Experienced Native iOS developer (Swift/Objective - C) with over 10 years of mobile experience, 15 years of back end API / Database experience (Linux, AWS, Node.js, Java, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL)
- Native iOS app development (Swift, Objective-C), CoreData, JSON/REST API’s, Cocoa Touch, XCode, BlueTooth, Map Kit, Web Kit, UI Framework, Core Animation, Push Notifications, Confidential, UI/UX, Storyboards, Auto-Layout, Publishing to iTunes, Confidential Human Interface Guidelines “HIG”.
- Location Based Services, NXP, MicroChip, ESP8266/ESP32, Raspberry PI and Arduino,
- Intel Curie Module, Microservices and formal RESTful API’s.
- TechCrunch Disrupt, AngelHack and AT&T Hackathons.
- Startup Weekend Mentoring (iOS development and API Development)
- Swift 2/3/4.2, Objective-C, Linux (vi, sed, bash, grep, tuning), Mac OSX, Tomcat/JBoss, Java 1.8 (J2EE, EJB, JAXB, JMS, JDBC, Jersey).
Lead iOS Developer / Architect
- Wrote native mobile applications for iOS from scratch for Travel Industry in Swift and published multiple app on iTunes.
- Worked extensively with the CTO and CEO on technology decisions for the industry and made presentations to some of the largest players in the Travel Industry.
- Hired and staffed projects to include US based developers, marketing and SEO programs and worked with dozens of external contractors in the US and offshore.
- Traveled around the world to meet and bring teams together for large projects and integrations.
- Worked as lead developer and Scrum Master on projects to provide consistency.
- Provided methods to load test API end points and validate critical issues in legacy systems.
- Created apps for several mobile projects consisting of base project with shared code and child projects for specific mobile applications (Xcode/Swift) for sharing of code and no cut and paste between projects to include Database code, UI and common logic.
- Created and presented best practices for mobile development using multiple storyboards and explained how multiple teams can work on project UI by properly breaking up storyboards and using proper integration even across projects.
- Worked with large travel companies from airlines to ticket providers on large scale systems, Amazon EC2 and S3 deployments with Java/J2EE platforms.
- Created mobile interfaces using JSON, REST and SOAP API’s.
- Developed Mobile strategy to include mobile applications for iOS and Android (Swift/Java) and back end server components for REST end points and Real Time CHAT interface providing mobile and web interactions (Sockets on Mobile / Web Sockets on Web).
- Created Machine Learning solutions for predictive pricing models.
- Worked on next generation mobile payment systems for Travel Industry for unique Verticals to include Airline, Hotels, Cars, Cruises and Events.
- Published multiple iOS on iTunes using XCode, Swift, Objective-C, UIFrameworks, Storyboards, MapKit, CoreData, REST/JSON connecting to back end API’s, APNS (Push Notifications), Node.js and Java API Servers with MongoDB.
ConfidentialLead iOS Developer / Architect
- Created Native iOS Mobile applications (Swift) to provide BlueTooth Integration into medical devices for internal applications on iPad and iPhone. Created back end REST API’s to support applications in Java.
- Created Native iOS Mobile applications (Swift/Objective-C) to provide BlueTooth Integration into medical devices connecting into legacy .Net C# back end REST API’s to support applications.
- Created Native iOS Mobile applications (Swift) to provide BlueTooth Integration into farm equipment for planting equipment that supports dozens of concurrent connections to hardware pulled in back of a large tractor to support real-time measurement of seed and chemicals being deployed at a specific GPS location, storing data in CoreData for upload later for mapping and analysis. Created REST API’s on Node.js system using MongoDB, Express and Redis.
- Trained and provided guidance for management and developers. Developed iBeacon based tracking system for equipment and personnel, Created iOS apps for Service Management of facilities integrating into People Soft via Java Rest/JSON API’s including Vignette Image Database Integration from iOS Camera. Developed Doctor / Clinical apps integrated with IoT devices.
- Designed and developed IoT based Low Energy Bluetooth architecture for Glucose BLE sensor for iOS devices. Wrote BLE CGM Simulator for iPhone iOS and Mac OS X in Objective-C and Swift. Created API’s end point integration into J2EE Enterprise SOA components created for CGM BLE framework using CoreBlueTooth, CoreData and other iOS facilities.
- Created templates for Enterprise applications and developed core applications for employees supporting Crashlytics and custom internal / enterprise app store.
- Created WiFI IoT systems using ESP8266 and Intel Curie Modules for Wearable devices.
- Developed SOAP/XML and Rest/JSON Interfaces for Medical professional mobile applications for HIPPA and non-HIPPA related data. Created cached Core-Data based applications for offline access of core information and online update when devices were connected to sync changes.
- Provided on iOS, Node.js and Java/J2EE best practices to include design pattern usage such as Singleton, Factory, Delegate and Observer for consistent design across platforms. iOS, BLE, GIT, Objective-C, Swift, XCode, Storyboards, AutoLayout, Java, REST/JSON API’s, MongoDB, Node.js, Express.
- Created Confidential Watch apps and worked with Confidential . Created Apps and Extensions as well as middleware for Location and Beacon interfaces for end to end Confidential watch Solution for several customers.
