- Around8 years of IT experience as Software Developer andSenior Automation Test Engineer with around 6 years’ experience in Object Oriented Programming, Software Testing and Selenium Automation.
- Expertise in Quality Analysis with strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and object - oriented methodologies.
- Strong knowledge in Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Experience in reviewing of Requirements document, Design document, Functional specification and Risk Assessment.
- Participated in formal software reviews to identify problems and determine whether the interim product meets all applicable requirements.
- Good experience in converting Use cases into Test cases.
- Excellent experience in Software Testing in Client Server Application and Web based application using Manual Testing Techniques and Automated open source Testing Tools.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver,TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, SOAP UI.
- Performed Java Web Services testing for REST API Calls. Performed API Testing using Rest Client and SOAP UI.
- Used Postman to manually test REST API / web services functionality
- Good experience in using JIRA to write requirements and logging defects.
- Strong experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test data, and Test execution.
- Extensive expertise in creating test plans and test cases and in conducting smoke, performance, stress, functional, integration, system, compatibility, regressiontesting.
- Experience in Coordinating Functional, Regression, User Acceptance, of Client-Server and Web-based applications.
- Experience in Performing identification and implementation of the Automation Framework in Java and methodologies which were used for Automated Testing.
- Experienced in Performing Data Driven Testing (DDT) and in creating User Defined and Re-usable Functions.
- Designed & Developed Data Driven Framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG,Maven, POI and extent report.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud-based code repository system like GitHub.
- Experience using Version Control: GIT. Configured Extent Reports with Test NG framework.
- Created Test NG test suite and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automationscripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Experience in using Apache POI API for reading and writing data to excel with Selenium Web driver.
- Used JDBC to connect to databases like DB2, MYSQL, and Oracle to store, delete, manipulate and retrieve data from many applications.
- Experience with multiple software development methodologies - including Waterfall, Agile & Scrum.
- Systematic Understanding of Linux and Windows Environment.
- Experience writing SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills, fast learner, hardworking and good team player also accustomed to work in both large and small team environments.
- Used Firebug to inspect web elements and locator techniques to capture the web elements.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Used GITHUB for maintaining code repositories and Maven for configuring the dependencies in POM.xml
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Appium, Protractor
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira
Continuous Integration Tool/Version control/Repository: Jenkins,GitHub,Maven
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Databases: DB2, MySQL, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Confidential, Sunnyvale, California
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases by analyzing functional specifications and user requirements.
- Worked on testing the application in different machines at the same time and with different web browsers (cross browser testing).
- Analyzed and reported bugs to development team. And also reproduced the issues requested by development team, re-testing the test cases after bug fix and updating test results.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG,Maven and JDBC Connections
- Executed Test Scripts manually and reported defects using Jira.
- Design, Build, and Execute automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver against web-based applications in JAVA language.
- Performed application programming interfaces (APIs) testing directly and as part of integration testing to determine if they meet expectations for functionality, reliability, performance, and security using POSTMAN and Rest assured framework.
- Automated REST web services test cases using Rest Assured with Java, JSON and TestNG.
- Developed QA test framework for automated testing of Client RESTful APIs using Java.
- Configured Jenkins and monitored the Jenkins report after Sanity/ Regression test suite execution.
- Responsible for end to end Testing, Requirements gathering, and ensuring the entire test plans and scenarios are covered in the documentation.
- Created and executed keyword driven and data driven test cases for testing web applications using Selenium WebDriver and JAVA.
- Executed all the automated BDD regression (Cucumber) test cases for UAT and QA environment.
- Testing various operations in WSDL using SOAPUI tool
- Prepared and executed tests with SQL to perform back-end testing.
- Used JIRA to log defects and tracked them till its closure.
- Analyzed test results and communicated with development team.
- Developed and executed various scripts for automated testing of each individual functionality of the applications using Selenium WebDriver.
- Attended Daily/weekly team meetings to discuss status, defects and blocking issues.
- Attended meetings with Business Analysts, Developers and QA team to resolve issues regarding the requirement updates and/or changes in the database fields.
- Conducted weekly batch testing to in corporate changes in new build.
- Coordinate with off-shore team in writing and executing test cases by explaining the business requirements.
Environment: JIRA, RESTful Web Services, Postman, HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Rest Assured, Cucumber, Protractor, TestNG, JUnit, SQL, Selenium WebDriver, Linux/Linux, SQL Server, SoapUI, JAVA, Agile Methodology, Android.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Sr. Quality Engineer
- Followed Agile Scrum methodology, participated in Sprint planning sessions, daily Standup meetings, conferences and walk-through to understand the business and testing requirements and to plan the testing process on a regular basis.
- Coordinated the Peer Review with Test Team and project team for detailing test cases and steps and providing the detailed estimation completion dates for the given task.
