PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: -
- Overall 7+ years of IT industry experience in Systems Administration and Configuration Management and worked on various Cloud/IaaS platforms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Extensive experience includes SCM, Build/Release Management, performing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, support and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services such as EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, EBS, RDS, ELB, VPC, Route53, OpsWorks, DynamoDB, AutoScaling, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS SES, AWS SWF &AWS DirectConnect.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop stack (Map Reduce, HDFS, Sqoop, Hive/Beeline, H-Base, Oozie and Zookeeper)&well versed in configuring and administering the Hadoop Cluster using major Hadoop Distributions like Apache Hadoop and Cloudera.
- Experienced on end-to-end networking set up like VPC, Subnets, Internet Gateways (IGW) & Security Groups to new clusters and administrate them by set up users, groups with restrictive permissions.
- Expertise on creating Cloud formation templates, Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment of Ec2 resources and package configurations.
- Experienced with performing real time analytics on No SQL databases like MongoDB& Hbase.
- Worked with Oozie workflow engine to schedule time-based jobs to perform multiple actions.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and various methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Worked and experienced a great deal from Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services like EC2, S3, EBS, RDS and VPC.
- Extensive experience on AWS resource and better knowledge on integration Big data applications and jobs with AWS services like SQS, S3, and SNS.
- Experience on designing Lambda functions to automate data ingestion from S3 to Hdfs and build APIs to get & post data from/to S3 buckets.
- Worked on several docker components for containerization using Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Docker Registry, docker images and handled multiple docker images to deploy in Application servers like Tomcat/Jboss/WebSphere and Weblogic.
- Knowledge on AWS for installation and configuration, created Shell scripts to automate daily tasks on public cloud environments.
- Experienced in maintaining Docker containers with Kubernetes to automate the docker container maintenance by using it and worked on with REST API.
- Deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and administration of OpenStack cloud components and worked with OpenStack Services such as Compute, Network, Storage, Dashboard, Image, Identity, Monitoring, and orchestration Service.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, pulling docker images from docker registrar and managing Docker volume.
- Configured and installed Chef Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, wrote chef Cookbooks, Recipe and uploaded them to Chef-Server. Testing of cookbooks using Food Critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by On-premise Chef Server.
- Installed and maintained chef server and chef client configurations and by using pull method chef client pulls all the required configuration for chef server where to maintain the desired state and actual state.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python and app deployments and worked on AWS lambda with Amazon kinesis. Deployed Ansible modules to provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Experience on coordinated with Terraform DSL for automating inside the AWS cloud and Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Used Jenkins and AWS tools to slash release times by 20%. Boosted customer satisfaction by 25%.
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
IaaS: AWS, Azure, OpenStack
Operating Systems: Red Hat (5/6), Solaris (8, 9, 10/11) and IBM AIX (5/6)
Virtualized Platforms: VMware and Virtual Box
OS: Installation Kickstart, Jumpstart
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Test and Build Systems: Cloud Bees & Open Source Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Gradle and MS- build
Web Servers: Apache, IIS
Application Servers: Jboss, Tomcat and WebSphere
Databases: Sql, Oracle
Scripts: Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Ruby and Groovy
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET
Cloud Engineer/DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Designed Configured and launched AWS EC2 instances in cloud environment and setup S3 buckets and Relational Database Services(RDS) to handle data, load balancer and auto scaling, Target groups and created Cloud Formation Templates(CFT) in AWS to automate the infrastructure launching.
- Experience in migrating On - premise infrastructure to cloud platforms like AWS, AZURE by using one of the model like LIFT and SHIFT and virtualized environments using Vagrant with VMware and create containers using Docker. Managed these Docker containers using containerization tools like kubernetes.
- Designed and created own infrastructure in AWS cloud using Virtual Private cloud(VPC), by configuring Subnets in different AZ's for high availability and for security, Route Tables for internal communication between servers and Internet Gateway(IGW) to allow public traffic into own private network.
- Designed and deployed applications utilizing the AWS stack including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, LAMBDA, REDSHIFT, to maintain high-availability and fault tolerance deployed applications in multiple availability zones.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication and provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement along with providing Amazon Resource Name (ARN).
- Build, Test, and deploy scalable, multiple highly available OpenStack instances, images, network, and security, through automation by authoring Terraform modules as well as Ansible Playbooks and Worked with Terraform to create stacks in AWS from the scratch and updated the Terraform as per the organizations requirement on a regular basis.
- Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PowerShell, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using PowerShell, run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers and used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Deploying multi-stack software builds to various environments (VMs, Cloud instances, etc.) using automation tools like Ansible and Chef, minimizing downtime.
- Having experience on Automated OpenStack and AWS deployment using Cloud Formation, heat, Ansible, chef and Terraform and Developed environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash and Terraform.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer and Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform, Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, and other applications. Deployed applications, creating cookbooks, recipes for different environment using ruby scripting.
- Used Bash and PowerShell, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Wrote Python scripts to automate the setting up of infrastructure and used Cloud Formation Templates(CFT) for automatic deployments of AWS resources.
- Wrote Ansible play books using PowerShell scripts in automating the large-scale deployments of applications and provisioning of multiple AWS EC2 instances in cloud and created Docker containers to spin up EC2 instances.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications and Terraform.
- Used Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks and written playbooks. Worked with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling, and Cloud Formation scripts.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Ran Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Developed Splunk infrastructure and related solutions as per automation toolsets and Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Experience in making the application and infrastructure deployments automated by using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments using Jenkins, Maven/ANT/Gradle and to maintain versioning of source code by using Subversion (SVN), GIT and Artifacts version maintenance by using Nexus artifactory repository and automated several Master-Slave configurations using temporary slaves.
- Setup Jenkins as a service inside the docker swarm cluster to cut down the downtime/failover time to minutes. Managed and automated the Docker containers deployments using Kubernetes.
