- Associated with IT industry for 8+ years of experience working as Cloud/DevOps Engineer,Middleware Engineer and Linux Administrator within environments like Linux/Unix and Windows to provide solutions to the complex issues using Virtualization, Integration and configuration Management tools, different Infrastructures (On - Premises Bare-Metal, privatized or Public Cloud) forServer Provisioning, Configuring, Monitoring, Disaster Recovery. Automated SDLC and implemented integration and deployment pipelines.
- Experience on complete software development life cycle ( SDLC ) with software development models like Agile and Waterfallmodel.
- Extensive working experience with AWS IaC (Infrastructure as Code) with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search and Cloud Watch
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on AzurePaaS storages like Blob SQL Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Interacted with Architect & implemented Cloud / Azure based systems as a part of POC in the patching process.
- Worked on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation of Resource groups, Web Applications, Azure Storage Blobs &Tables, firewall rules.
- Experience in Windows/ Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu etc.
- Worked on installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Red hat Linux, Suse Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Sun Solaris and some Windows Servers.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS , Microsoft Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ), Public and PrivateSubnets, SecurityGroups, RouteTables, ElasticLoadBalancer( ELB ).
- Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure using various resources, VPC EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS , Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud FormationJSON templates, Route53, Lambda.
- Worked on AWS for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavours viz., Oracle Linux, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and Solaris in both Linux and Windows.
- Created and deployed VMs on the Microsoft cloud service Azure , managed the virtual networks, Azure AD and SQL .
- Experience in maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket.
- Experience in development and deployment of applications using JBoss, IBM WebSphere Application and Apache Tomcat.
- Knowledge in Terraform as infrastructure providers, build images using Packer.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto-Scaling, Elastic Load Balance( ELB ) and AMI s and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef .
- Designed and implemented for fully implemented server build management, monitoring and deployment by using chef.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby , Shell/Bash , Perl, Groovy and Docker on familiar servers like Apache.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Created and updated puppetmanifests and modules , files and packages stored in GIT repository. Responsible for implementing Puppet for applications deployment.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Developed Playbooks using Ansible to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT repository, setup SCM polling for immediate build with maven and maven repository (Nexus Artifact) and deployed apps using custom Ruby modules through puppet as a CI/CD process.
- Worked on monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), CloudWatch.
- Experience in Installing, configuring Cloud Foundry Ops Manager, App Manager, Etc.
- Configuring and installing VMware Virtual Center servers and VMware Vcenter Appliance. Managed VMwareESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client. Created and deployed LVM , resized the logical volume and volume group.
- Monitoring the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 on call support rotation basis.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Linux-Ubuntu/Fedora, Windows 7/8/XP/10, AWS-Linux CLI
VPC, Route: 53, LDAP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SSH
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
Backup/Monitoring Tools: S3 (Simple Storage Service), Cron Jobs, Cloud watch, Splunk, Nagios
Source Control: GIT, SVN, Bitbucket
Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Virtualization/ Containerization Technologies: VMWARE, VSPHERE 5.5/6.0, VCENTER SERVER, AWS ECS, Docker Container services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Vagrant
Cluster Management: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Languages: Python, Shell scripting, Bash, Groovy
Web/Application Server: IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Jboss, WebSphere Application Server, Web Logic
Build and Deploy Tools: ANT, Maven, Graddle, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, TFS
Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, OpenStack
Web Technologies/ Programming Languages: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Python, Shell scripting
Agile: SCRUM, Waterfall, RUP, Xtreme
Project Management/ Bug tracking Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla
Confidential, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Experience as Cloud AWS Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Design, build, configure, test, install software, manage and support all aspects and components of the application development environments in AWS.
- Utilized AWS Cloud formation to create new AWS environments (e.g. Test) following best practices in VPC / Subnet design.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Created Terraform scripts for EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancers and S3 buckets.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using LogStash to output data to AWS S3.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB & EBS.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Automated deployment of application using deployment tool (Ansible). Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Continuous integration with Jenkins. Continuously evaluate and recommend improvement to CI/CD processes.
- Automate server configuration management & deployment process using Ansible
- We had used Ansible-Galaxy for Templates and modified as per our requirement. Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writing Ansible scripts.
- Implemented and maintained Ansible Configuration management spanning several environments in Vrealize and the AWS cloud.
- Worked on container based technologies like Docker and Kubernetes. Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Used Kubernetes for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps and deployments.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Developed RESTful API's, which takes in an HTTP request and produces the HTTP response in JSON Format using microservices. Server monitoring using Splunk, created custom Splunk, dashboards, and reports to reduce user requests.
Environment: Ansible, Jenkins, AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, SNS, SQS, VPC, Redshift, Cloud formation, CloudWatch, ELK Stack), python (BOTO API), Shell scripting, Ruby, Linux Administration, Microservices, Terraform, Ant, Cassandra, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, GIT, Splunk.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Azure/Devops Engineer
- Migrating Services from On-premise to Azure Cloud Environments. Collaborate with development and QA teams to maintain high-quality deployment.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux and Mac platforms and PowerShell for Windows systems.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to import the Logs data into SQL Server. Worked in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, and Auto-Scaling.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Worked as an administrator on Microsoft Azure and part of DevOps Team for internal projects automation and build configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, and resource groups.
