- Involved in all aspects of Software development methodology including Requirement Analysis, Design Specification, Implementation, Testing and deployment of Enterprise and Web - based Applications.
- Experience in writing code to interact with APIs, Web Services using AJAX and JSON.
- Familiarity with native Android for mobile applications and web API interactions.
- Involvement in performance related tasks using reusable UI components and classes, automatic job scheduling and reducing the number of SQL commands via batching.
- Experience in using NodeJS and ExpressJS for making calls (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE) for triggering or fetching data from Restful API's provided by the back-end team.
- Knowledge in ReactJS for creating interactive UIs using One-way data flow, Virtual DOM and JSX concepts.
- Strong experience in working with RESTful Web Services.
- Knowledge and experience in working with SASS/LESS as CSS preprocessors and modern techniques such as Flexbox and Grid.
- Solid understanding of React Virtual DOM Algorithm for performance optimization.
- Highly skilled in developing web pages complying with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and ability to apply W3C web standards.
- Experience in responsive web design with the UI being multi-device compatible (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile - iOS, Android) and cross browser compatible.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (Maven, Gradle, JUnit and Jenkins).
- Used Bootstrap and Media Queries to create responsive web pages.
- Familiarity with Relational and NoSQL databases - Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Firebase. Hands on experience writing SQL queries.
- Use SVN and GIT for version control and error reporting and project management tools like JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Developed expertise in Integration Testing, User Acceptance testing, GUI testing, back-end testing, End-to-End testing and Unit Testing for Client/Server applications.
- Hands-on experience with Agile/SCRUM and Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies. Utilize software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery and software architecture.
- Driven to maintain cutting-edge industry knowledge and technical skills, through independent and formal training.
- Strong collaboration, communication and problem solving skills and pursuit for the next technical challenge; learn and grow.
Middleware: Web Services (REST), Servlets, JDBC, XML and LDAP
Application Servers: JBoss
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Android, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu and Mac OSX
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Docker and Jboss
RDBMS: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, PL/SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Firebase, AWS S3 and Oracle
Persistence: JPA and Hibernate
Frameworks: Spring, Flask, Django, NodeJS, Grails, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra and Bootstrap
IDE S and Tools: NPM, Eclipse IDE, Notepad/Notepad++, Sublime Text, Bower, Grunt, Gulp, Android Studio and Visual Studio Code, Atom, Brackets, Vim and Nano
Debugging Tools: BugZilla, Chrome Developer Tools
Testing Tools: JUnit, Jasmine, Mocha and Chai
Tools: Make, Visual Studio, Ant, Gradle and Maven
Version Controls: Subversion, Bitbucket, Git, GitHub
Other Technologies: Map Reduce, Hive, Fisheye, Crucible, Hadoop, Google Compute Engine, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Nexus, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Haskell, circuit design, wiring, soldering, working with oscilloscopes, multimeters, Arduino, BeagleBone Black, Raspberry Pi, Texas ARM Cortex-M Microcontrollers, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, Agile, Confluence, Servlets & JSP, GSP.
Front End Software Developer Specialist
- Use SVN and GitHub version control systems as source repositories to organize the code base.
- Fix bugs reported by clients and provide ongoing support to enhance applications.
- Used Scrum for agile development and participate in team led solutions, reviewing peer's code for quality and completeness.
- Support production issues as per priority and coordinate efforts with senior developers to get issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Update the UI to include a new CSV download feature for the supported application.
- Available 24x5 to help clients with their pressing needs and escalate issues to senior developers and management when necessary.
- Coordinate with QA personnel in India to help test features before major and minor releases.
- Collaborate with development teams in Australia and USA to tackle difficult problems and stay up-to-date on ongoing technical and business activities.
- Research and report on performance optimization techniques in PostgreSQL that closely mimic existing implementations in Oracle.
- Implement SQL batch statements for database write operations resulting in dramatic performance improvement and responsiveness in the application.
Technical Services Analyst (DevOps and Support)
- Represent the DevOps Support team and assist RBC employees with application access, workflow development, project management and troubleshooting with Jira, Confluence, Fisheye + Crucible, Jenkins, GitHub, SVN and Nexus.
- Assist development teams across RBC with migration from SVN to GitHub while conforming to policies laid down by Governance and IT Risk teams.
- Setup and troubleshoot build jobs in Jenkins, configure nodes and other management tasks related to application build and deployment with integrations across JIRA, GitHub, SVN and Nexus.
- Answer ad hoc queries from Capital Markets employees over phone calls and online chats and troubleshoot project, repository, build and permissioning issues.
- Develop an AJAX-based Python application using Flask for Identity and Access Management of Capital Markets employees.
Environment: Jenkins, Github, SVN, Nexus, Jira, Confluence, Fisheye + Crucible, Python, Flask.
- Worked as part of the Reconciliations Enhancement Project team in configuring and automating reconciliations using a third-party vendor software product, remote Linux and Microsoft servers and proprietary TD tools.
- Designed and implemented Java applications to automate user-role data feed and report generation using SQL Server for business consumption.
- Implemented the logic in the proprietary reconciliations application for various account transactions to reconcile.
- Schedule jobs to run daily using AutoSys workload automation tool.
- Coordinated closely in an Agile environment with Project Manager, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts and other team members to plan, design and develop robust solutions in a timely manner.
Environment: Java, Linux and Windows servers, SQL Server.
- Selected to received training in Java and other relevant technologies to be contracted out to one of many FDM clients’ technology team.
- Created reports and delivered solo and group presentations on technical topics to academy trainers and other trainees.
- Applied knowledge and skills acquired in a solo project developing a web-based Trading Platform with back-end support.
- Collaborated on a final group project implementing a Project Management System using Spring MVC, JPA, Web technologies including Bootstrap and jQuery.
- Design and develop software components using the Grails framework
- Develop features in Confidential 's custom application by extending the plugins, in particular, a document store feature that allows users to store documents in Amazon S3 storage.
- Present implementations to senior developers and management for review.
- Debug the application using Chrome Developer Tool.
- Experience in maintaining a large number of files through SVN version control system.
- Take part in design sessions and code review with fellow developers.
- Rapidly prototype new capabilities to confirm feasibility.
Junior Web & Business Intelligence Developer
- Collaborate as part of the Business Intelligence (BI) team working on setting up a Hadoop-based data analytics framework for Confidential .
- Script in Python, Bash and SQL to modify existing programs and develop new ones.
- Develop automation methods to collect, process and present daily business data using available tools in Linux and Google App Engine.
- Write a major portion of the documentation for Confidential ’s Business Intelligence system.
- Deliver presentations and daily updates on the weekly sprint work.
- Occasionally collaborate with Product and Infrastructure teams in minor roles as new requirements are provided.