- Having 7+ years of experience as Devops Engineer in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, design specification, coding and testing of enterprise applications.
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and Nagios.
- Deployed infrastructure on AWS utilizing services such as EC2, RDS, VPC and Managed Network and Security, Route 53, Direct Connect, IAM, Cloud Formation, AWS OpsWorks (Automate operations), Elastic Beanstalk, AWS S3, Glacier, (Storage in the cloud) and Cloud Watch Monitoring Management.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table, S3 bucket, HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation, building scripts, deployment and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Bash, shell.
- Worked on PowerShell/Bash scripts to gather resources metrics from AWS EC2 Instances, and configured Alerts and Dashboards using AWS CloudWatch Monitoring.
- Knowledge in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure.
- Worked with Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using its nodes, Config maps, selectors, and services.
- Maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in multiple environments like TEST, ALPHA, BETA & PROD.
- Expertise in Ansible Playbook, Yaml for Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables
- Experience automating deployments on Application Server JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as .war, .ear from source code. Created and maintained Ant build.xml's and Maven Pom.xml's for performing the build procedures.
- Expertise in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Clear Quest and Quality center.
- Experience in Build automation tools like Jenkins, Ant, Maven, and Bamboo.
- Used ClearQuest, Jira, Confluence, Remedy as defect management system
- Experience in using Jenkins to drive all micro - services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes. Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes. Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Kubernetes and Chef, which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Developing Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications to the above platforms.
- Experienced with automating release process using Maven, Jenkins, and Jira as tools in diversified project environment.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server.
- Experience in Infrastructure and Service orchestration using configuration management tools Chef, Ansible.
- Experienced with Docker container service and Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Proficient in scripting AWS AMIs deployment, bootstrapping and pre-baking AMIs with Packer.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes. Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server. Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
Multi: Threading, Servlets, JSP, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate, JSF, JMS, JDBC, JAXB, Web Services.
Jenkins: /Hudson, Bamboo
Bug Tracking & Testing: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Junit, Clear Quest
Build Tools/DevOps: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker
AWS: (EC2, ELB, S3), Cloud Foundry, AWS Elasticache, Azure
Frameworks: Spring 2.x/3.0, Hibernate 3.x/4.x, Maven, Log4J, JSF, EJB.
Application Servers: Tomcat 6.0/7.0, WebLogic 9.2, GlassFish 3.0, Tomcat, Apache Web Server.
Agile Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Test Driven and Scrum Models.
Databases: Sybase, MySQL, DB 2 7.0/8.0/9.0 and Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g and 11g, MongoDB.
Application Software: SVN, GIT, PVCS.
Operating systems: UNIX, Red Hat Linux, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Good experience with infrastructure automation, Orchestration with cloud technologies including AWS and GCP.
- Worked on creating Terraform modules to launch instances in AWS & automated process of creation of resources is AWS using terraform.
- Provisioning the infrastructure needed to maintain multiple Dev/Test environments
- Maintain the build and release process for multiple platform components and end user applications
- Good experience using Atlassian Toolset that includes BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation, terraform templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker setup in Vagrant, AWS and Amazon VPCs.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Used Puppet to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Created puppet automation with multiple modules as per component like Kafka, Zookeepers, MySQL, Logstash, HTTP collectors & Schema registry to install & configure EC2 instances to create/update Kafka cluster.
- Integrated Jenkins with various Devops tools such as Nexus, SonarQube and Puppet.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS beanstalk using Jenkins CI.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates, Ansible, Chef, puppet.
- Used knife command-line to provide an interface between a local Chef-repo and the Chef server Used BASH to automate deployment process.
- Created multiple ANT and BASH Scripts for build automation
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Used Docker to implement a high-level API to provide lightweight containers that run processes isolation and worked on creation of customized Docker container images, tagged and pushed the images to the Docker repository.
- Good knowledge on different source code management tools that includes Perforce and Git.
Environment: AWS, GCP, MAVEN, BASH, Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, Dockers, Ansible, Chef, puppet, Shell Scripts, ELK, XML, UNIX, Windows XP, Microservices, RESTful API, Oracle10g, 11g, NoSQL, JIRA, Java.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in daily Scrum meetings, Sprint planning and estimation of the tasks for the user stories, participated in retrospective and presenting Demo at end of the sprint. Communication with external teams, verbally and written daily.
- Worked on a container as service, infrastructure orchestration service orchestration.
- Created a CI/CD for building Docker images and pushing to private repositories.
- Deployed High availability of Kubernetes cluster on Linux servers using Ansible playbooks.
- Deployed WebLogic Admin and managed servers on containers using Kubernetes.
- Containerizing the java applications and deploying it through Kubernetes.
- Installed and configured WebLogic 11g and 12c on Linux servers using Ansible.
- Created a Docker image for angular application.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to GIT triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN for the building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from Source Code.
- Involved in Designing and developing Microservices business components using SpringBoot.
- Creation and scheduling of Cron Jobs such as for Backup, System Monitoring and removal of unnecessary files.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Provided technical assistance to design, troubleshoot and maintain RCP applications.
- Implemented custom Node.js powered hybrid build and deployment delivery model using AWS assets including EC2, S3, VPC, Lambda, Jenkins.
