- IT professional with 7 years of experience in AWS Cloud, Azure and GCP Infrastructure automation, configuration management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and system administration.
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB , EBS for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, IAM ) focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation and Terraform.
- Utilized AWS Route53 to maintain DNS zones and provide public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's and managed DNS records using Route53 .
- Experience in working within the Cloud platforms like OpenStack and AWS for integration processes.
- Used Terraform templates for provisioning the cloud Infrastructure in AWS and developed modules for saving the time and wrote Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Expertise in writing Terraform templates to deploy various cloud environment infrastructures like Dev, QA and UAT in AWS.
- Built Azure environments by deploying Azure IaaS Virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS).
- Expertise in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App Services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Fabric Controller, Azure AD, Azure Search , and Notification Hub .
- Configuring and Managing in Hadoop Clusters for Spark streaming jobs using Microsoft Azure and along with SQL.
- Worked with Version control tools Subversion/ Git Branching, Merge Strategies, migrated projects from Subversion repositories to GitHub Enterprise repositories through Team Foundation server ( TFS ).
- Wrote Shell scripts to automate GIT branching, merging, tagging and various other version control tasks.
- Experience administrating/facilitating source code repository tools, including SVN and Bitbucket.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Experience in designing and implementing Ansible, including the internal best practices, playbooks, automated playbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Ansible CI.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Implemented Continuous Delivery pipelines using Docker, Jenkins and Bitbucket.
- Experience with Build Management tools Ant / Maven for writing build .xml and Pom.xml
- Used ANT / MAVEN as a build tools for the development of build artifacts on the source code and stored on Nexus/JFrog Artifactory .
- Wrote Maven build scripts for various Java/J2EE applications and mobile applications from scratch and integrated various release, test and deploy plug-ins.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo using JIRA .
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA , GitHub .
- Experience with Configuration and Maintenance of Automation tools like Puppet, Ansible and Chef .
- Working for Devops Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates, JAVA Script Python , Ruby , GO , Chef , Puppet .
- Experience in implementing Puppet Agent Based and Agentless Configurations, Puppet dashboards , M collective with active mq server , plugin-sync , stored configs , Hiera and deployed ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Worked in using Dockers Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker Hub, Docker Registries .
- Created private Cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST , and PROD environments.
- Worked on Kubernetes for container orchestration that runs Docke r containerized.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Used various monitoring tools like Cloud Watch , Splunk , AppDynamics and Zenoss for all Environments. And use ELK (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana) for some services.
- Set up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Oracle /Sun Solaris, Oracle Linux server.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a variety of clustering software configurations including Veritas and Red hat clustering.
- Experience automating deployments on Application Server JBoss, Tomcat.
- Experience in installing, integrating and tuning Webservers such as web server 6.3, 6.5, Tomcat 4.x, 5.x & Apache Server 1.x, 2.x.
- Written cookbooks for Web Logic , JDK 1.7, and Jenkins, Tomcat , JBoss and deployment automation.
Build systems: Maven, Ant, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo
Application servers: WebLogic, Apache tomcat, JBoss.
Version control Tools: GIT, SVN.
Scripting Language: Groovy, shell, Ruby.
Languages: Java, Python
Operating system: Linux, Unix, MS windows.
Virtualization platforms: VirtualBox, VM ware.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
Configuration management: Ansible, chef &Puppet
Containerization Tool: Docker, Vagrant.
Orchestration tool: Kubernetes, Mesos.
Clouds: AWS, Azure.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK and Cloud Watch.
Databases: SQL, MYSQL, Dynamo DB and MongoDB.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Worked with AWS Cloud platform and its features, which include IAM, EC2, S3, AMI, EBS, CLI, Cloud Watch, SNS, and RDS.
- Implemented Amazon RDS multi- AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud Watch .
- Implemented Micro Services with AWS ECS Docker, code build, packaging, pipeline, provisioning, deploy , commit process and change management .
- Experience in creating Docker containers from scratch using AMI's leveraging existing Linux Containers.
- Wrote Puppet code to provision infrastructure including LAMP stacks, Oracle middleware, Artifactory and Docker .
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Automated provisioning a bare-metal server using Ubuntu MAAS to be used for deploying OpenStack on a Kubernetes control plane.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide PAAS on VMware, public and private cloud, and used OpenShift for improving manageability of container.
