- Over 9+ years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process.
- Experience in Working with Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications and Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Expertise with Ansible Playbooks for zero - downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, and MySQL).
- Proficient in creating a custom puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules and implemented Puppet hiera to separate data from puppet code.
- Extensively worked with Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments across multiple data centers.
- Extensive experience using Maven, Ant and MS Build as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifact Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Experience in Technical and Functional side of the Team Foundation Server Components (Source Control, Work Items, TFS Builds, Reporting, SharePoint).
- Worked on Virtualization of LVM, KVM, Bridge, Disk, RAM, CPU on Superb DC.
- Worked with different database Environments like MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2 & Oracle RAC.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Manipulation of Shell Scripts, Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts & Java Scripts during migration.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, Implementation & Post-Production analysis of the project.
- Knowledge on Scripting Languages like Ruby, Pearl, Bash, Python, Shell, PHP & Java.
- Good exposure in cloud formation script template using Chef, Terraform.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet & Ansible.
- Expertise in using built tools like Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar & war from source code.
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Jenkins, Build Forge, Urban Code Deploy, Puppet & Chef.
- Expertise in installation, configuration, upgradation & troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux, CentOS, SuSe EL, Windows OS.
- Expertise in installation, configuration, managing and troubleshooting of Web Servers (Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic & Web Sphere).
- Expertise in Installation & Setup of MySQL (Master & Slave) Server.
- Expertise in Installing, Configuring & Implementing Virtualization Environment using Oracle Virtual Box, VMWare, ESX & Microsoft Virtual PC.
- Expertise in Installation & Setup of Nagios Server Monitoring Tools, NRPE, Plugging.
- Expertise in Installation & Setup of code versioning tools like GIT/ SVN Repository (Version Control System) on Linux at client side.
- Expertise in Creating & Handling cookbooks and recipes using Ruby in Chef workstation & Deploying them to various nodes.
- Experience in configuration of naming services like DNS, NIS on Linux and Solaris.
- Experience in Puppet tools like Hiera, MCollective & Puppet Console.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Experience with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
- Strong command on source controller concepts such as Branches, Merge, and Tags.
- Have working knowledge of ticketing tools like JIRA, Clear Quest, and Remedy.
- Experience in using CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for agile projects.
Cloud Technologies: AWS (EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, S3, Cloud Formation) Jenkins, GIT, CHEF, CONSUL
Web/Application Servers: Web logic, JBoss, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat
Operating Systems: Red hat, Ubuntu, Linux, WINDOWS, CentOS, SUSE.
Application software's: GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Salt stack, Vagrant, Docker, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, Zabbix, Adobe Illustrator FileZilla, WINSCP, AWS, Chef, Ansible, Splunk, AWS, TFS, JIRA.
Shell Languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Web Technologies Servlets: JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, Java Script.
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB 7 SQL Server, MS Sql.
Confidential, Tysons, VA
Sr. DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven in Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes.
- Implemented project migration and portfolio migration tasks.
- Installed WebLogic applications and spearheaded deployment activities.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Installed, configured, and maintained QA and production systems.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Run deck.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Installed Urban Code Deploy server, agents and doing deployments in various environments.
- Testing of cookbooks with Chef spec.
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installation, configuration, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Analyze Cassandra database and compare it with other open-source NoSQL database to find which of them better suites the current requirement.
- Stood up Cassandra clusters in the Amazon Web Services Cloud and migrated data between environments.
- Assisted customer in implementing DevOps strategies using Build Forge as the automated engine.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in deployment environments of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Worked with different bug tools like JIRA, Rally, and IBM Clear Quest.
- Developing Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment, and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code build promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson and GitHub.
- Performed deployment, ongoing maintenance & configuration of systems for maximum availability, security, performance, and documentation in a Linux based production environment.
- Installed & maintained XEN & VMWare servers with multiple VM’s running a multi VLAN Physical & VM environment.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop Eco System.
- Migrating an on-premises application to AWS.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Evaluated Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with the help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Successfully migrated the Django database from SQLite to MySQL to PostgreSQL with complete data integrity.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for administrative tasks and management of the server infrastructure.
- Configured TFS to run continuous integration of builds and execute unit test on all check-ins for ASP .NET Web Applications.
