- Specialized expertise with Windows Server Operating Systems (2000,2003,2008,2012) and Solid understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, and managing computers and users within a multi domain.
- Tackle the most complicated or severe Technical issues, design solutions to mitigate risks and respond to issues proactively, and manage projects to ensure accurate, timely, and smooth deployments.
- System Center setup and configuration with SCCM 2007 and SCCM 2012, OS Deployment and application package delivery with larger end - user computing and larger server windows. Migration from 2007 to 2012 with automation process.
- Process Automation expertise ( PowerShell, PowerShell DSC, VMware PowerCli & HPOO)
- Design and implement IT solutions for client Infrastructure .
- Designs and document new Processor and provide process improvement.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS-Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, CloudServices, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Experience Azure Platform Development, Deployment Concepts., hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi-factor Authentications and Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service based architecture; utilizing Docker / Kubernetes technologies.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups and also having good knowledge on Azure Fabric, Micro services in Azure.
- Experience in working with AWS CLI to control various AWS services such as EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, SNS, SQS, IAM, RDS, DynamoDB, Elastic Cache, AWS OpsWorks, Route 53, VPC, CloudFront, Direct Connect, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, EMR and Amazon RedShift through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Experience in Building and configuring a virtual data centers in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer .
- Good understanding of Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF) Architecture (Diego Architecture), PCF components and their functionalities. Experienced in using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI for deploying applications and other Cloud Foundry (CF) management activities.
- Good knowledge in Infrastructure as Code by using Terraform and CloudFormation and Worked on creating CloudFormation templates for dev, test, staging and production
- Experienced in writing Terraform templates that can spin up infrastructure for multi-tier application and provisioned boot strapped software on cloud with terraform.
- Experience in combining multi-node software deployment using Ansible and writing playbooks run ad-hoc commands for automation of tasks using Ansible.
- Proficient in Ruby, Perl, Power Shell, JSON, YAML, Groovy, Bash/shell, Python. Developed python, shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Attended quarterly HIPAA compliance meetings
- Hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and used Puppet to create manifests, modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository .
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker -Hub, Docker -Compose, Docker Registry, Docker container snapshots and Docker Swarm. Used Docker for local Application Deployment and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Worked with Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in Vagrant and Docker based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and managed the clusters using Kubernetes . Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker Container Orchestration .
- Good Hands-on experience in continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, bamboo and Hudson for automating the build processes. Implement CI and CD processes using AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Elastic Beanstalk .
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous Integration and buildworkflows and Used Jenkins uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository .
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using decentralized SCM tools like GIT, TFS and centralized tools like CVS, Subversion(SVN) on Linux and windows platforms and Used GITHUB and Bitbucket as source code repositories.
- Experience in managing the repository manager like Nexus, Jfrog, Artifactory for the Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins by which the Surefire test reports and Javadoc produced by Maven are captured and to build parallel modules for larger maven and Gradle projects.
- Extensively experienced in using build automation tools like Maven, Gradle and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code to write Pom.xml, Build.gradle and Build.xml respectively.
- Experience in Monitoring server performance with tools like Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog, New Relic and resolved network related issues with manual commands and built Splunk Cluster environment with High Availability resources.
- Automated a complex, error-prone customer on-boarding process using Windows PowerShell.
- Good hands-on experience with various scripting tools such as Python, Shell, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby and Perl for automating various cron jobs and notification process.
- Proficient in deploying and configuring Elastic search, Log Stash, Kibana(ELK) and AWS Kinesis for log analytics and also experienced in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch .
- Expertise in Architecting, installing, configuring, maintaining, designing, development, implementation and support on Linux RedHat EL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Debian, CentOS 4.x,5.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris 8,9,10 and VMware V-Sphere ESX/ESXi environment. Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud ( AWS ) and testing.
- Migrated VMs across hosts within a HA cluster to perform maintenance tasks on ESXi hosts.
Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, PCF, OpenStack
Container Orchestration Tools: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, EC2 Container Services, Azure Container Services, OpenShift
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, SVN, Perforce, Bitbucket
Web and Application Servers: JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web Logic, Nginx, Send Mail
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK, Datadog, Grafana, New Relic
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, ServiceNow, Bugzilla, HP ALM, Confluence, Rally, IBM ClearQuest
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Languages: C, C++, Core Java, J2EE
Database: MySQL, Oracle, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Cassandra
Repository Management: Nexus, JFrog, Artifactory
Virtualization: VMware ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Vagrant, Virtual box
Operating System: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, Windows, Solaris, Mac OS
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, ICMP, SMTP, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, UDP and RIP, NetScalar
Infrastructure Consulting Practitioner
Confidential, Dublin, California
- Develop, design Disaster Recovery plan for business continuity and implement architectures with high availability, operations supportability and scalability to support evolving infrastructure.
- Understanding the infrastructure and new requirement, infrastructure capacity planning, design and provision infrastructure for new environment requirement.
- Build new Server and setup / configuration.
- Excellent Command over PowerCLI Tools.
