- Over 7 years of experience in designing DevOps/Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management.
- Worked on DevOps using different tools for achieving Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and release of code from one environment to another environment.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and TeamCity for CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN).
- Experience in GitHub administration and maintaining including ACL’s and writing various commit Hooks/ Triggers.
- Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift worked on various projects to migrate data from on database to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
- Experience in writing build scripts like Perl, Ruby, and Shell as required for automating the build process.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes servers: EC2, S3, CLI, EBS, RDS, IAM, Auto Scaling, Security Groups and Cloud Formation.
- Experience creating pods and clusters in Kubernetes and deploy those using OpenShift
- Experience in Configuration and release management in DevOps support model using tools such as Puppet, Ansible and Chef And provisioning tool Vagrant.
- Create Chef Recipes, automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Good knowledge of migrating data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacy system (DB2, Access, Excel) to centralized SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Hands on experience on administrative tools like Administration Console, WLST and Command line interface.
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Skillful in setting up and maintaining application servers and web servers using AWS images.
- Experience in working with development teams to troubleshoot server related application issues, performance issues and application performance tuning.
- Possess excellent communication, analytical and problem solving, coordinating with onsite team, organizational skill.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
Versioning Tools: GIT, Subversion and CVS.
Build Tools: Maven Ant and Gradle
Scripting: Python, Ruby, Shell
Programming Languages: C, Java, XML, HTML
Cloud: AWS, Azure
CI Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity and Hudson
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
APP/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss 7.x, Apache Web Server.
Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Windows.
Virtualization: Virtual Box, Vagrant, VMware
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring Tool: Splunk
Bug Reporting Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA, Remedy and Rational Clear Quest
Confidential, Plano, TX
DevOps Automation Engineer
- UrbanCode Build
- Onboarded new applications and components
- Automated and configured existing bank applications
- Troubleshooting and debugging build failures
- UrbanCode Deploy
- Configured deployment environments
- Troubleshooting and debugging deployment failures
- UrbanCode Release
- Regression testing
- UCD Snapshots
- SDLC Knowledge
- Version Control: code check - in
- Build: compile, artifacts, CI (continuous integration)
- Deploy: CD (continuous deployment), LLE environments, PROD
- Ticket Management: DREAM, JIRA
Environment: UrbanCode Build, UrbanCode Deploy, Electric Flow (knowledge), SonarQube (configuration), Maven, Ant, MS Build
Build/ Release Engineer
- Extensive knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Process that includes: designing, development, testing and implementation and post production support.
- Developed branching schemes fir major and minor version releases of software projects.
- Performed Software tasks: branching, merging and tagging source code in SVN and TFS.
- Utilized ANT and MAVEN for java based builds in LINUX and Windows environments.
- Debugged and remedied various ANT and MAVEN issues.
- Automated repetitive tasks using Shell Scripting.
- Experience in implementing the continuous integration utilizing Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Jenkins for automated builds.
- Able to multitask multiple projects with ease troubleshooting and debugging.
- Configure and automate deployment to the TOMCAT server.
- Automated Deployments and task using Puppet.
- Worked with Developers, QA, System engineers to optimize the build END TO END.
- Managed and configured Nexus repository.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy.
- Involved in functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, and Apache Tomcat Server
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files.
- WebSphere and WebLogic application servers
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post production analysis of the projects.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), CVS, Perforce, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Web Sphere, Anthill pro, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, Nexus
Build/ Release Engineer
- Performing clean builds according to the schedule published for a given releases in Jenkins.
- Experience in administering Team Foundation Server and Subversion.
- IIS and Tomcat, Apache Servers management.
- Managing storage, disk mount, extend space on Linux Servers.
- Used Shell and Perl Scripts for automating the daily tasks.
- Install and configure applications in Linux Servers.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
Build/ Release Engineer
- Served as a partial administrator for UNIX machines.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- In depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.