Web application specialist, adept at creating intuitive front - end user interfaces supported by robust server-side architecture, databases, and APIs. Bilingual (Hindi/English) speaker with BA in Management Information Systems, and significant management and teaching experience. Creates cohesive and progressive environments that facilitate personal and professional growth, leadership, and an enjoyable work experience.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Competent in all stages of the System Development Life Cycle, with experience in PHP, Java, Node JS, Mocha, Yadda, Selenium, VueJS, AngularJS, Bash, Laravel, Zend Framework 1, Drupal, Wordpress, Bootstrap, Sass, Gulp, Apache, Git, AWS, Vagrant, Docker, and Linux systems.
- Outstanding ability to fluently and transparently communicate and respond to critical issues, deliver high-quality projects efficiently, and continually improve.
- Skilled at server-side design using PHP and NodeJS.
- Skilled at relational database design and implementation in MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Comfortable in Agile and Scrum environments, includes performing as Scrum Master - managing boards, backlogs, issues, and workflow designs.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) advocate. Regularly apply unit tests with high code coverage and automation. Experienced with Git-based and continuous delivery deployments through TeamCity and Jenkins.
- Deep experience maintaining/debugging new and legacy applications.
Software Systems Engineer, Tampa, FL
- Primary technical resource on Confidential ’s TechRadar - visualization of decisions as code. Confidential ’s TechRadar (a fork of ThoughtWorks TechRadar) rolls into a larger TechMob initiative to improve collaboration among engineers and designers throughout Confidential in order to break an age-old siloed culture.
- Released the first version of Confidential ’s TechRadar in AWS, complying with IT Governance - VPC infrastructure, security practices - orchestrated with Pipeline as code in Jenkins.
- Implemented GitLab webhooks to capture decisions as code (Markdown files) as they are merged into a GitLab repo. The webhooks callback an AWS Lambda function that parses merged in decisions, and updates a Confidential for TechRadar’s consumption.
Software Engineer, Tampa, FL
- Team lead on a direct-revenue API middleware client project bridging Confidential (Advanced Cyber Security) resellers and StrikeForce Technologies, facilitating reseller customers to purchase advanced keylogging protection licenses. Utilized Laravel, laid the groundworks around APIs, including security, authentication, and scalability considerations, and communicated with Confidential members to gather and refine requirements.
- Led development of a heartbeat system to gather customer network metrics from several data sources for consumption on a network monitoring dashboard. Improved sales scope by providing important feeds required to customers a 360 view of their IT ecosystem. Improved customer understanding of potential risks, threats, infections, and other critical information at both high and granular levels.
- Extended an iDashboards Java plug-in to convert API data into presentable data feeds on our dashboard.
- Improved development practices, including leading a moveover to Git; introduced newer technologies, a testing culture, and effective collaboration practices. Introduced NeoLoad to conduct pre-production load tests and routinely updated the WolfPac ( Confidential ’s proprietary router) management GUI. Learned networking concepts to support system engineers on WolfPac-related issues.
Software Engineer, Tampa, FL
- Led development on a Cloud Portal Administration UI to allow administrators to quickly and easily manage users and subscriptions.
- Implemented a responsive single-page UI (not SPA), wrote a user search tool featuring key events and auto-completion, and wrote RESTful APIs to access user data, accounts, profiles, and subscriptions.
- Eliminated a manual process for viewing and updating subscriptions, freeing up developer time and providing easy transparency.
- Routinely wrote REST APIs and associated unit and automated tests to improve code quality.
- Unit tests were written in Node JS using Mocha as the test runner. Automated tests used Yadda and Selenium Webdriver.
- Wrote a polling service to monitor AWS CloudWatch and report back EC2 instance health metrics, and to conditionally initiate auto-scaling.
- Deployed the service through a build pipeline.
- Also contributed code samples to Confidential ’s GitHub repository, and designed an ad-hoc database schema for storing Confidential ’s AWS cost and budget data.
PHP Developer, Tampa, FL
- One of three developers responsible for upgrading and maintaining the Confidential application, driven by Joomla.
- Developed an automated messaging system that delivers on-site and email notifications, triggered by user actions and conditions.
- Wrote a modular component abstracting the base messaging class for various message types, including various message templates, complete with administrative configuration.
- Used PHPMailer.
- Developed several components in the Joomla ecosystem, highly data driven, and integrated with an events API service
- Routinely fixed bugs and made GUI enhancements, e.g. a Facebook-like notifications menu, an image rotate and crop tool, and progress knobs and bars.
Support/Junior Developer, Tampa, FL
- Assisted users on functionality and parsed and formatted patient appointment lists provided by clients. This data was aggregated into a queued list to interface with a reminder call telephony system. Created and customized Voice Guide call plans, and responded to customer feedback to improve the reminder call system.
- Performed maintenance and upgrades on Confidential to integrate custom client features and UI enhancements.
- Assisted in development of a home-brewed web service suite as part of an initiative to move to SOA.
- Contributed to the implementation of reminder services via phone, broadcast, and SMS mediums.
- Supported senior software engineer with new application development and maintenance.
- On an accounting portal project, developed modules to organize client accounts into tiers and tier groups. Performed consistently in heavy lifting areas including database design, CRUD modules, and tier calculations to invoice integrations.
- Built a scaffold program (code generator) to create active record models, ship with getters and setters, and utilize CRUD methods. Performed periodic SQL reports for client billing and support ticket summaries, and wrote API documentation and other product documentation.
- Contributed to corporate website and intranet development and maintenance for FreedomHealth.com and DrDial.com.