- Changing/Extending Drive, Attaching/Renaming Drives Using PowerShell Automation.
- CI/CD Pipelining using VSTS
- Machine Configuration Management and Network Management using PowerShell .
- Automation of Patching Process, Patch Report Generation using PowerShell .
- Server Patch Management and vulnerability check.
- Process Automation expertise using scripting tools like batch, VB, PowerShell 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0.
- Developing process automation PowerShell /PowerShell DSC 4.0,5.0. Setup and configure pull server, creating custom resources, working with various system modules and configuration.
- Develop, Implement and managing ITIL Process (Change, Release, Incident and Problem) management.
- Administration of virtual infrastructure built on VM’s, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix technologies.
- Design, implement & Support large skill of Windows servers (2000,2003,2008,2012) infrastructure, Windows Server Roles and Features- Active Directory, Cluster, DNS, DHCP, IIS Web Role and various Windows Application Servers like Exchange, SMS/SCCM, WSS, MOM/SCOM.
- Hands on experience in configuration & administration of firewall, routers and switches.
- Design and deployed system center configuration manager (SCCM) 2016 to automate server and client OS build process along with application package delivery with windows patch management, integration with automation process.
- Performed storage LUN management, RAID groups, and storage groups for windows.
- Working with VERITAS Net Backup deploy backup client and configure the backup policy.
- Deployment of SAN storage Devices (switch and storage box).
ENVIRONMENT: Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers, DNS, DHCP, NTFS, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008. MS-Exchange,MS-SMS 2003/2007/2012, MS-cluster- 2003/2008/2012, Office Share point server 2007, MS- Project Server 2007, Team Center server, NetScalar.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, SFO, California
- Deployed Cloud services ( PaaS role instances) and Azure IaaS Virtual machines ( VM s) into secure subnets and VNets and designed Network Security Groups ( NSG s) to control inbound and outbound access to network Interfaces ( NIC s), subnets and VM s.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Develop PowerShell scripts and ARM templates to automate the provisioning and deployment process and also worked on creating Custom Azure Templates for quick deployments.
- Architected and developed continuous integration, continuous deployment and configuration management that automated builds and deployments to numerous environments using VSTS on Azure Devops project .
- Hands on Experience in migrate an On-premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to AzureARM Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Application Deployment on PCF using PCF push and Urban code deploy. Also, PCF backup for all the environments and set-up Jenkins maven build automation with uploads to Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF)
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling for launching cloud instances while deploying microservices.
- Worked on REST API's of cloud technologies namely Microsoft Azure and used Golang SDK.
- Knowledge on Docker setup in the Golang micro service repo.
- Designed and Implemented open source API's using Golang .
- Hands on experience in writing a RESTful API microservice in Golang .
- Built multiple system based application with GoLang that helped pull data from Kubernetes API and display it to Developers or QA resources like a devOps utility web application.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Extensively worked on Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments for zero downtime rolling updates.
- Worked on Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage changes.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Creates inventory and configured the ansible files for parallel development in Ansible for automating the continuous delivery process.
- Developed several Ansible playbooks for the automation that was defined through tasks using YAML format and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from development through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Created several pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Experience in using Docker and setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes .
- Responsible for installing and administrating the SonarQube for code quality check and Nexus repository and generating reports for different projects. Also, integrated them into Jenkins.
- Set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines by integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Integrated Bitbucket with JIRA for transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server.
- Extensively worked with PowerShell to automate SQL tasks, environment management related tasks and procedures on Windows machines.
- Designed and implemented Office365 user configuration tool with SQL backend and custom PowerShell modules. Provides mechanisms to assign, track, and report license activations per organization per product.
- Created PowerShell GUI's for patch deployment and reporting, bulk DNS management, DC monitoring, DC desired state configuration and asset inventory.
- Provides training and support in PowerShell automation.
- Automate processes with PowerShell scripts. DNS changes, DC builds, User management.
- Write PowerShell scripts to streamline routine procedures for the Network Operations Center, SCCM team, VMware team.
- Write PowerShell scripts for user management. Write PowerShell scripts for server certificate monitoring and renewal.
- In the production environment implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Created database tables that can store and retrieve any amount of data and serve any level of request traffic using DynamoDB.
- Worked on the installation of NMI drivers on HP blade ESXi servers to eliminate PSoD.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server .
Environment: Azure (Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Resource Groups, Office365, RBAC), Ansible 2.4, Docker 1.13.1/1.12.6, Kubernetes 1.8/1.7, Maven 3.5.x, Jenkins 2.10x, GIT-2.1x/2.x, Cassandra 2.x/3.0, AEM 6.2/6.0, Python 3.6, Jira 6.4.
Cloud & DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Created S3 buckets in the AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static content for a web application.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management ( IAM ) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement.
- Creating Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- To trigger changes made in AWS DynamoDB and integrated with Lambda, created Cron jobs for initiating our daily batch data pulls, executing our continuous integration tests done under Jenkins & backup the DynamoDB streams .
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration .
