- 8+years of progressive experience in IT industry with good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile development methodology, Test Driven Development (TDD) , Continuous Integration (CI) , Continuous delivery, Continuous Deployment (CD) .
- Experience in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation.
- Experience on DevOps tools such as GIT, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Virtual box, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN.
- Knowledge in Linux Administration, Networking, Storage, and Cloud technologies.
- Experienced in Amazon AWS Cloud infrastructure services like EC2, VPC, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM, RDS, SES, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Elastic Load Balancers and Cloud Trial.
- Creating Cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of software’s through Power Shell scripts
- Experienced in using configuration management tools Puppet, Chef and Ansible .
- Developed Puppet modules , Chef Cookbooks and Ansible Playbooks to automate applications.
- Experienced in open - source Automation server written in Java using Jenkins .
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and documented the process.
- Used Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from GIT and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Arti factory as repository manager.
- Experienced with Container based Virtualized deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Experienced in open-source Java Servlets Container Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Web Logic , Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Experienced in open-source Revision control system like Subversion.
- K nowledge of technology protocols and applicability within the layers of the OSI model .
- Expertise on Source code control tools like SVN , GIT .
- Coordinated and tracked all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA, Source Code Management System SVN.
- Experience in automation scripting using Shell and Python .
- Worked on integration of TFS Development and Work Item Tracking
- Experienced in Linux administration level 2, Windows administration.
- Expertise in using Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- It includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GitHub,, ClearCase, Build Forge, PVCS, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss, LINUX etc
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, and confluence.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven and Ant builds.
- Performed Database administration tasks for MS SQL server and hands on experience with Oracle.
- Experience in implementing and making teams adapt to Release/Change Management Process.
- Expertise in OS upgradation and migration for large enterprise application servers.
- Efficient in working closely with team members to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Experience in resolving Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6, SUSE), Solaris, OEL, Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, Windows, Macintosh.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MY SQL, DB2, MongoDB.
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Docker.
Version control tools: GIT, SVN, Clear Case, TFS
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Maven, Cruise control
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Network Protocols: HTTP, SSL, FTP, SFTP, UDP, TCP/IP, Ethernet
Languages Monitoring tools: Perl, Python, JAVA, Shell, Bash, SQL Splunk, AppD, Wave front
Bug reporting Tools: JIRA, Remedy and Rational Clear Quest
Confidential, Mountain view, CA
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Migration of web applications and services that are hosted on multiple servers and platforms to AWS.
- Built scripts using MAVEN build tool in Jenkins to deploy J2EE applications to Application servers from one environment to other environments.
- Created multiple IAM groups and set permission policies for various groups in AWS.
- Setup the build pipelines using Jenkins for release automation of 10+ JAVA based applications to Tomcat environments.
- Worked in setting up the rewrite rules at the apache level and security realms at the tomcat application servers.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS& BUILD Pipelines, MAVEN, Shell.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using and Jenkins.
- Build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (Bash), Python.
- Configured the Shell scripts in GIT hooks to send push notifications, trigger builds, tag branches on changes pushed to the remote branch.
- Automated the release management and deployment process of the application with the Shell scripts.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Working knowledge on Docker container.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash and Ansible.
- Scheduled Cron Jobs to run the batch interface for the SQL scripts on the Database and trigger reports with results accordingly.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Groovy.
- Experience in implementing and making teams adapt to Release/Change Management Process.
- Used scripting languages like Python, Perl, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, and CF Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Exposure to SDLC and experience with building deployment solutions for Scrum.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Racked and configured new GSAs for both internal use and client deployment
- Performed daily administration of appliances, including diagnosis of crawling issues, feed generation,
- Undertook lead on all new GSA version evaluations and reported findings to team
- Optimized health check process for efficiency and coverage. Utilized SVN for version control of configuration snapshots.
- Primary focus was on ELOQUA digital/email marketing for campaigns, but also included print, Web, banners/ads, telemarketing, sales collateral and kits.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, AWS, EC2, Jira, Linux/Unix, Java, Web Logic, RHEL, Dockers, Python, Ruby, Power Shell, GSA, Eloqua, Ansible, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, Elastic load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection in Amazon CLI.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created Snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMI's) of EC2 Instance for snapshots and creating clone’s instances.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Apache HTTP server, Tomcat, JBOSS on Linux and windows servers.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among multiple Web Logic servers.
- Creating and updating AWS stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the templates file using JSON.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Designing and configuring the AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS) and Secure Email Service (SES) architecture of the solution and working with a client.
- The complete installation and hosting were automated with AWS cloud formation and Power Shell scripts.
- Created scripts in Python Which Integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Maintained Build Related scripts developed in ANT, Maven, Python and Shell. Modified build Configuration files including Maven build.xml.
- Stand by administrator for Clear Case and PVCS.
- Performed Functional and Stress Testing for a few applications using Mercury Load runner.
- Installation and configuration of RED HAT LINUX for new build environment and
Monitor performance on RED HAT LINUX 6/7.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Automated CI/CD process using Jenkins, build-pipeline-plug in, Maven, Git.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Used Apache Jack Rabbit as a content repository to maintain the dynamic data.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Automated the Applications and MYSQL, NOSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Performed Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
Environment: CHEF, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, AWS, EC2, Jira, Apache Jack Rabbit, Linux/Unix, Java, Web Logic, RHEL, Docker, Python, Ruby, Power Shell.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Worked in GIT implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef Server.
