- DevOps Engineer with 7+ year’s IT experience for administration, automation and operations across virtual platforms(UNIX, LINUX, MAC &Windows), handled Software Configuration/ Build &Release Management with Continuous Integration (CI) &Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration.
- Around 7+ years of hands on involvement in IT industry comprising of LINUX, System Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build, Deployment and Release Management, Software advancement environment set up, DevOps automation engineering with AWS Cloud Implementations .
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in various distribution of Linux and Windows using DevOps tools suites like Subversion(SVN), GIT, CVS, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Nexus, Artifactory, Nagios and Splunk in traditional environments, as well as cloud environment like AWS and Azure.
- Experience in working on DevOps operations process and tools area ( Code review, Unit Test automation, Build and Release automation environment, Incident and Change Management ).
- Experience in Administration, Configuration and managing Open source technology like Spark , Kafka , Docker , Kubernets on RHEL.
- Experience in Container management tools like Docker and Kubernetes . Also used to manage clusters of nodes using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), CVS .
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, EBS, SNS, SQS, Route 53, ELB, Auto scaling, Lambda, Elastic search, OPS Work, Security Groups Container services ECS, Logstash, Kibana, InfluxDB, Grafana, worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS .
- Installing and configuring the applications like docker tool and kubernetes for the orchestration purpose.
- Written scripts to containerize using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernetes & Configured the services using modern DevOps tools, like Ansible
- Implemented CICD allowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/AWS environments
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker SWARM tools to deploy containers in a cluster.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployment.
- Strong experience with web/application servers like Apache Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Configure Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and packages and responsible for creation and management of Chef Cookbooks.
- Used Apache Kafka cluster as messaging system between the APIs and Micro services.
- Extensive experience in setting up Chef Workstation, Server and Clients .
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Experience developing and integrating against APIs engineering, development and support experience Terraform Engineering and integration into AWS Scripting
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes .
- Experience in creating Docker Hub, Docker Images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Maintaining and Monitoring the Application/Servers using Nagios .
- Hands-on experience writing Ansible playbooks to deploy automated tasks to many servers.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in writing Pearl Scripts, Python programming for deployment of Java applications.
Operating Systems: Windows, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Unix.
Area of Work: Release management, Migrations, Environment management.
Version Control Tools: SVN, Gitlab, Stash, Github.
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EFS, EBS, RDS, Route 53, AWS Lambda, Auto Scaling, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Config, AWS OpsWorks, AWS CloudFormation
Build /CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
Automation Tools: Chef, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet.
Repository Mangers: Nexus, Artifactory.
Management Tools: Jira, Remedy, Confluence, Service Now.
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DynamoDB
Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, NginX, Jboss.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, JAVA SCRIPT, PHP, XPATH
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS , SNS , lambda and EBS etc.
- Involve in designing and deploying multi-tier applications using all the AWS services like ( EC2 , Route53 , S3 , RDS , SNS , SQS , IAM ).
- Created the AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Created the infrastructure pipeline that builds the ECS cluster and container on it with instance registering to it for API and UI using Jenkins pipeline in DEV and QA environment.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH created Lambda functions to build infrastructure and to upload code using Jenkins pipelines with terraform .
- Develop and implement an automated Linux infrastructure for API and UI of Application.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for project by using JENKINS from scratch.
- Created Build and Deploy pipeline that deploys the application code of API and UI on the ECS cluster using Jenkins pipeline in different Environments.
- Created QA Automated Testing pipeline for testing the application both API and UI code in different environments.
- Worked on Continuous Integration workflow using Virtual Environments like Docker and Kubernetes to build various containers to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Creating Dockerized web application servers with complete infrastructure. Installed and configured Kubernetes master controller and minions/nodes across the environment.
- Managed multiple Kubernetes pod containers scaling, and auto-scaling.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Working with container-based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker Hub
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs.
- Worked DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools like AWS by using Terraform .
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Working on new technologies that able to create pipelines and infrastructure which is related to client requirements.
- Created Infrastructure for the application with Jenkins pipeline.
- Working on Docker containers that builds the application and deploying it into the cloud by declaring as the pipeline step.
- Build the infrastructure and deploy the code in west region using Jenkins pipeline.
- Troubleshoot the pipeline issues and worked on different pipelines like pipeline and Jenkins pipeline.
- Create AWS instance via Jenkins with EC2 plugin and integrate nodes in Ansible and integrating AWS S3 bucket with Jenkins for backup of code.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting. Wrote the Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks to automate the installation of Docker -engine, Docker swarm cluster. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers. Writing Ansible scripts and used Ansible for configure tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Developed Terraform templates to create load balancers (ELB), Ec2 instances with auto scaling, monitoring on the fly for different environments such as QA, Dev, Prod which run on different VPCs
- Created S3 bucket, SQS queue, Postgres RDS using Terraform
- Created the pipeline that builds lambda functions and deployed the node.js code into lambda functions using Jenkins pipeline along with Terraform .
