- Around 9 years of experience in IT industry with strong knowledge of Quality Assurance in banking, insurance and retail domains.
- Strong understanding of QA principles, QA processes and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced working in Agile/Scrum methodology and implement agile practices for testing.
- Experience in working with on site, off - shore model.
- Provide input for estimation, scope, out of scope for testing and other areas for Test Plan preparation.
- Experience in Smoke, GUI, Functionality, Integration, regression, compatibility and user acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL queries for verification and validation of backend testing for different databases like SQL server, Oracle.
- Experience in testing Web Services manually using Soap UI and Acceptance test case Automation using Ruby cucumber framework using Ruby mine IDE.
- Experience in testing Client server and Web applications.
- Manipulated MS-SQL Server and Oracle 9i/10g databases using SQL queries.
- Experienced in implementing Organization DevOps strategy in various operating environments of Linux and windows servers along with cloud strategies of Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Gained experience in deploying applications on to their respective environments using IBM Urban Code Deploy.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Acquired practical exposure with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and Anthill Pro to merge development with testing through pipelines.
- Worked with Docker container infrastructure to encapsulate code into a file system with abstraction and automation.
- Involved in the functional usage and gained working knowledge of web servers like Tomcat, HTTP, WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Expertise in gap analysis of 4010/5010 of all transactions such as 837, 835, 999.
- Knowledge on EDI transactions used in healthcare industry and good knowledge of HIPAA X12.
- Experience as an EDI analyst performing verification and validation of the EDI transactions.
- Possess strong knowledge of healthcare terminology and extensive experience working on healthcare projects. Specialized experience in healthcare insurance domain. Profound understanding of insurance policies like HMO and PPO and proven experience with HIPPA 4010/5010 EDI transaction codes such as 270/271(inquiry/response health care benefits), 26/277(Claim status), 999(Functional Acknowledgment).
- Expertise in analyzing and reporting bugs and interacting with team members in fixing the errors.
- Exposure on managing defect tracking systems like Quality center.
- Experience in tracking test coverage and providing metrics to management.
- Experience in Automation testing, Backend testing using Selenium IDE & Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensive working experience on Functionality Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Stress Testing.
- Responsive to effectively include the requirements and resource changes during the release cycle.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects, under tight deadlines, often with competing priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, result oriented, hard working as team player as well as individual contributor.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac OS
Databases: Oracle, SQL
Browsers: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome
Programming Languages: MySQL, HTML, XML, Ruby 1.87 & 2.42, Cucumber (Gherkin)
Testing Tools: Soap UI, Firebug, Selenium, Cucumber
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality CenterOther Tools: MS Office Suite, PAC2000, Putty, WinSCP, XML Spy, MKS IntegrityFiddler, Rally, Confluence, Git, BMC control M, Putty
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked Collaboratively to identify acceptance criteria for stories testing.
- Planned, gathered and maintained test data, test environments executed test Automation Framework.
- Documented Test Requirements and Test cases using Rational Team Concert (RTC) to track stakeholder requested enhancements and changes.
- Identified test solutions and improvements including test issues, risks and blockers and addressed them to ensure quality of the product.
- Executed test cases for functional testing in lower environment (Alpha) and perform Regression testing in higher environments (Beta and Stage). worked on Vendor integration projects to perform inbound and outbound functional testing using SoapUI.
- Developed and executed test scripts and scenarios for payment features.
- Involved in the development and implementation process for PCI secure payment gateway applications.
- Worked on IBM Mainframes to ensure reliability of front-end web applications.
- Identified and executed test scenarios on various macro automations which were embedded into front end and Main Frame applications.
- Worked in pair configurations with developers to understand and develop sophisticated test net for Macro Automations.
- Involved in cross platform training to gain knowledge and practical experience on multiple technologies.
- Developed Regression Test Suite and executed every release cycle to ensure the integrity of the application and its performance.
- Developed and managed metrics and reports to gauge team velocity.
- Been a critical part of Dev-ops implementation namely on the go release for small scale impact applications.
- Participated in daily standups providing continuous updates and feedbacks as a part of agile environment.
Environment: HP ALM Quality Centre, SQL, Confluence, RTC, Ruby, Cucumber (Gherkin), Ruby Mine, Selenium Web driver, IBM Main Frames, Windows 7, IE, Chrome, Firefox.
Sr. Software Engineer
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Worked with Product and development team through Agile practices, defined and executed testing for the team including UI and API testing.
- Involved in setting up automation test framework with Ruby, Cucumber using Ruby Mine IDE.
- Worked in Agile/Scrum Environment participating in sprint planning, backlog grooming, story card estimation, 3 amigo meetings, and retrospective meetings.
- Identified test cases to be automated and wrote scripts in Watir Webdriver using Ruby Mine IDE.
- Created test cases using Element locators and PageObject methods, executed the scripts and reported defects in Jira.
- Integrated with tools like Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically and contributed to continuous Integration pipeline running automation and manual functional tests.
- Maintained the scripts using Git.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the application for data integrity and verified the contents of the data table.
- Coordinated with database developers and batch ops team to verify batch jobs that run stored procedures.
- Worked with Production support team to test the production issue fixes.
Environment: QTP, SQL SERVER 2014, Confluence, Jira, Gherkin Cucumber, Ruby Mine, Watir Web driver, Windows 10, IE, Chrome, Firefox.
Confidential, New Jersey
- Documented Test Requirements and Test cases using Jira/Ruby Mine to track the stakeholders requested enhancements and changes.
- Reviewed change request documents and specifications from business and write test cases including positive, negative and alternate scenarios.
- Executed test cases for functional testing in lower environment (Alpha) and perform regression testing in higher environments (Beta and Stage).
- Performed testing of each build and then regression testing using cucumber automation test suites.
- Wrote Xpath expressions to identify dynamic objects, used Firebug/Firepath add-on tools to identify object ids, name, Xpath, link in the application.
- Configured JENKIN jobs to execute automate tests for continuous integration and smoke testing along with build deployment process.
- Performed integration data testing for EQ to client data flow and validate the XML results.
- Also, working on Vendor integration projects to perform inbound and outbound functional testing using SoapUI.
- Work on client reported issues on priority basis, validate issues in lower environments and work with developers and business team to resolve it.
- Performed manual testing for different functionalities/workflow and log defects in MKS.
- Wrote SQL queries to validate and verify data in SQL server database.
- Participated in daily standups providing continuous updates and feedbacks.
Environment: Ruby Mine, QTP, SQL SERVER 2008, Watir Web driver, Cucumber, MKS Integrity, SoapUI, Windows Vista/7, UNIX, IE, Firefox.
- System Test strategy & Test Cases preparation.
- Writing Test cases in Java for Stream based ATE on Windows OS.
- Automation of test cases using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and tested TCL scripts for automation testing.
- Backend testing for verifying Automation test results.
- Automated defect logging in SharePoint using Selenium.