- 7 Years of experience in IT industry comprising of DevOps/Cloud Engineer, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Cloud Management, Containerization, Deployment and Tool Engineering in Agile Environment.
- Expert as a DevOps / Build & Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, managing as Configuration Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations, involved in designing and deploying utilizing AWS stack like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, SQS, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS, Route 53.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using Ansible configuration management tools and Created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center .
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation .
- Experience working with continuous delivery and build clouds with Openstack and AWS .
- Experience of Microsoft Azure which includes Creating PaaS builds, PaaS deployments, Storage - Accounts, Queues, CDN , ARM templates , Azure Service Bus.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell .
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN (subversion) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience in Technical and Functional side of the Team Foundation Server Components (Source Control, Work Items, TFS Builds, Reporting, SharePoint).
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as JAR, WAR & EAR.
- Strong knowledge / experience in creating Jenkins and Bamboo CI pipelines and good experience in automating deployment pipelines.
- Application Deployments and Environments Configuration using Chef, Puppet & Ansible .
- Built multiple cookbooks in Chef . Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Written Ansible playbooks for configuration management and multi-machine deployment.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Handle customizing, maintaining, upgrading and tuning of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Stash, Crucible).
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, swarm and clustering frameworks.
- Experience in the PaaS service like OpenShift provided by the redhat and Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Worked on Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Good experience of working under various protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, POP, FTP, TCP/IP and SMTP.
- Experienced in performing installation and configuration of Ngnix + Apache and php server configuration.
- Experience working with log monitoring tool ELK Stack (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana).
- Worked with monitoring systems and tools like Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch etc.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell scripting on Linux & Windows.
- Developed PowerShell, Python and Linux scripts for Chef and uDeploy to build end to end automations.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, mail, FTP.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
Operating System: UNIX, RedHat, CentOS, Solaris, Ubuntu Windows Server
Automation Tools: Dockers and Vagrant
DevOps Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT (GitLab, GitHub), CVS, Perforce, BitBucket
Monitoring Tool: Nagios and Splunk, New relic
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services, Azure and Openstack
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Shell Scripting, Java Script, Powershell
Repository Manager Tools: Nexus
Server Management: AWS, IaaS, VMWare, VSphere, VCenter
Web / Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, AWS, Nginx
SDLC: Agile/ Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgresql, Aurora postgresql
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Working on the Cloud Infrastructure priorities and backlog with various product managers, project managers, Developers and engineers.
- Executed ticket-based requests with little or no additional help.
- Improved operation issues of the infrastructure through better use of monitoring, cloud coding and scripting best practices.
- Worked with 3rd party managed Cloud services to ensure Confidential is benefiting from such services.
- Worked on major applications migration from datacenter to AWS . Successfully migrated complex applications with no major issues or customer impact ( Web/Front-end Platforms ). designed and build of a complex hybrid environment using AWS services Ec2, RDS, Route53, S3, EC2, EFS, Elastic cache and VPC . and DevOps tools like GIT , Ansible, Bamboo, Docker .
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, CentOS 7, Ubuntu 14.04, and 16.04.
- Performed data migration from on premises environments into AWS and between different Environments on AWS.
- Created Security Groups, Route53 CName, load balancer and launched Ec2 instances using Cloud formation templates.
- Worked on the AWS Infra to build a script and which can be connected with various tools such as CloudFormation and Ansible to build the Environment inside of an AWS via code.
- Created AMI, volume snapshots, and RDS snapshots. Worked on Restoring database to point in time and creating new database from snapshots.
- Worked on development and implementation of both MySQL and PostgreSQL databases using CloudFormation templates. manage database backup and recovery.
- Migrated Postgresql databases from on prem to AWS Aurora and AWS RDS postgresql using Bucardo method without any loss of data.
- Performed PostgreSQL Privileges & User Management : Creating Users, granting privileges, creating views, sequences, schema management and updating statistics of a databases. Resolved PostgreSQL database performance issues.
- Creating/Managing DNS records on Amazon Route 53 . Structured massively scalable web application for the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) service and provided public/private DNS names to elastic load balancers DNS names using Route 53.
- Created IAM users, roles and worked on cross account S3 bucket, AMI’s Access.
- Create/Managing buckets on S3 (CLI) and store db and logs backup, Artifacts back up for bamboo and jenkins.
- Copied/synced large amount of data (56TB) from Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) to EFS mount efficiently. created Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) service using cloud formation and mounted to Ec2 instances by using Ansible provision to provide simple, scalable file storage for use with Amazon EC2 instances.