- Designed Node with lambda and API gateway to connect the Amazon S3 service to store and retrieve the media files.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on AWS utilizing kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Used GIT HUB as source code repositories. Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT , Subversion (SVN)/Bit Bucket .
- Hands on with Ansible to configure and deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.
- Automated the deployment of java builds using chef and ansible. Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible .
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Developed Shell and Python scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Wrote Lambda function in python scripts for AWS lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Automate the provisioning of test and production infrastructure in AWS using tools like Terraform and Chef.
- Expertise on tool called Terraform for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure.
- Architected, planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as deployments using Terraform .
- Worked on Automating the provisioning of AWS cloud using CloudFormation and Terraform , and Azure Cloud resources using ARM Templates.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and written cookbooks and recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes .
- Installed Chef -Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife .
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration TFS using Chef , Puppet.
- Worked in an Agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins .
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2Linux instances with Puppet automation.
- Worked on Setting up monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer Latency.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux , Centos, Ubuntu servers.
- Configured local Maven repositories with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Used Jenkins, SonarQube, and check style to allow continuous integration, code quality evaluation, and vulnerability tracking.
- Creating Jenkins servers with the backup in AWS for different teams and migrating the jobs from other servers to have team specific Jenkins servers.
- Knowledge on Jenkins workflow plugin to help CD process via container-based deployments using tools like docker.
- Responsible for MongoDB installation, configuration and administration. Also ensured connection to RDS database is running on MySQL engines.
- Exposure JIRA tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change Management.
- Drafted and executed Perl, Bash & Maven scripts in QA, Staging and Production environments. Modified build configuration files including POM.xml .
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell . Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked extensively on automating task using bash script and Ruby . Deployed application and scripts to different node using ruby on rails.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Involved in enabling cluster logs and search slow logs temporarily using rest API calls to collect logs, and analyzing those logs to troubleshoot the Elasticsearch related functional and performance issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Load Balancing and other services of the GCP family.
- Configuring and deploying instances on GCP environments and Data centers, also familiar with Compute, Kubernetes Engine, Elastic Search
Environment: Git, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Shell, Python, Chef, Knife, Terraforms, Jenkins, SonarQube, check style, Mango DB, Ruby, MySQL, Jira, Perl, Bash, Nexus, GCP.
Confidential, Deerfield, FL
- Expertise in deploying Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Creating Gateways for Virtual Network to Virtual Network and Site to Site specific VPN connectivity on Azure environments.
- Used Azure BLOB to access required files and Azure Storage Queues to communicate between related processes.
- Configured Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Involved in migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and then Deployed application to Azure Cloud.
- Experience on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Experience using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , Ansible , Gradle and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository , setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository ( Nexus Artifactory).
- Developed Power Shell 2.0 scripting to work with TFS Object Model to utilize for more repeatable, automated processes and tasks.
- Built an on demand dedicated server hosting platforms using Docker Golang and Redis.
- Developed Docker files and scripts to build and deploy Docke r images for multitier architecture, which consist of frontend web servers, API servers, backend logic servers.
- Worked on Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks , recipes , and data bags for server configuration, deployment, and app stack build outs.
- Work with Build and Release teams to enhance the current process to implement a better software packaging and delivery by automation using Jenkins & chef.
- Good knowledge of how to build multi-data center and multi-rack Cassandra Cluster .
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MSSQL , MySQL , Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implemented and Responsible for deploying chain automation across environments such as Integration, QA, Stage and Production environments.
- Good experience in Splunk , WLST, Shell scripting to automate and monitor the environment routine tasks.
- Experience in writing Bash , Shell Scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management.
- Whenever a new Git branch gets started, our CI tool Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new AWS ECS/ Docker container from it.
- Developed and Automated the Tests to validate the correctness of the Servers Configuration . Expressed in YAML Code and Used GIT to update the playbooks to the GIT repository.
- Expertise in automating the builds and releases of Java , .NET and AngularJS applications using VSTS/Azure Devops Services.
- Migrated some of the build jobs from Jenkins to VSTS and Agile Boards from Jira to Azure Devops Services.
Environment: Jenkins, Azure, SQL, Cassandra cluster, ANT, Chef, Ansible, Java, Maven, GIT, Ruby, Splunk, Docker, Python, Pipeline.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Sr. Build and Release Engineer
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud Environments ( AWS ) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Worked on AWS cloud infrastructure to maintain Web servers on EC2 instances with AMIS behind Elastic load balancer with Auto-scaling to maintain scalability and elasticity to scale up and down the servers as per requirement.