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server and managed AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks .
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Proficient in developing Web Services (SOAP, RESTful) in python using XML, JSON .
- Created AWS S3 Buckets, Policies and on the IAM Role based polices customizing the JSON templates, Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Administered security and configured user access and limits using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) by creating new profiles and policies for user management in JSON .
- Defined a multi-container application in a single file, span the application up in a single command using Docker Compose.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior and created virtual networks to connect Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker Weave. Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Developed the build CI/CD pipeline script using different programming languages like Groovy, Shell and Python and secure them with Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi and Agile methodologies.
- Implemented a POC to integrate ELK Stack to an existing appliance framework for real time log aggregation, analysis and querying.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers and integration of Application with monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring
- Used ansible to deploy and configured ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Configured & managed an ELK stack, setup the Elasticsearch ELK Stack to collect, search & analyze log files from across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Installed SonarQube plugin in Jenkins and integrated with project maven script. Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build .xmls and Pom.xmls and stored the builds in NEXUS artifactory.
- Created environment on AWS Platform, AWS Hadoop EMR Cluster, Kafka Cluster, Cassandra Cluster and implemented system alerts on Data dog.
- Experience in performing operational routines using MongoDB . Also performed backups, security measures and restored backups using MongoDB.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Developed python scripting to automate the project creation, setting permissions for users and groups. Developed automation scripting in Python using ansible to deploy & manage Java .Net applications across Linux/Windows servers.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Maintained the Red Hat Satellite for infrastructure management to keep Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments and other Red Hat infrastructure running efficiently, properly secured, and compliant with various standards.
Environment: AWS, Load Balancers, Chef, Ansible, Shell, Python, Linux, Jira, My SQL, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Docker, Virtualization, Kubernetes, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, Git
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Worked on AWS cloud to provision new instances, S3 Storage Services, AWS EC2, CloudWatch services and CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins . Support Design and implementation of the continuous delivery pipeline, using continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated environment provisioning.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDB, MongoDB, SQS & SNS services in AWS cloud. Also managed data warehouse using Amazon RedShift to analyze all data using SQL & existing business intelligence tools.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline, installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Prod).
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Maintained Bitbucket Repositories which includes Jenkins and JIRA Integration, creating new repositories, enabling GIT to ignore, branching, merging, creating pull requests and the access control strategies from Bitbucket.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Integrating various Version control tools, build tools, nexus and deployment methodologies (scripting) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server and to develop processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Ant and Maven along with ability to create, debug, diagnose and troubleshoot build scripts
- Maintain an environment of strict HIPAA compliance from end users and technology equipment
- Extensively used Maven as a Build Tool for the building of deployable Nexus artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR) from source code.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ) commands.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Python, Linux, Bitbucket, GitHub, Nagios, Shell, Bash, groovy, RHEL, Apache, IIS, Linux, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, RHEL, VMWare vSphere, Jira
Build & Release Engineer/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Bedford, MA
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins.
- Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all GIT Repositories.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and Continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes in Agile development.
- Automating the test cases to run on scheduled basis by integrating the job on Jenkins pipeline.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins .
- Integrated Junit tests in Ant and configured Jenkins to send the Unit test report to the development team.
- Involved in Architect, Build and maintain Highly Available secure environment utilizing Chef with Jenkins & Hudson for continuous integration.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database Commands and Packages.
- Wrote and modified various Cookbooks and Recipes for better management of the systems.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and written recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring checks.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, Data bags, templates, attributes.
- Work station setup for Knife plugin and establish connectivity between Chef server and workstation.
- Worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments, Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, DNS and SSL setup.
- Maintained networks via TCP/IP to enhance security and allow businesses to offer managed Wireless Hotspot services and also Involved in daily Scrum meetings and Sprint development.
- Attended Project Status Review Meetings and Casual Analysis Meeting for release activities.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Jira, Vagrant, RedHat, Ruby, TCP/IP Hudson, Unix/Linux environment, LDAP.
Sr. Linux System Administrator
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP .
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Built ESXi hosts using multiple technologies including HPSA, VUM, Host Profiles, and PowerCLI scripts Performed routine maintenance on VMware environment such as vCenter upgrades, firmware upgrades, Patching.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, and TCP wrapper and NMAP.
Environment: Linux Red hat 3.x/4.x, RHEL 3/4/5, Solaris 9/10, Bash/shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, DHCP, NFS, Apache, DNS, VMware.
Linux System Administrator
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration of SSH to enable secure access to servers, Antivirus, deployment of VMs, Snapshots, and templates.
- Participated in setup Storage Area Network (SAN) and NAS and file system backup and restore.
- Use SCCM to apply patches and updates to all systems, install applications, provide IT reports, manage network accounts and assets, and assist users remotely
- Worked on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager.
- Jumpstart & Kick-start OS integration, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using bash, SSH for Day-to-Day administration.
- Creation of Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4, Sun Solaris server, Windows, NFS, LVM, UCD, ClearQuest, Crontab, Perl, Shell, Apache.