- Around 4 years of experience in Embedded Hardware and Software Development, Microprocessor and Microcontroller Interfacing, Test Creation, Test Execution and Model Based Software Development.
- Proficient in embedded C, C++programming.
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink System Model Development, State flow and Target link.
- Experience in Assembly Language Programming.
- Proficiency with standards and protocols like CAN, LIN, TCP/IP, RS232, UART, SPI, I2C.
- Good working knowledge in creating test environments to perform Unit Subsystem automated tests, verification and validation.
- Experienced in GNU Tools and Configuration Management Tools like DOORS, SVN and git.
- Experienced in using various testing tools (dSpace) and code check standards (MISRA).
- Wrote code for ADC, DAC, SPI, I2C for data transmission and debug the promo code.
- Experience with usage of Simulator IDE, emulators and debugging tools.
- Good Understanding about Automotive ECU development Cycle and Vehicle level ECU functionality.
- Knowledge on development of AUTOSAR components and integration of AUTOSAR stack with automotive embedded applications.
- Experience with various methodologies like Agile, waterfall, crystal clear, Dynamic system development method(DSDM).
- Experience with usage of Oscilloscope, Signal generators, Ethernet, Frequency counter and Temperature chamber.
- Have very good exposure to software development life cycle like Feasibility, Design, Coding, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance.
- Knowledge in embedded processors such as ARM, PIC, Freescale.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Quick learner and resourceful problem solver. Intelligent, analytical and highly organized.
Programming language: Embedded C/C++, PYTHON, Assembly Language
Assembly Language: 8051, 8086, 68306, 68HC11, 80196, 68705, RTOS QNX, Embedded Linux
Design and Simulation: MATLAB, Simulink/State flow
Scripting Languages: Python, Shell scripting
Hardware: Microprocessor and Microcontrollers. Peripheral Devices (SPI, I2C).
Instrumentation: Spectrum Analyzer, Function generator, Oscilloscope, Multimeter
Tools: CANalyzer, CANoE, OBDII IBM DOORS and Clear case, dSpace system.
IDEs: Keli, Eclipse
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OSX
Embedded Software Engineer
Confidential, Lisle, IL
- Involved in SDLC process like requirement analysis, designing, coding, testing, releasing and providing maintenance, and documentation at each stage.
- Involved in product specifications development for ADAS (Cruz control systems) and Steering Wheel Control Switches.
- Designed Transmission control software using modeling tools such as MATLAB/Simulink/State flow.
- Fixed Point Auto - code generation for production purposes and dSpace, TargetLink for system level testing.
- Hand-coded algorithms using C/C++ programming language.
- Software Build Integration, Maintenance and Release.
- Tracked and maintained requirements traceability matrix using DOORS to ensure all system level requirements given by the customer are met during release.
Environment: C/C++, Agile Methodology, MATLAB/Simulink 2017b/Stateflow, dSpace, Targetlink, CAN, SAE J1939, SDLC, DOORS.
Embedded Software Developer
Confidential, Novi, MI
- Part of team that designed a CAN based Vehicle Collision Avoidance System.
- Part of the team that designed a CAN based Vehicle Security Systems.
- Software was written using C language on multiple platforms.
- Gained knowledge and experience on CAN protocol, and on using the CANalyzer software tool.
- Responsibilities include identifying the design specification, planning the design and test requirement of the project.
- Worked with hardware architecture and interfaces (USB, SPI, I2C and UART).
- Documenting the design procedures and creating user manuals.
- Hands on HW/SW integration experience for design verification and validation.
- Participated in the full development cycle from design, coding, validation, documentation and maintenance.
Environment: C, CAN, SPI, I2C, UART.
- Duties included gathering and interpreting technical systems specifications.
- Designed innovative electronic control systems, utilizing cutting-edge microprocessors, device drivers, and peripherals, data acquisition and communications hardware, and related real-time systems software using C/C++, Assembly, CAPL, and CANoE.
- Worked on Agile testing, system integration, regression and automation testing.
- Used microcontrollers for testing and debugging (hardware and software systems) using in-circuit emulators, logic analyzers, numerical analysis, and related computer engineering techniques, including automotive communication protocols like CAN.
- Tested Vehicle systems and diagnostics.
- Used emulators and Oscillators.
Environment: C, C++, Assembly, CAN, agile, Oscillators, Emulators, CANoE.
- Part of a team that developed automotive networked body module.
- Each module controls a group of electrical devices in vehicle like windows, mirrors, alarms, climate control and lighting.
- Involved in CAN design protocols.
- Designed and implemented software drivers for body modules.
- Perform automation of test cases using Python, CAPL scripts
- The code was written in embedded C with RTOS as operating system.
- Development of ECU Level Application Modelling using Stateflow, Simulink, Target Link in Matlab.
- Performed automated testing for Airbag ECU which involved reading and logging data for identification of DUT. Interfacing was done using CAN
- Validation was performed which involved White box/Black box testing and complete reports of code coverage, functionality errors and memory leaks were submitted.
Environment: C, CAN, LIN, MATLAB/Simulink, Linux, MISRA, Python, RTOS