- AWS Cloud Architect and DevOps engineer with professional technical experience with enterprise software. Have worked on projects that involved large - scale migrations from physical to virtual and cloud infrastructure, as well as projects that focused on consolidation and automation of existing cloud infrastructure. Extensive experience with AWS, virtualization, automation tools, continuous integration and delivery
Cloud architect (consultant)Confidential
- Support and implement best-practice DevOps solutions to external clients.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Research and work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure.
- Create and maintain a common containerization, services configuration management, services deployment and CI/CD pipeline.
- Work with engineering team to support their initiatives and participate in architecture, tooling, training.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, standardization.
- Create and maintain a common microservices platform and tooling - k8s infrastructure, monitoring, logging, boilerplates.
- Focus on quality, performance and security of existing platform.
- Help shape a DevOps culture and foster its adoption.
- Worked as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Microsoft technologies, especially Windows Active Directory and Exchange
Sr. devops engineer
- Automated Infrastructure Provisioning on AWS Cloud using Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Chef and CloudFormation templates). Tools and Frameworks followed - Agile/Scrum, Jenkins and GitHub for CI/CD and Source Code Management.
- Created Cloud Formation Templates to create AWS Environment on demand for lower environments (Dev, Test).
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level consultations and support in areas of Server Virtualization, Cloud adoption with business objective of reducing CapEX and OpEX and at the same time providing technical benefits like on-demand provisioning.
- Administered Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers and workstations. Performed server and security audits, system backup procedures, and recovery processes to support business continuity strategies.
- Webservices testing using SOATest.
- Developed a database driven PowerShell installer to automate web deployments with the capacity to deploy to “n” at a fan out fashion. Resulted in decreased downtime, less manual errors, Visibility to key participants during deployment.
- Created smoke test to be integrated with automated builds to verify code deployment and the health of the application.
- Re-wrote existing QTP framework to facility data driven testing, focusing on maintainability, reusability, better reporting for auditing etc
- Migrated source code repository from visual source safe to Team foundation server. Acting TFS Administrator. Educate developers with efficient branching, merging and best practices while using TFS.
- Created custom TFS client plugins to solve complex in-house problems during the source control migration.
- Automate regression test cases using CodedUI. Ability to debug application errors using Intellitrace.
- Involvement with global infrastructure design and capacity planning.
- Maintain Development and Quality Assurance (QA) environments.
- Find the bottlenecks with the current build process and optimize.
- Develop automated deployment strategy supporting multiple environments/data centers with rollback facilities.
- Maintain and support Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Manage software branches in VSTS and communicate any changes to developers.
Build and release engineer
- Financial platform knowledge and testing experience with end to end validation of requirements.
- Responsible for build and deployment - Identified bottlenecks and redesigned build scripts resulting in 2-3X faster builds and used the setup Continuous Integration.
- Increased developer productivity by increasing deployment frequency upto 3 times in non-production environments.
- Recommended and implemented Distributed Regression Testing with open source tools - Sahi, Selenium RC, Hudson which resulted in executing more test cases in less time.
- Provided expertise and guidance to other team members for solving complex issues.
- Involve in code level debugging when necessary, to fix complicated issues/bugs.
- Troubleshoot issues with IIS, Web Servers.
- Complete ownership of builds and deployment of application to Dev, QA and staging environments.
- Assist with production releases and misc pushes.
- Usability testing and troubleshooting resources for fellow developers and for client implementation teams.
- Used AJAX toolkit extensions for implementing search feature.
- Implemented Google API, SIMILE Exhibit to showcase hundreds of electronic resources using JSON database.
- Ensured site worked cross-browser and cross platform.
- Designed WordPress blog template with the same theme of the redesigned website.
- Conduced usability tests with users; Changes resulted in 3 times less page loading time.
Process/Tools/Technology - Kubernetes, Gitlab, Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Linux
Version control - GIT, TFS, Bitbucket
Cloud - AWS, GCP
Scripting - PowerShell, bash
Methodologies - SDLC, Agile and Scrum, Waterfall, Test Driven Development