- A dedicated DevOps engineer with 8+ Years of experience in IT industry as DevOps/Agile operator, Linux Administrator, Build/Release Management, CI/CD pipeline, Software configuration management (SCM) and Cloud ManagementAWS.
- Strong experience on DevOps concepts like Build automation, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment(CD), Infrastructure as code technologies, Cloud computing etc.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and End - to-End automation for all builds and deployments.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT, GRADLE and Make file as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Strong knowledge in creating Jenkins CI pipelines to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Extensive Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools such as ANSIBLE , Chef , and Puppet .
- Extensive experience in writing cookbooks and recipes in Chef for the automation of middleware installations, domain creations and deployment activities.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests , ANSIBLE playbooks for the administration of several number of servers.
- Experience in deploying JBOSS, Apache Tomcat Web Server, IIS Server, Oracle WebLogic, and IBM WebSphere.
- Ability to debug , fix build issues across numerous Unix and Windows platform.
- Experienced in performing installation and configuration of Nginx + Apache servers and their web development and deployments by using PHP, .NET, and JAVA.
- Knowledge on Vagrant, Docker &Kubernetes based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of env’s delivery for releases.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry Configured Nginx based load-balancing for QA services, to avoid download for testing.
- Experience working with Cloud computing such as AWS which includes creating virtual instances(EC2), configuring Auto scaling, building S3 buckets, Glacier for storage and backup, EBS, IAM, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, AMI cloud Watch, EMR, Amazon EKS, Cloud Formation(CFT) etc and Terraform.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Expertise in scripting languages like Python , Ruby , Perl , Shell , Bash , familiar with the Storage, Networking Concepts, and PowerShell commands, experience in Created automated PowerShell scripts for web app deployment.
- Experience in Configuring and administration of Monitoring tools like Nagios , Splunk .
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), creating branches, tags, merging, giving user permissions in both GIT, SVN.
- Extensive experience in build and deployment of large scale source code which includes C++, Java/J2EE, web applications by invoking build, deployment plugins in automation tool.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, Bugzilla.
- Knowledge of working under various protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, UDP, TCP/IP and SMTP.
- Experience in developing REST services and SOAP based web services using WSDL, XML, XSL.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL-Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- In depth knowledge on working of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Methodologies, exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC).
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson.
Virtualization Technologies: Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes.
SCM Tool: Git, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Bit Bucket.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Web sphere, Nginx.
Languages: Shell, C, C++, Java, J2EE, ASP.net, Power shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP.
Database System: SQL DBA, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, Oracle PL/SQL.
Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure
Web Technologies: CSS, HTML, HTML5, SOAP, XML
Testing tools: JUnit, Cucumber.
Bug reporting tools: Jira, Bugzilla.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Ruby and Python.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios.
- Involved in designing & deploying applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB,SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation
- Involved in gathering the client requirements, creating the client servers Linux and Windows (Ubuntu, RHEL, windows) hosted in cloud, configuring, and maintaining the launched instances with respect to specific applications, solving the issues raised with the instances and firewall setup.
- Performed Provisioning of IaaS and PaaS Virtual Machines and Web apps, Worker roles on AWS
- Involved in developing the cloud formation templates CFT using JSON format to maintain the whole infrastructure.
- Deployed and configured Elastic search ELK, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Involved in implementing deployments into AWS EC2 with the help of Terraform.Terraform is an ideal tool for building and managing these infrastructures. Terraform will ensure the database tier is available before the web servers are started and that the load balancers are aware of the web nodes. Each tier can then be scaled easily using Terraform by modifying a single count configuration value.
- Managed Ubuntu, RHEL(Linux), Windows virtual servers on AWSEC2 using ANSIBLE, involved in writing an ANSIBLE playbook from scratch to upgrade these servers in serial to reduce the downtime of running sites.
- Wrote ANSIBLE Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of OpenStack Nodes and test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python& configure Hadoop services in cluster.
- Managed and reviewed Hadoop and HBase log files. Installed/Configured/Maintained Apache Hadoop clusters for application development and Hadoop tools like Hive, Pig, HBase, Zookeeper and Sqoop.Set up automated processes to analyze the System and Hadoop log files for predefined errors and send alerts to appropriate groups.
- Worked with Cassandra NOSQL Database to configure failover clustering, configuring Apache Spark jobs on EMR clusters. Deploying map reduce code by creating job flow in Amazon EMR console
- Working on GIT Hub to store the code and integrate it to ANSIBLE to deploy the playbooks and managing servers and Docker containers with OS/Applications/Services/Packages and keep them in a loop.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS cloud configuration.
- Deploying with Docker from our workstation to AWS EC2 which includes build occurs during deployments, with deployment scripts and update scripts and for all applications at the same time.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Also, deploying using Docker-compose to deliberately test on these containers to push the configuration changes to production servers without conflicts on databases.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization and maintaining Docker Images and containers.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Maintaining RESTful microservices, these services/APIs are exposed to the web and distributed over different networks
- Well versed with setting up tools like Splunk to ensure proper monitoring & alerting is in place for every sprint releases.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Worked with Installation and Configuration of networks, router/switches configuration and wireless access point/router with security, TCP/IP, VPN, SSH, Content Filtering, Access Control Lists on router/switches.
- Setting up and maintaining DNS Primary, Secondary, Cache-only servers, DHCP servers and DNS clients
Environment: AWS, EC2, ELK, Auto scaling, VMware, S3, Route53, Lambda, EMR, RDS, EKS,Cloud Formation CFT, Ubuntu, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, ANSIBLE,Cassandra, Spark, Splunk, Hadoop, Jira, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, JAVA/J2EE Applications, Terraform, Python, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Linux RHEL (6,7), Windows.
