- Linux - savvy Python backend developer skilled in automation and distributed systems operations.
- Seeking a DevOps role where I can apply my development skills and gain experience in distributed systems architecture, container orchestration, and CI/CD pipelining.
- Linux/UNIX backend applications development using Python (+Django), Bash, Java, C, Pro*C.
- Extensive experience in ops automation, most recently using Ansible.
- Implementation and analysis of systems monitoring tools and data, general Linux server administration (mostly RHEL5-7), application server and database architecture design.
- Schema design, deployment, and maintenance of databases: Vertica, MySQL, Oracle, Redis, Zookeeper.
- Version control in Git and Subversion (wrote a custom python SVN module).
- Virtualization in Vmware, exposure to containerization using Docker.
- Delivered a Python application which implemented CMTS performance optimizations based on performance-test results from customer D3.1 cable modems.
- Developed parsers & APIs to translate output from a CableLabs-developed profile optimization library into CMTS CLI configuration commands.
- Used pexpect for CLI interaction - CMTSs lack APIs.
- Created a proof-of-concept system for performing these optimizations continuously, running each component as a Docker microservice.
- Developed strategies for acquisition and ETL of petabyte-scale medical data from a variety of public repositories into an on-premises object storage “data lake”. Authored a suite of Bash scripts to acquire a subset of this data for use in a proof-of-concept system.
- Project aimed to build a platform for sharing data between cancer research/treatment institutions and the execution of genomic analysis models to predict the efficacy of gene therapies in clinical settings.
- Worked with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, gene/cell biologists, and SW architects/developers.
- Developed and provided on-call support for infrastructure monitoring tools and integrations surrounding the Service Performance Database (SPDB) system - a company-wide metrics clearinghouse.
- Complex OSS-based codebase consisting of pollers, relays, integrations, aggregators, and web UIs. Backed by Vertica, MySQL, Kafka, Redis, Zookeeper. Primary languages used were Python, Bash, Java, Ruby, Perl. Automation of ops tasks with Ansible playbooks.
- Major projects: A Python/Django config generation and distribution backend for our host monitoring solution, including a full-featured Subversion module; data integrations with 3rd party APIs, a Zookeeper caching/mirroring daemon, and a multi-DB routing module for Django.
- Worked with a geographically-distributed team across all US timezones, using Slack and video meetings for collaboration. Heavy focus on automation, monitoring, and use of Scrum/Kanban for planning. Team mission: develop low-cost, FOSS-based alternatives to COTS monitoring solutions.
- Supported a grants application management system for the USAC Schools and Libraries Program.
- Maintained existing web applications (ASP/ASP.NET), UNIX batch programs (Pro*C, C, shell scripts), and Oracle DB objects. Used SVN & TFS for versioning; JIRA for bug/project tracking.
- Designed, developed, documented, and supported new .NET 4.0 web applications.
- Performed research/analysis of the existing codebase to guide refactoring and future development efforts.
- Worked with Confidential and USAC analysts in requirements gathering for new change requests.
- Designed a website (www.nomadicrootsfestival.com) with PHP, JS/jQuery, CSS, and XML. Also used Photoshop to design custom graphical elements.
- Provided continuous support as well as updates for each iteration of the festival.
- Established and maintained a central role in redesigning/converting C2Build, C²’s web-based courseware CMS from ASP to ASP.NET 3.5 (C#, SQLServer 2005). Worked with a team of 3 other programmers (2 off-site), using SVN to version code & database schemas. The new version, C2BuildPro, provided for richer content and a much-improved workflow for both designers and reviewers.
- Designed a new module for creating dynamic Confidential within courses in C2Build. The module generates IMS QTI 2.1-compliant XML defining tests and their questions; a JS engine handles the test display/scoring.
- Created custom Confidential modules for the county’s public and internal websites.
- Prepared tax documentation and financial reports in Crystal Reports.
- Migrated a database of archived proffers transaction records from DB2 to both Access & SQL Server DBs.