- Installing the Applications Insights tool on the web services and configuring an Application Insight workspace in Azure. configured Application Insights to perform web tests and alerts.
- Experience on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Configured and Setup a chef development server to test pre-production chef cookbooks in an automation pipeline.
- Written Chef cookbooks and Recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant and Red Hat Satellite.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm.
- Implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution within OpenStack allowing for easy management, creation & recovery of OpenStack assets.
- Created clusters using Kubernetes Kubectl and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files.
- Configured Kubernetes Plugin for Jenkins agents to be dynamically provisioned on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Experience in deploying artifacts such as WAR and EAR using build automation tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle.
- Application performance analysis and monitoring, including but not limiting to tools like SPLUNK, SCOM, Dynatrace, Application Insights, setup alerts and monitoring for complex web application for the company.
- Familiar with OpenStack concepts of user-facing availability zones & administrator facing host aggregates.
- Provided continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline. Integrated Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Confluence and JIRA.
- Worked on AWS cloud to provision new instances, S3 Storage Services, AWS EC2, Cloud watch services and CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins. Support Design and implementation of the continuous delivery pipeline, using continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated environment provisioning.
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GitHub and assist the developers to fix merging issues and creating local, virtual repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using JFrog Artifactory tool.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch. Then store that logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- User management with build tools Maven to create JAR, WAR, EAR and documented build process, branching strategy and continuous integration design and setup along with deployment instructions for Dev and QA team.
- Configure continuous integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process.
- Worked with JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker and Depended on Confluence for documenting about the progress of Projects and Sprints.
- Installation, configuration, debugging and support of Atlassian tools Jira, Confluence and Stash. Set up customized Jira Projects, Workflow, Confluence Spaces and Jira permission and web-based status reports by using Maven, shell scripting.
Environment: Chef, AWS, Azure, Jenkins, Nagios, Java/J2EE, GIT, GitHub, WebLogic, Docker, Nexus, Python, Bash, Chef Server, Tomcat, CentOS, Unix, JIRA, Sonar, Linux, Bit Bucket, Agile, Perl, XML, JBOSS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Artifactory, SQL Client, open Stack, Salesforce.
Confidential, Boise, ID
Sr. AWS & DevOps Automation Engineer
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route53, Security Groups, Network Access Controls, AWS Elastic Load Balance, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation Templates and Auto scaling.
- Configured Autoscaling groups and elastic load balances for launching EC2 instances using cloud formation template, configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments.
- Experience in using AWS Lambda to execute code in response to triggers such as changes in data, shifts in system state, or actions by users and Lambda can be directly triggered by AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, and CloudWatch, or it can be orchestrated into workflows by AWS step Functions and this allows you to build a variety of real-time serverless data processing systems.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, NACL) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used DOCKER coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Ansible Server. for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Developed Web applications using Ruby, Python, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile , worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization, experience in installing Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Source code management is performed using Git from master repository and knowledge on Container management using Docker in creating images.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, and deployments.
- Worked on rolling back to an earlier deployment when instability happens using Kubernetes.
- In Docker container deploying micro services, and scaling the deployment using Kubernetes
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Shell (bash) to automate jobs.
- Using Python API for uploading all the agent logs into AWS.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Manage data collection using framework and Python applications.
- Build Python apps that allowed developers to build proprietary solutions without requiring standard components.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR'S, WAR'S and WAR'S managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Involved in editing the existing Ant/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Developed playbooks using Ansible. Automation agent's installation of Nagios on windows servers and Linux servers.
- Worked extensively on Ansible Playbooks and Scripting.
- Automated deployments to Linux, Windows servers using Shell and PowerShell scripts.
Environment: Ansible, AWS, GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN, MySQL-NoSQL Database, Web Logic, Python, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux(RHEL), Ansible, Stash, PowerShell, Windows XP, Oracle, JIRA
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Supervised the Devops team for infrastructure support on AWS cloud and designed a highly available secure multi zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation.
- Responsible for managing Ubuntu , Linux and windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open Source Chef Server.
- Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS cloud.
- Enhancement of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud in the scalable environment, which provides advanced security features such as security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level.
- Worked with Amazon Elastic Load Balancing which automatically distributes traffic across multiple Amazon EC2instances which enables to achieve fault tolerance in the applications.
- Incorporated Amazon Opsworks which is a configuration management tool that uses Chef to automate the servers that are configured and deployed across Amazon EC2 instances.
- Well versed with Amazon Route53 which effectively connects user requests to the infrastructure running on AmazonEC2 instances and AmazonS3 buckets .
- Responsible for providing an end to end solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Enabled the Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization and load balancer.