- Perform System integration test for different application modules and verify that the application functions as expected
- Plan and execute Test modules to ensure that software confirms to system specifications
- Performed Integration Testing, Functionality testing, System Testing, Regression Testing on JAVA web apps
- Developed automated front-end tests using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA.
- Developed automation test scripts for web application by using Eclipse, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Java, and Maven.
- Handled the team of 8members in the project including the offshore lead. Track and monitor their work items and the progress till the end of the release.
- Developed QA test framework for automated testing of Client RESTful APIs using Java and Rest assured framework.
- Developed automated test scripts for performing end-to-end testing using Selenium web driver.
- Achieved Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) implementation with Cucumber where backend language used is Java and expanded test scenarios, tracked Cucumber reports.
- Building automation test scripts in Java, Selenium WebDriver to test the application both on admin and consumer side.
- Analyzed Results and was involved in Bug Tracking & Reporting and Detailed status reporting.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber, and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Used Jira as repository for maintaining test cases, execution and tracking the defects.
- Developed Java API (Collections, I/O, Utilities, and JDBC) test scripts with Selenium WebDriver and integrated with TestNG.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders of the project using Jira.
Sr. Quality Engineer
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Involved in Designing Requirement Traceability Matrix to analyze changes and identify the areas of application for Regression Testing.
- Extensively used Selenium WebDriver to test the application.
- Responsible for implementation of Data Driven, Page Object Model Automation Framework using WebDriver, Test NG, Maven technologies.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Data Driven using CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Involved in arriving at the Test Estimates, Test Planning and Test Strategies planning of Test Preparation and Execution.
- Getting the data from backend tables using SQL queries.
- Developed automation script for REST API using Maven.
- Created scripts (SQL, Java,) to augment manual testing, and match database fields against expected results.
- Created Test plans, TestNG suites and Used Selenium WebDriver to automate test scripts for constantly repetitive test cases.
- Developed test plans, test cases for different modules of project.
- Developed Automation scripts, review and execute regressions using Selenium Web driver.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of automation framework.
- Performed cross browser testing in Chrome, IE and Mozilla Firefox.
- Involved in functional, integration and regression testing.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Managing the whole team for various Business Initiatives. Co-ordinated between the Team and Client for delivering zero UAT defect projects.
- Taking sessions and providing training to new recruits. Providing subject matter expertise. Reviewing documentations and code walk through
- Involved in application development using HTML, CSS, Java, JSON, jQuery and Ajax.
- Coding - GUI changes in HTML and Java Script with corresponding Perl programming and Oracle Database Changes
- Preparation of Solution Architecture Design
- Designed necessary backend Java classes to support data access and user authorization
- Developed user-friendly GUI in Swing for Diagno Labs application
- Involved in unit testing and system testing and also responsible for preparing test scripts for the system testing.
- Coordinating with the testing team and fixing Bugs at various stages of the application development.
- Proxy requests to finished client APIs, handling authentication, custom headers
- Writing SQL queries and PL/SQL - functions, sequences and triggers
- Developed Page layouts, presented design concepts to the clients and management to review
- Developed web presentation layer using HTML and CSS according to internal standards and guidelines.
- Wrote application level code to interact with APIs, WebServices using AJAX, JSON and XML.
- Maintenance and debugging applications to fix defects
- Extensively worked on design and development of the application which is capable of handling batch processing and parallel processing
- Guide team members in India and USA for any issues and provide knowledge transfer sessions to help them resolve issues
- Involved in coding reviews and enhancement of application
- Interact with product management team to understand business requirements Developed set of business logic components related to TID application modules
- Designed& Developed hibernate statistics tool that used by all developers in SI to debug real time performance issues related to hibernate
- Managed connectivity using JDBC for querying/inserting & data management including triggers and stored procedures
- Setting up of CVS Repository for all TID applications
- Developed various components of the application and unit test them
- Dealt with java Beans helper classes and servlets for interacting with the UI
- Written SQL Queries to interact with Oracle database
- Developed Servlets, Session and Entity Beans handling business logic and data
- Dealt with the database operations e.g., Calling stored procedures and stored functions
- Deployed Enterprise application using WebLogic Application Server
- Involved in planning & perform testing, verification & validation, quality assurance of the application
- Created form and web pages using HTML, CSS, JSP.
- Troubleshoot various software issues using debugging process and coding techniques.
- Perform Code inspection, functional, structural and boundary and equivalence class testing.
- Implemented all validations and done testing.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs & inspection meetings to verify the status of the testing effort and the project.
- Provided validation of data through SQL queries.
- Helped in reviewing manual test cases and providing feedback.
- Attended the project review meetings, daily/weekly status meetings and walkthroughs with Project managers and leads.