- Having 5+ years of Android application development and extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), application design, development, testing, debugging, documentation, deployment and integration of different software applications.
- Experienced with Android SDK tools, Debugger, DDMS and AVD.
- Strong expertise in working with several versions of Android SDKs and various Android Framework APIs.
- Strong expertise in using IDEs like Android Studio, ADT Bundle with Eclipse.
- Experience on Android UI components such as Text View, List View, Customized List View, Menus, Edit boxes, Buttons, Checkboxes, Dialog boxes, Alert boxes, Action bars, and Spinners for various layouts in Application development.
- In - depth knowledge of android Operating system, reactive mobile application development and Memory Management.
- Experience in Database development using SQLite, Database, MySQL and MS Access.
- Incorporated maps component using React Native to render geographic locations and allow users to find closest places based on GeoJSON data.
- Experience in handling Web services application using SOAP, RESTful and TCP.
- Experienced in working with Google Map APIs, Push Notifications, Content providers, multiple screen support, data offline storage, accounts and sync on Android.
- Developing applications involving User Interface development, Adapters, Services, JSON Parsing and Telephony Manager.
- Excellent knowledge in implementing Material Design and optimizing techniques using List Views, Grid View, Recycler Views.
- Experience in Android NDK using C++ to access physical components and Android application framework.
- Worked on React Native technology for implementing all the UI components.
- Hands on experience using Media framework using Android API and skills like Multimedia usage, video, sound and graphics, networking.
- Involved in graphic design, Audio, Video features & handling various kinds of media using Photoshop, Flash.
- Hands on Experience in Developing Telecom Applications on Wireless 3G platformAnd Wi-Fi, Messaging and Bluetooth.
- Experienced in a fast-pacedAgile Development Environment including Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Scrum.
- Experience using version control software such as SVN, GitHub for effective code maintenance, tracking, logging and deployment.
- Experienced in deploying Mobile applications to Google Play store, Amazon Play Store.
Mobile Development: Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers, List Views, Adapters, View Holder, Notification Manager, Content Provider, DDMS, Location, Google Map, HTTP Client, JSON based Web Services, Camera API, Facebook API.
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Kotlin
Markup Languages: HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, JSON, XML.
Debugging and Testing Tool: Logcat, DDMS, ADB, JUnit, Mockito. Robotium
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac OSX.
RDBMS: SQLite, Microsoft SQL 2005/2008, Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL 4.0/5.0,Realm Database, Workbench, Sugar ORM
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans
Version Control/Continuous Integration Tools: GitHub, SVN.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for remodifying the existing code and to enhance the performance of the entire application.
- Integrated Broadcast Receivers with Intent Filters to provide Android system announcements.
- Stored the information such as name, time, place, date, etc., about an event by designing an SQLite database.
- For processing network response data and for efficient JSON parsing used Retrofit .
- Streamed media files such as remote videos using Android platform libraries.
- To serialize and deserialize JSON data used Retrofit .
- To generate boilerplate code used view binding tool called Butter knife.
- To inject code at compile time used Butter knife.
- For multitasking execution environment allowing multiple processes to execute concurrently used Linux kernel.
- To inject views into Android components used light weight library called Butter knife.
- Locating UI elements and interacting with applications used Espresso.
- Used Espresso-Intents APIs in functional UI tests.
- To communicate between applications and hardware used Linux Kernel.
- To update controllers if its data changes used MVC patterns.
- Experienced in Unit Testing using Junit .
- Followed complete test-driven development ( TDD ) for execution of this project
- Have written test cases using Espresso , Junit .
- Working with Android Studio implementing with Java and XML code using an SQLite Database to store all my information.
- Used the Linux command-line shell to perform various tasks from one single command interface.
- Parsed JSON objects obtained 1from the server side and show contents on the app.
- Regular interaction of RESTful API design calls to populate the UI on the app using GET, PUT, POST and DELETE .
- Debugged the code using TDD and eliminated the occurrence of expectations.
- Used JUNIT to perform class level functionality testing.
- To work with web views on Android used Espresso-web as an entry point. Espresso-web is an entry point to work with Web Views on Android. It uses Atoms from the popular WebDriver API to introspect into and control the behavior of a Web View.
- Performed search operation by integrating search widgets using collections . To help the user to track the order, implemented PUSH notification.
- To store and retrieve persistent key-value pairs across user sessions used shared preferences .
- Used GET, PUT, POST and DELETE for a regular interaction of RESTful API design calls to populate the UI on the app.
