- Around 8 years of experience in corporate IT Industry as AWS/DevOps engineer, Linux Systems Administrator and Storage Support Engineer, Production Support on various applications like Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Environment.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong experience on DevOps concepts like Build Automation , Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Infrastructure as code technologies, Cloud computing
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the Java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Production. Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Experience with various AWS services like EC2, S3, ELB, Glacier, VPC, RDS and Cloud Watch, elastics IP, security groups and cloud formation.
- Experienced in AWS Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon kinesis
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) to create custom - sized VPC, Subnets, EC2 instances, ELB and Security groups.
- Experienced in successful delivering of secure AWS cloud solutions and shifting on-premises applications on AWS.
- Experienced in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Aptitude in utilizing GIT, GitHub furthermore to have organization learning to bolster employee and GitHub clients
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement Continuous Integration process
- Application Deployment and environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Proficient in apache subversion (SVN) and CVS tools
- Hands on experience in automating build process with tools Ant, Maven, Gradle using Python and Shell scripting languages
- Having hands-on experience on PAAS, and TAAS environment setups in RHEL7. Development.
- Configure Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments
- Experience in installing, upgrading, patching, configuring, administrating and maintaining various Linux flavors like RHEL, Suse, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and Unix flavors like sun Solaris and windows servers
- Experience in Performance monitoring, Security, Troubleshooting, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Maintenance and Support of Unix systems
- Used RDS, MySQL and Dynamo DB to perform database administration
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Ant, Maven, and Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell, Ansible, Nagios, and Docker
- Managing ongoing updates and configuration changes to Aws environments using deployment. Automation tools such as Jenkins alongside chef and terraform
- Proficient in Maintaining Enterprise Nexus code repository and SonarQube Code Quality management, regularly monitoring the quality gate of Enterprise application using SonarQube.
- Experience in Working with Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications and well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Azure platform for support delivery, solved complex billing and technical issues
- Experience with Linux Administration, Application Build and Release Management, Cloud Infrastructure management, Software Configuration Management.
- Expert in Implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure. Working on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS)and, SQL Azure.
- Expertise on DNS, NIS, NFS, FTP, DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as Sub netting, routing, firewall related to TCP/IP protocol issues
- Worked with various Ticketing tools which include Bugzilla, Jira, Junit, GE Service Now
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL, oracle/ sun Solaris, oracle Linux server
- Extensive experience in working with various teams such as QA, Engineers and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are strongly integrated with the build system.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/configuration of different applications.
- Application servers like Web Sphere, WebLogic, JBoss. Web Servers like and Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
- Experience on different kinds of application servers and web tiers including Apache tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere.
- Monitoring Splunk infrastructure (identify bad searches, dashboards and overall health of Splunk) and collaborate with respective teams to improve performance
- Experience with MongoDB, MSSQL, MySQL and Server DB Tasks.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Experience with Monitoring and log analytics tools (similar to Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana, Grafana, Nagios, Splunk)
- Worked on setting up the Atlassian stack product “Confluence” in Data Center
- Integrated JIRA with Jenkins using the webhook functionality and GitHub smart commits.
Operating System: Red Hat Linux 4,5,6, Sun Solaris 8.9.10, VSphere 4.0,5.0, Windows 98, 2000 Millennium Edition, XP, 7/8/10, Linux, CentOS 5,6, Fedora, Ubuntu
CM Tools: Ansible, Chef, Docker, Puppet
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Nexus
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Version Control: Git, CVS, Perforce, SVN
Cloud: AWS (VPC, EC2, Cloud Formation, S3, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Redshift, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, RDS, Dynamo DB and Elastic Cache
Scripting: Shell, Groovy, Python
Database: Oracle 9i, 10g, Db2, MS access, MySQL 3. X NO sql.
Languages: C, Java
Web App Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, JBoss
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch
Ticketing Tools: Bugzilla, Jira, GE Service Now
Sr. DevOps & AWS Cloud Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing most of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation
- Worked on configuring Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS .
- Proficient in writing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB’s and Security groups.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes ELB, Cloud front, Lambda, database security and application configuration also Developed them to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda, CloudWatch
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Worked on many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations . Written Chef Recipes to automate deployment process and data bags in Chef for better environment management and test kitchen to validate cookbooks.
- Worked on Docker, OpenShift to manage microservices for development and point team player on OpenShift for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools, leveraging Python allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and Kubernetes deploy services.
- Coordinate with Engineering Teams on environment needs, build out monitoring platform and continuously improve capabilities for PAAS CloudFoundry. Manage and operate the Big Data environment AWS EMR and Redshift clusters
- Extensively used Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Good understanding with the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack using Ansible and Used Ansible
- Playbooks to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python script.