- Designed and developed NoSQL solutions for all users.
- Build the applications using Maven and Jenkins tool.
- Utilize micro-services and clean API design to create usable interfaces Used Spring MVC Framework to develop portal applications.
- Used spring aspects as part of developing spring applications.
- Created advice to define aspects and its functionality using Spring AOP support.
- Involved in activities like developing user stories, redesigning the stories based upon new requirements, certifying stories with the help of test plans, and uploading the evidence into quality center.
- Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and participated in the daily stand-up, iteration review, kick-off and Retrospective meetings as a part of Agile.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, RCP, SWT, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Junit, Spring 3.2, Hibernate, Restful, Node.js, Ansible, Ant and Maven build tools, Python, Perl and Shell Scripts, flask, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jenkins, UNIX, RDBMS, XML/JSON, Linux, XML, log4J, NoSQL, Eclipse and windows.
Confidential, STERLING, VIRGINIA
Release Engineer/Java Developer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzed, Designed and developed the system to meet the requirements of business users.
- Participated in the design review of the system to perform Object Analysis and provide best workable solutions for the application
- Hands on experience in a Linux environment with Apache Tomcat on Amazon AWS.
- Responsible for deployment of WAR, EAR files along with environment specific properties into QA, Stage and PROD environments.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Responsible for Releases (enhancement, maintenance, Emergency and bug fixes) into QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Deploying builds in all the three environments (Dev, Test, and Production)
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code freeze Periods.
- Used Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Responsible for creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Experience in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Developed UI using Java Script framework for building rich UI
- Developed test cases for Unit testing using JUnit and performed integration and system testing
- Implemented Spring MVC framework for developing J2EE based web application.
- Used JDBC to connect and access database.
- Research, evaluate and recommend NoSQL products and monitoring/management tools.
- Research, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions (existing & emerging) and best use cases for them
- Database tier involved the Oracle database and SQL.
- Writing Web Service clients using SOAP, WSDL to interact with the service APIs exposed by other departments.
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of OEL, Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX, HP-UX systems.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and kick start for Linux.
- As a Solaris administrator primary responsibility includes building of new servers which includes rack mounting, installation of OS, configuring of various OS-native and third-party tools, securing of OS, installing & configuring, job scheduling.
- Installation and configured Solaris 10 with Zones, Containers and LDOMs.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers.
- Involved in Server sizing and identifying, recommending optimal server hardware based on User requirements.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Storage Foundation Suite: Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System, Veritas Cluster Server and Oracle SF RAC.
- Installed the Operating System on Solaris and Linux servers and Blades over the network.
- Built servers according to standards specified as per individual applications
- Created File systems from local storage as well as NFS partitions for application portability
- Created Zettabyte file system (ZFS) in Solaris 10. Created zpools. Exported ZFS from local zones to local zones.
- Build LPAR system and Installed AIX 5.3 and 6.1 on LPAR using NIM Power 4, 5 and 6 systems and Upgraded Maintenance level as well.
- Installed and verified that all AIX/Linux patches or updates are applied to the servers.
- Configured HACMP 4.5 to monitor, detect and react to failure events, allowing the system to stay available during random, unexpected software problems and also configured to react to hundreds of system events.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (vmstat, nfsstat, iostat etc) and tuned I/O, memory, etc.
- Coordinated with the Storage, Network and Hardware teams on server provisions (HP ProLiant DL385/585 G5, G6 servers, and HP BL 465C G5 blade centers).
Environment: RHEL 5.x,6.x, Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers (HP ProLiant DL 585, BL 465/485,ML Series), Solaris 8,9,10, AIX 5.3, 6.1, SAN ( Confidential ), BladeLogic, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Windows 2003 server, Shell programming, JBoss 4.2, JDK 1.5,1.6,, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, VMware Infrastructure 3.5.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implemented persistence layer using JDBC to store the data in Oracle 11g.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the IBM WebSphere Application Server onto different environments Dev, QA and UAT.
- Experience working with middleware applications WebSphere Message Broker and troubleshooting IBM WebSphere Application Server Issues.
- Support of Application and tools installation, configuration, management and logs monitoring.
- Used Jenkins as a build tool to create build packages and Created build and deployment jobs in Jenkins for various components
- Coordinated with teams like DBA, Corp team, Development team and build team for a successful code promotion
- Working with Production support team and Content Authors on Content and Application Issues.
- Daily Backup, cleaning up of versions, package maintenance and regular Deployment activities.
- WebSphere Portal Administration and maintaining the Portal Stack and responsible for installing, maintaining and Management Systems running on Operating Systems
- Handling Content import / export activities and Creating Users / Groups and permissions
- Worked on Jira and Bit-bucket and Manage the Subversion repositories.
- Hands on experience in managing database of SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures and JIRA for tracking triggers.
- Used J2EE SOA based JAX-WS web services to develop reusable web service components
- Developed Web Services to create reports module and send it to different agencies and premium calculation for manual classes using SOAP and Restful web services and rich faces components.
- Writing JUnit test cases using JUnit for code coverage and worked on JIRA by using JSP for view.
- Involved in development, performance testing, and fixing defects.