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) for Java REST API micro services, Node JS applications, Git Stash, Jenkins , AWS , Docker and Ansible .
Environment: AWS, GitHub, Jenkins, Cloud Watch, Red hat Linux, UNIX, EC2, ECS, SQS, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Terraform, Artifactory, Docker containers, Github, Ansible .
Confidential, Pleasanton CA
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Creating the Automaten Build and deployment process for application, Re engineering Setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer with EC2 Auto scaling groups and provided support on AWS application provisioning and maintenance tasks, AMI upgrades, and database snapshots.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, DynamoDB, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups .
- Configured DOCKER Containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk. Also Implemented Docker automation solution for CICD model.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Involved in setting up
- Orchestrated complex application deployment quickly and predictably by using Kubernetes.
- Provided SME in all areas of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) to existing and perspective clients on multiple cloud platforms AWS and various PaaS platforms.
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Ruby/ PowerShell scripts .
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Experience in configuring Splunk and Integrated Splunk with Active directory and LDAP authentication.
- Build scripts for ANT and MAVEN Build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform .
- Used Terraform scripts to Automate Instances for Manual Instances that launched before
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks to automate the installation of Docker -engine, Docker swarm cluster. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Writing Ansible scripts and used Ansible for configure tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Managed and Administered Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and Jboss .
- Worked on building & deploying Java code through Jenkins, used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and worked with AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
Environment: AWS, EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, S3, RDS, Ansible, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, Chef, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Linux, ANT, Red Hat Linux, Splunk, DOCKER SWARM.
- Involved in Create/Enhance/automate build and deployment processes for each release and backup, restore and upgrade.
- Maintaining the infrastructure servers for different data centers using Amazon Web Services AWS .
- Used AWS RDS, EC2, SES, SQS, SNS, in multiple virtual and physical data centers to ensure the system was highly redundant and scalable.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing most of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured the Route 53 DNS, load Balancers for the VPC and Set up Route 53 to ensure traffic distribution among different regions of AWS.
- Developed Terraform templates to create load balancers (ELB), Ec2 instances with auto scaling, monitoring on the fly for different environments such as QA, SIT, Stage which run on different VPCs.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps role for our on-premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Chef and AWS/ Docker .
- Developed Chef cookbooks from the scratch and used knife utility for bootstrapping, provisioning multiple nodes.
- Implemented CI process for Chef cookbooks development workflow with help of Test Kitchen, Foodcrtitic, Robocop and Chef spec.
- Configured Apache, NginX and Tomcat with Load balancers using modjk. Implemented same with Chef .
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, WebLogic servers using Chef, Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the Continuous Integration (CI ) environment along with Jenkins.
- Participated in Java/J2EE and also have the ability to develop XML, HTML, Shell Scripts .
Environment: Windows/Linux, SVN, ANT, Maven, Oracle, .Net, Oracle Database, WebLogic, Subversion, GIT, SQL, Docker, Docker Swarm, Jenkins, Java, Nexus, Chef and AWS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Gathering Information from the Clients and providing consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven.
- Make sure the configuration, version and systems are working fine
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly Builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- Managed and Administered Web logic 8 and 10.3 Environments.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Creating Perforce and SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Created virtual servers on VMware ESX/ESXi and installed operating system on Guest servers.
- Ensure servers and environments are available for developments and testing validation is meeting the expectation. Responsible for managing and creating different environments for PI Line of Business.
- Assist Clients and team mates to understand issues and help/coordinate with multiple teams to resolve issues and make the environment stable.
Environment: Java, GIT, SVN, Ant, Maven, Nexus, WebLogic, Tomcat, Oracle Virtual Box, Microsoft office tools, UNIX/Windows, Perl scripts, Power shell, TFS, JIRA, Shell scripts, Jenkins.
- Support Team - Was part of the Infrastructure Support Team responsible for handling support issues using CA Service Desk.
- Developed BASH Shell scripts for ad hoc automation tasks.
- Image baking for multiple application use cases.
- Linux monitoring using Nagios.
- Included Vulnerability Detection as part of the CI/CD workflow using Jenkins Pipelines, SonarQube Quality Gates.
- Perform server updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM.
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Developed Cro n and Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Manages Siteminder administrator accounts and users when using the Siteminder LDAP repository.
- Developed scripts using perl, bash and batch files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment
- Log Analysis, Maintaining Documents of production server logs reports and server's list.
Environment: Bash Shell Scripts, Image Baking, Nagios, SonarQube, Ubuntu, Centos, Cron jobs, PERL.