- Worked onsite and created Confidential Watch Loyalty system for major retailer consisting of Geo-Notification when in a retailer on Watch as well as display of Loyalty barcode on device as Glance Interface.
- Led / mentored team of 15 offshore developers in India, Russia and Brazil. These developers consisted of iOS, Android, Node.js and Java/J2EE Resources.
- Created POC for iOS Confidential and integrated with Production Applications. Created POC for iBeacon solutions and integrated with Production Applications. Created CoreData Cache database for store products and iBeacon presentations. Created High Performance Java/J2EE REST/JSON server API's for integration with Fast Cache Solution for Retail and Social applications. Created Pre-loaded CoreData solutions for super fast content loading and pre-loading. Created Predictive Search and Knowledge Matching Routines for Customer search.
- Created APNS (Push Notifications) system for In-Store Notifications system for Customer Pickup (In-App-Purchase and In-Store-Pickup) that allowed multiple devices to received the same messages but one device to clear them all, Also supported Store to Store messages (Check Inventory, Put aside for customer, etc.). iOS BLE, Confidential, iBeacons, Objective-C, Swift, XIB, Arc, Storyboard, Auto-Layout, Java, Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB.
- 1st Employee at well funded startup. Hired other employees, setup office, computers, network, development standards, web sites, everything needed for a software development house.
- Directly managed 2 Managers and mentored over 20 developers as well as offshore resources.
- Wrote iOS apps for Social Messaging, Activity Planning and Dating. Developed Technical Architecture for mobile platform consisting of Rest/JSON services on Amazon EC2 servers backed by MongoDB for a location based Social Network. Created iOS and Android components as needed. Trained and Mentored team members on high scale project using Java, Objective-C, Bootstrap and MongoDB.
- Created Socket Based Chat Interface to support XMPP style messages.
- Created APNS Push Systems and Google GCM with integration with Twillio for SMS registration validations.
- Created apps and published on iTunes and Google Play to include US, UK and other countries. iOS Objective-C, Swift, GIT, XIB, Arc, Storyboard, Auto-Layout, Android, Java, J2EE, Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB.
Mobile Development Architect / Lead Mobile Developer
- Lead iOS development for Pocket Avatar Social Messaging app (Licensed to a Confidential as Memoji), created Objective-C and Objective-C++ components, UX and worked with UI designers to create and publish app. Created XMPP and XMPP-Light frameworks for messaging, Communications Manager for Cached REST/JSON server integration. Java/Jersey/MongoDB Server components for Amazon EC2 platform.
- Worked with many startup projects for review of Investment and technology group.
- Created Ad platform SDK for iOS and Android (Objective-C and Java), Created back end REST/JSON API’s. Created Social Gaming Network SDK. SDK was written to support Game Platforms on iOS (Objective-C, Unity, Cocos2D, Android (Java) and HTML5. Created Mobile SDK to connect with server for Game Dashboard, Social Integrations with Facebook, Friends and in-network players with Social interaction components. Worked with Server components based in Java using JSON / Rest based interface and Redis / MongoDB persistence and management for iOS Push Notifications (APNS) and Google C2DM service. Java/J2EE services (HTML/EMAIL/SMS/Push Notification. Worked with Java on the server endpoints with MYSQL and REDIS storage. Integrated in-app payments systems using various integrators to include Confidential, Google Play and Carrier specific integration ( Confidential, Confidential, AT&T, etc.). Create URL Launching to facilitate applications to be installed and launched from a common dashboard based on interest, how often played and friend recommendations. Worked on POP platform for various content to include message, offers and Video Ads. iOS Objective-C, XIB, Arc, Storyboard, Android, Java.
Lead Retail Banking iPhone / iOS Native Mobile Developer
- Converted Mobile web page to Native Objective-C mobile application providing initial Confidential / Bank locations via GPS and Map display, iterated to provide full mobile banking for account balances, transfers and detail history on mobile by merging mobile web to native components.
- Worked with designers on branding and UI design to follow Confidential HIG. Published iOS Native app on iTunes.
- Wrote new Java/Struts action classes to integrate into Business Layer to support integration of Investment accounts into BofA Mobile banking application. Created JMS Queues and messages beans.
Sr. Java Mobile Developer / Widget Runtime Architect / HTML5 Mobile Framework Architect
- Created code and documentation for mobile handsets (J2ME and Android beta).
- Reviewed Vendor proposals and worked with Manufactures software deliverables and quality control. Worked on www.jil.org Developer web site to include Site creation, Styles and colors and Browser compatibility issues.
- Worked on Widget Porting Engine to include Opera / DashBoard / Google and BONDI Widget conversions. Worked on new handsets based on Android OS and Limo to include emulator of core components and new Eclipse based SDK and Handset Emulator. Participated in standards discussions and presentations for JIL Widgets in London and China.. Created UI Entities with GWT and business). Developed Specifications and designs for Widget Runtime environments to for JIL Widget Runtime Engines. Presented new concepts and solutions to standards committee (JIL / OMTP, and OHA).
- Ported Android applications from 1.0 to Android 1.5 components.