- 9+ years of experience in designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build & Release Management, Source Code repository & Environment management. Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing .
- Automate the Build and Deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages
- Strong Experience in Configuration Management performing Application Builds/Packaging, defect management, troubleshooting, version control and environment supervision
- Expert in using ANT scripts, Make and Maven for Build process
- Experience in Implementation of Continuous Integration through Jenkins/ Bamboo. Deployment using various CI Tools like Chef/ Puppet
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Perforce and VSS.
- In - depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl and XML.
- Experience with cloud services (Amazon EC2,) elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tool
- Experience in AWS image management module (for creating, registering, listing and deleting images) using APIs exposed by AWS. Installed and configured Chef in AWS
- Monitor and maintain the automated build and CI process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build failures using ticketing tools like JIRA.
- Assisting testing team to make sure that all the back end jobs works effectively at the time of QA and UAT.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Extensive experience working on the monitoring of the servers using tools such as Nagios .
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale C++, Java/J2EE Web applications using SVN repository.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Tuning and troubleshooting of Red Hat EL 5.x, 6.x,7.x and VMware ESX environment and also extensive knowledge of Multiple Client Operating Systems such as Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM Web Sphere
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux(CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu),Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, iOS
Build Tools/DevOps: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo
Database: Oracle 10g and 8i/9i, MS SQL, DB2 7.2/8/1/8.2
Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, Web Sphere, VMware
Bug Tracking & Testing: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Junit, Clear Quest
SCM Tools: GIT, AWS Cloud Formation, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3), Cloud Foundry, AWS Elasticache
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, EC2
Languages: C, C++, c#, Java, J2EE, HTML
Scripting Languages: Maven, ANT, Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Integrate and implement a complete cloud services framework (Iaas, PaaS, and SaaS) and Cloud deployment.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using puppet/Ansible, shell and python scripts.
- Writing chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Deployed and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef Platform configuration system.
- Extensive experience designing and developing Restful APIs & SOAP web services using Apache.
- Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes within AWS environment.
- Developed Open Stack infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications and used Ansible for continuous integrations.
- Deployed and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Automation of AWS infrastructure via Ansible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration using Ansible Playbooks.
- Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Defined high level strategy and positioning of Iaas and PaaS for Cloud consumption.
- Deployed built artifacts to Web Sphere application server using maven and python scripts
- Utilizing Puppet web console to monitoring the states of node servers, resources and puppet classes. For reusable code and data management, we use Hiera with Puppet to separate data from Puppet codes, and give node-specific data.
- Provisioned and maintained Amazon AWS server provisioning via chef. This included the provisioning of the instances, ELBs, DNS. Also contributed code to the Jenkins-AWS module on GitHub as part of this.
- Used Ansible to orchestrate software upgrades and verify functionality.
- Created Inventory in Ansible for automating the Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in writing Ansible scripts and heavy Shell, Perl, Python, and JSON scripting.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Launched and configured MySQL instances on both EC2 and RDS.
- Maintained Puppet servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Created scripts for systems administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Responsible for managing the chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications
- Install and configure Apache, Nginix and Drupal on Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Chef and Puppet.
- Knowledge on Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation Json templates.
Environment : AWS, Jenkins, RHEL, Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Iaas, PaaS, Azure, Subversion, Bash, Hudson, NT Command Shell, Java/J2EE, SOA, SOAP, REST, Maven, JIRA, XML, Java, SQL.
- Worked on AWSEC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling.
- Setting up and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPCEC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security.
- Worked on Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, or comparable tools.
- Experience with web deployment technology specifically Linux/Nginx/Apache/Tomcat.
- Created Python scripts to: Totally automate AWS services, which include web servers, ELB,Cloud front distribution, database, ec2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Import source code from SVN to RTC integrated with Jenkins, Maven, Sonar and UCD as a continuous integration platform.
- Experience running LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) systems in agile quick scales cloud environment.
- Manage cloud and standalone servers in Open Stack
- Involved in Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure
- Supported Netscalear Utilising Firewalls and content filtering Devices.