- Design, Plan and create Azure virtual machines, Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Script, debug and automate PowerShell scripts to reduce manual administration tasks and cloud deployments.
- Configure data sync and migration of database to and from Premise /Azure SQL DB
- Configure database replication from on premises to Azure SQL DB
- Installing windows roles, features and deploying applications using PowerShell scripting.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation server) for versioning and code merges.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git, GitHub, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Worked on various applications to build MSI packages and Transforms, Merge Modules and Patches Created software packages using PowerShell 3.0 for silent installation
- Extensively worked with Orca to edit the MSI tables and Merge Modules according to the package requirement using FlexeraAdminStudio 11 on Windows 7
- Experience workwing with WIX, VNext and windows imaging.
- Capture an image of a Virtual Machine. Attaching a Disk to a Virtual Machine. Manage and create Virtual Network and End Points in Azure Portal.
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in Windows Azure and setting up communication Network Security Groups.
- Working experience in setting up cluster environment for load balancing and high availability of Windows servers.
- Well-versed with installation, configuration & administration of Microsoft Windows 2008R2/2012R2 Servers.
- Created user accounts, modified and deleted according to the environment using user administration in Active Directory.
- Deployed NSGs, VMs in a resource group using PowerShell.
- Deployed new VMs for Development and Test Environment using PowerShell.
- Continuous integration with Jenkins and Bamboo for End-to-End automation for application build and deployments. CI/CD.
Environment: FlexeraAdminStudio 11, Windows XP/7, VMWare 9.0, PowerShell 3.0, AppDNA, WIX,Orca, SCCM 2007, App-V 4.6, VB Script, Active Directory, Altiris, Windows Server 2010, ITSM 7, WIX, MSI, VNext, CI/CD, TFS., Jenkins, Nagios, Jira, Mongo DB,Cassandra, Redshift, VM Ware, ANT, Maven, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Red Hat Linux (RHEL), Windows, Html.
Confidential, Reston, VA
DevOps AWS Engineer
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identityand Access Management (IAM).
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets per the priority basis.
- Managed hardware, software, networking for a large-scale cluster on Amazon EC2.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Ops works
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Used Maven for doing Java build involving over 5000 JAR files and 2-week build schedule.
- Created Clear Case configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process
- Decent knowledge on Dynamo DB and Amazon EMR.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven & Nexus as tools
- Creating CHEF recipes for a Proof of Concept.
- Installed and Managed Nexus Private repository manager for handling dependency management.
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to build and Release Team.
- System monitoring with Nagios & Graphite.
- Deploying Java Enterprise applications to Apache Web Server, JBoss Application Server Highly skilled in the usage of data center automation and configuration management tool such as Docker.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Business data analysis using Big Data tools like Splunk, ELK.
- Installed and configured MySQL and oracle database on Linux servers.
- Initial troubleshooting and resolution of network connectivity issues. Experience in documenting processes and procedures followed in fulfilling a task.
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing R&D.
Environment: RHEL Chef, Vagrant, Subversion (SVN), ANT, Maven, JIRA, Shell Scripts, WebSphere Server, Docker, Splunk, Nexus, Clear case, Python, Nagios, Graphite, AWS EC2, S3, Bash Scripting, Active Directory, Apache, Tomcat.
Confidential, Centreville, VA
Sr AWS DevOps Engineer
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using AWS EC2 &, Docker.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar server like Apache.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud formation JSON templates.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Lambda, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins/Maven and Continuous delivery environment.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Develop PowerShell, Python and Linux scripts for Chef and U-Deploy/Octopus to build end to end automations.
- Setup and installed RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu, Solaris servers.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Rundeck and deployment automation .
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bitbucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in BitBucket.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic BeanStalk.
- Implemented a CD delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitLab/GitHub with Amazon Web Services AMI’s.
- Installed Docker registry for local upload and download of Docker images and from Dockerhub.
- Evaluated and Implemented the software and the infrastructure for the company-wide private container cloud solution based on Kubernetes, Docker and Python.
- Initiated Microservices application through Docker and Kubernetes cluster formation for scalability of the application.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions
- Implemented a continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Ansible, Git version Control, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Nagios, Subversion, JIRA, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Groovy, Shell scripting, ANT, U-Deploy, Jenkins, Chef, Web Sphere, Kubernetes, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, SDLC, Docker, Windows.
Confidential - Elsegundo, CA
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux& Windows, on intel-based servers locally or with the kick start.
- Performed day-to-day jobs such as monitoring log files, writing and running the scripts to automatically watch the resources, CPU, memory, I/O, and paging space.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of job, system monitoring and error reporting.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux/ Windows.
- Troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems related to operating system, application, servers, desktops.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production
- Involved in the maintenance of different network services such as TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and print servers as per the client’s requirement.
- Worked with scrum & Agile development teams to deliver products & service in time.
- Performed deployment, ongoing maintenance & configuration of systems for maximum availability, security, performance, and documentation in a Linux based production environment.
- Creating and maintenance of Virtual machines in opens ESX, Worked on different VMware products like VMware workstation, GSX/VMware server, VMware player, VMware Converter.
- Involved in maintaining proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL), CentOS, MYSQL, MS Windows Server, Solaris, shell scripting, VM ware.