- Software Development Engineer in Test with 6+ plus years of software development and testing experience, that includes designing, implementing test plans, test cases, test processes, conducting test review meetings, performing automation testing using Selenium, BDD using Cucumber, Protractor, API Testing using SOAPUI, Mobile Testing using Appium in various domains like Insurance, Healthcare, Banking, Retail.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, and GUI testing.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments.
- Experience in implementing different automation development efforts in Agile/Scrum & Waterfall development environments.
- Conversant in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Tests.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium IDE, WebDriver, Jenkins and Maven.
- Developed and executed test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results and created Defects.
- Designed and Implemented Test Frameworks using Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid and Page Object Model (POM) using Selenium, TestNG and POI.
- Performed functional testing of enterprise Restful Web Services and API Testing using SoapUI.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions .
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS in creating automation scripts.
- Have experience working with performance testing tools like LoadRunner, JMeter and Monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Performance Centre.
- Experience in White box and Black boxtesting which includes Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Ad hoc Testing, Security Testing, Negative Testing, Boundary Testing and Cross Browser Testing, and User Acceptance(UAT) testing as well.
- Documented test results and Managed Defect Tracking process, which included prioritizing bugs, assigning bugs and verifying ‘bug fixes’ using JIRA, Bugzilla and Quality Center.
- Experienced in using HP Quality Center/ Application Life Cycle Management (ALM), JIRA for Test Cases design, defect tracking and management.
- Performed Mobile App Testing using Appium on Android, IOS Platforms. Tested Automation Scripts using Real Devices, Emulators and Simulators.
- Expert in performing back - end testing by developing SQL queries. Expertise in creating complex-queries, with various kinds of JOINS such as Inner Join, Left outer join, Right outer join and Full outer join.
- Have knowledge of Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla defect management tool.
- Used Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging.
- Configured Jenkins Build jobs to perform continuous integration of source code maintained using configuration management repository.
- Have experience in using Protractor for testing Angular JS applications.
- Experience in using Test Management Tools like TFS, VSTS, MTM.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider .
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, QC, QTP, ALM, HP Performance Centre, Load Runner, Protractor, Appium
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS
Programming Tools: JAVA, Gherkin, C, C++
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, IBM CQ
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX, Android, IOS
Utilities: Eclipse, SVN, Firebug, FirePath
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Software Development EngineerSDET
- Tested SOAP and REST web services using the different assertions like HTTP Assertion, XPATH Assertions in SOAPUI . Used Java and JSON API also to validate Restful Response.
- Requirement gathering for testing through building test plans to execute test cases, building automation frameworks using Selenium.
- Participated in design reviews and quality inspections for each release.
- Used Maven as the build tool, GIT for version control, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and JIRA as a defect tracking tool.
- Implemented Selenium WebDriverSynchronization features such as Implicit Wait, Explicit Wait to interact with third party interfaces. Prepared Test Data and performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Writing Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Worked as a Lead to develop and improve test specifications and test cases based on marketing, software, and system requirements in a fluid and fast-paced development environment.
- Created Test plans, Test cases for GUI, Regression and functional testing.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber. The Hybrid Framework includes Data Driven Testing implemented using TestNG DataProviderand Apache POI.
- Analyzing specifications, identified data and test requirements, developing QA test plan and ensuring its proper and timely execution from functional specification documents.
- Execution of test cases, verification the actual results against the expected results and Documenting in the test plan.
- The Financial Mobile App is tested on Android, IOS using Appium. Used Appium Desktop to launch Appium Server. Used Appium Inspector to inspect Apps on Mac and Windows.
- Creating/executing test cases coordinate integration of applications on a multi-server.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider. Used Apache POI for reading data from excel
- Executed database test cases according to release.
- Hands-on experience in using Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Wrote and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data.
- Actively involved in static testing activities such as design review and requirements inspection to identify ambiguity and inconsistency in requirements as well as improve UI\UX Design.
- Maintain existing Regression test suite using UFT, debug and enhance the scripts, run scripts, wrote user-defined functions (using VB scripts) etc.
- Configured Jenkins build jobs for Continuous Integration of defect fixes and new features.
- Tested the acceptance scenarios of the Financial Application using BDD Gherkin features, scenarios, scenario outlines using Cucumber.
- Implemented Cross browser testing and Data driven testing using @Parameters and @BeforeClassannotations.