- Developed a running Chef server on AWS to manage EC2 clusters; And, to exploit the existing cookbook recipes to manage other AWS resources like security groups, Elastic Load Balancers and Elastic Block Store volumes. And integrated Chef with CloudFormation to update Auto Scaling groups.
- Generated Blueprints, designed as well as deployed scalable infrastructure with high availability on AWS Cloud platform applied all standards and security for various services like S3 buckets , routing, and subnets to the infrastructure.
- Installed OpenStack Controller, Compute, object and block storage in premises datacenter and as well as Involved in Installation and administration of OpenStack Components.
- Worked on writing Jenkins pipeline scripts using Groovy and Job DSL Plugin for creating common templates of pipeline jobs.
- Administered GIT Repositories and managed account administration, branching, merging, patch fixes and snapshots by creating post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in Git Repositories.
- Worked with continuous integration tool Jenkins to build and test the team's software projects and automated Maven.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Use of Jenkins for build automation by creating jobs and adding them to the Git and Git hub .
- Created maven and MS build jobs on Jenkins for build automation and developed scripts for deployment.
- Implement containerized workflows into customer environments through use of Docker tools and supporting technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet , and other open source codebases.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, Docker images , Docker hub .
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines.
- Worked with Source Code Management System Git/Bitbucket and with build manager for Java projects Maven .
- Experience in Writing Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring and constructed the Puppet modules for continuous deployment.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git .
- Handling ticketing system for troubleshooting server level issues and performing 3rd party installations.
- Created multiple Docker files which do support the images with CentOS and Amazon Linux platforms.
- Docker is mainly considered to isolate the test execution from the bamboo agents, which avoids the overhead on the Bamboo agent and effects on Bamboo users.
- Developed Batch scripts to automate the .Net Builds using Bamboo CI server.
- Information regarding the server, the status of their builds is monitored using REST API of Bamboo application .
- Upgraded and Migrated to Jira from Clear Quest for bug tracking and project tracking.
- Experience working with Cloud -based services and virtualization technologies such as Rackspace Web Services.
Experience: Open stack, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Git, Bitbucket, Maven, Power-shell, SVN, Centos, Ubuntu, Linux, bamboo, Jira, cloud, AWS, Chef, Python, Bamboo.
Build and release Engineer
- Merged Projects Streams with Release Streams after the frozen/production release and resolved the conflicts during the merging on GIT .
- Managed GIT repository, code merging and production deployment.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Worked on JIRA installation and upgrade and Performed JIRA configuration.
- Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Automated the deployment process by writing Python scripts in Jenkins.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process. Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Set-up and configure Bamboo, created Jobs for automating build and deploy activities.
- Implemented Jenkins for Continuous Integration Builds, automated deployments, and Notifications.
- Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Implementing new project builds framework using Maven, Jenkins as build framework tools.
- Created Pipeline in Jenkins by integrating Git and Maven Plugins.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins , Bamboo , Ansible , Maven , and Artifactory in Linux environment.
- Involved in Designing and setup of CI tool Bamboo to integrate SCM tool Git and automated the build process.
- Presented on View Object pattern in Web Application Automation C#, Ruby , Power shell , Selenium , Team City.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Power shell, Jira, Python, ANT.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Oracle RAC database.
- Providing 24/7 support for on-call on Red Hat, LINUX, Ubuntu, Solaris environments.
- Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, and firewalls in both development and production.
- Worked on complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers. Will versed in Apache web server, MySQL VMWare .
- Responsible to solve technical Problems related System administration (Linux of Our Clients).
- Working Knowledge in setting up VMware architecture.
- Power Path software installation, configuration, upgrade and administration on UNIX and Linux Servers.
- Implemented early stages of a continuous integration process based on Jenkins.
- Maintain 99.98% uptime of LINUX production servers and follow proper escalation.
- Created new File systems and Logical Volumes, performed file system management and trouble shooting in Red hat.
- Configuring printers, the Solaris and Linux servers and installing third party software.
- Prepared mock cutover plans and cutover plans for Pre-Prod and Prod Deployments
Environment: Red Hat, Apache, Linux, Ubuntu, Solaris, Oracle Apache /tomcat, MYSQL, VMware, Jenkins.