- Implemented CI/CD for all the Microservices of the OEM application using Jenkins.
- Experienced in use of Docker , Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Accelerated the Chef infra maintenance including monitoring and security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Expertise with all the aspects of Chef Concepts like Chef Server , workstations , Nodes , Chef Clients and various components like Kitchen.
- Developed writing Chef Cookbooks using the components like attributes, files, resources and templates.
- Advanced the automation for middleware installations and deployment activities by writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes.
- Launched and configured the Amazon EC2 Cloud servers using Linux AMI and Ubuntu AMI and configuring the servers for specified applications using Jenkins.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and established ANT and scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Maintained the interfaces and secure connections between Jenkins and CI/CD tools .
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef.
- Formulated in connecting continuous integration with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn's come from the developer.
- Initiated planning sessions for development and testing teams to simplify deployment activities.
- Developed various test cases to ensure proper testing is performed across all corners of application post deployment.
- Improved the virtualization for the servers using the Docker for the test environments and the dev environment needs.
- Wrote the Vagrant scripts to spin up servers on the developer work stations and created Vagrant windows and Linux boxes using Packer.
- Implemented the automated Nagios in Ops environment for alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef.
- Initiated the process of deployment for automation to Web Sphere servers by developing Python scripts.
- Working with JIRA to track project defects and tasks. Created Crontab scripts for scheduled jobs.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, Opsworks, VPC, Elastic Block Storage RDS, Python, Cloud watch, Docker, Linux AMI, AWS Elastic Load Balancer, Vagrant, Nagios, Auto scaling groups, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, Ubuntu, Windows server NT, Oracle server.
Confidential, Redwood city, CA
Build & Release Engineer/ Software Configuration Management
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Canter, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, Git Enterprise, and Open stack (Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI (Jenkins).
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Managed ANT project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Built CI/CD pipeline and managing the infrastructure as code.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on the configuring the Jenkins to use Meta CaseSoftware to build Javacode and to do the whole C.I process on the javacode generated by MetaCase.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Hierain Ruby.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Git, Ant, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, AWS, EC2, WebSphere, Putty, Confluence, Jira, Java, J2ee, Nexus Repository Manager, Python scripting, shell scripting, Ruby, Subversion.
Linux System Administrator
- Extensive knowledge of common protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, NTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and FTP.
- Building servers with Jumpstart / Kickstart , CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements.
- Proactively monitor production database tablespaces, instance, alert log, etc by utilizing Cron job and Linux bash script .
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling Cron jobs , enabling system logging and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Experience in working with monitoring tools like Nagios to trigger the event handlers to send a notification and act according to the script.
- Utilizing SAR, Netstat, Iostat and Vmstat for performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning, problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating volume groups, logical volumes and disk mirroring in HP-UX and Linux.
- Configured Kick-start for RHEL (4, and 5), Jumpstart for Solaris and perform image installation through network.
- Created virtual server on VMware ESX/ESXi and Oracle Virtual boxbased host and installed operating system on guest Servers.
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts using commands like awk, sed, tcsh, bash, ksh and perl to automate system admin jobs. Responsible for the operation, maintenance and integrity of a distributed, networked based environment.
- Perform both interactive and automated ( Kickstart ) installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux . Plan and execute RPM and YUM packages and update installations necessary for optimal system performance.
- Viewing and controlling the Processes running on the system and automating repetitive tasks. User Administration by creating, maintaining User's accounts and groups, setting up User environments.
- Manage file systems using software RAID and Logical Volume Management . Create Virtual machine using VmWare and KVM , automate disaster recovery planning and maintenance for the virtual environment.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and Redhat Linux .
- Utilize commands and utilities such as iptable, netstat, ping to implement operating system and network security.
- Setup auto mount to make storage available automatically when a user needs access to storage. Troubleshot fstab problems and applied the required steps to fix issue.
- Linux Administrator/Integrator role in a large team responsible for maintaining of Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11 .
- Installed and configured Linux virtual machines, standalone servers for various applications via kickstart, PXE.
- Handled DCR (Defect Change Request), MR (Maintenance Request) using JIRA for change control and ticketing.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl, Ruby, and Python& Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Installed and configured LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) for various new and existing applications.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP. Maintained Samba File Server for user authentication, syslog domain, and file sharing in linux/Unix.
- Managed TCP/IP packets &DHCP servers, resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients and worked with various TCP/IP implementations like NFSv4, NIS, DNS and DHCP.
- Setup Network File Services (NFS), Network Information Services (NIS) and protocols in Red Hat Linux.
- Set, Troubleshoot & fixed NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols in Linux clusters and application backups
- Worked on changing the application run time process using python scripts for WebLogic configuration and shell scripts for database configuration.
- Collaborate with all members of the technical staff in the delivery of best-in-class technology solutions. Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
Environment: VMware, Linux, UNIX, Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, SUSE Linux, LAMP, Python, RAID, LVM with Linux, Kickstart.