- Passionate, persistent, self - driven full stack software engineer (UI, APIs,Database), with solid competency in complex, data driven enterprise application development.
- Familiar with many different technologies, languages, database systems and tools used in development, data/applications integration and migration.
- Have years of experience working directly with customers on site during product deployment to provide smooth transition with tasks in product customization, technical support, problem solving.
- Hard skills: fluencies in TSQL, C++,C#, .Net, Python, EF, JSON/XML; frequent practice of OOD in my development, SQL Server Profiler for task tracking, and performance optimization; write complex stored procedure as triggers and RPCs, executed by client apps, WCF/REST web services, and window services.
- Familiar with Entity Framework, ORM, MVC, Scrum, Agile development.
- Work with various database systems; SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Progress. Recently implement generic Repository and Unit of Work design patterns in my data access layer development.
- Soft skills: good work ethic, good people skills, persistent in getting things done, positive attitude, adapt well with change, highly capable in learning new things fast.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed data access layer library in C# with EF6 for our middle tier to support our C++ POS clients with all business logics necessary to access/manipulate data reside in our back end SQL Server database.
- Developed/modified/debugged UI/Back Office of Confidential POS system with C++/CLI, C# and TSQL, WCF/SOAP and RESTFul Web Service.
- Developed few prototype mobile applications for demo, used as a blueprint for further development running on iOS, Android and Windows 7 using C#.Net, XAML with Xamarin; utilized WCF/RESTful service hosted by Amazon EC2 Cloud.
- Established and maintained version controlled for sources of the entire POS system with TFS.
- Developed few Windows services, handling background maintenance and integration processes to access/sync the store’s data with the central hub.
Data Integration Developer
- Architected several ETL packages using SSIS to extract, transform, and load data from/to various data sources and applications. Set up integration jobs for daily, weekly, monthly run of different process using SQL Agents.
- Designed data flow processes; wrote complex queries, dynamic TSQL store procedures for data migration and integration between applications on multiple production databases, monitored to optimize code performance with profiler.
- Performed DB backup/restore, attach/detach, and mirroring on development environment to replicate production DBs.
- Worked with oversea engineers to customize features, overcoming business and resource constraints.
- Negotiated and finalized contracts with third party developers (freelancers and overseas), overlooking the whole project from start to finish.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed/modified/debugged functions calls of a web-based app used by the field engineers to access and report on wafer data from production floors at any remote location.
- Designed/developed desktop application with ability to CRUD probing data performed on different size of the wafer with reporting and analysis tools.
- Wrote InstallShield scripts to create automate setup programs that simplified the installation.
Senior Integration Support Engineer
- Engaged in pre-sales activities by supporting sales engineers with recommending for product and service solutions to their prospect customers.
- Provided post-sales support, with installation, configuration, customization, integration and troubleshooting during deployment of Confidential Middleware suite.
- Worked directly with clients to debug and resolve critical issues of data discrepancies due to integration from/to various database systems using our middleware tool.
Senior Application Engineer
- Developed an automated installation tool with VB, InstallShield to automate the installation of Confidential products purchased by customers.
- Designed, developed, integrated Confidential ’s Back Office products including data modeling, schemas, User Interface modification, creating reports, writing data extraction to exchange data between different database systems.
- Developed new features for Confidential ’s Dispatch-1 Suite, used by large corporate in managing services contracts, logistic, inventory, etc. Supported customers on-site with customization, configuration during deployment and implementation.