- Implementing and Managing Docker containers and Kubernetes infrastructure and working on Worked in Devops group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 instances in AWS cloud.
Confidential - Memphis, TN
- Configured instances using AWS EC2 and configured Elastic Load Balancer for continuous health checks, Optimized volumes and Auto scaling groups and Configured object storage S3 bucket for backup and used Glacier to achieve data in cost effective manner, used multiple methods such(DMS) as Data Migration services to transfer large data from on-premise to AWS cloud.
- Worked on AWS IAM service for user management, groups and grant permission to new accounts, groups roles to access EC2, S3 and RDS services.
- Installed Chef Server and Chef Client and created Chef Recipes and Cookbooks, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing ruby scripts Test-Kitchen/chef spec.
- Experience in writing Puppet Manifests files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and for managing the full application stack deployments into application servers such as Tomcat/Jboss/WebSphere.
- Worked on AWS services like CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront to setup and manage cached content delivery for speedy recovery and created Elastic load balancers (ELB) for high availability and used Route53 for DNS resolution.
- Installed and maintained the monitoring and alerting of corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch and developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates (CFT) and AWS Terraform.
- Completely automated configuring and deploying AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, EBS, RDS, EC2, S3 bucket and application configuration, wrote scripts to creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Worked in providing SaaS services using OpenStack by providing Mediawiki as a tool to Organization and Made Backup scripts for storing configuration of all OpenStack services.
- Created and managed Cinder volumes in OpenStack Cloud and collected measurements across OpenStack using Ceilometer Telemetry Service.
- Experience in Bamboo to setup CI/CD build for projects in DEV/Testing/ Production environments. Using bamboo as CI and installed maven plugins and chef as configuration tools deployed many web applications in app server.
- Maintained GIT repositories for automation code and configuration in CI/CD Process to build and deploy the applications by utilizing tools such as Ant/Maven/Gradle with plugins in Jenkins server.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks, recipes using ruby to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Worked on Docker hub, Docker Images and handling multiple images for installations and configurations and Responsible for running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS cloud.
- Involved in developing unit and functional scripts for frontend and backend applications using Python, Groovy scripts.
- Worked on creating Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Experience in setting up kubernetes cluster using KOPS scripts and rancher and experience in creating build process for docker based deployments using Jenkins pipelines.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Created Classes, Configuration files and complex resources in Chef modules and reused existing Build-In variables, setting Environment and managing packages, services, files and their dependencies in Chef.
- Enhanced existing shell/python scripts which includes build path, build directories, process to copy deployment package and run them in deployment directories.
- Communicated with Onsite and Offshore team for making the project run smooth and coordinated all teams in deployments of large scale applications.
- Managed Business Application Support in building/deploying the development projects of SDLC and STLC with automation testing like Selenium
Confidential - Wholesale, Virtusa
- By configuring SonarQube in Jenkins and test the code duplications, Code errors.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Managed dependencies in Maven project by creating parent-child relationships between required projects and collaborate the deployment process with Shell and Perl scripts are managed in application servers. Support a Devops Model for all of BT Internal Autofix Infrastructure.
- Integrating Hudson with monitoring and logging tools.
- Develop Automation of deployment Procedures to reduce Manual Effort.
- Involved in creating Environments (SIT/UAT/Production) through Automation scripts from the scratch level.
- In charge Taken for Total Middleware Support including Application support in resolving the Devops issues.
- Integrated the CI/CD tool Jenkins by configuring plugins of Build tools(Maven/ANT/Gradle) and Source code management tools(GIT/SVN) and get the updated source code by configuring GIT Webhook plugin in Jenkins.
- Configured Nexus to maintain artifact repository and check the code quality
- Worked in creating the automated process for build & deployments via Jenkins & Python scripts for java applications and Supported development team, qa team during build and deployments in dev, qa and production environments for Build Issues.
- Worked in Building, Managing, and Continuously Improving the Build Infrastructure for software development teams by Implementing with build scripts, Continuous Integration Infrastructure and Deployment Tools.
- Manage multiple customer requirement to build and enhance CI/CD pipeline & serve team for best practices throughout deployment process and Administered for automating, troubleshooting build-deployments process using deployment scripts, Jenkins & CM tools.
- Troubleshooting & resolving build failures due to any issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process setup and writing deployment scripts using shell and python.
- Worked in automation initiatives with different teams DevOps and Development team and Coordinated projects to move to the production environment and communicated
- Used commands for creating new USERS, GROUPS, USER PASSWORDS, CHANGING PASSWORDS, MANAGING USER ACCOUNTS and locking users, monitored system processes system status, identifying system bottlenecks.
- Ability to perform configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP and others. Worked on virtual and physical Linux host for decommission.
- Involved in Troubleshooting network problems like NFS, NIS, Samba, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, MySQL and Responsible to solve technical Problems Related System administration (Linux of Our Clients).
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the NETWORK, implementing automated tasks through CRONTAB, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Provisioned Red Hat Linux and Solaris Servers using Kickstart and Jumpstart network-based installation.
- Configured and maintained the Volume Groups, Logical Volumes using Logical Volume Management (LVM), VERITAS Volume Manager (VXVM) and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) across environments.
- Configured Databases, Clustering, Firewalls and cross-platform tools like SAMBA and Handling the day-to-day Operations, Troubleshooting & Solve Server Problems in LINUX.
- Configuration of Secured Shell (SSH) Linux servers. Automated routine jobs by developing Korn, Perl and Bash shell-scripts.
- Creating hard and soft or symbolic links, remotely assessing Servers using putty terminal, transferring files using WinSCP emulator, transferring files between UNIX, Linux and Windows systems. Modifying the content of text files using the "vi" text editor.