- Observant software test engineer with 5+year work experience in performing an assortment of software testing by building and maintaining automation test scripts written in Java, Ruby, Selenium WebDriver, Rspec on new software or improvised version of existing software programs and applications. Dedicated observer and a resource with a constant effort to improve the quality of the existing scripts by upgrading them to the new enhancements in the existing application.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Expertise in developing Test Plan and Test Cases based on business requirements, technical specifications and product knowledge.
- Experience application programming interfaces (APIs) testing as part of integration testing to determine their functionality, reliability, performance, and security using Postman.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration, Smoke, GUI testing, Database testing, Release testing, Web testing, Performance testing & User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Experience in developing Data driven framework with Java - Selenium and Behaviour driven framework using Ruby-Rspec.
- Hands on experience in Test Management and Source Code Management tools like SVN, GitHub, Maven.
- Knowledge and experience in complete QA Life Cycle, which includes designing, developing & execution of the entire QA Process, documentation of Functional Test Plans, Identification of Business Processes & Test Scripts for e-Commerce and Client/Server applications.
- Building the testing methodologies by understanding and utilizing multiple frameworks. Dedicated observer and a resource with a constant effort to improve the quality of the existing scripts by upgrading them to the new enhancements in the existing application. Also, an eminent and efficient involvement in developing the test strategy, test plan and test execution documents.
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies including Develop, execute, maintain Test plan, Test suites, Test result documents and bug reports.
- Selenium Web Driver
- Automation Testing
- Functional testing
- HP ALM
- API testing
- Sauce Labs
- Data Driven Development
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Developing Automation Frameworks using Eclipse, Maven, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Developing automation script to perform end to end testing for highly transactional financial application.
- Designing test cases and test plans in an Agile- Scrum environment by analysing product requirements, tracking changes and maintaining test requirement.
- Engaged in GUI, Functional, Regression and Integration and user acceptance testing.
- Feature & Regression testing completion, report code clean status, generate and report test results.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SVN, Sauce Labs, Agile, Eclipse, Maven, Excel, Jira, SQL
Confidential, Santa Barbara, CA
Software QA Engineer
- Developed automation suits for a workflow of a Request for Information (RFI) tool with Ruby and Rspec using Capybara.
- Designing, building and developing automated testing frameworks for functionality and performance of Procore built construction management software’s.
- Developed RESTful service automation to test back-end and experience service layer.
- Validated email notification to the end users for an in-time update.
- Developed and designed test cases and test plans in an Agile- Scrum environment by analysing product requirements, tracking changes and maintaining test requirements.
- Involved in Code Review, Design Review, Test Case Review meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it.
- Liaising with Product Manager and Software Engineers to ensure timely resolution of defects and deliver high quality software at speed.
Environment: Agile, Ruby, GIT, Jira, HP ALM, Rspec, Postman, Litmus, RubyMine, Capybara
Software QA Engineer
- Wrote and performed Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Error Handling.
- Developed automated and manual test scripts.
- Automated highly transactional e-commerce web application using Java and Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Performed manual testing using HP ALM.
- Worked on Keyword Driven and Data Driven Testing framework.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
- Executed framework and analysed result.
- Worked effectively in Agile environment to achieve automation, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
- Executed scripts on multiple platforms using Sauce Labs.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to interpret test results and create test data.
- Participated in Release planning, Sprint kick off, Sprint review, Retrospectives and daily Scrum meetings.
Environment: HP ALM, Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SVN, Sauce Labs, Agile, Eclipse, Maven, Excel, Jira, SQL