- Deployed and supported Memcache, Redis, Elastic Cache .
- Used VMImport/Export Service to migrate on premise Virtual machines to AWS.
- Designed and Implemented Bamboo (master/slave architecture) on AWS cloud. migrated existing pipelines from on prem to AWS and created new CI/CD pipelines.
- Worked on integrating bamboo and Ansible, used bamboo as continuous integration and Ansible to deploy code.
- Updated build pipelines to store artifacts on S3 bucket as back up. Automated release versioning tagging on bamboo.
- Created CI/CD pipeline in the Jenkins and ran the build by integrating with GitHub repository by using ansible build and deploy scripts. Stored the build Artifact to S3 bucket in AWS cloud.
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Bamboo, Docker and Ansible. writing various custom Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Worked extensively on automation engine Ansible that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration .
- Used ansible-vault to encrypt passwords. Created Ansible playbooks for different environments and particular servers for release and converted puppet modules into the Ansible Playbooks. automated repetitive tasks using Ansible and for quickly deploys to critical applications.
- Experienced in using Docker for virtualization, containerizing, and deploying the applications securely to fasten the Build and Release Engineering, performed automation tasks using Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Docker Compose and Docker Registry.
- Sound knowledge on Monitoring Tools such as New Relic (Infrastructure, APM, Synthetic) and CloudWatch for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring and track user API activity with CloudTrail and CloudWatch.
- Worked on splunk to store web servers access/error logs and automated it with ansible.
- Worked on Rundeck to execute set of commands, scripts to Ec2 instances (Restarting apache, some cron jobs).
- Installed, configured Apache, Nginx Webserver with Ansible on Ec2 servers. Configured SSL certificates for both.
- Experienced in performing installation and configuration of Ngnix + Apache and squid application
- Configured, and maintained Apache web server from open source with Java and Tomcat
- Configured websites, website redirections and proxy pass setup on apache, nginx and squid.
- Developed Python, Shell, bash scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Hands-on development experience and a strong passion for the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP) development stack.
Environment: Java, Python, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Squid, Varnish, JIRA, bash, Shell scripting, MySQL, Postgresql, Ansible, AWS RDS, EC2, VPC, Subnet, Security Groups, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Elastic Cloud, Jenkins, bamboo, Bitbucket, GitHub, New Relic, Docker, Rundeck, Ununtu, CentOS.
Confidential, Miami, FL
DevOps / AWS Engineer
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMware Vm's as required in the environment.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in AmazonGlacier.
- Managed storage in AWS using Elastic Block Storage, S3, created Volumes and configured Snapshots.
- Configured Inbound/Outbound in AWS Security groups according to the requirements.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups. Extensively automated the deployments using AWS by creating IAMs and integrated the Jenkins with AWS plugins to pipeline the code.
- Developed API for using AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS and Gitflow methodology.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS CloudFormation Templates, Chef, and Ansible.
- Designed and implemented automated provisioning of full stack application services (VPC, Security Groups, Instances, ELB) in AWS using Terraform.
- Created database objects in AWS Redshift. Followed AWS best practices to convert data types from oracle to redshift.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos. Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Build Java code and .NET code on different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Used Chef Knife, Ohai to create cookbooks and recipes to install packages that automate with Linux Setting up Chef Cookbooks to perform builds and deployment management.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages
- Worked on scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs. Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Experience in AWS Ansible python script to generate inventory and push the deployment to manageable configurations of several servers using Ansible.
- Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks using Python SSH as Wrapper for managing Configurations of Test Playbooks and OpenStack Nodes on AWS instances using Python.
- Integrated Docker with Ansible and Chef. Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely for fasten the build/Release Engineering.
- Created, managed and performed container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together.
- Worked on creating Docker image though a Dockerfile via Jenkins and deploying the docker image on Openshift .
- Worked with Amazon AWS/EC2, Docker based cluster management environment Kubernetes .
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Created watcher to keep watch on Service Registry and create Kubernetes services for corresponding Database Services.
- Experience on Kubernetes and deploying Microservices on containerized based deployment platform .
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in using Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers.
- Managed and monitored the servers and network infrastructure using Nagios thoroughly.
- Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Developed a PowerShell script which collected configuration data from the VMware environment to ensure conformity and stability.
- Performed numerous server migrations on both Linux/Unix and Windows servers. Migrations include moving all clients and their data, configuration settings, testing and verifying everything is correct with zero downtime.
