- web services Certified Solutions Architect ( CSA ) with 8+ years of experience in administration of Installation, Configuration and Management of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), Build and Release in Automating, Building , Releasing and Deploying of code from one environment to other environment.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Integration, Backup, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance, Network Security and Troubleshooting of Linux Servers.
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, DNS service, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, TFS, Github, ClearCase, Docker, Build Forge, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss, and Linux etc.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Puppet & Chef and deployed Docker Engines in virtualized platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Experience with AZURE, Kubernetes, Docker with Mesos and Marathon.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub , Docker Engine , Docker Machine , Compose and Docker Registry .
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Experience on Cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service provider ( IaaS , PaaS and SaaS ).
- Experience on Designing, Configuring and testing the OpenStack keystone, glance, cinder, swift, nova and neutron, designate using FUEL GUI and CLI.
- Extensive knowledge on SDLC Methodologies like Agile , Waterfall and other processes.
- Experience on Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, involved in migration process of software methodology from Waterfall methodologies to Agile.
- Experienced working in a transforming DevOps culture implementing CI/CD process using tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven and Chef.
- Used scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, Shell/Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Atlassian and CF Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, Cruise Control, Hudson and Bamboo.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Automated various Middleware administration tasks as part of DevOps cultural drift using SHELL, python, Chef and Ansible.
- Installed and managed Middleware tools through Puppet such as WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x, JBOSS GA7/EAP6, IBM IHS, Apache & Tomcat.
- Experience in deploying applications in WAR, EAR and JAR formats on WebSphere Servers and Clusters.
- Handled environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Installed Configured, Monitoring tool such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource, Network and log trace Monitoring.
- Experience on technologies and platforms including JAVA, Node.js, Jenkins, Subversion, Git, Unix/Linux, windows server, VMWare, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet and AWS across Financial and Healthcare sectors.
- Experience in Azure , Kubernetes & writing the scripts in Perl and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Working experience and knowledge with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center, and Fisheye.
- Experienced on Implementing and supporting monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk on Production servers.
- Configured nodejs express applications in production and pre production environment by Configuring with Nginx and Ansible Web servers.
- Implemented Vagrant , a production like virtual development environment for developers.
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux 8/9, RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Satellite 6, Windows Server … and SUSE Linux 10.x/11.
- Implemented day - to-day tasks in Red Hat Linux include upgrading RPMS, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN Disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server …, MYSQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, OSI layers, Client/Server architecture and Firewalls).
Database: SQL, MYSQL, Oracle, MongoDB
Scripting Skills:: Shell, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Team city, AnthillPro, Cruise Control
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Cloud Technologies: OpenStack, AWS, Google Cloud
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7, Ubuntu, Linux and Mac
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Remedy, Service Now
SCM Tools: SVN, GIT, GERRIT, CVS, Clear case, CRUSIBLE
Repository Managers: Nexus, Artifactory
Virtualization Tools: AWS, VMware, Oracle Virtual Box, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk
Web Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Make, Make files, Gradle, MS Build
Confidential, Austin, TX
DevOps/ AWS Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Built servers using AWS, Importing volumes, launching EC2,RDS , AD, creating Security groups, CloudTrail, Auto-scaling, Load balancers ( ELBs ) using Cloud formation templates & AMI’s using Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53,SNS, S3, Domain services, Dynamo DB, SQS, IAM, and EMR), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Created IAM users and roles and managed the organization IAM roles.
- Implemented chef provisioning for creation of on demand instances and instance infrastructure using the chef-client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile , Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on creating and documenting POC for helping migrate the current application to micro service architecture. The architecture included Docker as the container technology with Kubernetes and worked on with REST API .
- Used Kubernetes to setup service selection and load balancing.
- Created Docker containers to deploy and run various web applications. Also, was a part of team for analyzing micro services management using Docker , Apache Mesos and Marathon. Setup a test environment of cutting edge container technologies including Docker, Apache Mesos , Marathon and Prometheus for monitoring.
- Run Jenkins on-top of Kubernetes to drive all automation with web-hooks tied into our GIT system.
- Worked on Chef Server management console and understanding and working knowledge on all different components of Chef Server, nodes and Workstations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Written/Developed Chef Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application and to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups and used CM tools, Chef for integrating process and Ansible for deployment process.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins Servers, Jenkins nodes , creating required scripts ( Python & Perl ), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows / Linux).
- Worked on integrating GITHUB into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins.
- Written python scripts to containerize chef using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernetes.
- Leverage latest pipeline / multi-branch pipeline functionality for managing all aspects of the pipeline via Git (Jenkins file).
- Implemented CI and CD for database using Jenkins and uDeploy.
- Achieved continuous deployment using IBM uDeploy . Integrated uDeploy with nexus and Jenkins to achieve CD .
- Managed the artifacts generated by Maven and Gradle in the Nexus repository.
- Involved in migration of CI tool stack from SVN to GIT , Maven to Gradle , Buildforce to Jenkins .
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Developed and maintained Python/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell, Ruby and Perl Scripts on UNIX/LINUX.
- Implementing DevOps, Continuous Build and Continuous Integration/Deployment processes, combining and automating tools like SonarQube, XUnit and WebDriver with build processes tuned to provide detailed metrics and rapid feedback for both development and operations teams.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios and Zabbix.
Environment: Unix/Linux, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, Python, Shell Scripting, Subversion, Jira, Bamboo, GITWeb Logic, ANT, Web sphere.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Roles and Responsibilities
- Worked on EC2 instances created new EC2 instances and attached EBS volumes to instances.