- Worked with Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Code repository management, code merge and quality checks with various tools, especiallyGit, nexus, etc.
- Use to monitor logs on Splunk , Kibana , AppDynamics .
- Responsible for creation and management of Chef Cookbooks.
- Extensive experience with Nagios monitoring system as well as other monitoring tools.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux machines, created master, and slave configurations to implementmultiple parallel builds.
- Git/GitHub, Chef, Jenkins, Open Stack , Balance, Node-Proxy, VMware, and Open Source software to build automated testing and delivery pipelines. Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- NetScalear: Documented customer problems and support based issues.
- Setting up Splunk monitoring on Linux and windows systems.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Created Power Shell Scripts to patch DLLs across various servers and to automatedatabase deployments (Dachas) using SSDT.
- Built applications using Chef/puppet scripting, Ant with Ivy build.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration management policies and practices with regards toSDLC along with automation of scripting using shell, python and Perl scripting.
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Mac and windows platforms.
Environment : SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Azure, Chef, Puppet, Open Shift, Open Stack,Kubernet, Jenkins, UNIX, Linux, NetScalear, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, Web logic, Tomcat, JIRA, SonarQube.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
DevOps/Build Release Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process .
- Implemented Cloud Infrastructure as a Service environment using open source technology Open Stack to enable portability of cloud services across hybrid cloud environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to IBM Web Logic application servers.
- Worked on creating repositories in Git Stash for multiple applications
- Configured Git repositories in CI setup in Jenkins.
- UsedMaven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Created build/deploy documentation in confluence for various applications.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated with Jenkins.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Wrote Puppet manifests files for all applications to manage the configuration files and to manage them as services.
- Implemented Puppet applies using Subversion and Cron jobs.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of Projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Used Atlassian JIRA as issue tracking and ticketing tool.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Configured and Maintained the Jenkins build and automation jobs.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for JenkinsConfig and plugins files.
- Integrated Jenkins Build pipeline plug-in for managing multi project jobs efficiently.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like ApacheTomcat.
Environment: Subversion, Git-Stash, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, AtlassianJIRA, LINUX, XML, ApacheTomcat, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, Puppet and Apache Tomcat.
Build & Release Engineer
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up meetings.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool.
- Utilize Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Apache Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Build Java code and .NET code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- When required applied patches as per the release process.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Responsible for communicating next steps, deployment schedules, quality assurance, validation and defect tracking/ resolution
Environment: Subversion, Perforce, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web services, Web Logic, Test Director, Mercury, Quality center, Oracle 10g, Visual Build, .Net, ANT, J2EE, Web sphere.
UNIX/Linux System Administrator
- Set up and configuring of Linux (RedHat & SUSE) and Solaris servers/workstations for clients.
- Configuring the NFS servers, setting up servers in network environment and configuring FTP/NTP/NIS servers, clients for various departments and clients.
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
- Handling the scheduling tasks (cron jobs and task scheduler) for the scripts for various purposes.
- Troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Involved in maintenance of systems including patching, setting up Print servers, Configuring File systems, using LVM/Veritas on HPUX/Linux/Sun Solaris OS, involving SAN environment.
- Daily execution of build ops in an automated and continuous process.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on Windows servers.
- Compiling code to move into test environments via automated processes.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (Red Hat/SUSE, Centos).
- Troubleshoot build and deploy failures, and facilitate resolution.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment.
- Logged all events to log files.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Windows based systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Creating a change requests, work orders and problem tickets using BMC Remedy tool and getting approvals from higher officials.
- Experience in development with Perl, Python, Powers hell or other scripting languages.
- On-call support for 24/7 for troubleshooting production issues.
- Project Management for various UNIX/Linux/Windows system integration projects.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), Oracle, MySQL, DNS, Apache, Tomcat, Solaris, AIX and Windows, Shell iPlanet4.1, Python, BMC Remedy, SunOne 6.1, IIS 6.0, Windows 2008, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i.