- Overall 8 years of extensive experience in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on cloud environments and Data centers. Experience in the areas of DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management and AWS, PCF & Open Stack.
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, ELB, EBS, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis) and focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation, deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail).
- Experienced in cloud automation using, AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef, Puppet.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps role for on-premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Chef and AWS/Docker.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Puppet, Terra form and AWS
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, thus providing high reliability and efficient usage.
- Experienced in Azure IAAS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and Creating Web-Jobs, Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows Power Shell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all Micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- AWS and Open Stack to provision new machines for clients. S3 Storage Services on AWS
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Experience in developing puppet modules (blue prints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of puppet master, GIT, R10K wrapper, Open stack (Horizon), Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Continuous Delivery setups with Puppet by creating manifest and maintain templates for different environments. Migration of shell scripts into Puppet Manifests.
- Wrote Puppet code to provision infrastructure including LAMP stacks, Oracle middleware, Artifactory and Docker.
- Move development application from Docker containers and deploy into production Cloud Foundry environment.
- Experience in Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automation like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GITHUB, Clear Case, Tomcat, and Linux.
- Utilize Cloud formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Setup the Python scripts to create the snapshots on AWS S3 buckets and delete the old snapshots.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terra form Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Implemented CI/CD for J2EE, SOA & Micro services Architecture Environment (NodeJS, .Net Core, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis) using Jenkins.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Groovy scripting on Linux.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Linux servers in production environments. Supported in installation of packages/patches on Linux platforms. Implemented Backup & Disaster recovery management on Linux platforms.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Also experienced the Methodologies & Validations to ensure Quality Assurance Control.
- Troubleshooting any build issue with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Experienced in configuration and maintenance of common Linux services such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL, NFS, FTP, Postfix, LDAP, DHCP, DNS BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, iptables and firewall etc.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements
- Experienced in Troubleshooting Splunk search, quotas, monitor Inputs, WMI Issues, Splunk crash logs and Alert scripts.
- Experienced with principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure, OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Virtualization: VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Datacenter Virtualization, Power VM, Virtual Box.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, CentOS, LINUX, UNIX, Windows servers 2008 R2, 2012,, Windows 2000/2003/XP/vista/7/8/10, Ubuntu 12/13/14
Automation/configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Terraform, Vagrant, Kubernetes.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, WebSphere Apache 1.3.x, Apache 2.0.x, and ngnix, IIS
Database Technologies: DBASS,SQLServer,MySQL, RDS, NoSQL,MongoDB, Cassandra DB, DynamoDB
Scripting languages: Groovy, Python, Perl, Bash/shell Scripting, Power Shell Scripting YAML, JSON.
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NFS, Cisco Routers, Juniper Routers
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bit bucket, SVN (Subversion), CVS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Kafka,Elastic Search, Logs and Kibana(ELK), Dynatrace
Build Tools: ANT, Maven and Gradle
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Confidential, Wayne, PA
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Configured applications within Fidelity Pricing & Cash Management business unit for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using Jenkins and deploy.
- Developed Agile processes using Groovy, JUnit to use continuous integration tools
- Worked for designing and creating a Microservices delivery platform Initiative.
- Designed and implemented migration of a monolithic application to a microservice based architecture using JBoss Fuse, Kafka, Fabric8 and openshift.
- Migrated an application from Clearcase to Bitbucket and from Ant to Maven.
- Created Multiple Ansible playbooks for auto-provisioning of test environments using Docker/Vagrant and auto deployment of artifacts.
- Setup automated build, test and release platform using Jenkins pipeline as a code, SonarQube, and JFrog Artifactory to be triggered on every code commit.
- Designed multiple microservices for client demonstration using Spring Boot/Cloud, Netflix, OSS Libraries, RabbitMQ, Kafka & MongoDB.
- Created a dynamic horizontal scaling cluster management platform using Kubernetes o deploy Dockerized microservice containers.
- Written cookbooks for Web Logic, JDK 1.7, and Jenkins, tomcat, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elastic Search,) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Managed Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of the Amazon instances like EC2 using Amazon Cloud Watch and Nagios, Splunk.
- Troubleshooting Issues related to Cluster deployments.
- Managing Cluster nodes for Physical issues and escalating issues to respective vendors.
- Writing various puppet manifests files with Hiera and customized functions and defined resources
- Worked on Logging and APM tools AppDynamics, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) and Grafana.
- Working on the pipeline infrastructure (Docker, Ansible, Terraform, AWS and on-premises) and various related services (Python, Java), including stream processing with Kafka Streams.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, Gitlab).
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Responsible for Data Center scale tool-chaining (Docker, Micro-Services)
- Used Docker and Openshift to manage Microservices for development and testing.
- Set up and/or maintained internal Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, and Bamboo servers of Atlassian.
- Made recommendations and developed technical design for new applications to be put on the DevOps pipeline and exposed to Sonar for code review and Fortify for security scanning.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS Beanstalk using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins GIT, Maven, SonarQube, Nexus.
- Maintain build related scripts developed in ANT, Shell, Bash and Python.
- Worked on a script to rebalance Kafka topics in an automated fashion using ruby and Kafka binaries.
- Helped the team follow TDD and BDD using Junit, Cucumber, Protractor, Cucumber and Jmeter testing frameworks.
