- 7+ years of experience in IT industry with major focus in DevOps & Middleware technologies and supporting multiple environments during software development life cycle.
- Extensive experience with Continous Integration tools like Jenkins and good working knowledge on source code repository management tools like GIT, SVN.
- Proficient in setting up and configuring, branching and merging in GIT and SVN .
- Implemented CI/CD by automation scripts in a pipeline process.
- Experience in working on Configuration Management tool like Chef.
- Extensive experience using Maven and ANT as build tools for building of deployable artifacts to the artifactory.
- Implemented, deployed and maintained cloud infrastructure using AWS.
- Experience in managing AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) environment with around 50+ Linux and Ubuntu instances.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and release notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to release or deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Experience in providing 24/7 technical support and consultation for WebLogic, MQ Series Messaging, and SunOne web servers running on RHEL 5/6/7
- Expertise in Administration, Installing, Configuring Web Servers like Oracle HTTP Server, Apache 2.0/2.2.x, Sun One 6.1 Web Server (iPlanet).
- WebLogic and Tomcat Administrator experience, with knowledge in clustering, JMS, Connection Pools, J2EE Deployments, Thread Dump Analysis.
- Performed root cause analysis and suggested tuning methods for Server problems like Server Crashes, Hangs and Out of Memory Expertise in migration and upgrading of WebLogic Server and updating JDK versions and installing patches for WebLogic server.
- Experience in configuring WebLogic servers in a Cluster solution for High Availability, Load balancing and fail over support.
- Experience in WLST, Shell scripting (bash) and ANT scripting to automate deployments and monitor the WebLogic routine tasks.
- Experience in handling Code Releases and deploying applications in Production.
- Worked with product vendors including Oracle and CA to resolve product related issues: both hardware and software by applying latest patches.
- Experience in finding the Memory Leaks and tuning the JVM Heap Sizes and GC Parameters.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as an individual contributor and in a team environment.
Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic 9/10/11g/12c, Oracle SOA Suite 11g, OSB 11g, OEM 11g, WebLogic Portal 10.3.5, Tomcat 6/7/8
Web Servers: Apache Web Server 2.x/2.2.x, SunOne 6.1
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x, Solaris 8/9/10, Ubuntu
Scripting Languages: Shell(bash), Ruby
Tools: Utilities Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Jira, Chef, Docker, App Dynamics, Wily, Splunk
Protocols: T3, T3S, Http, Https, Ftp, SOAP, LDAP, RMI/IIOP and TCP/IP.
Databases & DB Tools: Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Plus
CASE & Version Control: GIT, Subversion(SVN), Perforce, JIRA, BMC Remedy
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
DevOps / Infra Engineer
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server.
- Worked on using Chef attributes, templates, recipes, and files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Developed utilities in Ruby and Shell Scripting to automate various tasks for more efficient operations.
- Deployed docker containers to vagrant boxes.
- Dockerized all the service and application.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using Maven and package it in its distributable format, such as a WAR file .
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment of applications in Tomcat Application Server.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS.
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins.
- Administration and maintenance of Docker runtime environment, Versioning and lifecycle management of Docker images.
- Configured GIT to implement branching strategy and integrated into CI environment along with Jenkins .
- Automated the deployment process by writing Shell (bash) scripts in Jenkins.
- Provided support to Production, Staging, QA, Development environments for code deployments, changes and general support.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScalingGroups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Installed, Configured and administered Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, 10.3.6(11g) in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Configured SunOne, Apache 2.2.x WebServers, as a proxy plug in for WebLogic Server 11g.
- Deployed applications (WAR, JAR and EAR) using WLST, Sun N1 Service Provisioning System.
- Maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over for the servers using BIG - IP F5.
- Configured and created JMS queues & topics, Connection Factories, Data sources, bridges & connections pools & multi connection pool.
- Installed WebLogic patches using Smart Update tool and OPatch, and troubleshooting application and post-installation issues.
- Utilized SQL database systems and executed DDL, DML scripts during releases.
- Integrated WebLogic users using security realms Authentication providers(external LDAP) from the console.
- Used BMC Remedy to generate problem tickets and resolved the same.
- Experienced in WLST and ANT scripting to automate and monitor the WebLogic routine tasks on Redhat Linux.
- Installed and configured IBM MQ as a Foreign JMS provider for WebLogic.
- Participated in 24*7 production support and also flexible supporting over the weekends.
Environment: Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Oracle WebLogic 12c, 10.3.6(11g), Tomcat 6/7, Oracle RAC 12c,11g, BMC Remedy, Solaris 10,,LINUX 5/6, LDAP, Sun ONE Directory Server 6, SunOne WebServer 6.0, Apache 2.2.x, WLST, Shell (bash), Ruby
Confidential, San Francisco
DevOps / Middleware Support Engineer
- As a DevOps Engineer used Subversion, GIT, CVS, Maven, Jenkins, and, JIRA as tools for day-to- day build & release cycles.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading cookbooks and recipes.
- Implemented, deployed and maintained cloud infrastructure using AWS.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system SVN.
- Enabled Jenkins to configure ANT and Maven projects and to schedule automatic builds.
- Extensively used Maven and ANT for building applications locally and through CI, modified POM.xml and Build.xml based on the new requirements
- Configure and tune WebLogic domains/applications for performance, scalability and reliability
- Created Managed Servers in a Cluster with round-robin algorithm for Load Balancing.
