- Overall 5+ years of IT Experience, including Development, Systems Administration and Build/Release Management, Cloud Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using different tools.
- Excellent understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Expertise in Automation, Configuring, Deploying utilizing almost the entire AWS stack (EC2, ECS, ELB, S3, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, OpsWork, Security Groups) focusing on fault tolerance, high availability, and auto - scaling.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Azure (PAAS and IAAS) technology and Azure Components (Fabric, RDFE, Storage, CDN, Azure Websites, and WATM) automation Testing.
- Strong experience working on several docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experienced in RESTful service design, documentation, and implementation experience; AWS API Gateway.
- Experience in designing end to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by integrating cloud formation scripts, Jenkins, AWS and Chef cookbooks and recipes.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, DevOps Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS automation services - Cloud Formation templates, Terraform.
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Dexterity in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience in using the build tools like Apache Maven, ANT and Gradle for the generation of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear files from the source code.
- Experiences in IaaS (OpenStack) and PaaS service like OpenStack, AWS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Experienced in Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios, Cloud Watch and Splunk.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Hands on experience in creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Team City and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic & WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using Bash, Shell, Python, Ruby, Go and Perl scripts.
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, and confluence.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leader ship skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments.
Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, Open Stack, PCF.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, Perforce, GitHub, AtlassianBitbucket, GitLab's
Languages: C, C++, .Net, java, PHP, Python, Shell, Perl, Ruby
Build Tools: Apache ANT, Maven, Gradle, Microsoft Build.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, MySQL, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra.
Continuous Integration: Tools Jenkins, TeamCity, Atlassian Bamboo.
Repository Management: Tools Nexus, JFrog. Artefact
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
Containerization/Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, REMEDY
Monitoring Tools: NAGIOS, Splunk
Operating Systems/Virtualization Tools: Linux, Windows Servers, Ubuntu, Virtual Box, VMware.
Application Servers/ Middleware: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS.
Confidential, Del City, OK
- Automated Build and Deployment process-setup Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of applications onto different environments like Dev, QA and Production.
- Created Ansible scripts for EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancers and S3 buckets, Planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as code using CI/CD deployments using Ansible.
- Created, maintained and administered GitHub as Source control manager and GitHub branch management and merging to facilitate collaboration between development teams and Configured Web hooks for push events on GitHub to trigger a build automatically on Jenkins.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using Gradle as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed Ansible Tower and wrote playbooks, created roles to rollout configurations to different environments.
- Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins, Gradle for deployment and build management system.
- Initiated Microservices application through Docker and Kubernetes cluster formation for scalability of the application.
- Dockerized the java Spring Boot micro service application by writing the Docker file as required.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python and app deployments and worked on AWS lambda with Amazon kinesis. Deployed Ansible modules to provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Worked on architecture included Docker as the container technology with Kubernetes and worked on with REST API.
- Deployment of Cloud service including Jenkins and Nexus using Terraform.
- Design and demonstrated several Proof of Concepts (POC for Kubernetes platform).
- Configured Chef Infrastructure. Setup chef infrastructure for various environments. Used open source chef, chef-solo and chef-zero. Also, written various cookbooks for infrastructure automation.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Administration of DevOps tools suite: Team city, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Puppet, Octopus Deploy and ELK stack.
- Performed automation engineer tasks and implemented the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana) for AWS EC2 hosts.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (elastic search, log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Administration of the tools with this order Teamcity, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Puppet, Octopus Deploy and ELK stack.
- Manage Confluence trouble shooting, permissions, and workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Performed S3 buckets creation.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities in collaboration with respective teams
Environment: Java, AWS, Chef, Ansible, OpenStack, GIT, Jenkins, Terraform, Gradle, JIRA, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Apache Tomcat, ELK, WebSphere, Python script, Ruby script, MySQL.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications through the agile process Using DevOps tools.
- Worked with Development and QA teams to continuously integrate software development using Maven, GIT, Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and Involved in editing the existing Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Used Aws Lambda for Server less code compiling and Kinesis for the product development.
- Implemented continuous delivery pipeline involving Jenkins, Ansible to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Used the Application Server Admin (JBOSS/ Tomcat) to manage the systems remotely using Ansible and using Linux.
- Incorporated Ansible and Vagrant to provision testing environments and model network configuration changes.
- Communicated with groups to create REST API services to expose team data in a secure way with token-based authentication.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Used the AWS-CLI to suspend an AWS Lambda function processing an Amazon Kinesis stream, then to resume it again.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table or S3 bucket or to HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Achieved Continuous Delivery on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with Nginx.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud and automating the installation of software through PowerShell scripts.
- Worked with Nexus repository manager to proxy, collect, and manage the dependencies on the collection of JARs.
- Developed Open Stack API to integrate with Amazon EC2 cloud based architecture in AWS, including creating machine Images.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Employed automation, utilizing PowerShell and batch scripting best practices and Cloud Formation templates, to ensure repeatable deployments and for automating the AMI image deployment.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts to schedule jobs. Also wrote pre-session and post-session shell scripts, Wrote PL/SQL scripts for dropping, debugging and rebuilding indexes.
- Configured and managed environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD on OpenStack for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPC's, ELB's, security group's, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and Release Team.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch, creating automated build and release environment using CI/CD Tools like Jenkins Route 53.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Ansible, Openstack, Terraform, Kubernetes, Poweshell, WebSphere, Chef, TFS, JIRA, Windows.
evOps Build & Release Engineer
- Designing and Developing high availability infrastructure on AWS cloud using different AWS services as EC2, VPC, ELB, AMI, Snapshot, CloudFormation, IAM, EFS based on HLD documents.
- Integrated Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configurations of new servers.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) with autoscaling groups and generating SSL certs and installing on ELB for authentication.
- Creating custom AMIs based on Ec2 Volume snapshot.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances and Created multi AZ VPC instances and implementing custom security groups on VPCs.
- Working with AWS IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Using Maven as a build tool and generating archive files (.war files) of Java Web Services and deploying on multiple Web Server instances by using Jenkins.
- Monitoring Web Servers log files to track any issues and do the root cause analysis and finding the solution.
- Running HP Fortify Scan for finding vulnerabilities on source code.
- Working with Apache JMeter for to test the Web Services load performance on Apache Web Servers
- Maintaining security frameworks like SSH key management and SSL certs.
- Implementing Sprint planning schedule for Agile methodology life cycle.
- Providing On-call support for CMIS tickets on rotation basis for 24*7 on production machine functionalities.
- Working directly with design, development, and testing teams with a focus towards providing support for code migrated to production.
Environment: AWS, Java, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Stash, Windows.
Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system.
- Maintain and enhance current build procedures for all software development projects.
- Branching and merging of the code base in CVS.
- Used Maven to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM practices and procedures.
- Deploying Java Enterprise applications to Apache Web Server.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release
- Posting the build on time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until the specified release goes LIVE
Environment: Java/J2ee, CVS, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, Linux, Shell Scripts, Apache Web Server