- Conducted auto deployment of software applications in secured and managed environment using container technology Docker.
- Installation of MongoDB in different Operating System (Linux, Windows, FreeBSD)
- Manage and maintain Mongo DB servers across multiple environments
- Designed and deployed best SCM processes and procedures.
- Create Run Deck jobs to integrate with our Jenkins CI process and call Chef on the deployment servers.
- Gained experience in deployment of Fusion Middleware SOA applications like Oracle Policy Management, Oracle Service Bus and Business Process Management Composites.
- Experienced in writing Ansible Scripts to support Web Logic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Built and deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Migrated in-house chef server to Hosted Chef eventually phasing out centralized chef model entirely with chef-solo.
- Set up Code Coverage reports tool like Sonar and Cobertura to help in managing the quality of source code.
- Knowledge of technology protocols and applicability within the layers of the OSI model.
- Deployed LDAP for centralized authentication.
- Developed Shell/Batch Scripts for automation purpose.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Integrated TFS with SSRS & SSAS for Custom Reporting.
- Jenkins and Hudson were used as tools for Continuous Integration while analyzing the code quality by using SonarQube.
- Followed up with the Test Team and Development Team.
Environment: RHEL, Apache, WebLogic, Fusion Middleware Suite, Docker, Jenkins, Hudson, RunDeck, Chef, Ansible, Service Now, MongoDB, Confluence, Fisheye, TFS, Windows Server 2005/2008, GIT, ANT, Maven, Gradle, Sonar, SonarQube and AWS, Puppet, CentOS, OSI model.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Linux Admin/Release Engineer
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Red hat Linux 5.X, Cent OS & Solaris Operating systems.
- Created backend shell scripts for error log checking and backups.
- Experienced in scripting language like Bash.
- Involved in health check of servers after patching/rebooting and checked all the services of Linux servers.
- Manage and Configure Apache web server.
- Install, configure and run NTP across operating systems and distributions
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Associated with DBAs for installation of Oracle database on Linux servers & for tuning, backup and restore.
- Scheduling the jobs by creating Crontabs on Linux.
- Perform operational tasks and activities e.g. monitoring log files, performance tuning and migration between environments.
- Monitor the performance and availability of key middleware components in production and test environments.
- Installed and configured Jenkins, installed plug-in, configured security, created a master and slaves for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Installed Urban Code Deploy server, agents and doing deployments in various environments.
- Manage access control lists (ACLs), and given permissions to different users, groups by using recipes.
- Involved in supporting Apache, Apache Tomcat and generated SSL keys for renewing SSL on web servers.
- Responsible for monitoring and working on problem tickets (BMC Remedy). Following it up with business and technical teams, and ensuring the problem is successfully resolved.
- Responsible for documenting the issue, cause and resolution. Have been the on-call person for the application, worked with the appropriate team members to bring the issue and get a resolution.
Environment: Linux, UNIX, HTTP, Tomcat, Jenkins, Ant, ACL, MySQL, Oracle, Bash.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed and maintained Shell/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Research the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile and test environment issues.
- Modified Ant scripts to build the JAR's, class files, WAR files and EAR files.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas per schedule published.
- Designed, documented and coded build/release processes to ensure accurate configuration, assembly and delivery of source code from product release.
- Monitored, built and deployed software release packages.
- Verified and implemented methods used to create and recreate software builds by making them reliable and reusable.
- Managed labeling, branching strategies in Git/GitHub with best practices in addition to resolving conflicts with regards to merging and editing files in the repository.
- Designed and customized existing status reporting tool based on specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebSphere Application server with DB2 as database.
- Troubleshooting experience with regards to issues faced by system users and developers’ team.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases, coordinated the build deployment bottlenecks with development team.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, Apache, DB2, Redis, Subversion, Git/GitHub, Puppet, Nagios, ANT, Jira, Java/J2EE.
- System Administrator responsibilities for providing 24x7 support for Production, UAT and Development Environments.
- Installed and configured Redhat Linux Satellite Server 4.1.0 for the deployment of packages and images of OS for deployment of multiple servers. Pkg management with yum and rpm.
- Installed and configured VMware ESX Server 5.5 on Dell and HP Proliant servers, configured VMs and administered them using Virtual Center 5.5.
- Administering Network File System using Automounter and administering user and OS data files in NIS, and NFS environment on both Redhat Linux and Solaris environments.
- Performed backup administration using Veritas NetBackup 6.5 / created maintain backup policies.
- Configuration of virtual hosts, plugins and SSL certificates on web servers and domains and deployments on application servers.
- Proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading Patches to the systems and applications
- Scheduling of batch jobs using Autosys and native cron.
- Central log management / monitoring with splunk.
- Applying software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current.
Environment: Solaris 8, 9, 10, Redhat Linux EL 3.0, 4.x, 5.0, SLES 9, 10, Sun Fire x4100, x4200, x4250, T2000, T5440, M3000, M5000, Dell R805, R905, EMC Symmetrix DMX-3, Veritas Foundation Suite 5.0, Apache 2.2.x, JBoss 4.2, Oracle 10g, Autosys, Splunk.