project status.
- Involved in setting up the Splunk for creating dashboards, alerts and to monitor front end and middle ware applications.
- Knowledge in working with Splunk Authentication and permissions and having significant experience in supporting large scale Splunk deployments.
- Used Splunk to monitor the system logs as well as notify the incident management system upon exceeding thresholds.
Environment: AWS (Amazon web Services), EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, KMS, Config, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier, ELB, AMI, ELK, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling Apache Tomcat, Apache WebLogic, PowerShell Python, Ruby, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Docker, Nginx, Ant, Maven Jira, Splunk.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Working on AWS EC2 Instances creation, setting up AWS VPC, launching AWS EC2 instances different kind of private and public subnets based on the requirements for each of the applications.
- Secured the systems with Disk Encryption using the Ubuntu Security.
- Working on AWS Elastic Load Balancing for deploying applications in high availability.
- Working on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos.
- Implemented a lightweight security vault based on AWS instance roles, Cred stash and KMS, with a DynamoDB backend.
- Responsible for managing AWS infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VCP, NAT) and deployment and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Deployed cookbooks for all the services on Auto Scaling groups with different Environments created using Chef Server.
- Created AWS CloudFormation stacks and deployed the services using Chef by adding chef runlist to the Userdata of Instances and Cloudformation stacks.
- Configured and monitored multiple servers using Chef. Defined Chef Server and Workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Hands-on experience in using Chef with knife commands to manage nodes, cookbooks, chef recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates, run-lists, environments.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning. Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes, Testing of cookbooks with Chef-spec.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs, AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python) and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Provisioning Jenkins environment for continuous integration by easing build and testing tasks for developers.
- Configured security and added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Used Maven Dependency Management system to deploy the snapshots and release versions of code to the Nexus repository.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used Jenkins to kick off the builds move from one environment to other non-prod environments.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with Maven release plugins and managing artifacts in Maven internal repository.
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools using Python and Jenkins which provides easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes environment, utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, Test and Deploy.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Experience in working with container-based deployments using Docker, Docker images, Docker file, Docker Hub, Docker Compose and Docker repository.
- Worked on Docker Container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing director structures and managing containers.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in.
- Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Created repositories, branches, tags, users, groups in Subversion.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Merging release branches back to trunk after the production release and resolving of conflicts during merging in both CVS and Subversion.
- Extensive usage of Tortoise SVN in windows environment for version control activities.
- Worked on providing SVN access permissions to developers and other users to different SVN repositories.
Environment: AWS, AWS IAM, AWS S3, ELK, Route 53, AWS cloud watch, Bash, Shell Scripting, Python, PHP, Ruby, Nginx, ANT, Maven, SVN(SubVersion), Chef, Docker, Jenkines, Kubernetes, Java/J2EE, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Build & Release Engineer
- Installation, Configuration and upgrade of RedHat Linux, CentOS, Oracle Linux, SUSE, Solaris, Windows /2008 Operating System.
- Supporting infrastructure environment comprising of RHEL and Solaris.
- Automated repetitive tasks, deployed critical applications and managed change on several servers using Puppet.
- Experience in Developing KORN, BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Developed Puppetscripts for an automated server provisioning and reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes
- Used combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Open stack(Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI(Jenkins) developed a puppet module for automation.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Art factory repository.
- Developed Automation script to trigger push to production from Jira, invoke Build in Bamboo and deploy to target servers.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in to move from one environment to other environments.
- Set up customized monitoring with Nagios, &PNP4Nagios Graphs for the legacy and new environments.
- Involved in writing Ant and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring Linux Servers using Kickstart as well as manual installations and the recovery of root password.
Environment : Linux, Perl, Puppet, Bamboo, Nagios, PHP, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Vagrant, SVN, Ant, Bash, Power Shell.
Linux System Engineer
- Production Support. Worked majorly on WebLogic servers.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks. Supported the application 24x7, on-call basis.
- Deployed JAVA applications, jar files, in to Web Application servers like WebLogic and IBM WebSphere Application server.
- Worked on live servers using admin console and configured the logging of servers in the UNIX systems.
- Developed internal automation using Perl and Shell scripts and identified errors analyzing server XML logs.
- Have done deployments to configure Splunk forwarder in web application servers and used SPLUNK for log monitoring and to fetch logs.
- Experience developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Managed Oracle Enterprise Database. Have written queries to perform CRUD operations, to create Triggers and Procedures using PL/SQL scripting.
- Worked together with developer's using JIRA to fine-tune process and speed up the delivery process efficiently.
- Worked to design, develop, test and implement HPSM change requests. Used to be the spoc and communicated with other teams like QA, production, dev, testing etc., to get in-time approval for the change requests.
Environment: RHEL, GIT, SPLUNK, PL/SQL, HPSM, Web Logic, Perl, Java, super putty, Maven.