- Self - motivated and organized professional with over 6 years’ of experience providing innovative and latest-technology-driven software development using production environment and architectural best practices; an extremely dependable, passionate, and proactive problem solver and team leader with a natural tendency to mentor others
- 6 years of iOS mobile application development experience, building iPhone and iPad apps using Xcode, Objective-C, and Swift 3, 4
- Implemented strong architectural design utilizing best coding practices and design patterns including Singleton, Delegate, Observer, and Façade
- Experienced working with UI/UX implementation using Auto Layout, Size Classes, Xibs, and programmatic UI
- Worked with multiple core frameworks for advanced functionality including Bluetooth, Core Location, MapKit, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and AVFoundation
- Worked with data persistence using UserDefaults, Core Data, Property Lists, Settings Bundle, and SQLite
- Familiar in consuming RESTful web services and JSON parsing
- Developed fluid multithreaded applications using GCD and NSOperations
- Securely implemented user authentication with Touch ID, Face ID and Keychain for sensitive data
- Participated in all aspects of the entire Software Development Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding and testing
- Proficient knowledge in memory management with MRR and ARC
- Tested application performance and memory consumption in TDD methodology using XCTest and Instruments
Operating Systems: iOS, macOS, Windows 7, 8, 10
Languages: Objective-C, Swift 4, C, C++
Sr. iOS Developer
Confidential, Pittsburgh PA
- Created vibrant, custom UI components according to wireframes for various screens throughout the app with programmatic and Interface Builder approaches using Xibs.
- Securely retrieved customer data using delegation with RESTful HTTPS calls with URLSession and Certificate Pinning.
- Migrated project from Swift 3 to Swift 4 and replaced JSON serialization from JSON Serialization object with new Codable protocol - additionally, worked to refactor select legacy Objective-C code into Swift 4.
- Worked with a Singleton pattern to persist a user’s information throughout the signed-in experience.
- Developed new screens with MVVM design pattern to separate concerns from complex ViewControllers and user data.
- Implemented Core Data to store some user information in the phone, utilized the Keychain to securely store minimal amounts of sensitive information.
- Raised awareness to properly integrate Face ID for new iPhone X and created a timely fix before it was available for consumers.
- Integrated internal frameworks via CocoaPods for secure encryption and communications and utilized Crashlytics for crash reporting.
- Adjusted releases to App Store for conformance to changes in the App Store Submission Guidelines, with adherence to Human Interface Guidelines (HIG).
- Project managed using Agile/Scrum methodology; code delivered in 2 weeks sprints, complete with daily standups and demoing sessions during retrospectives with critical stakeholders.
- Worked as lead of development team composed of 4 iOS developers, a dedicated QA team and the backend server team.
- As lead, guided and mentored junior developers via paired programming, and code reviews to avoid pull request merge conflicts into the master branch.
- Collaborated with Android team to establish parity between the two native implementations.
- Participated in utilizing and preparing automated testing with XCTest and continuous integration with Jenkins, task-tracking with Jira, inter-team communications through Slack, SVC with Git, and pull requests with BitBucket.
Sr. iOS Developer
Confidential, Bellevue WA
- Worked in an existing hybrid codebase utilizing Swift 2 and Objective-C.
- Customized UI components using Core Graphics and CALayer, including UIViews, UIButtons, UITableViews, UITabBars, etc to provided wireframes and mocks.
- Worked extensively to improve the UI/UX fluidity by multithreading individual processes.
- Performed backend RESTful API calls made using URLSession for requests and responses using callbacks and delegation.
- Refactored codebase to ensure secure webservice requests by using HTTPS
- Utilized JSONSerialization to parse the information received from the server.
- Project managed using Agile/Scrum methodology; code delivered in 2 weeks sprints.
- Executed unit tests within Xcode using the XCTest library.
- Implemented Core Data to store sensitive user information in the phone, utilized the Keychain to securely store minimal amounts of sensitive information.
- Helped in the creation of a generic module for Push Notifications
- Lead code reviews with developers in the development process and collaborated to solve any problems that arose.
- Actively reviewed codebase, detecting bugs before they appeared and provided solutions in a timely manner.
- Developed in both production and QA environments, adjusting the codebase for the two different schemes to segregate testing.
- Worked on a mobile team composed of several other iOS and Android developers, 1 designer, a dedicated QA team and the server team.
Sr. iOS Developer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed app to work in conjunction with Confidential ’s online web app for synchronized behavior.
- Collaborated closely with backend team to communicate concepts to properly implement new features and functionality.
- Communicated with server using URLRequests and REST services and as well as Push Notifications.
- Deserialized real-time information using XML and JSON parsing for use in app.
- Leveraged NSOperations for a deeper control of the execution sequence for communications with backend service.
- Implemented UI design in combination of Xibs and Storyboards with Auto Layout and Size Classes to deploy to both iPhone and iPad devices.
- Worked on several custom UITableViews to adequately present interactive data.
- Collaborated with a design team to develop custom Views and IBDesignables for improved design.
- Utilized Gitflow to submit code for review, perform peer code reviews, and made pull requests.
- Isolated and resolved errors using Instruments.
- Traced bugs and development issues using NSLogs, LLDB, and Breakpoints.
- Mentored new team members and junior developers and engaged in paired programming to help introduce them to the codebase.
- Developed using Objective-C.
- Participated in all aspects of the development process, from requirements gathering to testing and debugging.
- Actively engaged in solving different communications problems between the app and user devices.
- Migrated scenes from centralized Storyboards into individual Storyboards and Xibs
- Customized standard UIControls; UIButton, UISwitch, UISlider, UISegmentedControl; for an improved user experience.
- Set up communications between the app and devices for GET and POST requests and responses.
- Set up UI components to properly convey loading states to a user when retrieving data.
- Sought out causation of issues when debugging using LLDB and Breakpoints.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Developed using Objective-C.
- Used Xibs and programmatic Constraints to enhance application UI/UX according to provided wireframes.
- Implemented additional features and screens for an increased ease-of-use for customer satisfaction.
- Redesigned several screens to better fit newer devices and refactored codebase for iOS 6.
- Worked with SQLite to persistently store the user’s favorite businesses and retrieve relevant information.
- Invoked RESTFul web services for searching functionality and handled JSON responses using NSJSONSerialization.
- Performed complex tasks in background threads using GCD to improve UI fluidity.
- Resolved bugs and improved app performance using Xcode debugger and Instruments.