- DevOps Engineer with 10 years of experience and with Emphasis in DevOps Methodologies and focused on Automation of Build/Deployment/Environment Management areas by implementing CI / CD pipelines to help teams deliver a better, reliable and certified software into lower level and Production environments
- Experience AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Hands on experience with Chef and Opswork in AWS cloud environment.
- Provisioned and configured AWS EC2 instances for SIT & QA environments on demand and experienced with spin - off instances via AWS Management console, Jenkins EC2 Plugin and Cloud Formation Templates.
- Experienced in AWS services like S3, Glacier, Auto scaling, VPC, cloud watch and EBS.
- Have knowledge creating AMI's for middleware configurations and custom AMI's.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments.
- Worked on multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Implemented Hashi Corp tools like Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Vault.
- Creating Docker containers for managing the application life cycle.
- Evaluated Docker Data Center and Kubernetes for Docker Orchestration.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Nagios, ELK Stack, Splunk, New Relic.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Supported the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool ( Jenkins ). Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools VSS, Sub-Version and Git.
Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python, Ruby and Shell scripts with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD, AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios and iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
Sr DevOps Consultant
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Created Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Wrote Ansible scripts and used Ansible for configure Tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Created playbooks and roles for Ansible and deploying applications to AWS cloud using Ansible.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like Launching EC2, Provisioning IAM, Configuring VPC, EBS, Monitoring using CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for microservice using Ansible.
- Worked on Terraform, which is used to create and compose all the components necessary to run application.
- Created Infrastructure Git repositories for Terraforrm to spin up appropriate stacks.
- Building/Maintaining Docker Container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker. Utilized Kubenetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Involved in standardizing Splunk Forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and Windows platforms. Automated installation of Splunk Forwarders across all environments using Chef and Octopus Deploy.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Setup and configured New Relic monitoring and ELK stack across all our environments using Chef cookbooks.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins and GIT.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers.
- Worked with a complex environment on Ubuntu Linux and Windows Servers while ensuring that these systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, CHEF, Maven, AWS, EC2, WebSphere, Ruby, PHP, Putty, Cyber Apache, tomcat, JBoss,Weblogic, Linux, Windows
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Sr DevOps Engineer
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Managed and worked with various different instances of EC2, creating AMI's, managing EBS volumes and configuring security groups, elastic ips etc.
- Knowledge on Auto scaling launch configurations for lower environments, and creating auto scaling groups with reusable instance templates for Automated Provisioning on demand on based on capacity requirements.
- Experience with AWS S3 services creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Utilized AWS cloud watch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Created alarms and trigger points in Cloudwatch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters.
- Configuring, setting up of Tomcat, Apache, HA proxy, Redis, MemcacheD etc
- Installed and Configured WebLogic 10.x, 12c Web Server.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with WebLogic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the WebLogic application server in all the environment
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS, and Ops Works.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules, in Ruby.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Deployed built artifacts to WebLogic application server using MAVEN.
Environment: Chef, Kitchen, Vagrant, Git, MAC OSX, Ruby, Bash scripting, AWS EC2, ELB, AWS Cloud Watch, AWS S3, AWS RDS, Atom, Sensu, Consul, Logstash, Elastic, AWS Cloud Formation templates, Jenkins, Cloud watch Logs, AKAMAI, Centos7, Centos6
Sr. Release/Build Engineer
- Coordination of code merges and deployments with DEV and QA teams. Collaboration with Development, QA and other teams to ensure a smooth transition of deliverables through proper release channels. Tested various in-house windows/Linux based installers.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Upgrading Jenkins & deploy Tomcat 7 on the existing applications. Configuring LDAP authentication with the existing software structure (Jenkins)
- Implemented parallel deployment successfully on the Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to JBoss Application Server
- Used and Administered Continuous Integration tools Jenkins, Bamboo and Build Forge.
- Built, configured and supported Application team environments.
- Maintained and upgraded Jira issue tracker, Crucible code review tool.
- Worked on Installing, configuring and upgrading WebLogic, Tomcat & JBoss application server.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Used Ant, Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, SUN Solaris 2.x,Windows 2003 server, Web logic Application Server, iPlanet 4.1, Sun One6.1, IIS 6.0,, SVN/Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python, Oracle 9i.