- Used Servlets and JSP's in developing the web application on Apache Tomcat 7.
- Configured VMware instances for PROD ELK stack with shared mount for elastic search index
- Developed chef cookbooks to install ELK stack on openstack servers bootstrapped to Chef
- Responsible for installing and administrating the SonarQube for code quality check and Nexus repository and generating reports for different projects. Also, integrated them with Jenkins.
- Architect and implement AWS Elastic Map Reduce (Hadoop clusters) EMR for Big Data automation and Analytics\Representation (Tableau).
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes.
- Configured connection pools, data sources for JDBC connection on Tomcat and Jboss and Weblogic with SQL and Oracle DB server.
- Installing and Configured SOA Suite, WebLogic 10.3.x.x Servers, WebLogic Portal Servers, Oracle Service Bus Domains and Clusters.
- Worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Worked with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline providing continuous improvement to Agile software development teams. Configured Jenkins and integrated it with Chef to schedule jobs on all the bootstrapped nodes.
- Worked with different migration services like AWS Server Migration Service (SMS ) to ... is managed by Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS).
- Experience in deploying the applications using Docker container services ... DevOps Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services(EC2,EBS,EKS), Jenkins.
- Configured POM file to manage Maven plugins such as Maven build plugins and Maven Reporting plugins and resolve Maven dependencies required for the project.
- Integrated GIT with Jenkins using the GitHub plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Configured Ansible control machine and wrote Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting .
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline . This primarily consists of a Jenkins to run packages and various supporting software components such as Maven.
- Used Jenkins for CI/Automation tool for Continuous Integration . Configured master and slaves to run various builds on different machines and used GIT as a Source Code manager, Maven and Gradle as a Build Tool.
- Build and administrate Continuous Delivery pipelines using Git, Jenkins and Groovy DSL.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins Freestyle and pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Jfrog Artifactory implementation and process flow in production and non-production environments.
- Designed JIRA the workflow for tracking the issues from QA to responsible teams for environment defects.
- Continuously updating documentation for internal knowledge base of support team and IT team.
- Proposed, Implemented and maintained new branching strategies in GIT for development teams to support master branch, development baseline codes along with several feature branches.
- Worked on setting up Atlassian Stack product “ Confluence in Data Center”. Worked on integrating Jira and Confluence.
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes in JIRA .
Environment : AWS EC-2, VPC, Auto-Scaling, ELB, ELK, Shell Scripts, ANSIBLE, Java, Python, Maven, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Nagios, GIT, Agile.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
Sr. DevOps & AWS Cloud Engineer
- Worked on AWS and related services like EBS, RDS, ELB, Route53, S3, EC2, AMI, IAM through AWS console
- Expertise in developing templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Experienced in building AWS S3 buckets and managed policies and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/GIT. Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Used Chef to manage web applications, configure files, database, users and packages. Developed Chef Recipes using Ruby framework to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Server automation with Chef and used tools like Maven for deployment and build management.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Administered cookbook source code repos for deployment cookbooks and implementing chef spec frameworks to make out cookbook issues at initial stages of authoring the recipes.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Configured the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower so that other users can run them with just a push of a button.
- Used Jenkins for CI/Automation tool for Continuous Integration. Configured master and slaves to run various builds on different machines and used GIT as a Source Code manager, Maven and Gradle as a Build Tool.
- Created Jenkins pipeline jobs using Groovy Jenkins file. Pipeline provides Build as a code option to perform end to end process of source code, building and deployment in different environments.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool on java projects for development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war & jar form source code and experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds. Configured and Administrated Nexus Repository Manager and Artifactory.
- Experienced working with Jenkins-API using python to monitor weekly status report of all jobs running on master and slave machines
- Developed shell and python scripts for several system administration tasks to automate build and staging process.
- Installed, Managed and Configured Managed monitoring tools such as Splunk and Nagios for motoring the log files, Network Monitoring and log trace monitoring.
- Used Splunk to centralize and analyse logs, Nagios is used for infrastructure and services monitoring and as alerting solution.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in sprint.
- Containerizing the integration process by GitLab CI within docker.
- Experienced in Gitlab CI and Jenkins for CI and for End-to-End automation for all build and CD.
- Integrated GitLab into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Experienced in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and worked on Docker Engine, Docker HUB, Docker Images and Docker Compose for handling images for installations and domain configurations.
- Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF. Built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
Environment : AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, ELB, ELK, Shell Scripts, ANSIBLE, Unix/ Linux environment, Java, Python, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Nagios, GIT, Agile.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups and also having good knowledge on Azure Fabric, Micro services in Azure.