Environment: Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Nagios, Amazon EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, SES, SNS, Maven, GitHub, Python, Ruby, JIRA, Kickstart, VMWare Templates.
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS Command Line Interface for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Build AWS Cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Integrated AWS DynamoDB using AWS Lambda to store the values items and backup the DynamoDB streams.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end server.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS MySQL DB cluster.
- Used AWS BeanStalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python and Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Migrated SVN repositories to GIT and administrate GITLAB to manage GIT repositories.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory).
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Puppet framework and tools to automate the Cloud deployment and operations.
- Created and maintained Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process. Deployed Puppet and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deployed a multi-tier web application on to AWS cloud and automate the required configurations using Terraform and Puppet.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Used Puppet to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Wrote python scripts to deploy java applications from Jenkins to remote server.
- Implemented Power Shell scripts that automated creation of contacts from Active Directory users and updating of address books -increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Maintained all the Linux environments for deployments and Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Experience in using Nagios for monitoring the infrastructure and improving the performance of servers.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins, Git, AWS, Tomcat, JBoss, Docker, Nagios, JAR, WAR, Nexus, VMware VCenter, VMotion, ESXi.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Managed source code repository, build, and release configurations, processes, and tools to support daily development, test, and production build and software deployment operations.
- Created and Maintained Subversion Branching, Merging and Tagging across each Production releases and perform builds using Hudson Continuous Integration using Maven Scripts.
- Maintained and administered source code repository Subversion and designed versioning strategy in TFS to support parallel development for multiple releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts, Batch Scripts Deployment to staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & rar from source code.
- Managed deployment automation using Chef, MCollective, Hiera and Ruby.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Managed configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef .
- Maintain Chef and Puppet servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Involved in installing Puppet client on Red hat & Solaris servers for Automation purpose.
- Implemented and maintained puppet configuration management across two divergent service offerings (legacy and current generation) spanning several environments in the AWS cloud .
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Configured S3 to host static web content including HTML pages, images, CSS files and Java script files and involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in the glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups. Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
Environment: Chef, puppet, Git, Hudson, Maven, AWS, EC2, S3, RDS, WEBSPHERE, ANT, python, Java, JIRA
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
DevOps Engineer/Chef Developer
- Administered Linux System (RHEL) and Version Control Tool Subversion.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Implemented Azure Application Insights to store user activities and error logging.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories. Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories , views, and the access control strategies.
- Assisted developers in establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) source control.
- Configured Team Foundation Server (TFS 2010) Build server and automated the build process by defining build definitions.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool Bamboo for end-to-end automation of various build and deployments.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using Bamboo.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and Migrated to MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system .
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles, databags in Chef for better environment management.
- Implemented Chef best-practices and introduced Food critic, Bookshelf and Test Kitchen to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work flow.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins and Chef.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues
- Automated deployments to Linux, Windows Servers using Shell and PowerShell Scripts.
- Worked as a System Administrator for the Build and Development process on the Enterprise Server.
- Developed scripts in PERL and Shell Scripting for automation of frequent/ repeated tasks which are susceptible to errors.
- Installed and configured RHEL for Application Servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Oracle and RAC environments.
Environment: RedHat, Subversion, JIRA, Bamboo, Maven, WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, VPN, VMWare, Teradata, PowerShell, Antifactory, Kickstart, YUM repo
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked closely with Project Managers and developers to understand a code/configuration release scope and participated in the release cycle of the product, which involved environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Worked in creating WebSphere Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production
- Used Perforce version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Created and implemented Continuous Integration plan in Linux based environments
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Developed comprehensive Hudson / Jenkins command line tool, vastly increasing Efficiency and accuracy of common, repetitive tasks.
- Monitored daily support tasks related to version control and new pipelines setup for multiple applications.
- Automating the test cases to run on scheduled basis by integrating the job on Jenkins pipeline.
- Involved in writing Perl and Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Good command in writing ANT scripts for making all the files local to the server.
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager to share the artifacts between the teams within the company.
- Participated in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Worked with Jira, a tool that handles DCR (defect Change Request) MR (Maintenance Request)
- Involved in working with WebSphere App server admin console for deploying applications.
- Communicated with all levels of engineering, management, development and test teams.
Environment: Java, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, Perl, Shell scripting, SQL Server 2008, WebSphere, Perforce, ANT, Maven, Hudson.