- Automating build process using Subversion (SVN) and ANT.
- Used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx to achieve Continuous Delivery.
- Resolved ADC Mailbox queries related to TFS/Build issues.
- Responsible for configuring management to different application layer modules.
- Responsible for database build, release, and configuration.
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Worked with different team members for automation and Release components.
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge etc.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Subversion, CVS, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, AWS IAM, AWS VPC, AWS Lambda, AWS NAT, OMS, Linux, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, DB2, Hudson, LDAP, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, JIRA.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Build & Release Engineer
- Implemented SharePoint Disaster Recovery Plan for multiple SharePoint 2010 environment.
- Administered and managed SharePoint Farms and SharePoint Databases.
- Performed administrative activities such as site creations, creating and managing user’s permissions, backup and restore SharePoint sites.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances with AWS.
- Automate provisioning of Amazon AWS instances.
- Developed build and deployment processes.
- Used IBM Rational Clear Case as Version Control.
- Used Build Forge for Continuous Integration and Deployment into Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas as per the schedule published.
- Used Clear Quest as ticketing tool.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest in Windows and Unix environment.
- Managed Clear Case repositories for branching, merging and tagging.
- Used JIRA for change control & ticketing.
- Wrote Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.
- Automated Clear Case based release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Developed Shell/Bash/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Handled code reviews and merging Pull requests.f
- Diagnosed and resolved issues relating to local and wide area network performance.
- Worked with JIRA, a tool that handles DCR (Defect Change Request) & MR (Maintenance Request).
- Written cookbooks for WebLogic, JDK and Jenkins, Tomcat, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers, and used the Chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring & backups.
- Formulated and executed designing standards for DNS servers.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as Bash and Python.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python and Run deck.
Environment: Clear Case, Maven, Build Forge, JIRA, RHEL, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Web Sphere, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, AWS.
Confidential, Lake Mary, FL
- Worked closely with deployment team and SQA team for product releases.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the built and deployment process on Enterprise server.
- Used IBM WebSphere as Web application server for deploying artifacts.
- Deploying newly built code using WebSphere Admin Console and deleting the old deployed code.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell and Perl Scripts.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools Find Bugs coverture into ANT projects.
- Used JIRA as a change Management/Work Management/SCRUM Agile tool.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Written Manifests/Recipes and Ruby Scripts to customize the Puppet/Chef as per our environment.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles, and data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, receipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 instances.
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Dev, Test and Pre-Production and Cloud Automation through Open Source DevOps tools like Ansible, Jenkins & Docker.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platform (PaaS), and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Build AWS Cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Integrated AWS DynamoDB using AWS Lambda to store the values items and backup the DynamoDB streams.
- Ability to execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell Scripts, and JAVA Scripts.
- Used Python API for uploading all the agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Working experience on Windows PowerShell Scripting for purposes of task automation and configuration management.
- Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure (OMS).
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, Network usage and performance counters) from the different flavors of Linux.
- Created and wrote Shell Scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Terraform for automating VPC’s, ELB’s, Security Groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Used PowerShell Scripting for automating process and collecting reports for daily tasks. Experience in Shell Scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Good knowledge working with infrastructure automation (Perl, Shell & Ruby).
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins & GIT to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Worked in GIT implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Branching, labeling and merge strategies for all application in GIT.
- Migrate SVN repositories to GIT and administrate GITLAB to manage GIT repositories.
- Involved in setting up of subversion-SVN server, server maintenance, Client machines Setup.
- Expertise working with Apache, Control M, SVN, CVS, Build forge, DB2, Hudson, Jenkins, Autosys, Maven, LDAP and Unix Scripting.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Administered TFS for .NET applications.
- Deployment of .NET batch applications which processes high volumes of data.
- Performed parallel build for .NET application which will automatically decides which of the projects in the generated build list can be built independently.
- Creation of branches in CVS and Subversion for parallel development process.
- Merging release branches back to trunk after the production release and resolving of conflicts during merging in both CVS and Subversion.
- Worked with the architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manger’s for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins and created End-to-End automation for projects.
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using Jenkins continuous Integration tool.