- Deployed the applications on multiple Tomcat instances & WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
- Responsible for Configuration and Administration of Apache and OHS Web Servers, including installation and configuration of WebLogic proxy Plug-ins & mod jk to proxy load balanced requests for dynamic content to backend WebLogic Application Servers.
- Deployed SOA Composite applications from EM console in 11g.
- Configured users in OID 11g and integrated with Oracle WebLogic 11g on Linux.
- Configuring clustering, security and JMS resources, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Production servers.
- Maintained and investigated performance improvement of J2EE applications effectively using enterprise monitoring tools like App Dynamics, Wily.
- Create, Monitor, Track and Update the trouble tickets for resolving the Incidents in both Production and Non-Prod environments in BMC Remedy.
- Responsible for installing SSL certificates on Apache and WebLogic Servers.
- Developed Application deployment, Server restart, WebLogic Health Monitoring scripts using WLST and Shell for WebLogic non-prod and prod environments.
- Responsible for providing 24x7 on-call Production support.
- Performance tuning of JVM heap size, garbage collections etc.
Environment: Jenkins, SVN, ANT, MAVEN, Oracle WebLogic 10.3.6(11g), SOA, Tomcat 6/7, Oracle 11g, Solaris 10, LINUX 5/6, ASP, Sun ONE Directory Server 6, SunOne WebServer 6.0, Apache 2.2.x, WLST, ANT, Ruby, BMC Remedy, LDAP.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
DevOps / WebLogic Admin
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of automation tool like Chef.
- Responsible for CI environments ( Jenkins, Nexus ).
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Worked on Optimization and performance tuning techniques and also have Experience in performance tuning.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune Oracle Service Bus, Oracle SOA Suite 11g components.
- Deploy SOA Composite application/services and integrate Services through Adapters.
- Automated various tasks using Shell scripts and WLST scripts .e.g. OSB export and import scripts, SOA application deployment scripts, WebLogic Deployment scripts.
- Worked in WebLogic server like jdbc, security, and install apache server configuration.
- Performed installing, configuring, administering and performance tuning clustered SOA environments.
- Involved in Migration of Weblogic server 10.3.4 to Weblogic 10.3.6.
- Worked with Big IP F5 Load Balancer administration, shell scripting for alerting and alarming on applications.
- Worked on performing systems monitoring using Sitescope, OEM 11g(Oracle Enterprise Monitoring) tools..
- Solved server hang issues such as Deadlock, Application and Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyzed to get the root cause of the hang.
- Participated in the on call rotation for 24x7 production support.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 10.3.6, Oracle SOA 10g/11g, OEM 11g, Unix/Linux, Shell/Perl Scripting, Oracle11g RAC, RHEL 5.x/6.x, Apache Server 2.2.22, Siteminder, WLST.
VMware, Palo Alto, CA
WebLogic / Portal Admin
- Performed WebLogic Portal Administration tasks as portal management, content management and user management.
- Worked on web application and portal development on a large Oracle data warehouse, and administration of a middle tier application server.
- Configured Security authenticators, managed security realms, users and groups.
- Involved in Performance tuning of WebLogic server with respect to heap, threads and connection pools.
- Implementing and supporting applications load balancing using F5.
- Troubleshoot WebLogic Server connection pooling and connection manager with Oracle, DB2.
- Configured and administered of JDBC, JMS, JNDI, and SNMP in WebLogic Server 10.x.
- Developed scripts for automatic startup and shutdown of Admin Server and Managed Servers.
- Created Crontab scripts for timely running jobs.
- Set up WebLogic domain with a single Server instance for developers on their windows machines.
- Provided support for teams in activities such as Load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 10.3.x, WebLogic Portal 10.3.5, Tomcat 5.x/6.x, OSB 11g, SOA Suite 11g, Oracle 10g/11g, Solaris 10, LINUX 5/6, Sun ONE Directory Server 6, SunOne WebServer 6.0, Apache 2.2.x, ANT, AWK, IIS, Netegrity SiteMinder Policy Server 5.5/6.0, LDAP.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Performed WebLogic server administration tasks like configuring Managed servers and setup cluster environment.
- Oracle/BEA WebLogic 10.3.x expertise in Installation, Configuration, Tuning, and Deploying applications on Unix/Linux, Solaris.
- Experienced with web tier integration (SunOne, Apache) as well as Wily Introscope, SiteMinder Netegrity.
- Configured Clusters, load-balancing and fail-over solutions and WebServer plugins for Weblogic Portal.
- Worked on Shell scripting to notify alerts during emergency, Monitored application server performance.
- Worked in deployment of applications on a J2EE application server (preferably WebLogic).
- Worked on Certificates generation and installation using OpenSSL and Key tool.
- Web Server / Proxy Server Setup and Administration (Apache, Tomcat, iPlanet, Apache etc.).
- Strong knowledge and working experience on Optimization and performance tuning techniques.
- Worked closely with development and testing teams to implement fixes in Testing and Production environments.
- Performed WebLogic upgrades and patching as they come from Oracle with the special procedures as required for security.
- Experienced in supporting Databases that use an Enterprise application infrastructure solution experience Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic.
- Experienced in Provide performance monitoring and measurement support.
Environment: WebLogic Server 10.3.x, Oracle SOA Suite 11g, OSB 11g, Linux, WLST, Oracle11g, Apache.