- Created VPC and enabled auto scaling and load balancing.
- Created a VPC with NAT gateways/ instances and enabled communication between private subnet using NAT instances. Saved the customer data in S3 buckets.
- Routed the user requested based on geo-location and latency using Route-53.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Created playbooks for Openstack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible .
- Worked across both private ( OpenStack ) and public clouds ( Amazon AWS ).
- Experience on Docker by creating containers, images and shipping them.
- Worked on Docker by installing Docker and Docker-compose on different servers.
- Worked on Docker and Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Worked with Docker composer and Docker swam.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Set up and maintain continuous automated build system with Jenkins, Terraform and Perl/Python scripting.
- Used GITHub for branching, tagging, and merging and also responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- R espons i b l e f or d esi g n and maintenance o f t h e GIT, Stash R epos it o r i es, v i e w s, and t he acce ss co nt r ol st r a t eg i es.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Wrote MAVEN and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process.
- Managed Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Installed Nexus OSS repository tool to maintain the artifacts/dependencies jars.
- Installed and configured different Splunk components like Indexers, Search Heads and Forwarders etc.
- Data on boarding from different data sources and performing Splunk Admin tasks.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Created runbooks for each application to help the release management team for successful deployments.
- Experience in building large infrastructure for disaster recovery and multi datacenter strategy.
- Involved in Building data backup/recovery strategy and plans.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Experience in using Microsoft IIS Web Server, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
Environment : Red Hat Linux, AWS, Puppet, Jira, Jenkins, SVN, TFS, GIT, Ansible, Shell ScriptingWindows Server 2008 R2, Python, SVN, ANT, Maven
Confidential , Plano, TX
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process .
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Create Jenkins pipeline jobs for Puppet release process for module deployment, using Kanban agile methodology for Puppet development.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using DevOps Technologies like Puppet.
- Implemented and maintained puppet configuration management across two divergent service offerings spanning several environments in the AWS cloud .
- Implementing and Supporting Puppet Masters and Agents on approximately 500 Nodes for Configuration Management.
- Puppet automation, installing and configuring puppet 3.x server and agent setup, developing IHS, Web Sphere MQ 7.0, Web Sphere Application Server Automation, Apache solr 4.x/5.x Jenkins , foremen.
- Source code configuration tools Subversion and GIT used for different projects.
- Managed all CM tools ( SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Git ) and their usage process ensuring traceability, repeatability, quality, and support .
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up meetings.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts..
- Configured and Maintained the TeamCity build, automation jobs and TeamCity daily periodic backups for TeamCity config and plugins files.
- Used Ant to perform daily and weekly Software Builds. Managed builds and made necessary changes to ANT build scripts for JAVA/ WEBSPHERE based applications.
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Created hooks and managed permissions on the branches for GIT.
- Developed PowerShell 2.0 scripting to work with TFS Object Model to utilize for more repeatable, automated processes and tasks.
- Maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Used Build Forge for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using and Java, writing Shell and Perl Scripts on UNIX.
Environment: UNIX, windows, CVS, GIT, Puppet, AWS, Jenkins, Java, Ant, Maven, Perl, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, SVN, Tomcat Apache Application Server.
Build and Release Coordinator
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT and QA.
- Involved in editing the existing Ant/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat application servers, written scripts in Ruby to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Generated scripts in Perl, Bash and Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Able to create scripts for system administration using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Maintain continuous build automation - currently within Hudson/Jenkins.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Management of Users and Groups in Subversion ( SVN ) and troubleshoot client spec issues and user issues.
- Automation of deployment and server bounce process by creating scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool ( WLST ).
- Deployment of build artifacts like wars and ears into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Converted old builds using make to Ant and XML for doing Java build.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Web Logic Application Server console.
- Used Shell script to configure the WebLogic application server in all the environments.
- Deployment of applications on Tomcat / Weblogic application servers and proactively coordinating with the application team for releases/deployment on time and concluding the release of the application.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Managing AWS Infra and automation with CLI, API. Managing DataCenter Inbound and outbound services. Working on automation tool like puppet.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Web logic, Shell/Bash Scripts, SVN, Hudson, Java/J2EE, UNIX, AWS, TomcatWeblogic, Jenkins, Python.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Automated installation of Linux servers using Kickstart and Installation of Solaris using Flash, live upgrades and Jumpstart Servers.
- Created Crontab to run a job at scheduled time.
- Configured Kickstart files, installed RPMs, & Packages and wrote scripts for Opsware, Installing Patches.
- Created Users and NFS sharing & Samba sharing, EMC Agents Deployment on the Servers.
- Responsible for Monitoring Tools deployment and Script Development for any ongoing projects.
- Created and maintained users, roles, permissions and enable quota for the users.
- Configured storage using Logical Volume Manager (LVM). Extending Volumes with LVM. Implemented RAID configuration for redundancy.
- Used LVM to configure volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux and Suse Linux and also using patchadd and pkgadd in Solaris 10 Operating System.
- Experience with configuring and Installing Zones for running applications in different zones in Solaris 10.
- SAN and iSCSI disk Configuration in Linux.
- Worked on SAN and storage technologies including EMC Arrays and IBM Arrays.
- Usage of SAN topology, fiber channel and Multipathing.
- Filtered the access using IPtables.
- Performed backups and restoration on several Linux Lpars.
- Worked on VMware ESX server, VMware Workstation.
- Involved in Hudson Installation and setup, created Hudson jobs for both build and deployment.
- Used Hudson as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
Environment: Red Hat 4.x,5.x, Centos, Windows, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, SVN, Hudson.