- Tested the Angular Web App using Protractor and Jasmine Test Frameworks. Used JSON to configure Data Sets for Protractor Data Driven.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like Git.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, XPath, Firebug, Cucumber, Gherkin, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Oracle, XML, HTML, SoapUI, Appium, Android, IOS, Maven, Jenkins, Rally, Agile/Scrum.
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved and implemented automation testing framework for the organization.
- Worked in Agile methodology that includes QA planning & execution in Sprints, Participation in the Scrum & Sprint review/retrospective.
- Introduce and implement open source web test tool Selenium Grid for cross browser testing.
- Implement robust Page Object Model framework using Object Oriented Programing Java and open source unit test framework TestNG that increase the code maintainability.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions. Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD
- Developed a complete automated functional test framework utilizing Java, JUnit, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver. This allowed us to benefit from the power of implementing an automated testing program without having to pay for very high licensing fees that come with commercial automated testing products.
- Created Test Plans and Test Strategy which describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Implemented Automated Test Suite to increase the automation coverage for regression test cycle.
- Worked in Restful Web Service testing framework with open source REST-assured and TestNG to build robust and scalable web service testing.
- Wrote SQL scripts in TOAD to identify irregularities in data loading.
- Co-ordination with Project manager & Development teams on Documentation Reviews, Process Improvement and Schedule. Used SoapUI to test the application REST web services. Added Assertions and validated the response.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring the team members.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI (SOAP, Restful), HTML, XML, JIRA, Cucumber, Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, Agile, Oracle, Git, TestNG, JUnit, Java, SQL.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
QA Automation Engineer
- Involvement in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Requirements Specifications Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Participated in Requirement Specification Meetings (RS) to understand the application’s functional requirements to initialize the test scenarios, test flows and test procedures.
- Used Keyword Framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Scripted Tests and automated using Selenium IDE /Selenium WebDriver at OS level for Interface User (UI).
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using Testing Data Provider Annotation.
- Executed User Acceptance Testing (UAT)Behavior Driven Pattern using Cucumber.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing on diverse types of browsers to run all the tests at the same using Testing.
- Used Auto It for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Used JIRA to track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, Testing and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Executed Batch files using Selenium.
- Expertise in writing different SQL statements like Inner Joins, outer Joins, Sub queries and so on.
- Documented test results using Microsoft word.
- Interacted with developers regarding requirements and defects tracking.
- Interacted with the Business Analysts and the Developers in various occasions for the proper understanding of the requirements.
- Involved in determining test approach and scope for front-end/GUI and back-end testing.
- Performed Back-end testing of database using SQL queries and verified the data integrity.
- Responsible for ensuring the conceptual integrity of the system, ensuring that the product and product architecture meet or exceed the technical requirements defined.
- Performed black box testing, database testing and web-based testing on each transaction using Selenium.
- Used SVN as the version control tool.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity, data validation and data design.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Testing, Java, Eclipse, Keyword Framework, Cucumber, Linux, Oracle, SQL, JIRA, SVN, Maven, Jenkins.
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
- Involved in reviewing and analyzing the functional requirement documents with the Business Analyst & stakeholders.
- Prepared Test Plan from the Business Requirements and Functional Specification and run test scenarios using QTP.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing for Android and iOS devices using Appium .
- Developed test strategy & test plan and reviewed with all stakeholders, Development team, Infrastructure team and other teams.
- Preparing daily status reports and defect reports.
- Performed database testing by using SQL queries
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA team, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
- Tested the outgoing links from all the web pages from specific domain.
- Involved in mobile testing using Appium and webservices testing using Postman.
- Collaborate, Coordinating, communicate, create offshore onshore (onsite) day-to-day activities
- Planned and worked flexibly to meet the dead lines.
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using JIRA.
Environment: Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, Appium, Protractor, Oracle, SQL, Linux, Agile, HP-ALM, JIRA
- Segregated Bugs based on severity and priority and maintained the log using Bugzilla.
- Involved in writing Manual test cases, logging and analysis of bugs, performed Smoke testing to ensure proper deployment of application in the test environment and performed Regression testing to ensure that the code is not broken.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test execution & results reports .
- Involved in writing SQL queries for backend testing to verify the proper interaction between GUI (Graphical User Interface) and database.
- Used SharePoint as the medium to upload the requested documents for the team.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for Test cases.
Environment: MySQL, HP Quality Centre, MS Excel