- Setup a reusable and customizable continuous delivery platform using Jenkins, Maven, SVN, SonarQube Nexus to improve release frequency.
- Improved production Log management and Analytics for faster and better recovery of the production incidents
- Using ELK.
Environment: AWS, Openshift, Microservices, SonarQube, Kafka, Terraform, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Bash, Shell, Python, WebLogic Server 11g, Load Balancers, Kubernetes, JBoss, Bitbucket, JFrog Artifactory, Ansible, ClearCase, Vagrant, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Docker, Junit, Cucumber, Protractor, Jmeter, XML, SVN, GitHub, Cloudwatch, splunk, Nagios.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Experienced Cloud and DevOps engineer in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Cloud environments and Data centers.
- Expertise in configuring the monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement like AWS Cloud Watch, AWS CloudTrail, Dynatrace, Nagios, Splunk Enterprise, SNMP monitoring for the VPN connections.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using LogStash to output data to AWS S3
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through CFT, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB & EBS.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MSSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git-Hub, Jenkins/Team-City, Maven, Docker-registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Boot strapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing application files for use with AWS EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them and installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage containers created by PCF.
- Configured Subclipse (Subversion plugin for Eclipse) and trained developers to utilize its various features Extensively used Maven, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Integration with Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks.
- Worked on Jenkins, Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Prepared document on process of migrating Jenkins jobs from development environment to production server.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Involved in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
Environment: Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, JIRA, Cloud Formation, Amazon RDS DB services, Cloud Watch, CA Wily, One Console, Cassandra.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Build & Release Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Maintained and administered SVN, GIT source code tool.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Hudson/Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and Gradle as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience with Agile to develop and work with the client to calibrate releases for test deployment.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds
- Automated apache-web server configuration, DB server configuration, SSSD configuration LAMP by writing ruby cookbooks in chef.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing the infrastructure change to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes.
- Well used and experience in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat and NGINX.
- Provide CM and Build support for applications, built and deployed to lower and higher environments.
- Deployed Chef Dashboard for configuration management to infrastructure
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical server. Monitored the server and application using Nagios, and Splunk.
- Implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications in the production environment and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Built and deployed J2EE application in JBoss in an agile continuous integration environment using Python scripts
- Involved in the development of Bash shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, Python, JBoss, Chef, Nagios, Splunk, Kickstart, Hudson, Jenkins, Ruby, GIT, Veritas, SVN, Ant, Bash/shell scripts, JIRA.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Release and Build Engineer
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining the file sharing servers like Samba, NFS, FTP and also Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers, Nagios.
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT and QA.
- Experienced in configuration and maintenance of common Linux services such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL, NFS, FTP, Postfix, LDAP, DHCP, DNS BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, IP tables and firewall etc.
- Ability to handle load balancer implementations like bonding multiple interfaces into single bond in case of over load on LAN devices.
- Experience in Software Configuration Management (Daily Build, Release and Testing methodology) using tools like Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS), Subversion, and GIT.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kick start, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements
- Creating and managing virtual memory (swap spaces) and file systems, while also supporting data management through on-site & off-site storage and retrieval services
- Extensive knowledge on Server administration, Kernel upgrade and deployment of patches and applying all firewall and security policies with emphasis on maintaining best practices.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, Patches, and performance tuning on UNIX and system software & hardware.
- Administering local and remote servers on daily basis, troubleshooting and correcting errors.
- Experienced with inter networking using TCP/IP and resolving network connectivity using tools like dig, nslookup, ping.
- Monitoring of web servers and other services using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Involving and partitioning formatting disks and in file system management as Software RAID, LVM and VxVM.
- Installing and configuring various servers as Apache web server, HTTP server, Samba.
- Experience in RHEL Provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Linux environment using satellite server.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Tomcat and Oracle Web logic 10.3 application servers including installation, configuration, and management and troubleshooting. Strong experience in VM environments like XEN, KVM, Oracle Virtual Box and VM Ware 5.0.
- Deployment of build artifacts like wars and ears into a Web Logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Database administration of MySQL, Oracle or equivalent Data Base programs.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, Net App, RPM Package Management and others.
- Performed OS installations, OS Upgrades, and Server Patching by configuring PXE and DHCP server using Kick start Configuration and by using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Debugged network connectivity issues and involved in trouble shooting activities with commands ping, trace route, tcpdump, nslookup, netstat, IOstat, top.
- Experienced in writing Shell Scripts in Bash, C-shell and Cron tab in Linux to automate the tasks.
- Scripting done in administrative and management tasks using shell, Bash, Python for automated administrative jobs and experience on Bourne, Ruby, Perl and C-shell.
Environment: Solaris 9/10/11, Java/J2EE, .NET,ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Red Hat Satellite Server, Apache Tomcat, KickStart, Bonding, Jenkins, WebSphere, SQL, Agile, Web Logic, Subversion, Samba, NFS, FTP, LVM, Tomcat, Apache, bash, python.
Release and Build Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Written Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Gradle as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- JIRA is used as bug tracking tool.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Perl, Shell Scripts, XML, Unix, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments Dev, QA and UAT.
- Generated Ant, Maven, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in order to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Managed Users and Groups in SVN and involved in troubleshooting client spec issues and user issues.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce process is by creating the scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Build artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Weblogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
Environment: Java, SVN, ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, SVN, Web logic, Unix, Perl/Shell, C++.