- Accomplished Software Development Engineer in Test - SDET with 9 years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); Business Analysis, Data Modeling, Writing Test Cases, Test Plans and Automation Test scripts using Selenium with Java, Cucumber, SoapUI, Postman, TestNG and Appium. Diversified experience in Automation and manual testing of Client - Server, Web, Mobile, BDD, API.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile and waterfall environments.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Load testing, Performance testing and Functional testing.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, TestNG, Maven.
- Designed, implemented automation frameworks Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework, POM (Page Object Model) and Hybrid framework.
- Using Cucumber developed Test Scripts to implement Features, Scenarios, and Scenario Outlines for BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Expertise in writing Selenium Manual Test Cases for B2B Web Applications.
- Extensive experience in developing automation test scripts using JAVA, selenium, maven, TestNG.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Maintained Selenium&JAVA automation code and resource in source controls SVN, GitHub, over the time for improvements and new features.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla etc.
- Good Knowledge in handlingAlerts, Frames and Popups, Accessing Forms, tables, links,Keyboardand Mouse Events using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in Mobile Testing of Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps on Mobile and Tablet devices using APPIUM iOS/Android by using the emulators in Android Studio for Android Devices.
- Involved in daily meetings with the technical managers and development test leads.
- Reviewed Application and Test logs, program outputs and reports to identify program processing errors and defects.
- Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts usingLog4j.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Collaborated with other QA engineers and developers. Adheres to quality assurance standards and continuously improves test processes.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle.
Testing Tools:: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium RC/Server, Selenium Grid, JUnit. Cucumber, SoapUI, SauceLabs, Appium, AppiumDesktop, Postman, Rest Assured.
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins.
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, BUGZILLA.
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, San Francisco CA
Software Development Engineer
- Followed BDD process for testing and implemented BDD using Cucumber framework.
- Developed the Automation framework to automate the API’s using Data Driven Framework, java Rest assured and cucumber
- Created the FeatureFiles for the Happy path and Error Handling scenarios in GWT format based on the user stories acceptance criteria and mapping documents.
- Implemented the Step Definitions using Java and Rest Assured libraries.
- CSV files are used for storing the request and response data, CSV file Processors and used for converting the CSV files into beans, Getters and Setters are used for getting the data form CSV and using them in the test Scripts.
- Used JSON - Path to traverse through the response fields and to validate the Hierarchy of fields.
- Developed utility classes for performing the assertions.
- Performed JSON Request and Response validations using Hamcrest and Junit assertions.
- Involved in the use of BDD and ATTD based Step Definition, Scenarios and Features in Gherkin language using Cucumber.
- PerformTest data creation and Scripting, Validation, Review, Analysis, Reporting, Troubleshooting
- Used Json-Path to traverse through the response fields and to validate the Hierarchy of fields.
- Developed utility classes for performing the assertions.
- Cucumber Test Runner class is implemented using Junit
- Worked with CA DevTest tool for the virtualization of the services.
- Responsible for maintaining Smoke Suites and Regression Suits to check the functionality for each sprint
- Experience in Jenkins for continuous Integration and Deployments using Pipeline
- Used Git as a central repository for continuous check in and checkout of code.
- Used Jira for creating and tracking defects in each sprint.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Spring Boot, REST Assured,Cucumber, Junit, Mockito, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, log4j, IntelliJ, Gradle, Jackson, CA DevTest.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Selenium Automation Engineer
- Participating in sprint daily scrum, planning, Review, meetings.
- Attend meetings, involved in QA planning, coordination and implementation of QA methodology.
- Responsible for participation in writing the test plan and test cases based on the business requirements.
- Used engineering skills to improve processes and automate QA tasks using Java.
- Involved in the use of BDD and ATTD based Step Definition, Scenarios and Features in Gherkin language using Cucumber
- Selenium was used to generate automated test scripts for functionality.
- Created scripts using WebDriver based on Modular framework.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver with TestNGFramework.
- Used Firebug to inspect the Xpath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Developed SQL queries to query the database find out correct data for testing and to test the backend process of the application.