- Used Dagger2 to inject dependencies between different parts of the application as they need to be connected.
- Performed testing of the application as they provide a graph using which we can detect the faults in it.
- Used Robotium tool for automation testing of mobile application.
- Created reusable, interchangeable modules using Dagger2 .
- Developed the login page with dynamic layouts and custom buttons .
- Experience in using handlers for set timers and Shared Preferences for the login session.
- Incorporated event reminder feature into the mobile app using services Asynctasks , and AlertNotificationAPI .
- Developed a News module offering all latest company news. Provided the associates work schedules and notifications by enhancing the scheduler module .
- Incorporated required code to attain the different button and text fields and implemented the necessary action for each of the widgets. Fixed bugs using ADB and DDMS reported by the testing team. Used MySQL database for storing application information .
Environment: Android SDK, Android application Development, Android Studio, Android Framework APIs (GPS, Camera, Notification), UI Animations, Eclipse, DDMS, Object Oriented Design, Android emulator, Virtual Machine, Microsoft Visual Studio, Multitasking, Log Cat.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Implemented Full life cycle development and modification of existing applications to add new features emphasizing reliability, scalability and performance.
- Used SCRUM-Agile software development method for managing application developments and software design.
- Created Widgets using Google material design.
- Developed Custom controls for UI such as Button, Text Field, Views, Text View.
- Designed and developed the user interfaces, Designed Dynamic UI with Fragments using Google Material design.
- Implemented MVP pattern using Dagger2.
- Used Retrofit and GSON for network calls and parsing the JSON response.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, calls etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Worked on communicating with Restful services to implement Single Sign-on for Associates.
- Created and used SQL Queries, Scripts and Stored Procedures for data validations.
- Stored the user information in Realm which is the internal database.
- Developed some parts of app by writing native methods using JNI.
- Implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
- Implementing Broadcast Receivers for Android.
- Utilized HAL for various API’s.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Utilized Bluetooth API’s for connectivity
- Improved the HTTP calls by migrating the request from AsyncTasks to RxJava.
- Used Junit, Espresso for unit and instrumentation testing.
- Worked on large complex existing codebase in latest Android SDK, Android Studio and APIs using TDD, MVP and dependency injection design concepts
- Testing included emulators and device testing with multiple versions and the sizes with the help of ADB.
- Worked with different security level models and Cryptography libraries to set up both application level and correspondence security mechanisms.
- Fixed the bugs identified by the testing team.
- Implemented Singleton design pattern to pass through the object into different fragments
- Made Restful Service Calls using Google's Volley Library at various stages in application development cycle and parsed responses back from the web servers as per the application requirement.
- Used logcat, DDMS (Dalvik Debug Monitor Server) and Trace view for debugging and detecting memory leaks
- Used RESTful Web Services to fetch data asynchronously and render an appropriate view.
- Implemented Singleton design pattern to pass through the object into different fragments
- Managed certain tasks within Agile framework, cleared Sprinted tasks, and controlled JIRA workflows.
- Performed various test functions such as Black Box, User Acceptance Testing, Functional, and Regression, End to End testing for mobile devices / websites and mobile apps.
- Performed regression and smoke testing around hot fixes .
- Responsible for executing code, deploy application and fixing the bugs.
Environment: Android SDK, Android API's, Restful WEB services, XML, JSON, Log cat, Windows7, ADT plug-in, Bluetooth, GIT (Version control), DDMS console, ADB server, Emulator, GSON.
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment and enhancement of the code.
- Played a key role in writing application logic using Eclipse IDE and Android SDK.
- Designed complex User Interface screens using views and widgets.
- Used Android Native Development Kit (NDK) in developing the bill payment feature.
- Used fragments to build small re-usable pieces that are easier to manage and allow for a more fluid visual design and also can adapt to tablet and phone resolutions.
- Created a local database using SQLite to store and retrieve the data.
- Debugging the code using DDMS, Logcat.
- Used shared preferences to store and retrieve persistent key value pairs across user sessions.
- Responsible for developing the Profile across several Products and several Android versions.
- Used Activities which implement Broadcast Receivers to listen to several Broadcasts from other applications and the system.
- Integrated Google Map’s using Google Android location-based API.
- Implemented XML service to parse historic and location-based data.
- Designed and developing the XML layout with Android Map View to display the locations on the map.
- Created a pop-up notification for alerting users.
- Involved in debugging and porting the application on various mobiles.