- 6 Years of IT industry experience working as Software Engineer in DevOps, CI & CD, AWS Cloud, Software Development, Configuration Management, Build, Deploy and Release Management in Automation and Linux System Administrator.
- Hands - on experience in infrastructure development and operations involving Amazon Cloud Administration (CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Code Build & Deploy, Code Pipeline, EC2, EC2 Container Service, EBS, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, Security Groups, OpsWorks, Route 53, S3, CloudFront, Glacier, SQS, SNS, ELB, AMI, VPCs, DynamoDB, Elastic Cache, Lambda, Redshift, EMR, API Gateway, AWS Import/Export).
- Experience in designing &deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups. Worked Confidential optimizing volumes and EC2 instances, created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience in monitoring servers with NRPE plugin in Nagios tool. Worked with logging/monitoring such as Nagios and AWS CloudWatch.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems and version control tools such as Sub Version (SVN), GIT, GITHUB, BIT Bucket and Gitlab.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from Source Code. Managed the Artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus Repository.
- Deployment of Cloud service including Jenkins and Nexus on Docker using Terraform
- Hands on Experience on analyzing, designing, developing and debugging Java/ J2EE business applications.
- Involved in the functional usage and Deployment of Applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments and scripting for Build & Release automation, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, and Trouble shooting.
- Installed and Configured CI & CD in JENKINS/Bamboo on Linux machine. Proficient in defining Build Pipelines (master slave configuration) in addition to creating and maintaining multiple jobs. Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and End -to-End automation for all builds and deployments.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Experienced with automating release process using Maven, Jenkins, chef, Bamboo, Jira tools in diversified project environment.
- I n - dept h unde r s t and i ng of the pr i nc i pl es a nd be st p r a ct i ces of So ft w ar e C o nf i g ur at i on manag em ent ( SC M ) and Exper i enc e i n us i ng Bug t r acki ng tools l i k e J I RA, and I B M C l ear Qu est.
- Expert in Chef/Puppet/Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed the changes on Multiple platforms.
- Authored recipes and cookbooks for node management and Infra management. Wrote manifests for different modules to be configured remotely. Created Chef Recipes to automate the deployment process.
- Hands on experience in writing Ansible scripts, created ansible playbooks with different plays for deployment workflow and used it to configure tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Experience working on several docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine and Docker Swarm. Creating Docker images, Compose Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in deploying applications on Kubernetes and responsible for maintaining the applications on clusters. Integrated ansible with concord for deploying applications on Kubernetes clusters.
- Good Working knowledge of Build scripts & automated solutions using various scripting languages like Shell, Python, Ruby, python, Perl, Yaml.
- Ability to work closely with teams, to ensure high quality and timely delivery of build and release.
Operating Systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows, Amazon Linux AMI
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB, Mongo DB
Languages: C, C#.Net, Python, JAVA, Perl, Shell, Bash Scripting, HTML, XML
Cloud Tools: Amazon Web services (AWS)- EC2, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancer, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Cloud Formation, Route 53, VPC and Cloud watch.
CI/CD Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Udeploy,Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN
Ticketing/Tracking Tools: Jira, Crucible, Service now, Remedy
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Splunk
Containers& Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
Application Servers: Tomcat, WebSphere, Apache
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall
Configuration Manager/AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
- Creating Repositories & assigned repository settings and branch permissions, strategies in Bitbucket.
- Setting up & maintaining branching strategies (release/hotfix) across repositories using git flow workflow for enterprise release.
- Used Git/Bitbucket for efficiently managing the source code versions with the development team.
- Performing ClearCase/Bitbucket Code merges between work streams and branches.
- After the code merge ensuring that any merge issues/compilation issues are fixed and make sure the application is working in the local workspace with Java/J2ee development skills.
- Configured Bamboo build plans and setup plan details, Stages and branches.
- Performing build/deploys of ACMP code in Bamboo/Udeploy to WebSphere application Server (WAS) and making the ACMP Web application up.
- Setup Centralized Lambda computing using boto3 library and assigned VPC for security, and security groups, route tables for both Lambda & EC2.
- Used API Gateway to Invoke lambda process to store in S3 and RDS instances upon user access verification by IAM. Worked with AWS Glacier, Lambda, API Gateway and Terraform
- Used AWS cloud formation to provisioning application infrastructures employing tools like Auto Scaling groups, Security Groups, VPC, Cloud watch etc.
- Managed the network traffic routing using various policies such as Simple, Weighted, Latency, Failover, Geo Location in Route 53.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, Elastic load balancer, Auto Scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances. Created AWS EC2 instances with Terraform.
- Create Redshift Cluster. Setting up automated snapshots. Restore new cluster using manual snapshot. Restore table from snapshot. Monitoring Redshift via AWS Console.
- Configured, deployed EMR through Terraform. Adopted TDD approach using MR-Unit used python for analysis.
- Developed a MapReduce program on the Movie Lens dataset and deployed it with AWS EMR.
- Involved in deploying multiple applications utilizing all AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, DynamoDB, SNS, ELK, IAM) focusing on high availability and auto scaling in AWS cloud formation.
- Set up Data Pipeline Building and other data jobs using Glue & Kinesis for different solutions.