- Appium to perform Android and IOS Mobile Testing.Used Cloud, Real Devices and Virtual Devices to perform mobile testing.
- Performed data driven test and regression testing using Selenium.
- Involved in creating Test Case Scenarios, Test Case Execution and maintaining defects using JIRA Tool.
- Tested web services based on data and functions by SOAPUI.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and meetings involved in QA planning, coordination and implementation of QA methodology.
- PerformTest data creation and Scripting, Validation, Review, Analysis, Reporting, Troubleshooting.
- Automation of test cases for UI Testing usingJava UI Automate viewer.
Environment: MS Word, Excel, Windows10, UNIX, Java, Cucumber, Selenium GRID, Selenium WebDriver, Gradle, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse, Gherkin, SOAP, REST, Appium, Jenkins, TestNG, Junit, Agile(SCRUM).
Confidential, Warren NJ
- Responsible for developing Test Strategy Documents along with the QA team members
- Worked in Agile(Scrum) methodology
- Developed Test Plans for functionality testing of the Application
- Worked closely with business analysts and users in requirements gathering, reviewing business rules and identifying data sources
- Prepared Test Cases and executed the test cases to verify actual results against expected results
- Conducted Smoke Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Performance testing and Data Migration Testing.
- Designed test cases using Selenium webdriver and TestNG.
- Involved in Test data analysis and setup and performed end-to-end testing of the Application
- Prepared and executed Automation test scripts using Selenium
- Tested cross browser functionality of browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox
- Tested across different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS etc.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL Queries
- Performed cross browser testing and cross platform testing.
- Wrote reusable SQL queries and generated those to validate the data in the database
- Reported software defects and interacted with the developers to resolve the defects investigated in the application during testing
- Followed up with the development team to check with the development status of the project and make changes appropriately to the requirements
- Provided ongoing test reports and status reports to the product management.
Environment: XML, HTML, Java, SQL, Agile, Scrum, Windows XP/ 7/8, IE, FIREFOX, MS SQL Server, Bug Tracker, Spell Check Tool.
Confidential, Union, NJ
- Closely collaborated with Business analyst and developer in order to test strategy for Walmart online store project.
- Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verifying the results with expected results, which should complain with the predefined requirements.
- Implemented Data Driven automation test framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Executed test cases relating to mouse hover using Actions class and found hidden elements using XPath, CSS and windows classes.
- Served as coordinator for all testing activities on the project.
- Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on web page.
- Handled multiple iframes and framesets to switch between/navigate through them and performed necessary actions on the web elements.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Developed Test plans and Test Scripts, defined Test Scenarios, analyzed bugs and also, involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs are reported and closed
- Prepared Test Cases and involved in Test Data creation.
- Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios for functional modules.
- Involved in planning and assisted for quality assurance schedules and assignments. Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data.
- Implemented Page Factory model in to the data driven framework.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using Jira.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Executed some test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites and groups.
- Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Used Selenium Grid to reduce the load of executing test cases on one machine and distributed to multiple nodes.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, SQL, MS Excel, Quality Center, ANT.
- Created all Test Plans, Test Cases and Manual Scripts to create greater coverage for all initiatives assigned.
- Developed manual test cases to test the functionality of the application.
- Designed the efficient manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirements, Functional Specs, Technical design documents, Use Cases, Supporting documents.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall methodologies
- Analyze and understand the software requirement specifications and development of Test Scenarios.
- Assist with Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement Mapping with Test Cases.
- Work as a Contractor for QA Team as a QA Engineer in an Agile Scrum environment with 2 weeks Sprint Cycle.
- Analyze application to find out effective selection of test case automation from manual test process.
- Use Selenium Web Driver for automating manual test cases especially for regression testing and reporting results.
- Perform Feature testing, Functional testing, System testing, Compatibility testing, Retesting, and Regression Testing
- Perform automation testing including experience in a Software Design Engineer in Test role
- Hands on experience on writing test script in Eclipse Java environment using selenium web driver, JUnit, TestNG, Web Services, and XML Messaging.