- Well versed with user and plugin management for Jenkins.
- Developed and Implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Wrote ANT and Maven Scripts to automate the build process.
- Managed the Maven repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and release of internal projects.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Artifactory, Jira, Linux, Java/J2EE, WebLogic, RHEL, Azure, JIRA, AWS EC2, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, PowerShell.
- Interaction with vendors for Hardware and Software supports.
- Configuration and Administration of Veritas Cluster.
- Day-to-Day maintenance of Veritas Cluster Servers.
- Disk and File system management through Veritas Volume Manager, LVM and SVM.
- Migrating source code from PVCS to SVN using SVN Importer.
- Installation and configuration of Apache and Web Sphere Server in Linux Platform.
- Backup management through VERITAS Net backup. Creation of Volumes and pools and scheduling the job.
- Installation and configuration of Network Printer with Centralized control of print client.
- Database Backup and Recovery Performance Monitoring and Tuning.
- Planning and setup of Disaster Recovery Servers.
- Trouble shooting of day to day system and user problems.
- Arbitrated Customer/User meetings to establish needs, initiated/managed risk assessment team, define expectations and explain capabilities of current technologies.
- Documented system requirements.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Solaris, AIX, Linux, and Windows-NT operating systems.
- Installation of Packages and Patches.
- Supported 24/7 high availability production servers.
- Monitoring System using HP/ITO, do kernel tuning to enhance the system performance.
- Configuration and Administration of DNS, NIS, NIS+, NFS, send mail.
- Installation, configuration, and remediation of various Security software.
- Installation and configuration of Netscape and Apache Web Server and Samba Server.
- Jumpstart installation. Writing Shell and Perl Scripting for automation of job.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID. Disk replacement and File system recovery.
- Oversaw customer installation and acceptance testing of the product, Product resided on Sun/Veritas configuration.
- Provided 24/7-support coverage, pager support and weekend support.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Solaris 8/9/10, HP-UX 11.0, VMware ESX 4.x, VERITAS, Sun Enterprise 450/420R/250 Servers, Ultra Enterprise 2/1 Servers, SPARC server 1000, SPARC server 20 Enterprise Servers, SPARC Server 1000/20, HP 9000 K, L, N class Server.
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Manager in SAN Storage Area Environment.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and software failures for various servers (core dump and log file analysis).
- Worked with storage team to configure NAS.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Provided 24x7 on call and remote support for UNIX Production Problems and responding to users tickets from Remedy.
- Worked on creating user accounts, user administration, local and global groups on Solaris platform.
- Created User Accounts and Network Shares. Configured SUN Workstations as Domain Clients.
- Administrated NFS, NIS, DHCP, and DNS Samba services running on AIX, Sun Solaris and RHEL.
- Worked with storage team to configure EMC SAN, NAS and iSCSI configuration.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX Linux operating systems.
- Experience in patching with live upgrade/standard install cluster and applying firmware.
- Experience with VMWare Virtualization using ESX hypervisor of Vsphere 4.0.
- Configured Solaris Jumpstart Server, maintained Server 6.0, backup data of Servers using VERITAS Net Backup, maintained security of the Solaris Servers.
- Performance monitoring and Tuning using top, prstat, sar, vmsat, ps, iostat etc.
- Shell Scripting to automate tasks on Solaris and Linux and automated jobs using Crontob.
- Configuration of VERITAS Cluster Server, Service Guard from the scratch and maintained service group/packages for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Worked on cronolog in Linux servers for managing the logs of the Web Servers and performed automation using Shell and Perl Scripts.
- Extensively worked on Administering FileNet P8 (Process Task Manager, Application Engine, Content Engine, Process Engine).
- Worked on high performance applications in a clustered environment.
- Involved in Implementing and Administrating enterprise level data backup and recovery.
- Implemented backup solution for the Network.
- Installed and configured file and Application servers running on Sun Servers.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP.
- Managed Users for AIX, Solaris, HP-UNIX, and Linux Servers and assigned right to access network resources.
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 5, AIX 4.x/5.x, Sun Enterprise 450/420R/250 Servers, Ultra Enterprise 2/1 Servers, SPARC server 1000, SPARC server 20 Enterprise Servers, VERITAS.