- Worked on Network Aspects - Created Squid Proxy to use for all other accounts by VPC peering. Setup load balancer for VPC end Point to balance in all instances
- Involved in product release every month, assisting developers and production support to make the application available to customers
- Single Point of Contact for managing the DB2 DDL/DML & MongoDB scripts for a release and responsible for sync-up of DDL/DML across environments. Performed DDL/DML Script execution using SQL Developer
- Involved in Static Code analysis (such as SonarQube/Find Bugs) and perform code fixes to address findings.
- Worked on Setting up Veracode Integrations for ACMP applications to perform Static scans to track application security policies finding and remediating flaws. Working on fixes for Veracode Application Security findings
- Took lead on the DevOps initiative in working with operations team to get ACMP migrated to the new DevOps platform (Bitbucket, Bamboo) from ClearCase and Build Forge.
- Performed Builds/Deployments using Build Forge and ClearCase and Created documentation for new features and updated existing DITA topics for Rational Build Forge
- Prepared technical documentation for all set up and configuration steps for ClearCase migration to Eclipse IDE using Bitbucket Repositories.
Environment: GIT, Bitbucket, Linux, AWS, Maven, Agile, Java/J2EE, Spring boot, Bamboo, SonarQube, Udeploy, Veracode, ClearCase, WebSphere, Build Forge, SQL Developer, IBM Data Studio, MongoDB
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Configured and Managed CI/CD Pipeline using Jenkins, Git and Integrated GIT with Jenkins to automate the code check-out process and automating Builds and deployments using Maven as build tool.
- Automated OS and application deployments (server, configurations, application code).
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT. Maintained GIT source code tool.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Responsible for creating different versions of Docker images, Compose Docker Registry from the application source code and pushing them to nexus repository. Created looper pipelines from the GitHub source code for creating Docker images.
- Created Docker Daemon sets for deploying fluent-bit on Kubernetes clusters.
- Created and managed Jenkins pipelines for kubernetes deployment and responsible for maintaining the kubernetes clusters.
- Responsible for watching alerts from Prometheus about kubernetes nodes, disk usage, memory, app restarts and different alerts and responsible for troubleshooting them.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to manage configurations and automate installation process. Experience with Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, Configuration management, patching and software deployment on Open stack environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Responsible for deploying Splunk universal forwarder on different kubernetes clusters for forwarding the log reports and data to the Splunk instance for monitoring.
- Installing and configuring Terraform and building the infrastructure using terraform configuration file
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging, production environments.
- Database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS 2008)
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds. Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- D epl oy ed J 2 EE applications t o App l i cat i on serv ers i n an agile con t i nuous i nt eg r at i on env ir onm ent and au t o m at ed t he w ho l e p r oc ess.
- Extensively Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tools to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices & APIs
- Developed the Spring Boot Rest Service that involves crud operations and deployed in (AWS) EC2 instance.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for AWS EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Architected a Lamp Stack application in AWS using VPC, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, and RDS MySQL.
- Configured AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and users for improved login authentication.
- Configured AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster
- Create AMI images of critical AWS EC2 instances as backup.
- Configured AWS Virtual Private Cloud environment and networking inside the VPC.
- Designed AWS architecture, Cloud migration, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS EMR, Dynamo DB, Redshift and event processing using lambda function. Creating database objects in AWS Redshift
- Managed Virtual servers (Ubuntu Linux and Windows) on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Server.
Environment: Ansible, Docker, AWS, Splunk, kubernetes, Terraform, PowerShell, Ruby, GIT, LINUX/UNIX, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, MS-Build, Python, Agile, Java/J2EE, Spring boot
- Performing Linux System Administration routines swap partition, file system changes, system booting recovery.
- Expertise in Linux system installation, configuration, administration, development and testing of backup and recovery methodologies, troubleshooting, capacity and performance planning, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, monitoring and alerting setup and security hardening.
- Designed and Implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Worked with continuous integration/continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins, Git, Ant, and Maven, created workflows in Jenkins based on the CI-CD model setup Using Jenkins.
- Gained extensive practical training in branching, labeling and merging strategies for all applications in Git.
- Creating, maintaining GIT repositories also analyzing and resolving conflicts related to merging of source code to GIT. maintained the branching and build/release strategies
- Worked with logging/monitoring tools such as CloudWatch and Nagios.
- Used Configuration management tool Chef and created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Developed expertise in writing Shell scripts, Python to automate the package installation, web server and instance configuration. Wrote Shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and scheduling jobs using Cron.
- Prepared Ruby codes, programming of web applications and testing services on daily basis
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Used Ant and Maven as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Conducted auto deployment of applications in secured andmanaged environment using Docker container technology.
- Responsible for configuring and connecting to SSH through SSH clients like Putty.
- Launched AWS EC2 instances using AWS (Linux/Ubuntu/RHEL) for development, test and production environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancers.
- Created and maintained the development operations pipeline and systems like continuous integration, continuous deployment, code review tools and change management systems.
- Creation of S3 buckets and policies and setup IAM role-based policies.
- Set up AWS Security Groups which behave as Virtual firewalls controlling the traffic by allowing it to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances and Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Built scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 Auto Scaling load balancer with python Boto.
Environment: Linux, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Route53) Maven, Git, Jenkins, Chef, Nagios.