- Extensive experience in Windows Azure (IaaS) migrating like creating Azure VMs, storage accounts and storage pools, migrating on premise servers to Azure and creating availability sets
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- CICD architecture and maintenance using Microsoft VSTS for Azure & On-prem datacenter.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet Roles, Profiles, and MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules. Wrote puppet manifests from scratch for deploying, configuring and managing metric collection and monitoring.
- Hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and used Puppet to create manifests, modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, and Database, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Setting up with Jenkins automation creating Docker containers and building Docker images and pushed those images to Docker registry.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Created python scripts to automate security group creation and management from state files versioned in GitHub.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub.
- Worked with Ticketing & Tracking tools like JIRA, Service Now for various tickets.
- Experience in using Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers. Wrote several custom Splunk queries for monitoring and alerting.
- Installed, configured the web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and Web Sphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Participated in writing Ruby script for building applications used to manage and tune the automation deployment tool chef. Integrated JIRA and Jenkins with regards to Release Noted creation and updates.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Experience with monitoring systems Nagios, Grafana.
Environment: Maven, Nexus, puppet, chef, Jenkins, Docker, Azure, Nginx, Nagios, Git, Agile, Shell Scripts, Java, Python, Unix/Linux Environment
Confidential, Plymouth Meeting, PA
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) to create new instances, checking the security group settings, adding and deleting the elastic IPs for the needed servers, applying the inbound IP addressed as needed.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move into different environments and created new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus and Ansible.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks.
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, proactively manages change and well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Extensively worked on creating Docker file, build the images, running Docker containers and manage Dockerized application by using Docker Cloud.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos (Mesosphere) and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code. Created and maintained Ant build.xml’s and Maven Pom.xml’s for performing the build processes.
- Built, configured and secured Virtual Machines for Open stack cloud environment
- Built Java based artifacts on the CM Server view using Maven, these Java based artifacts which includes war, ear and jar files for system testing and implemented configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) using Clear Case.
- Performed automation engineer tasks and implemented the ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Log stash, Kibana) for AWS EC2 hosts.
Environment : Python, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Nagios, GIT, Agile, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, ELB, ELK, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment, spark.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked with developers, project managers, and product owners to setup the road map, and supported day to day build issues
- As a Release Engineer, supported multiple teams for multiple applications including Java/J2EE.
- Attended every day Scrum/Agile meetings and weekly sprint meetings to evaluate completed work and to handover new tasks
- Responsible for maintenance of source control systems Subversion and Git
- Used Maven to build RPMs from source code checked out from Git and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager
- Maintained two Jenkins servers and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environments. Migrated Jenkins plans from one of the Jenkins to Bamboo
- Identified Configuration Items (CI) and documented their characteristics. After every deployment, delivered the Release notes on Confluence site
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), JSPs, and Servlets in staging, and production
- Created and maintained Shell scripts for building applications
- Knowledge of Chef as configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change
- Involved in release planning and executed the release build request from the project team through JIRA ticket
Environment: Git, Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Confluence, Artifactory, Rally, JIRA, Chef, CentOS, Shell Scripts
Linux Administrator/Build and Release Engineer
- Administered the Subversion VCS and managed the access for users of the Subversion repositories
- Proposed industry best branching strategies and created branches to implement parallel development in a fast-paced agile environment
- Integrated Subversion with JIRA and created pre-commit to implement the gated check-in process and post-commit hooks to implement JIRA commit plugin
- Installed and administer Atlassian tool set including JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible, and Bamboo
- Upgraded Atlassian Fisheye from internal HSQLDB database to external MySQL database
- Created Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar and Nexus
- Involved in troubleshooting build issues for Java errors due to vast exposure to language
- Integrated with the existing Ant scripts to automate the code quality report generation process for the existing legacy-based applications
- Installed Bamboo and performed troubleshooting during installation to implement the CI process for the Java application builds
- Tracked all the changes in JIRA tracking tool and provided metrics reporting of the project release activities
Environment: Subversion, Bamboo, Shell, Perl, WebLogic, Apache, WLST, JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible Ant, Maven, and Nexus
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Linux, HP-UX systems.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and kickstart for Linux.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Regular disk management like adding / replacing hot swappable drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Worked with other IT teams, customers (users), and other managers in helping build and implement systems and standards
- Created LVMs on Linux servers.
- Preparing servers for Oracle RAC installation which includes tuning the kernel, agent installation, adding NAS storage.
- Worked on resolving production issues and documenting Root Cause Analysis and updating the tickets using BMC Remedy.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, iSCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using BMC Tools.
Environment: RHEL 4/5/6, Centos 6, Veritas, NetBackup, Veritas Volume Manager, Apache, Tomcat WebSphere, Samba, NFS, NIS, LVM, Linux, Shell Programming.